Great night at Epcot but the earlier comments of it being hard to navigate are very accurate.

Entered International Gateway 5:30.

We snacked throughout. This is our third night here this week and festival lines were by far the shortest. Ride lines the same as yesterday

Listened to a band and saw Mary Poppins.

Shopped in Japan.

Spaceship Earth close to walk on.

Mission Space Orange 20 minutes.

Living with the Land walk on.

Soarin' 10 minutes.

Figment walk on.

Gran Fiesta Tour 2x walk on.

No line La Cava to wrap up the night ten minutes before it closed.

I think to the surprise of no one,it looks like Monorail/Boat/Bus Social Distancing will soon follow the "lead" of Disney Skyliner.

No changes have yet been made to the monorail or busses, but we have been told that over the coming days we can expect to see a significant increase in their capacity.

Disney World transportation systems to return to full capacity in the coming days (wdwmagic.com)
We are here now & that has to happen. Skyliner was 100 times better tonight. And they were only loading 2 separate parties together if they were parties of 2 or less. We are a party of 3 & had our own, but saw them loading 2 separate parties of 2 together which is by no means packing ppl in.

Rides are being fully loaded and partitions are being removed on monorails. Really no distancing outdoors even in lines...not much indoors either. Saw very few masks except in actual queues and inside. Rumor has it capacity will be back to normal VERY soon and restaurants are increasing capacity.

I really appreciate this group - planning for upcoming trip on 6/11 and everyone is mindful to not give spoilers for RotR.
I was listening to a Disney podcast a few months ago (not DIS related) and was put off on how they thought it was ok to go ahead and give spoilers. The ride was only open for less than a year before Covid closed things down, right? Maybe I’m off on the dates, I don’t know. We don’t go to WDW every year so maybe I’m a little sensitive.We have a lot of new rides to experience on our trip so trying to keep as much as I can a surprise - appreciate those who have been posting here!
Totally agree! We were just two weeks away from our trip last year when things shut down. And I tried so hard to stay away from spoilers for ROTR. Now I'm three weeks away and ROTR is my must do because I don't know how much longer I'll be able to avoid these spoilers!! Always appreciate when people are mindful of that.

Trip Report: Wednesday May 26th

Flight landed in MCO Tuesday night around 10:30 pm. Our flight wasn't even half full, so everyone spread out and it was exceptionally comfortable (traveling on a Tuesday helps!!!). We picked up our car with no wait and went straight to bed for an early wake-up.

We arrived at TTC right at 7am. We were the 3rd car in our row. They started letting us in around 7:11 and we chose prime parking because we wanted to be able to park close when we hopped. Took the monorail over, and breezed through the entry way. The hub was empty and we headed straight back to Splash. Cast members told us that it won't open right at 8am so we hit BTMRR, which was a 5 minute wait. Pirates was down so we rode Haunted Mansion (walk on). As soon as we got off HM we saw Pirates was open and rode that (walk on). Right as we got off Pirates we saw that Splash opened. We waited about 15 minutes...not bad considering that it was posted 45 minutes as we got off.

From there we got a dole whip and sat on the grassy area in the hub by Crystal Palace. The sun was shining and Tinker Bell came by on her gigantic treasure chest. We walked over to Space Mountain and waited about 25 minutes (posted 35). We then did People Mover and waited about 10 minutes (posted 20), and then did Little Mermaid (walk on). We hit everything we really wanted to do so we decided to grab a snack and drink from Starbucks before heading back to TTC via the ferryboat.

We arrived at Epcot around 1:45 pm and they let us through early, which as nice! Epcot felt much quieter. Spaceship Earth and LwtL were both walk-ons so we did those before heading to WS. We ate A LOT of food and it was simply amazing. While it was 90 degrees, it was a dry heat so it was easy to manage. France and Mexico had the most crowds and everywhere else was very easy to navigate.

Around 5pm we checked MDE and saw wait times at AK were super low, so we hopped again and road Dinosaur, Everest, and the Safari with no wait. We could have done FoP but it was 6:40 pm and we were tired. So we drove back to MCO, dropped off the car and had dinner at the airport. Our flight was about 1/2 full (again, yay for weekday flights!!!).

Okay...so this was our 3rd visit to the pandemic. Yes, there were more people. BUT, because we were all vaccinated, we felt much more comfortable even without the social distancing in the lines and people not wearing masks around the in public spaces of the park. We only wore our masks when in line, using transportation, or if we were stuck around a lot of humans for more than a minute. Mask compliance in line was very good with a few people here and there not complying (y'all, just follow the rules...c'mon!). The lines were not bad at all...if you rope drop. Our longest wait was Space Mountain, and almost everything else was a walk on for us. AK was completely dead in the evening, probably because people either hopped to another park or if they rope dropped they wrapped up early. It was a great trip, and we had a BLAST.

11:00: TSMM with 23 minute wait (Still one of our absolute favorites! I love that we can get on without much of a wait now.)

I'm so glad to hear this! TSMM is still one of our favorites too! Funny story but our very first trip to WDW was in Sept 2008 and TSMM had just opened that year. Our kids were only 2 and 4 then and I had them in a double stroller. We did rope drop but were still pretty far back down the street. I told DH to just leave me and the kids and work his way to the front and then RUN to TSMM to the fastpass machine to get some and then by the time me and the kids got there, we could get in standby. So we were able to ride it twice - I remember being so excited! LOL

Hmm.....I just read that another theme park is about to drop masks indoors as of Saturday. Wonder how true that is and if it is, how far Disney will be behind them? I just don't see it happening quite yet though.

We leave in 2 wks for 3 days at USO and then 7 at Disney so I'm anxious to see if there are any more changes between now and then. Or if anything new opens up all of a sudden at WDW. I'm leaning towards no. Two weeks isn't that long from now and it seems like it would be a major ordeal to open up more shows/restaurants and it would have been announced by now. My DH has secretly been hoping for Columbia Harbor House but I don't think it's happening. :confused3

Just did Rise. On Tuesday both preshows. Today they only had the first one. The kids were disappointed but I'm like dude you got to go on Rise twice this trip, no complaining. It was AMAZING again. Noticed lots of stuff I didn't the first time.

Just did Rise. On Tuesday both preshows. Today they only had the first one. The kids were disappointed but I'm like dude you got to go on Rise twice this trip, no complaining. It was AMAZING again. Noticed lots of stuff I didn't the first time.
Same here. I think the earlier in the day the more they cut to keep you going. BG 11 no ore show. BG 88 yesterday and we had it

Muppets 3D. Asking for us to squeeze in as much as possible while maintaining 3 feet of distance between parties. Honestly seems the same as 2019. Good news is you aren't waiting outside... Walk on again (minus the time to complete the previous show)

Trip Report: Wednesday May 26th

Flight landed in MCO Tuesday night around 10:30 pm. Our flight wasn't even half full, so everyone spread out and it was exceptionally comfortable (traveling on a Tuesday helps!!!). We picked up our car with no wait and went straight to bed for an early wake-up.

We arrived at TTC right at 7am. We were the 3rd car in our row. They started letting us in around 7:11 and we chose prime parking because we wanted to be able to park close when we hopped. Took the monorail over, and breezed through the entry way. The hub was empty and we headed straight back to Splash. Cast members told us that it won't open right at 8am so we hit BTMRR, which was a 5 minute wait. Pirates was down so we rode Haunted Mansion (walk on). As soon as we got off HM we saw Pirates was open and rode that (walk on). Right as we got off Pirates we saw that Splash opened. We waited about 15 minutes...not bad considering that it was posted 45 minutes as we got off.

From there we got a dole whip and sat on the grassy area in the hub by Crystal Palace. The sun was shining and Tinker Bell came by on her gigantic treasure chest. We walked over to Space Mountain and waited about 25 minutes (posted 35). We then did People Mover and waited about 10 minutes (posted 20), and then did Little Mermaid (walk on). We hit everything we really wanted to do so we decided to grab a snack and drink from Starbucks before heading back to TTC via the ferryboat.

We arrived at Epcot around 1:45 pm and they let us through early, which as nice! Epcot felt much quieter. Spaceship Earth and LwtL were both walk-ons so we did those before heading to WS. We ate A LOT of food and it was simply amazing. While it was 90 degrees, it was a dry heat so it was easy to manage. France and Mexico had the most crowds and everywhere else was very easy to navigate.

Around 5pm we checked MDE and saw wait times at AK were super low, so we hopped again and road Dinosaur, Everest, and the Safari with no wait. We could have done FoP but it was 6:40 pm and we were tired. So we drove back to MCO, dropped off the car and had dinner at the airport. Our flight was about 1/2 full (again, yay for weekday flights!!!).

Okay...so this was our 3rd visit to the pandemic. Yes, there were more people. BUT, because we were all vaccinated, we felt much more comfortable even without the social distancing in the lines and people not wearing masks around the in public spaces of the park. We only wore our masks when in line, using transportation, or if we were stuck around a lot of humans for more than a minute. Mask compliance in line was very good with a few people here and there not complying (y'all, just follow the rules...c'mon!). The lines were not bad at all...if you rope drop. Our longest wait was Space Mountain, and almost everything else was a walk on for us. AK was completely dead in the evening, probably because people either hopped to another park or if they rope dropped they wrapped up early. It was a great trip, and we had a BLAST.
Did you only fly in for this one day? Am I reading that correctly?

We are here now & that has to happen. Skyliner was 100 times better tonight. And they were only loading 2 separate parties together if they were parties of 2 or less. We are a party of 3 & had our own, but saw them loading 2 separate parties of 2 together which is by no means packing ppl in.

Hubby and I have been put in with another group twice now - one was at closing, and it was just as you described - two parties of two.

However, the other time was in the middle of the afternoon with only a short line for the Epcot line at CB, and we were put in first and a group of 4 was added to our gondola, so 6 total people.

Had a nice morning at MK with a toddler and baby. Got on the bus around 7:10 and were through the gates + stroller rental by 7:30ish. Seemed like a lot of rides weren’t running early and the line for Mine Train looked huge so we skipped that. Walked onto Peter Pan, were the first riders of the day on Teacups, walked onto Dumbo, Barnstormer, Dumbo again, and Little Mermaid. Took a little break - really love mobile order, so convenient! Hopped in line for Small World at 9:30 with a posted wait of 25 mins, which was pretty accurate. Then headed out to let the littles cool off and nap! Very few people wearing masks outside, but didn’t see anyone not following the mask rules in line. Social distancing is another story, as others have said - pretty much not happening at all in lines, although Small World was still leaving an empty row between each party, and we had assigned seats on the bus and boat to and from the park. Overall a really fun morning.

General question for folks visiting over Memorial Day Weekend and into June: are pools still practicing social distancing? Operating at reduced capacity?

It's very hot but a nice morning at HS. We walked over, got in line at 8:10. Not particularly close to the front but moved fast.

Group split between big kids and little kids.

Big kids:

Tower of Terror - got there 8:30, opened at 8:40, on and off by 8:55.

Rock and roller coaster - posted 30, on and off in 20

Little kids:

Star Tours - 5 minutes

Millennium Falcon - 10 minutes

Met up for Rise BG 7 (had to get on by 9:40). As noted above only one pre show.

Snack at ABC after.

Muppets walk on.

Had an Oga's reservation. Fantastic.

All by noon.

No wait for skyliner and got our own gondola with only two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter