not sure why that's sad. Most vloggers just want to put the info out there. Some will look for fame and fortune which is the wrong reason for doing it. Also there are hundreds all in different levels of notoriety
I think this is why it’s frustrating to me. We’ve encountered plenty who act like they’re important, and that what they have to say and film is imperative. When I’m reality you can get the info from around the internet and YouTube already. The average family filming for themselves is not the issue. But to do it in the hopes of fame...we’ll, sorry that’s probably not going to happen.

I saw a few post with people wanting to know what to do with mask when they are able to take them off. Our local school system is recommending kids bring a lanyard to hook it on while eating lunch. That way they are keeping them off tables, clean, and hopefully the kids won’t lose them.

I saw a few post with people wanting to know what to do with mask when they are able to take them off. Our local school system is recommending kids bring a lanyard to hook it on while eating lunch. That way they are keeping them off tables, clean, and hopefully the kids won’t lose them.
Hmmm, may have finally found a way to use the purse hooks I bought, meant to hang purses on edge of table so they don't sit on the floor.

not sure why that's sad. Most vloggers just want to put the info out there. Some will look for fame and fortune which is the wrong reason for doing it. Also there are hundreds all in different levels of notoriety
It was sad for me. I hoped I would see some of the ones I follow, since I was in Epcot on reopening day, but I did not recognize anyone.

I am sorry you have to walk around Disney all day long and worry about mask compliance.

This whole thread is becoming the righteous police. We know not everyone is going to adhere. Coming to a message board to bash and judge people who will never see is in itself a trival task. All you can do is try your best to stay safe and ENJOY THAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN DISNEY.
I'm really glad that people who are seeing noncompliance are being honest about their experiences instead of sugarcoating things. Knowing that even a small number of people are flaunting the rules without consequences is valuable information to me as I decide whether or not to retain my reservations for September, and I imagine the information is useful to others as well. So far it sounds to me like compliance is high enough at WDW to satisfy my personal criteria at least in the parks themselves, but I will very much want to know if that ends up not being true. Please do not discourage people from posting honest reports of their time in the parks in a thread devoted to those reports.

I would have found the nearest CM and reported them. That's appallingly dangerous behavior. Any of them could have had COVID.

Surely you reported this to a CM so they could get it sanitized.

I tried to report it to the nearest CM. The only one around was the CM manning the line for the market. I couldn’t get right to him, because there was a line. I tried to get his attention multiple times, but every time we made eye contact he looked away. I think he was just really busy and pre-occupied. All day long we saw multiple CM, but at the moment, he was the only one even remotely nearby. It was like shift change or something. I even looked for a custodian and couldn’t find anyone. It was very frustrating.

I heard that Disney was adding 18% gratuity to all parties, has that been your experience?

I haven’t seen that, and we have done multiple TS. There are only 3 of us though.

I do have to say that out of 7 days so far, my 2 bad experiences are pretty small. As long as you won’t be constantly freaking out, it generally feels pretty safe and comfortable. The majority of people are following the rules. You do need to be assertive and observant, but I haven’t felt as anxious as I thought I would. We hadn’t really left the house much since March, before our trip. The CMs are pretty much amazing! Crowds, now that all of the parks have been open are pretty light. Some tight areas will build up a little crowd, like Fantasyland between Peter Pan and Small World, mostly due to Pan’s line.

I'm really glad that people who are seeing noncompliance are being honest about their experiences instead of sugarcoating things. Knowing that even a small number of people are flaunting the rules without consequences is valuable information to me as I decide whether or not to retain my reservations for September, and I imagine the information is useful to others as well. So far it sounds to me like compliance is high enough at WDW to satisfy my personal criteria at least in the parks themselves, but I will very much want to know if that ends up not being true. Please do not discourage people from posting honest reports of their time in the parks in a thread devoted to those reports.

You are talking about information, which early on was helpful and being discussed, not so much now. Mask compliance has gone from informational to condemning, name calling, and self-proclaimed righteousness. It is no longer a informational point but long anecdotal situations of bashing other people. Some people posting here seem to be more occupied with mask compliance than actually enjoying Disney.

You are talking about information, which early on was helpful and being discussed, not so much now. Mask compliance has gone from informational to condemning, name calling, and self-proclaimed righteousness. It is no longer a informational point but long anecdotal situations of bashing other people. Some people posting here seem to be more occupied with mask compliance than actually enjoying Disney.
You and I clearly have very different priorities and values, and this is not going to be a productive conversation. I would just like other posters to this thread to know that I appreciate the updates on when and where people are seeing noncompliance and what is or isn't being done about it, and I'm going to bow out of replying here unless I have a question to ask of those who have been back on property since reopening.

We are back this week after being here last weekend. Last weekend I posted here that masks were being enforced 99% of time and crowds were non existent. I have to say that a week has made a huge difference. Mask enforcement seems to be way down. Lots of noses. And, DHS today was pretty packed. We’re still having a great time, but can tell a difference.

We are back this week after being here last weekend. Last weekend I posted here that masks were being enforced 99% of time and crowds were non existent. I have to say that a week has made a huge difference. Mask enforcement seems to be way down. Lots of noses. And, DHS today was pretty packed. We’re still having a great time, but can tell a difference.

Disappointing. What are the CMs doing?

Disappointing. What are the CMs doing?
Well last weekend CMs and managers were walking around to make sure everyone was complying with the masks. I just haven’t seen that so far this week. Last weekend it seemed like every manager Disney has was in the parks making sure everything was going smoothly. Not the same presence that I’ve seen now.

Can you still use gift card or magic band for payment options with all the mobile ordering? When I have mobile ordered in the past, you had to use a credit/debit card. Didn’t know since they are requiring the mobile ordering if they expanded ways to pay. Thanks!

I went to Epcot today. I was very nervous about it, and my husband and I agreed if we were uncomfortable we’d leave. We did see people not complying with masks, but it was so empty that it was very easy to avoid those people. We stayed outside mostly (I went to the bathroom once and my husband got drinks form a gift shop). We agreed we’d go back to Epcot again without any qualms. I’m attaching some pictures I took of “crowds.” (Sorry for it being flipped in some photos, I don’t know how to rotate them.)

Attachments

• B48839C3-D725-4147-A2AE-8DEF63AD2930.jpeg
    B48839C3-D725-4147-A2AE-8DEF63AD2930.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 46C6CC70-1AE8-4875-8177-F3AC9790684D.jpeg
    46C6CC70-1AE8-4875-8177-F3AC9790684D.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 17529CBA-8043-4254-ABCE-278A1CF3CCF0.jpeg
    17529CBA-8043-4254-ABCE-278A1CF3CCF0.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 5E30A922-B522-4315-A300-F6D6ABB8283A.jpeg
    5E30A922-B522-4315-A300-F6D6ABB8283A.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 107
  • 16B70AC0-0486-4C89-B147-E7CD37DB2F9B.jpeg
    16B70AC0-0486-4C89-B147-E7CD37DB2F9B.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 94EED0D4-2807-480F-B59F-2BA8659B0340.jpeg
    94EED0D4-2807-480F-B59F-2BA8659B0340.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 103
  • D2CF91DE-57CC-464A-9C7E-BCC41BCD4A47.jpeg
    D2CF91DE-57CC-464A-9C7E-BCC41BCD4A47.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 101
  • F8E23B2C-98F9-4974-9C8E-C73F1554A559.jpeg
    F8E23B2C-98F9-4974-9C8E-C73F1554A559.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 99
  • E021F0F8-AF9D-4C64-8A8D-9D33088006A1.jpeg
    E021F0F8-AF9D-4C64-8A8D-9D33088006A1.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 91
  • FE31E4AA-4B64-4A7F-9F7F-416EFD594DA9.jpeg
    FE31E4AA-4B64-4A7F-9F7F-416EFD594DA9.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 85

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter