Not sure I would get into a monorail car with 2 mask less people and not pitch a fit

We had the same situation on the monorail. Only one of our non-masking wearing riders was coughing without her mask on. I did pitch a fit and she put her mask on for the remainder of the ride. However, her companion‘s remained off. It was the single most selfish thing I witnessed during our seven day trip and I wasn’t shy of telling them that. I also had an issue on FOP. The couple in the room with us wore their masks under their nose for the whole ride. I asked them to put them over their nose and they refused. While we found most people were following the rules, no matter how good of a job Disney does you are still at the mercy of other people. My advice is to take the ferry boat to MK if you can and ask to be seated without other guests in the room at FOP. We did that the second time we rode and Disney was able to accommodate the request.

Yes, I had to manually add my wife to the party after clicking Join.
Which is ridiculous. They already know who is in my party. They already know which of those party members have swiped their tickets into the park. But you still have to waste precious seconds selecting your party to get into a BG?

Same issue with MDE and DVC website when making reservations - The DVC account is in my wife's name but I"m on the deed too. Why the :mad: do i have to re-enter my information each time we make a DVC reservation? Why not assume that the same people already present will be attending FP and dining reservations?

Sorry. rant over.

Question for those who have been or are there now. Are the buses taking a long time? We will be there in a few weeks and I’m trying to decide if we should rent a car. I prefer the Disney transportation, but if due to social distancing they are taking much longer, I’ll rent my own vehicle.

Question for those who have been or are there now. Are the buses taking a long time? We will be there in a few weeks and I’m trying to decide if we should rent a car. I prefer the Disney transportation, but if due to social distancing they are taking much longer, I’ll rent my own vehicle.
I’m not sure if people are having different experiences depending on where they are staying— I was at the Riviera and never had any issues with the busses— I was there the 19th-26th— crowds were super low— never had to wait longer then a few minutes for any bus and was always able to get on

I’m not sure if people are having different experiences depending on where they are staying— I was at the Riviera and never had any issues with the busses— I was there the 19th-26th— crowds were super low— never had to wait longer then a few minutes for any bus and was always able to get on

Great, thank you! We will be at Old Key West.

I'm curious why you are getting tested, if you are quarantining anyway. We got back last Wednesday and are quarantining for 14 days. We also can work from home. I wasn't even going to bother getting tested. We just check our temps everyday and have been since mid-March. Plus, getting tested here in Austin requires you to show symptoms and can take more than a week to get results.
Are you quarantining by choice or are you being told to?
I'd tag on and say I agree with your method as safer. A test at 3-5 days post trip means you dont have a sufficient viral load at that point in time. But there are still 9-11 days when you could potentially have a viral load high enough to infect others. Getting the test mid incubation period is problematic to me for a few reasons:
1-I'd expect at least some people would take that negative as a go ahead to stop quarantining
2-You arent quarantining when you go out to get the test
3-False negatives are still higher than I'd like to see
4-That test, which really doesnt tell you if you brought anything home since it's mid incubation, could be taking testing capacity away from someone that needs it or contributing to a longer result time frame, it feels like a waste of a test to me

I also dont see any upside to the test. It's not as if you can safely stop quarantining until 14 days past your trip end. There isnt really anything you can take if you are asymptomatic yet positive that has been proven effective at helping. I guess if you take a bad turn you can tell the ICU people you already have a positive test from X date but that seems like a negligible benefit. But I am also in an area where you cant just get a test because you want one (and traveling isnt a good enough reason to get a test) so maybe that is coloring my perception, I'd have to lie about symptoms to get tested.

Curious to see what the reason is for testing at that point because I've seen several people say it and, like I said above, I can only think of reasons not to and no real reason to get tested.

We are quarantining by choice, and getting tested primarily out of curiosity, TBH. Testing is readily available with fast results here in Utah. The advice on the timing for testing is coming directly from the Intermountain Hospital system, where we will be scheduling ours. That said we don't really have anywhere to go and don't have any plans for haircuts, doc appointments or gym training sessions so we will likely just continue the quarantine anyway.

Here now. Arrived Saturday, staying until 8/8, 3 resorts. Flew from MHT on Southwest. MHT was so-so with masks. The Dunkin employee had her nose exposed and then saw a security guard come over to talk with her...no mask on the security guard. Thankfully felt very safe on Southwest. Our flight was less than half full, smelled super clean. Everyone wore masks unless actively eating/drinking. Had empty rows in front and behind our 2 rows, just people across the aisle from us. Picked up our luggage at MCO, used DME. Was on a bus in 15 minutes, we were 3rd stop. DME leaving 2 rows empty between groups, and assigning you spots to sit. Group in front of us took off their masks for the ride, unfortunately.

First 5 NTS at Grand Floridian villas, studio. One of the worst balcony views...view of portico roof and a sliver of monorail...oh well... someone was going to get that room guess it was our turn. Just a warning about mobile order at Gasparilla grill... check the slip on the bag of food when you pick it up, we've had numerous items missing that we paid for. If you tell them before you leave, and can show your order confirmation, they'll give you the items. Haven't gone to pool yet. Close to 100% mask compliance around resort. Used monorail to go to MK Sunday and today. Sunday we were put in a car with 2 maskless people on way to MK. Other trips we were the only ones in our car. Bus to Epcot Monday, we were only ones on bus TO Epcot. Full bus back, everyone had masks and were in their assigned areas.

Epcot felt too empty on Monday in world showcase. Mask compliance 95%. Only waits for rides was due to cleaning procedures, Frozen and the land were around half hour waits. It was hot! Had dinner at Rose and Crown after showers had come through, so it was comfortable outside eating. Cheese board was yummy.

Magic kingdom was much more crowded today (Tuesday) than it was Sunday. Bottlenecks noticeable by Peter pan/small world. Mask compliance was actually better today than Sunday, but it felt cooler and less humid today, so that may be why. It was excellent both days, but only saw a couple noses today. More strollers around today as well. Sunday we had lunch at liberty tree tavern...they seated us in diamond horseshoe. It was a much needed mask free a/c break. Tables were spaced well, felt safe. Food yummy! Today we did mobile order at Pinocchio for lunch around 12:30. It was a cluster of people/chaos inside after getting the text our order was ready. Eventually got our food, ended up eating outside as no tables free inside, but it was fine, felt safer outside after the chaos inside. Had dinner at The Wave. Tables well spaced and food was delicious.

Masks, we're all wearing cloth ones, 1/day. I have disposables and extra cloth in our day pack just in case. DH and I are using cloth ones from Old Navy, great price for them ($2.50/mask). Patterned ones seem thicker/harder to breathe through in the humidity. Solid colors were thinner and more comfortable outside. Kids (20 and 16) have K-pop themed ones, different material. We're all doing well with them, but it's nice to have a break during lunch/dinner.

We're having a good time, nice to be here after 4 months at home. It is definitely different though. Disney has done a great job with safety precautions. Love the social distancing in lines and on rides. But people are people, you need to be comfortable with less than 100% compliance.

Will try to report more if I have a chance during our trip.

So frustrating to hear that you had pretty much the exact same experience at MHT that we did at the end of June. I even emailed them to complain both about the security staff and the Dunkin’s. I only got a pretty standard answer so I guess I’m not surprised it hasn’t improved. We are leaving in just over 2weeks ugh at least we’ll know to bring breakfast this time.

20200729_070621-jpg.514446
514448along the Erie Canal. SUNY Brockport. In our own backyard. If you can't get to Disney, discover your own area.

It might be worth picking up masks at a reliable source like Costco or someplace like that rather than ordering online when they are going to be worn for an extended period of time.

I’ve been checking my Disney experience and it looks like attraction wait times are going up. Has anyone found this to be true?

It's normal, people are feeling more comfortable with positive reports on safety and social distancing guidelines

Do you mean that wait times are beginning to increase overall? Or still more or less the same as it's been the past few weeks?

Do you mean that wait times are beginning to increase overall? Or still more or less the same as it's been the past few weeks?
Not the OP, but from what I've been following; yes it seems things are getting more crowded and wait times are getting longer (compared to the first couple weeks of them being open.)

I can only go by this past Sunday and Monday and say that the crowd size was still very small. We had no lines whatsoever at AK and really nothing crazy at HS. I do think that after August 7th, when silver AP go active again, it will get very busy compared to the current level. I can see wait times going up dramatically just due to increase in people and social distancing of the lines and ride capacity limits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter