Has anyone else that just returned from a Disney trip developed a "mask rash?" We were there for 5 days and when we got home I had a rough rash on my chin, around my mouth, and my nose. Mostly just dry peeling skin, but kind of crusty on one side of my mouth. I just kept night-time moisturizer on it and it has cleared up now after 5 days. I imagine if my trip had been longer it would have gotten worse. Does anyone have any tips for avoiding this or treating it more effectively for next time?

If anyone was in front of the castle around 10:00 this morning, my niece got engaged! Shout out to Alex and her new fiance, Andrew!! :earsgirl: 🥂:earsboy:
Congrats!

My daughter got engaged a by the castle in Nov 2018, and married in Nov 2019.

I mention that only because the amount of pixie dust they got afterwards was amazing. My at the time 13 year old son was annoyed because he just wanted to do rides, and not wait around for them to call everyone across four states with the news.

As we went around telling our story that evening, we were:
1) Sent thru the fast pass (remember them) line on a few attractions
2) One cast member met us at the end of a rid with His and Her pins and some other trinkets
3) Another cast member gave them a certificate to get Bride and Groom Mickey Ears.

Sometimes with all the craziness in the world, we forget about those little things. In the end that did not cost Disney all that much money, but it sure made them feel special.

GaDisneydad...my question is specifically about the fridges in the DVC rooms (and I'm wondering if they are the same as the regular rooms)...did you feel that the temp of it kept your food cool/fresh? I questioned the temp of mine in a regular room one stay and felt like it didn't cool properly.
I'll probably be booking a DVC room in the near future just to utilize the kitchenette during this time so this will be important to me.

GaDisneydad...my question is specifically about the fridges in the DVC rooms (and I'm wondering if they are the same as the regular rooms)...did you feel that the temp of it kept your food cool/fresh? I questioned the temp of mine in a regular room one stay and felt like it didn't cool properly.
I'll probably be booking a DVC room in the near future just to utilize the kitchenette during this time so this will be important to me.
I’m not @GADisneyDad14 but we brought groceries and felt that the mini fridge in the Polynesian Studio and the regular size refrigerator in our Riviera 1 bedroom were both cold enough. We had dairy, meat, and produce and it was all fine. It even cooled our beverages down from room temperature to what I’d expect at home.

I know what you are talking about though - some of what appear to be mini fridges in the standard rooms are actually called “beverage coolers” or something like that and don’t actually seem very cold.

It also helps if you can fill your fridge with already cool items - bell services had cold storage before COVID and I would think they do now too.

They are deleting ride photos if you pull your mask down FYI! And you get completely bottle necked and there is no social distance on rides when trying to look at/for your photos. Very uncomfortable situation!
i truly think in a lot of ways they have become more lax since opening and the bloggers haven’t been here as much!

Awesome write up @GADisneyDad14! Looking forward to trying the parks (we hope) next month.

For any others afraid of GaDad’s Love’s episode, and traveling on I-75 to Florida, we drive 90% of the time and I recommend exit 18 in Valdosta, GA. There’s Starbucks, nearly every fast food chain, and a (recently rebranded) Circle K with astonishingly clean restrooms and competitive gas prices. Of course if you can pack a cooler and an astronaut diaper that’s even better 😂
I live in Missouri and have driven down several times over the years. I love that exit :) Several years back I stopped a few exits north of there to fill up. I asked the clerk if they knew of a Starbucks nearby. In a southern drawl she yelled across the store to her coworker. "Hey Judy! He wants to know where a Starbucks is! HaHaHa!" Apparently they thought that was a funny question and they had no idea where to find a Starbucks. I thought it was kind of funny that there was a Starbucks just a few miles down the interstate. I guess they thought I was a yankee :D

What @pepperandchips said. :thumbsup2

Has anyone else that just returned from a Disney trip developed a "mask rash?" We were there for 5 days and when we got home I had a rough rash on my chin, around my mouth, and my nose. Mostly just dry peeling skin, but kind of crusty on one side of my mouth. I just kept night-time moisturizer on it and it has cleared up now after 5 days. I imagine if my trip had been longer it would have gotten worse. Does anyone have any tips for avoiding this or treating it more effectively for next time?

You might need to wash it. I usually can’t wear clothes without them being washed, because I break out in a rash. I actually found the opposite problem with my mask. I had to quit putting lotion on my laugh lines, because they were already moist/sweaty.

Regular rooms have a different fridge. At BWV, the studio has a good cold small fridge with a freezer. The 1+ bedrooms have a real fridge. We had food leftovers in the studio fridge without issues. I wouldn’t do that in a regular room fridge,

Updates...

AK today was so empty that the CM’s were letting people getting off Avatar just loop right back to the FP line and ride again.

DHS is only park this week that to us seemed a bit crowded, at least compared to the other 3 parks being empty.

Bay Lake Tower on the other hand seems full. Lots of people in the pool and walking around.

Mask compliance today at AK was very good. There were lots of CMs just hanging around and saying hi.

Wow. I thought it would be set up for that since they have your credit card info.
Well if you're using the same credit card that you have linked on your mde as the one for the room charges then it would charge the same card

I rub vaseline on my baby's neck/face every night to prevent him from getting drool rash. I bet that or something similar would work for mask rash, too.
Try this...Medzone face balm...amazon.com

Well if you're using the same credit card that you have linked on your mde as the one for the room charges then it would charge the same card

I think that's what I meant. Ok then I don't need to worry about carrying a credit card.

I am staying at Poly from July 29-8/5. I would love to hop to WL and have a beverage/snacks at the Geyser place. Any recommendations on how to get there from Poly?
Will water taxi service be going to MK?
How late do the buses run?

[Q
The cast members were great. Feels like the Disney service from the 90’s when I was a kid going to Disney World. This is probably because they are all full time cast members. I hope Disney starts to shift back to a model of more more full time cast members vs temps and college students. We often hear Pete on the podcast mention this and I never gave it much thought. However the level of service this week was noticeably better.

I must respectfully disagree that the CP and ICPs don't deliver the Magic!

We have had so many of them bend over backwards over the years in trying to provide amazing service to us.

Could not disagree more that the CPs and ICPs aren't doing their best to be amazing CMs.

JMHO

Are people wearing masks on the pool decks? I remember reading that pool CM’s were telling people they didn’t have to once in pool area...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter