I completely understand this. Our girls are only 4 years old, so I don't think we can rely on them to be mask-compliant for a full theme park day, but if they were older, we would consider going now, to experience these park conditions, especially if we could quarantine for 2 weeks afterward. I don't think Disney fans should feel guilty about appreciating low crowds. Obviously no one would choose a pandemic for the circumstance, but it's okay to still feel awed by near-empty parks.

I'll be following this thread and future threads to see if crowds steadily increase over time. We never pulled the trigger on our 2021 reservation out of fear, and I'm debating now about whether it's worth it, just to have a reservation in hand. Thanks, everyone, for reporting your experiences!
I was worried about my 4yo wearing her mask all day but honestly she didn’t ask to take it off once. I really think it may be easier for the kids to tolerate than adults!

Attachments

• 060EB611-E674-4B47-8655-72594410F446.jpeg
    060EB611-E674-4B47-8655-72594410F446.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 123
So the bird show at Animal Kingdom is running? Watching it on a live stream now. Maybe without the whole "Up," Part? I thought this was supposed to stay closed, so excited to see you can still see the birds. Has anyone noticed anything else that was supposed to stay closed but is indeed open in some form?

509128on the carousel- every other line of horses is skipped with just one family per every other line of horses.

We are leaving today - returning July 18. We stayed at Bay Lake and honestly the only times I felt unsafe were at the airport! After being at WDW with vigilant social distancing, masking and cleaning, the airport did not seem safe. This has made us to decide to drive next time.

I really cannot say enough positive things about the steps Disney has taken to protect everyone.

walking into the magic kingdom Saturday morning and seeing all of the cast members - from senior managers to store clerks and custodians standing on the sidewalk waving and cheering as guests walked down Main Street, was truly magical.

yes some things were closed, and it was definitely a different experience. If anyone has any specific questions I will do my best to answer from our experience!

No heavy feeling, more of an aware feeling. The crowds are so low that you can have fun but still the constant safety spiel every 15 minutes brings you back and you're aware. The cm are making the magic with their attitudes and positivity
Awesome-we always have said the WDW Cast Members are as important and as much fun as the attractions!

Can't wait for the return of the International and College Program Cast Members!

Awesome-we always have said the WDW Cast Members are as important and as much fun as the attractions!

Can't wait for the return of the International and College Program Cast Members!

I assume that's a year away, at the very least.

I assume that's a year away, at the very least.
More than likely.

World Showcase will really feel the loss,although I know the CMs assigned to WS will do a FANTASTIC job Wednesday operating the Showcase for the first time in WDW history without International Cast Members!

What do you think the costumes will be for the WS CMs Wednesday?

Will they wear the Country specific ones like the ICMs wear?

Looking forward to reading about people’s experiences. Have a great trip stay safe

World Showcase will really feel the loss,although I know the CMs assigned to WS will do a FANTASTIC job Wednesday operating the Showcase for the first time in WDW history without International Cast Members!
We have met more than one international cast member who came on the ICM program and then stayed or came back to work there permanently. The most recent one I can think of was a server at Monsieur Paul’s restaurant. He was from France and was married to a very close friend of Cinderella!

So it’s entirely possible that there will be international cast members staffing World Showcase, even if not as many as before.

We have met more than one international cast member who came on the ICM program and then stayed or came back to work there permanently. The most recent one I can think of was a server at Monsieur Paul’s restaurant. He was from France and was married to a very close friend of Cinderella!

So it’s entirely possible that there will be international cast members staffing World Showcase, even if not as many as before.
Probably from the operating participants

View attachment 509128on the carousel- every other line of horses is skipped with just one family per every other line of horses.

We are leaving today - returning July 18. We stayed at Bay Lake and honestly the only times I felt unsafe were at the airport! After being at WDW with vigilant social distancing, masking and cleaning, the airport did not seem safe. This has made us to decide to drive next time.

I really cannot say enough positive things about the steps Disney has taken to protect everyone.

walking into the magic kingdom Saturday morning and seeing all of the cast members - from senior managers to store clerks and custodians standing on the sidewalk waving and cheering as guests walked down Main Street, was truly magical.

yes some things were closed, and it was definitely a different experience. If anyone has any specific questions I will do my best to answer from our experience!

May I ask what size masks your daughters are wearing? I've heard they run small and I'd like to purchase some when we're there but don't want to buy the wrong size. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter