Sounds like everything in the parks is pretty nice... How has the airport been? That's my big concern with MCO where you have to get on the tram with everyone and then there are bottle neck points here and there.
Wondering this too - this is my biggest fear. We have direct flights on Southwest, which isn't selling middle seats at least in August when we're scheduled, but I'm concerned about MCO. Especially sitting there on the way home.

Sounds like everything in the parks is pretty nice... How has the airport been? That's my big concern with MCO where you have to get on the tram with everyone and then there are bottle neck points here and there.

This isn't referencing MCO but I did have to fly recently (through Atlanta, Detroit, and Boston). In general, the security lines at all airports were low and got through quickly. We have N95s so we wore those the whole time, although research right now is showing that as long as everyone is wearing a mask then a surgical mask or similar is protective. The majority of people are wearing masks (the worst was Atlanta where we had tried to give ourselves a break with surgical masks but switched back to N95s because so many people just weren't wearing them). Atlanta was also the busiest. Boarding is actually a lot more pleasant as they did it from the back of the plane to the front so there wasn't a mad dash to all stand around for your boarding group.

Again, not MCO but I imagine as it's such a big hub experiences would be similar. We didn't really encounter any huge bottleneck points at any of the airports but that's not to say they weren't busy. I think as long as you're wearing a mask, keeping distance as much as possible, and hand sanitizing you're OK. At least, it's the best and most you can do given the circumstances.

Fantastic first day at MK! While a bit of the "magic" is lost due to small attendance and lots of stores not being open, you could never ride more. A brief summary:
  • Longest line was 25 min at Splash Mountain
  • Two rides had 10 minute waits and the rest were virtually walk on
  • We rode/attended everything in the park by 5pm doing a couple of them twice.
  • Everyone was wearing masks and cast members immediately & politely asked those who might not have them on quite right to fix them.
  • Hand sanitizer stations EVERYWHERE!
  • Disney photographers still require you to wear masks during the pictures and if remove them during a ride photo like Splash Mountain they wont allow you to view/get the photo.
  • Splash Mountain merchandise is g-o-n-e
  • Most stores did not have pin trading boards yet
  • Resorts are very quiet. Staying at the Riviera and no problems social distancing even in the pools

Thank you for reporting about the Splash Merchandise, I wonder if they are going to restock? We just wanted :something: for our memories *sigh* I should have sprung for the stuff when I had the chance I guess lol

What does World Showcase "feel" like without the ICMs and with so little open(I understand China only has the Movie and the Kiosks on the Promenade open)?

Are the CMs wearing the Country specific costumes?

Thanks.

See, this I have no problem with. Pop your mask down for a quick moment to take a drink or two, and then pull it right back up. If everybody did this, particularly in queues, I would have had no complaints
What about bringing a straw to slip under your mask? Or use a mask that has a straw hole with a cover flap?

What does World Showcase "feel" like without the ICMs and with so little open(I understand China only has the Movie and the Kiosks on the Promenade open)?

Thanks.
Should have better updates after Epcot opens tomorrow for the General Public.

Dave

This isn't referencing MCO but I did have to fly recently (through Atlanta, Detroit, and Boston). In general, the security lines at all airports were low and got through quickly. We have N95s so we wore those the whole time, although research right now is showing that as long as everyone is wearing a mask then a surgical mask or similar is protective. The majority of people are wearing masks (the worst was Atlanta where we had tried to give ourselves a break with surgical masks but switched back to N95s because so many people just weren't wearing them). Atlanta was also the busiest. Boarding is actually a lot more pleasant as they did it from the back of the plane to the front so there wasn't a mad dash to all stand around for your boarding group.

Again, not MCO but I imagine as it's such a big hub experiences would be similar. We didn't really encounter any huge bottleneck points at any of the airports but that's not to say they weren't busy. I think as long as you're wearing a mask, keeping distance as much as possible, and hand sanitizing you're OK. At least, it's the best and most you can do given the circumstances.

This is great information.

We had to fly back from MCO on 3/14/2020 (originally planned for 3/15 but we cut our trip short once the announcement of closure was made) and that MCO experience might have been the most stressful (we found the whole trip stressful actually, but obviously there was not any changes to guest safety at that time). The SW bag check area was a zoo (MANY many HS/college teams were in the area with Spring events and all got canceled so they were traveling home and they had large and numerous gear bags) and you just couldn't distance. At that time hardly ANYONE (ourselves included) were wearing masks. After we got thru security we actually found a bench in the "atrium-like" area and sat on one with our hands in our laps until it was time to go to our gate and board. We had a family of "coughers" behind and across the aisle from us on the flight and we actually did put on our N95 masks shortly after take off. Since we had a direct flight, we wore them the whole time and removed them after getting off our flight.

I don't have plans to fly anytime soon, but I would definitely choose a N95 for any situation where I know I'm going to be very close to other people. I wore one for a mammogram I had last week since no one (other than my spouse) has been that close to me since -- well probably that MCO experience lol.

Should have better updates after Epcot opens tomorrow for the General Public.

Dave
Have you seen any reports from the CM Preview?

I am really interested if the CMs are wearing the Country specific Costumes-trying to "picture" American CMs wearing the Country specifics,ESPECIALLY Japan!lol

Could be really fun for the CMs to wear them-something unique for them to do and a really special experience.

Thanks.

Last edited:
What kind of snakes? Were they cute?

In all seriousness I'm not surprised the wildlife is more present/visible--I'd expect snakes and the like to go back into hiding as the parks see more use again. Not sure I'd expect the ducks to chill out, though; they're too used to getting food from people.
They were cute, I actually love snakes haha! The ones I saw looked black, and fairly small (though long).

Thanks.
Found this picture-looks like CMs are wearing the "basic" "World Showcase Festivals Costume"(at least in Norway). :)

Looks really strange!!!!

Maybe by this time next year the "World" will be back at World Showcase!

The day that the ICMs return to the Showcase is going to be EPIC!

I will be there whenever it is-that day is going to be a PARTY!!!! :)

Wondering this too - this is my biggest fear. We have direct flights on Southwest, which isn't selling middle seats at least in August when we're scheduled, but I'm concerned about MCO. Especially sitting there on the way home.
MCO was a problem for us. Lots of people wearing masks under their noses, lots of coughing, lots of sitting down right beside you, etc. this was Saturday. We will be driving for a while.

I mean, the trains were busy. Not packed like normal, but they weren't enforcing any sort of social distancing on them. I flew back on Saturday midday. One thing I noticed was that I didn't see hand sanitizer in MCO, and the stations in ATL were empty. So good on Disney for keeping those things full! The airports were relatively empty, but there were bottlenecks on the trains & escalators. I've said it before - it's easy to distance yourself from the person in front of you, but when the person behind you is right next to you you don't really have anywhere to go, and that sucks.

Thanks for the update!! Are both pools open at WL. (Both quiet and main pools) How crowded are the pools?

Yes, both are open and aren't overly crowded. The three times we've been at the pools there was no one assigning chairs, there were plenty open. Quiet pool is open 24 hours.

Attachments

• DCACE114-C520-45C2-8F18-15F7973974F2.jpeg
    DCACE114-C520-45C2-8F18-15F7973974F2.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 81
  • B557A64A-8B83-4C69-8F12-B4FCF6A5A924.jpeg
    B557A64A-8B83-4C69-8F12-B4FCF6A5A924.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 84
  • E456015E-95A8-4D5D-BE4E-7D66887B60F9.jpeg
    E456015E-95A8-4D5D-BE4E-7D66887B60F9.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 955AA249-E18C-4662-A132-3E374B50A571.jpeg
    955AA249-E18C-4662-A132-3E374B50A571.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 76
  • BD1C38CD-1C2C-46DC-8D2B-3C3BE8205BE0.jpeg
    BD1C38CD-1C2C-46DC-8D2B-3C3BE8205BE0.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 9AAFEBBA-15D6-45F3-BF6D-7ACBDF49FE3A.jpeg
    9AAFEBBA-15D6-45F3-BF6D-7ACBDF49FE3A.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 3F64324E-B73F-46F5-8E3A-D4B164691F6F.jpeg
    3F64324E-B73F-46F5-8E3A-D4B164691F6F.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 8A0485C6-804C-418C-9E47-646530C176E5.jpeg
    8A0485C6-804C-418C-9E47-646530C176E5.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 74

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter