today at MK saw a CM ask the mom to put the mask on the kid. She was in the stroller and looked to be around 4 or 5, the mom said "good luck having her keep it on"
4 or 5 I’d expect that. 2-3 is just a bit more challenging. What did the CM say in response to the mom?

I am arriving on Wednesday night. How are the lines to get on a bus in the morning? If I want to arrive to a park and get through bag check by the time the parks open, how early should I get in line for the bus? (Staying at Pop, if that matters...) Also, how early are they letting guests in the parks before official opening time?

Good! Hopefully my two year old does ok. Have you seen any around that age have trouble?
I've been very surprised with little ones, only a few have had issues (from what I've seen) best thing to do is practice at home and also wear yours while they little ones are practicing, wear them to walk outside around your neighborhood or to the park or even when watching TV

That's the security check. The Room Occupied sign is effectively worthless now. If you don't want them in the room while you are there, you have to do the door latch.

I'm fine with a security check but do not want to be bothered when it's nap time. You know what works? A post it on the door that says "we are having sex". Never been bothered since.

I have to say, I was very disappointed with HS today. We were there on Sunday (our first park day) and it felt pretty crowded but tolerable. Today was a cluster. We rode the Skyliner from Pop and there were very long lines at Pop, at the transfer, then to get into the park. It was packed. They are allowing way too many reservations for this park considering its size and the limited number of attractions. If today had been our first park day, we would not go back the rest of the trip. The wait times are a little misleading IMO. Yes, some of the rides have lower wait times than average, but walking around the park is very crowded, especially Toy Story and Star Wars land.

I'm fine with a security check but do not want to be bothered when it's nap time. You know what works? A post it on the door that says "we are having sex". Never been bothered since.
Lol, though have to say, if I were a security guard, that would probably make me MORE suspicious than a do not disturb sign.

Two questions for everyone that has been recently:
1. Are the pressed penny machines still operational?

2. Can you pay with cash?

we’re leaving Saturday 8/1 and I have a 7yo daughter that’s saved up her allowance for months for this trip. I’d just hate to get down there and her not be able to pay for things herself, with her “big girl” money. TIA.

we’re leaving Saturday 8/1 and I have a 7yo daughter that’s saved up her allowance for months for this trip. I’d just hate to get down there and her not be able to pay for things herself, with her “big girl” money. TIA.

While I didn’t actually use any machines, they appeared to be operating as usual from my recollection.

Back from 9 days at WDW July 18-26. We had 1.5 days at Epcot, 2 days at DHS, 2 days at AK and 2.25 days at MK.

These are my observations and impressions. It's possible someone else has a different experience, because the same way you cannot step into the same river twice, you cannot step into the same park twice, LOL!

Highlights and Positives:
1. Overall - IMHO, Disney hit it out of the ballpark in terms of safety, while balancing providing an amazing experience in the middle of a pandemic. My DH got really cold feet about a week before we were scheduled to leave, It was around the time that FL hit 15,000 new cases in one day and he asked me (rather passive-aggressively) "we are not really going to FL next weekend, are we?" I had been monitoring the pictures and reports here on DISBoards and I said to him, "I really think it's going to be fine." And it was. Low crowds allowed physical-distancing and masks were enforced (more on this later). Low crowds made our visit much more relaxing and pleasant (more on this later too).

2. Mask Enforcement - One of the concerns of many here on the DISboards was whether masks would be enforced. We noticed that mask enforcement got proactively and progressively better after the first couple of days. For example, on our first say (July 18th) at Epcot, I saw plenty of people with masks down, walking and eating. On our second Epcot day, I did not see a single person walking and eating with the masks down. I saw CMs walking around with a sign that said: "Wear a face covering unless stopped to eat or drink." There were signs on each cart/restaurant that said "Face coverings are to be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and physically distanced."

Saw a couple on the right pathway (by the old rose garden) to the side of the castle taking a selfie. They were the only ones there - there was no one within at least a 30-40 feet radius from them, and a CM yelled at them all the way from the bridge to Fantasyland to put on their mask.

I also started hearing reminders that face covering must cover nose and mouth while on the ride more as the trip went along. On our last few days, I would say mask compliance at resort, parks, transportation, etc., was in the 99%. It was that good. Most guests we encountered were really good about proper wear.

3. Lower Crowds - We enjoyed being able to move around the walkways without bumping into people. It made the experience most pleasant and made physical distancing possible. DHS seemed the most "congested," but MK definitely had the most people. Epcot was the least congested.

4. Waits / No FPs - Some waits were longer than FastPass+ lines. We waited 20 minutes for 7DMT. 20 minutes is nothing if you have been in one of the typical 120 minute lines there, but with FP+, I've never waited more than 5 minutes. Same with Jungle Cruise. But, some had as short or shorter waits without FPs. Space Mountain was often a walk-on for us this trip. Test Track and Soarin were walk-ons in the evening!

And the total experience of not being bound to a specific time or having to refresh to get additional FPs made the total experience more positive for my family. If the crowd levels stay the way they are, I think this is a win over FP+. Also, being able to finally walk through the queues, for example, at FoP, and finally see them was great.

5. Characters - We really enjoyed the roaming cavalcades and thought they were more fun than waiting for the Meet and Greets. The ones on the boats at AK were so original and fun. Characters (Rey, Vi Moradi, Storm Troopers, etc.) popped up on top of the low buildings at SWGE. Very cool. And my absolute favorite were Anastasia and Drizella on the castle. they interacted from up there with guests. They were a hoot!

6. QS/Mobile Ordering - This worked well. Cpt Cooks at Poly was very fast and the food was good/fresh. At the parks, we had to wait a while at Pecos Bill, but Cosmic Ray's was very quick. I wish they all had mobile order. At Epcot, many places do not have the mobile ordering set-up yet at the World Showcase. Tangeriene Cafe did NOT have mobile order and someone snagged our food. After we realized that they handed the tray to the wrong party, I had to convince them that "no, the other party wasn't part of my party and I never got my lamb." LOL. My only issue is that customizations were more limited than what you could do when you talked to a human (more on this below).

7. TS Dining - We mostly enjoyed the TS dining. The food tasted fresh and the restaurants were limited in capacity. Some did a better job than others at spacing. Shout outs to Sci-Fi, Tiffins, Wine Bar George, Yak & Yeti and Spice Road for excellent spacing between parties (more than 6 feet, which I feel it is appropriate indoors). You will need reservations for Sci-Fi and Yak & Yeti. Saw tons of people being turned away, and when you are seated inside you can understand why as capacity was greatly reduced to allow for distancing.

Tiffins and Cali Grill showed why they are Signatures and I highly recommend them. Food was at least as good as in previous trips, wines still great and they had more variety in the menu than most of the 'reduced' menus in other restaurants.

8. Lounges - We love the lounges, and ate/drank at Baseline, Oga's, Nomad's. More on this below...

9. Taste of Epcot - The indoor "Festival Marketplace" with 4 booths had plenty of distanced tables and A/C. Great place for a food break. Lines for booths were non-existent and a great experience overall.

10. Mariachi Cobre/Marimba de las Americas and Jammitors - Were a highlight of the week. These were the only performances this week and we loved them. Very few people in the huge outdoor auditorium. Go see them!

11. RotR - If you can get there, it's worth trying for a boarding group. It's a great ride.

12. MMRR - Very cute and a wonderful addition to DHS. I know many won't agree, but I thought it was better than GMR.

13. Poly - Poly was spotless, and the quiet pool (Oasis) was a delight in the mornings and afternoons (while people were in the parks and at dinner).

14. Transportation - We drove to all the parks from Poly, so I cannot comment on the bus. Just felt safer having our vehicle. Parking was quick and efficient. I highly recommend having a car.

Things We Missed /Caveats
15. QS/Mobile Ordering - Customization through the app were limited. For example, at Pecos Bill, I wanted a salad with the taco beef topping. Nope. You can have nachos with the beef topping or salad with chicken or pork, but not a salad with beef topping. I mostly eat low carb and there wasn't always a way to swap out the carb sides for non-carb sides elsewhere on the menu. Menus were also limited, so only a few options, especially for those with food preferences.

16. Lounges - Nomad's menu is pretty short now and you cannot order anymore from the Tiffin's menu. :sad1: Also, Tutto Gusto was listed in the app as being open, but it's only open to sit guests from Tutto Italia. There isn't really a Lounge with food anymore at Epcot as Tutto Gusto is closed and Cava is only serving booze (no guac and chips).

17. Performers / Performances - We really missed the non-rides/streetsmosphere/performers. Some of our favorite things to watch are on an indefinite pause - Monster's Laugh Floor, Citizens of Hollywood, Dapper Dans, Beauty and the Beast show, FotLK, Nemo, Epcot's countries performers (acrobats, serveur amusant, sergio, etc.), AK performers, etc. The harambe drummers were on a float, and they sounded wonderful, but they went by fast and left you wishing you could listen to them some more.

18. Need More Mask Reminders - As the week went along, this got better, but at the beginning of the week not every ride was reminding guests to keep their nose and mouth covered. The guy next to me pulled his mask down on FoP. I only had one banshee between me and him. More reminders are needed. This did get much better as the week got along.

19. Transportation - At monorail, they would sit two parties per doorway - one on each couch, which is much better than the usual cramming that used to happen. However, we were sat across from someone who was wearing one of those masks with the vent and the space did not seem large enough for being indoors with basically someone across from you being maskless. Yeah, I hear those masks with valves are now banned (thankfully), but I think two parties is too much for one doorway. if someone takes off a mask, it can lead to a confrontation. We opted for the Ferryboat, but the walkway from Poly wasn't open until after 9 am, so for those trying to arrive at MK early, that option would not work.

20. TS Dining - Some restaurants felt rather crowded, even being at 50% capacity. Kona was the worst one. Only about 6 feet between parties. Just too little for indoor spacing, IMHO. Raglan Road also seemed rather close too.

21. Evening Pool Time - With only the quiet (Oasis) pool open after 9pm, and no fireworks or spectaculars to pull guests away, the Oasis pool after 8:30pm felt like the Lava pool at 4pm in July 2019. Distancing was difficult.

22. Housekeping during Trip - I'm not a fan of the "light housekeeping." 8 nights and they came once. Another time, they knocked after 9pm to see if we wanted housekeeping. Hmm, not at that time, no, thank you.

OK, so those are my experiences. I will try to dig up come pics of this stuff. Ask away!
I totally agree about housekeeping - in 7 nights our room was “lightly” cleaned once which meant trash and towel change. Highly recommend bringing garbage bags so that you can bag up garbage and towels as needed if you’re going for a long trip.

2. You can pay with cash but they are strongly encouraging card payment. Why not take her money and put it in a gift card?

Another MK day today, looked as busy as yesterday when we arrived at 11am, but other than our 40 minute wait for 7D mine train at 11:30am (decided to wait today as we hadn't been on yet and it was closed due to PM storms our last 2 MK days), and 20 minutes for haunted mansion cleaning cycle, we walked on rides (or 5-10 minute waits) this afternoon, very different from yesterday. Had lunch at pecos bill, not quite as crazy as Pinocchio inside...but still no indoor tables free, so we ate outside. Saw a variety of 'entertainment': marching band, characters above train station, tink float, princess float, stitch and buzz at Tomorrowland, and interacted with Jack Sparrow (he was curious about their hair colors, telling DD20 that all of her would turn blue). Dinner at Kona, good food, but tables too close, at most 4 ft from the back of my kids heads to the back of other people heads as they were on the bench seating.
View attachment 514504View attachment 514505View attachment 514506View attachment 514507View attachment 514508
Completely agree with this. We had dinner at Kona and the bench seating is too close. We had horrific service here too. They didn’t seem on their game.
I mentioned in my observations above that I thought Kona's tables were too close to each other for indoor dining, even with the restaurant blocking about 50% of them. The food was delicious, but my family did not feel comfortable.

For context, we ate at these other restaurants, and we thought their spacing was good:
Sci-Fi
Tiffin's
Spice Road
Baseline Tap
Wine Bar George
Skipper's Canteen
Yak and Yeti
Cali Grill
Oga's
Nomad's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter