Just back from DS arrived at 4pm and walked right into WoD, the crowds didn't look bad at all, i was looking for the gingerbread Mickey pillow for a viewer but they didn't have it, so started the stream around 4:45, walked the entire DS looking for the trees, saw the snow roller skaters and toy soldiers on stilts along with a lot of live entertainment all around, very cool to see it as close to normal as before. Then went over to WoD at around 6:45 and there was a line, that moved steadily but it was about a 10 minute line.

What time do they start the DS tree walkthrough and such? We had planned to go early afternoon and skip evening crowds, but I wan to make sure we see the festivities.

What time do they start the DS tree walkthrough and such? We had planned to go early afternoon and skip evening crowds, but I wan to make sure we see the festivities.
The tree trail is not a trail this year, they scattered the trees all around DS. You can pick up a map at some stores but i just walked and came up on them. Obviously to see them lit you have to go in the evening, not sure if it's snoaps all day either, but it was sniaping at west side and town center around 6:30

If you have kiddos there are stickers with the maps that they can add. It helps to keep it interesting for them and there is a button you can get at the end. We enjoy all the scavenger type hunts Disney offers, even the easy one like this where things aren’t really hidden.

If you have kiddos there are stickers with the maps that they can add. It helps to keep it interesting for them and there is a button you can get at the end. We enjoy all the scavenger type hunts Disney offers, even the easy one like this where things aren’t really hidden.
Where do you get the map?

My crew went to Epcot today.

Rope dropped Test Track after lot opened at 10:17 am. Actual wait was 12 minutes. After that - we did Soarin and it was basically walk on. They are not allowing for row requests but we got the top row anyway.

We went around and ate at the various countries. China was probably the highlight with a chicken dumpling and a beef bao bun. I liked the hummus fries in Morocco but my family was mixed.

After about 2 - there were basically no issues doing whatever you want with almost no wait (outside of Frozen). It was actually stunning to see how empty the park was.

Figment broke down when we were on it so we have a Fastpass tomorrow for any experience except the main headliners. We are headed to Hollywood Studios so Smugglers Run, Rise, Slinky Dog and MMRR are excluded. My kids want to do Tower of Terror so that’ll probably be the play.

Overall a super day with unreal weather. It did get a bit chilly 6 pm on. We left at 7:15 after trying a S’mores Whoopie Pie near Test Track. It wasn’t bad but also wasn’t good.

The most Central place to get the Tree Stroll Game would be center Guest Services. Otherwise the other location is at very end of DS near the old Disney Bus Stop location by the Disney Xmas Store.
It is very nice map and stickers that match the Tree theme! Fun for adults & children... thru Dec 30th! And some discounts offered for DS businesses including Earl Chicken Guy and 20% at Alex&Ani Store., for example

The most Central place to get the Tree Stroll Game would be center Guest Services. Otherwise the other location is at very end of DS near the old Disney Bus Stop location by the Disney Xmas Store.
It is very nice map and stickers that match the Tree theme! Fun for adults & children... thru Dec 30th! And some discounts offered for DS businesses including Earl Chicken Guy and 20% at Alex&Ani Store., for example

So if you want to get the map with stickers, which shows where the Christmas trees are in Disney Springs, is it free?

For those of you who have been fairly recently, what is the current situation with Splash Mountain merchandise? Do they still have the B'rer Bear, Rabbit, etc plushes?

For those of you who have been fairly recently, what is the current situation with Splash Mountain merchandise? Do they still have the B'rer Bear, Rabbit, etc plushes?
Nothing. The store when you exit the ride is half empty with generic merch you can find anywhere else in the park, and the Briar Patch store is closed.

We were told at CBR that the Skyliner to Epcot won’t even start running until 1030- it opens at 11. Is this true? Should we go get in line anyways or Uber? We want to get there for rope drop. The cast member told us to come back later.

We were told at CBR that the Skyliner to Epcot won’t even start running until 1030- it opens at 11. Is this true? Should we go get in line anyways or Uber? We want to get there for rope drop. The cast member told us to come back later.
10:30 to Epcot is correct. If you're toward the front of the pack you would get to Epcot IG at around 10:40, not bad as Epcot's parking lot has been opening around 10:30ish

Okay cool, thanks for the quick response! I think the late opening threw off my internal Disney clock. “It’s past 8AM, why am I not in line for something?!” 😂
Totally understand this, i went to epcot for rope drop ther other day and saw people getting in line for the food kiosks, and im like, why would they want that food for breakfast? Umm it's 11:30, technically lunch time.
Disney has trained us well

So is it across the board usually slower in future world in the evenings right now, even on weekends? I know that the land and Figment used to close at 7 p.m. but now show open until park close. Are they really open all evening? Has the line been longer at night for the Christmas Living with the Land? Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter