I'll take one for the team, I work from home right now so not a problem to call. It didn't tell me an estimated hold time so I guess it'll be a surprise as to what it will be....! I'll report back when I talk to someone. It'll drive me nuts to sit around waiting all day to see if I gave up all my ADRs for no good reason so I gotta know for my own sanity. :scared:
Thank you 🙏. Hope we all get to keep our reservations.

Okay just got off the phone! The CM I talked to didn’t think the extra dining reservations released was a glitch- the system itself just went down and is currently being worked on. I asked specifically about the possibility of reservations being cancelled and she put me on hold to ask a supervisor and she came back on and told me not to worry, that as long as I have the confirmation email and the dining reservation is also showing up in the app then I’m good to go. She did recommend taking screenshots if for some reason you don’t have an email. She recommend if I have any issues to call back. But overall, she was confident that I should not worry. She also mentioned she did a few reservations over the phone before the system went down for those newly released times.

So looks like they likely increased restaurant capacity and that’s why we saw so many additional dining reservations released.

Okay just got off the phone! The CM I talked to didn’t think the extra dining reservations released was a glitch- the system itself just went down and is currently being worked on. I asked specifically about the possibility of reservations being cancelled and she put me on hold to ask a supervisor and she came back on and told me not to worry, that as long as I have the confirmation email and the dining reservation is also showing up in the app then I’m good to go. She did recommend taking screenshots if for some reason you don’t have an email. She recommend if I have any issues to call back. But overall, she was confident that I should not worry. She also mentioned she did a few reservations over the phone before the system went down for those newly released times.

So looks like they likely increased restaurant capacity and that’s why we saw so many additional dining reservations released.
Or they were holding off on spots and released them this morning

Thank you for coming back and reporting. 😊

You're amazing, thank you! (And I'm glad you didn't have to wait 2 1/2 hours on hold!)

Thank you for calling and giving us an update :)

Thank you for waiting - helps get a little more info!

Found the statement on a fairly reputable site for WDW news. Said that Disney is evaluating all of the reservations this morning that were made during the "technical issue" (said Disney did not increase restaurant capacity, that a technical issue made too many ADRs available) - to see if they can accommodate them within the reduced capacity levels. No additional info right now on any questions that may come along with that. With long hold times on the phone, I'm trying to be patient and be ok with whatever the outcome (hoping, at a minimum - they can restore my original ADRs that I canceled to get some of the awesome ones that popped up this morning). Most importantly, will follow up on the refund for CRT ADR I canceled to get a better time (no longer appears on My Plans, but I never got the e-mail cancelation). Good luck to whoever else is in this boat!

I'm trying to be patient and be ok with whatever the outcome (hoping, at a minimum - they can restore my original ADRs that I canceled to get some of the awesome ones that popped up this morning). Most importantly, will follow up on the refund for CRT ADR I canceled to get a better time (no longer appears on My Plans, but I never got the e-mail cancelation). Good luck to whoever else is in this boat!

I saw someone else post this too on another thread- what a bummer. But I’m with you, I’m not going to panic yet but I am definitely planning to push to get my original ADRs back if things get cancelled. I didn’t receive cancellation emails either but my old reservations also don’t show up in My Plans.

If anyone gets any cancellation notices of their new dining plans, please post them!

I only added one and I truly hope they are able to accommodate me as I have been stalking this one for quite some time, but if not it won’t be the end of the world. I will be sad though.

I would like to see the supposed statement that Disney released on this (according to the article).

I would like to see the supposed statement that Disney released on this (according to the article).

I don't think we can post links here - I read it on one of the few sites that consistently post Disney facts, not rumors. Time will definitely tell, though. And, the ADR system has been down since this morning.

I can’t believe this!!! Most of what I did this morning was just to change times on my existing reservations...I just made a new reservation for Topolinos!!! I hope I don’t lose everything🙁
I actually did have a bad feeling about this this morning and wondered if it could possibly be a glitch!

I just keep checking to see if my ADRs are still there...I’m really hoping that they won’t start disappearing like what happened when they stopped the dining plan...

We were at the parks in mid-October. I’m not going to report our entire experience, as I feel other people have conveyed that already. I just wanted to comment on two things:

1) We are not rope-drop people. Never have managed to make it to the parks before they opened. After reading reports here, we got to the gates of MK ~45 minutes before announced park open. I can’t stress how much it was worth it. I can’t imagine what our day would have looked like without it (we felt that we did everything we wanted to, and we took a 4 hour break mid-day to go back to the Poly and enjoy the pool). Non-rope-drop people: getting there early IS worth it right now!

2) Unpopular opinion around here, but we love Liberty Tree Tavern. We had a lunch reservation there, which we were excited about. When we arrived, we were told that we were being seated next door at the Diamond Horseshoe, but we’d receive the same meal/service as we would have at LTT. We were frustrated, as we enjoy the theming of LTT (I know, I know, unpopular opinion), and I would have appreciated some heads-up in advance since we had a reservation.

I asked if we could wait for a table inside LTT - they said we could, but they didn’t know how long it would take and guessed it may be “up to an hour.” Obviously we didn’t want to wait that long, so we just went with the overflow seating at Diamond Horseshoe. It felt like eating at a quick service. In retrospect, I wish I would have pushed harder.

Also - for the first time ever - I left LTT hungry! It was so strange. The portions that were brought out for the four of us were less than what we normally get when there are just two of us. I hate food waste, so I’d prefer they do things this way and then add more of what you want, but we were never asked if we wanted more of anything (if this were our first time there, I wouldn’t have known I could have more). After our plates and the serving plates had been empty for some time (20+ minutes), our server came by and tried to clear them. I stopped him and asked him for more of certain dishes, which they brought small portions of. Again, in retrospect, I should have said something, but we’d been there for so long at that point we just wanted to go.

Just wanted to share that as I haven’t seen it shared anywhere else, and I would have liked to have known it may be a possibility before we went!

I do have all of our actual wait times vs. posted wait times if anyone’s interested, but like most that are posted, the trend is basically: actual wait times are generally less than posted wait times (unless you’re in line during a cleaning cycle).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter