most of these are answered by peoples experiences here so please read back on this thread. Here are my experiences, have gone to the parks 6 times since reopening
1) They are holding people before the toll booth, after they let you park, the park is open. MK opens parking around 8:20, AK around 7:20, DHS around 9-9:15 and Epcot around 10:15
2) Once they let you through the entrance the entire park is open, and you just go to whatever attraction and wait there for it to open
3) since it's a staggered opening for parks the buses will run an hour before park official opening
4) 9am
5) there are direct buses from the parks to DS
6) didn't experience this
7) you can get in line up to a minute before park closing

Hi Yulilin, do you know why every time I try to post a new post it just ends up going into someone else's post that I may or may not been in awhile back?

Hi Yulilin, do you know why every time I try to post a new post it just ends up going into someone else's post that I may or may not been in awhile back?
We're trying to keep similar topics in the same threads, you'll get better answers here where people have been reporting back on their experiences instead of opening another thread

ROTR updates: The Skyliner took 50 minutes (9:15 to 10:08) for us to get from Pop to DHS, so we had to do a 1pm boarding group. We’re group 50. It said 130 minutes at 1pm, 105 minutes now. I just hope we get to ride before the park closes, and I don’t know how they’re going to release more at 4pm. Have people successfully been riding with a 4pm BG?
We got a 4:00 pm BG, but we were group 54 and boarded at 7:00 pm. We were there second day they opened.

Update: Rise broken again/still (we are BG 50). Sister went to Slinky, it broke, she’s was just evacuated. After checking with Oga’s multiple times throughout the day, we finally got on the walk-up list! I skipped SDD so once she gets here I’ll be in the wonderful air conditioning. 🥰

most of these are answered by peoples experiences here so please read back on this thread. Here are my experiences, have gone to the parks 6 times since reopening
1) They are holding people before the toll booth, after they let you park, the park is open. MK opens parking around 8:20, AK around 7:20, DHS around 9-9:15 and Epcot around 10:15
2) Once they let you through the entrance the entire park is open, and you just go to whatever attraction and wait there for it to open
3) since it's a staggered opening for parks the buses will run an hour before park official opening
4) 9am
5) there are direct buses from the parks to DS
6) didn't experience this
7) you can get in line up to a minute before park closing

Thanks for this. It sounds like if you're taking a bus to the parks in am, since running beg. an hour before, you will likely get there after they already started to let guests in. You would then wait in a line at Runaway train, for instance, until 10 am.

Do you think there would be a MK bus around 7am, since AK opens at 8 or would it be closer to 8am?

Thanks for this. It sounds like if you're taking a bus to the parks in am, since running beg. an hour before, you will likely get there after they already started to let guests in. You would then wait in a line at Runaway train, for instance, until 10 am.

Do you think there would be a MK bus around 7am, since AK opens at 8 or would it be closer to 8am?
Buses are running only about an hour before each park opens. So for mk they wiil start running around 8

Just left DHS after 5 days back “home”. We went to DHS 2 days and AK, MK, and Epcot one day each. Here are some quick observations. (Excuse any typos. I’m traveling and on a touchy iPad)

1). We often had to wait for “ride cleaning”. MMRR, Test Track, and Haunted Mansion took the longest at around 20 minutes. I don’t know how often they did it but the lines stopped for it. That can also account for brief peaks in wait times. Be prepared, be patient, and appreciate the extra work they are doing to protect us.

2). We saw the mask rule being courteously enforced across the board. Sanitizer was EVERYWHERE. I especially appreciated them at the ride exits so we could used them after getting off, touching bars and seat belts that someone else just touched.

3). Most people were social distancing in lines but rarely in the main traffic areas.

4). Busses will take only 1 ECV or wheelchair unless there are 2 from the same family. (We did have a driver at Kindani take a second one and then let the extra passengers get on in a way that they had to pass in front of seated guests but every other bus did the correct procedure)

5). Not many quick or table service places were open so we had to be strategic. (We hadiabetics in our group so it was important)

6). I was amazed at how well we all adapted to the masks! It was not the same as not wearing one and we never forgot we had them on but it was not a deal-breaker.

7). Take a cell phone charger with you! Menus and EVERYTHING are on your phones!

8) it is very, very hard to hear CMs. Ride instructions, servers, security, etc... were all muffled and you can’t see their lips move. I never realized how much I depend on visually seeing verbal cues. When you add the background music or an unfamiliar accent, it can be tricky.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Totally agree about not hearing CMs, especially security. They really need to project well and look forward, maybe even slightly up, when talking.

Got pinged by the DHS metal detectors all 3 days:sad2: Every time they were angry and insistent that I must have something on me. I had to dump the contents of my bag into a bin, then security rifled through them with the same gloves they used on the previous person. I was also wanded each time. Except for my sunglass case at MK, I didn’t have problems at any other park. Really annoying. I never have problems with the bag scanners at Universal.

8) it is very, very hard to hear CMs. Ride instructions, servers, security, etc... were all muffled and you can’t see their lips move. I never realized how much I depend on visually seeing verbal cues. When you add the background music or an unfamiliar accent, it can be tricky.
I totally agree on this point! We had the exact same experience this weekend. Especially when you're in louder areas of the park or somewhere with music playing, I found it really hard to hear CMs. It was especially difficult whenever they were wearing face shields in addition to masks. It's a small price to pay for a safer park experience, but I kept hoping I would get better at understanding without the visual cues, and I really didn't. Maybe next time...

DHS update: My sister is cuter than me. We were literally the last group on Rise. Also, people are not wrong. It is really hard to hear people with their mask and face shield. God bless them.

Just curious, what was your boarding group?

Updates:

Rise - we were able to get boarding group 10 right at 10am. We were called around 11:30. It broke down while were inside - waiting for an hour at star trooper scene. Was out right around 1.

we’ve now been to all 4 parks and DHS really seems crowded compared to the rest.

pool at BLT last night was crowded, it could’ve been summer night 2019.

lots of mask compliance CMs out at Epcot last night.

Anyone staying at/stayed at Boardwalk or Beach Club who can comment on the walkways to DHS? Are they blocking off the walkways in the mornings/have security stationed in the area, or are you free to make your way over there as early as you would like (i.e. before cars are let into parking lots)? Thanks!

I don't understand why Rise breaks down all the time. It seems like it is down more than it actually runs. Why did they open it in the first place when they knew something isn't right with it? It just seems crazy to me, all it does is stress everyone out. LOL

2). Sanitizer was EVERYWHERE. I especially appreciated them at the ride exits so we could used them after getting off, touching bars and seat belts that someone else just touched.

I suppose it's silly to consider that they wouldn't do this but this was confusing to us when we visited in March (just 2 days before it closed) that was not at all the case. I think the closest to "ride exit" was a table between ToT and RnRC with pump bottles. This access alone would make me feel so much better.

I don't understand why Rise breaks down all the time. It seems like it is down more than it actually runs. Why did they open it in the first place when they knew something isn't right with it? It just seems crazy to me, all it does is stress everyone out. LOL

It's really strange that with months of no guests and the ability to work on the ride endlessly that it's still this unreliable.

I suppose it's silly to consider that they wouldn't do this but this was confusing to us when we visited in March (just 2 days before it closed) that was not at all the case. I think the closest to "ride exit" was a table between ToT and RnRC with pump bottles. This access alone would make me feel so much better.

It's really strange that with months of no guests and the ability to work on the ride endlessly that it's still this unreliable.

They couldn't work on the ride during shutdown

Sitting at the airport after 5 days at VGF. The mask compliance and safety precautions were very reassuring while were here. We didn’t do AK so I can’t speak on that, but MK and HS has 99% mask compliance/social distance enforcement. I felt very comfortable there. Epcot has lower mask compliance but that is a function of F&W both on people walking and eating/drinking and some having a few too many. We went to Disney Springs to go to World of Disney and mask compliance was wayyy lower and social distancing was non-existent. The extreme comfort I felt in the parks was gone and we got out of there pretty quickly. YMMV but that was our first hand experience

I've been reading lots of posts and watching live streams, but haven't encountered Mission Space yet. Anyone know what the safety procedures for Mission Space are, or other rides that have head rest/shoulder restraints? Mission Space really stuck out to me on the list of open attractions because of the tiny space, shoulder restraints, and allll the things to touch for the interactive parts. We don't do the orange side, but my kids really like the green side. I'm looking ahead and wondering if we should skip it this time around.

No need to touch the buttons. They all go to autopilot after a few seconds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter