I have been watching a ton of live streams and reading a lot of comments from people that are currently there, and while I would like to see these FL cases come down (another 10,000) today, it seems like WDW is really operating smoothly between the procedures they have in place, cast members doing an amazing job, and guests being respectful of all of the safety rules. I am supposed to go in 9 days, we have been on the fence for several weeks, and today is really pushing me into “leaning towards going” category.
I have been so impressed with the precautions - we waited a little longer at haunted mansion because every so many cycles a cast member disinfects every Buggy as they go by before re loading. Social distancing and masks are being strictly enforced.

Are there storms or are they taking rides down periodically for cleaning? Just checked the app and 13 rides down.

I have been so impressed with the precautions - we waited a little longer at haunted mansion because every so many cycles a cast member disinfects every Buggy as they go by before re loading. Social distancing and masks are being strictly enforced.

Thank you so much for this information. Have you had any points during the day where you have felt unsettled at all regarding people being in too close of proximity?

Are there storms or are they taking rides down periodically for cleaning? Just checked the app and 13 rides down.
Good rule of thumb. When the rides down are outdoor rides it's 99% chance that it's because of weather.
And yes, there's a storm rn

That pic was at Nomad Lounge.

Frankly I don’t really love being inside smallish restaurants like that, but I caved because it’s so hot. The spacing is as best as it came be, which is nice. Still pushing my personal comfort zone though, if I’m honest.
LOVED Nomad Lounge when we visited in February. Was our first time there.

I don't understand how FoP can ever be five minutes -- seems like waits like that would cause everyone on the park to head other there.

How do crowds at MK feel? 7 Dwarfs at 30 minutes and Space at 15 also seem incredible.

Small crowds and the “training video” portion being eliminated have a lot to do it. The trading video exists to help slow and funnel the crowds prior to loading. But with small crowds and COVID times you just walk in and ride the ride.

LOVED Nomad Lounge when we visited in February. Was our first time there.

It’s a personal fav too, love it there. They now have a CM managing tables/seating. Before it was a somewhat unmanaged free for all which had its flaws at high traffic times.

And Tiffins has always been the definition of social distancing (since it’s never that crowded) so we like eating there too. We ate there after Nomad and it was excellent. (Note, the menu is not for everyone, so YMMV).

It’s a personal fav too, love it there. They now have a CM managing tables/seating. Before it was a somewhat unmanaged free for all which had its flaws at high traffic times.

And Tiffins has always been the definition of social distancing (since it’s never that crowded) so we like eating there too. We ate there after Nomad and it was excellent. (Note, the menu is not for everyone, so YMMV).
Ther outdoor seating is still open?

How do they social distance you in the dark chamber?

I imagine all rides with preshows like that will just let you go through like Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster, etc..
We'll find out about the dhs attractions on Monday, but so far no preshow for hm, fop

Question: When riding on a ride like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Everest, etc...if you are the only party in the ride vehicle...are you allowed to take your mask off while riding? ( I apologize in advance if this was already asked and answered.)
I saw some people doing this - taking them off once the ride vehicle started moving and then putting back on before ride ended - but I don’t think it’s “allowed”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter