Second park day today. First day, Hollywood Studios and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of mask compliance. Second day, Magic Kingdom and we were disappointed. The running theme is families “eating” in line. Saw a family bring a whole meal into the Mine Train queue and the CMs just let them pass. Extremely disappointed the CMs didn’t say anything because the family used the entire 30 minute wait to eat with their masks down around their chins. Saw this several more times throughout the day and we just started getting out of line when we saw it and would come back later. Hoping the weekdays are better going forward...

How has AK been on a weekend? I keep trying to remember to check wait times and I am failing. lol. Has anyone been to AK on a Sat or Sun?

Just curious, wanting to hear of any experiences with the parks being open of very young children wearing face masks.

We had to cancel our trip due in September due to flights being cancelled and border bans. We would love to try and plan a trip next year but not sure about the face masks.

Me and my husband are happy to wear one if we had to but our current nearly 3 year old is a different situation. I just can’t imagine getting her to wear one all day without some serious tantrums/constant nagging. In the UK we only need to wear them when in shops and kids under 10 don’t need to wear them so never tried to get her to wear one.

Would Disney kick us out if she wouldn’t keep hers on?

There have been many reports of kids handling the face masks much better than expected. Those parents that have said this have usually listed a great fit (which might require trying a few styles or adjusting to a more personalized fit if you have that skill set) and practice as vital to having a good Disney experience. Get her used to wearing it inside while she is engrossed in a favorite show, movie or activity. And adjusting how you talk about the mask in front of her probably wouldnt hurt too. Dont make it seem like a hassle or chore for you, just something youve got to put on before you leave the house like shoes or a jacket.

Please do not try to circumvent the rules for public safety just because you might be able to get away with it. Get something that fits her well (and a backup) and practice, you will be fine!

Last edited:
Went to MK today (local AP). Got there around 9:15 and was able to do 10 rides in 2 hours. We have a 2.5 year old so we were doing more kiddie stuff but still were pleased
2.5 year old does well most of the time with the mask but apparently pulls it down when getting pushed in stroller( unbeknownst to us). Cast members have reminded her several times to get it over her nose. Hard for the younger crew but doable. Definitely ready for things to go back to normal but enjoy the less crowded WDW including security and getting into the park.

Last edited:
Just curious, wanting to hear of any experiences with the parks being open of very young children wearing face masks.

We had to cancel our trip due in September due to flights being cancelled and border bans. We would love to try and plan a trip next year but not sure about the face masks.

Me and my husband are happy to wear one if we had to but our current nearly 3 year old is a different situation. I just can’t imagine getting her to wear one all day without some serious tantrums/constant nagging. In the UK we only need to wear them when in shops and kids under 10 don’t need to wear them so never tried to get her to wear one.

As to your last question, the rules apply to all, even fussy kids.

While I concede there’s a difference between a 5 year old and 3 year old, we were very worried about our 5 year old in July but it turned out to be a total non issue - she did great! She had been giving us problems at home with masks. We found the key was proper fit. DW actually figured out how to sew our own, and once we found the right fit for her face/little ears, that was a game changer. A little peer pressure from older brother and subtle reminders before the trip from us of “no mask, no Disney” also helped.

Didn’t hear a peep about them all week. Obviously YMMV.

Yes, it's called COVID.
the issue is social distancing and an extreme reduction of bus capacity. Before they would pack them full with people sitting and standing. Now only 6 groups can ride at the most.
I agree, but they knew that going in. They also know how many people are at each resort, and with park reservations, they know a lot about where they are going. With so many resorts closed, they should have the additional buses to use at the resorts that ARE open. When I was there last month there were still a lot of buses parked and idle in the far MK parking lots. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask that they put some of them to use, especially when they see there is an ongoing issue.

DS buses are always bad though. I waited for a couple hours for a bus back to Pop pre Covid (last September), with a CM there trying desperately to get us a bus. I am sure that has just gotten worse if they are still running on the same schedule and only transporting a fraction of the guests at a time. It’s disheartening. I will have a car with me later this month, but the whole reason I stay on property is so I don’t have to drive.

Question to anyone . . . Is there someplace in the app to find out if the Skyliner is down? Do I look it up on the resort page? I couldn’t find it in the app last month and with so many weather issues, and a lot of Epcot days coming up, it would be very helpful. I figure I am just missing it somehow . . .

Yesterday when we were walking into Epcot there was a family with two kids in a double stroller. The cast member greeting people asked how old the kids were (3 and 1) and the CM asked if they had a face covering for the 3 year old. I didn’t stick around to see what the result was but the CM sounded adamant (nicely) that the 3 year old had to wear one. So, I’d expect CMs to either ask their age and remind them to keep the mask on.

I am here for the week. Sunday 8/9 arrive at Fort Wilderness cabins. 4 park days Monday through Friday with a rest pool day. Leave Saturday.

Fort Wilderness - still here, still big, still full of wildlife, golf carts are always fun to drive around in (and not chase after half a dozen of my lost golf balls). First cabin was not up to snuff. Refrigerator didn't work, smelled like cat and/or dog pee and pull out couch mattress pad was full of crumbs and dirt. I complained and was given a few options and simply said I clearly need a new cabin. Within 10 minutes I was given one next door to move to. It is clean and all in working order, except the house phone which may be on purpose so I cannot complain anymore, lol.

Takeout food from PJ's is ok and reasonably priced for Disney. Bus coverage is under 10 minute waits with minimal lines at non peak times. I chose to go a half hour after peak to avoid the congestion at bus stops and don't stay in towers or campus hotels (during covid otherwise pop would be nice to save $). Mask compliance is solid for walkers and settlement and shop areas. Not so for golf cart riders maybe 50 to 75% compliance. This place is so huge and on the carts they may not really be needed but staff will ask you to wear a mask. Driving around the resort for 3 days and I have not seen more then 10 to 20 people in my entire pan view. I have NOT been to the main pool as yet!

The bad - no boats to Magic Kingdom, no Hoop De Doo, and no Trail's end Buffet. Damn covid killed a hella good buffet, but PJ's still has the chicken, ribs and taters. Overall crowd is down, some RV loops closed, cabins are mostly full and at max on Saturdays.

The construction wall behind the settlement is obnoxious at best, hopefully Disney has money to fix it soon. I miss Mickey's Backyard BBQ. No character campfire sing-a-longs but there are social distancing movie nights. I have seen many deer, rabbits, birds, salamanders, birds and an armadillo. But no mice, at the resort atleast!

Next report will be my MK report for Monday.
Is souvenir delivery to the front of the theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended?

Question to anyone . . . Is there someplace in the app to find out if the Skyliner is down? Do I look it up on the resort page? I couldn’t find it in the app last month and with so many weather issues, and a lot of Epcot days coming up, it would be very helpful. I figure I am just missing it somehow . . .

No, there’s nowhere to check on the app or online. Can pretty much only use the eye test - get somewhere you can see it. 😎

Second park day today. First day, Hollywood Studios and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of mask compliance. Second day, Magic Kingdom and we were disappointed. The running theme is families “eating” in line. Saw a family bring a whole meal into the Mine Train queue and the CMs just let them pass. Extremely disappointed the CMs didn’t say anything because the family used the entire 30 minute wait to eat with their masks down around their chins. Saw this several more times throughout the day and we just started getting out of line when we saw it and would come back later. Hoping the weekdays are better going forward...
that’s unfortunate...☹️☹️

They left us messages in our room, but I was chatting with the CM in the app to check or calling the front desk.

Is souvenir delivery to the front of the theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended?
All suspended. Carry your own stuff. It's a bummer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter