• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was at EPCOT yesterday for the first park day of our vacation. We entered the park around 1 pm and easily managed to do every ride by 6 pm including stopping for breaks at multiple f&w booths and the member lounge. Felt safe but wish Disney would have thought of big groups when figuring out their line markings. There are 5 of us and if we get behind another party of 5 or more you are basically on top of each other from line to line so we often stay back another line but people behind you are at their next line which is right behind you. We spent 3 days at universal and it seems like their marking are further apart and their line queues are maybe better designed with wider spaces to spread out. The longest line we had was for test track at about 25 minutes then another 20 for frozen, otherwise everything else was nearly a walk on. The biggest moment we had when noticing how sparse the crowd was, was when we parked the stroller at the land pavillion where usually you have 3 stroller attendants there to help you find a space. It was wide open. Off to Hollywood Studios this afternoon, hopefully lines will be shorter for most rides later on instead of at park opening. Hoping but not relying on getting a virtual pass at 2 pm for rotr.

Question. How early do they start running MMRR at HS? RotR is priority so I want to make sure I get a shot at getting a BG, but if they start MMRR at 930 i have a chance to do both. Thanks!
Both times we went they started running MMRR at 9:30. We walked over from BW got to HS at 9:08 the first day and was not held on the walkway. The second day at 9:07 and held at the walkway until 9:08. Both days they opened the park at 9:15. We were second family in line on each day. Both days were able to ride MMRR, SR and be out in time to get in que for ROR. the second time we went we were the first people on MMRR. The temperature check to the left of the park definitely gives you a time advantage at getting into the park. Even though it is only slightly closer to the entrance, it makes a big difference.

AP sidenote: I tried getting a park reservation to go to another park when I was leaving HS, but it wouldn't let me. I don't know if it did allow that before, but they have closed that loophole in case anyone was wondering.
Thanks for posting this information. I was curious as to whether someone could reserve a second park for the same day after leaving the first park, if the second park still had openings for the day.

I guess the answer is "no". ;)

Felt safe but wish Disney would have thought of big groups when figuring out their line markings. There are 5 of us and if we get behind another party of 5 or more you are basically on top of each other from line to line so we often stay back another line but people behind you are at their next line which is right behind you.

I noticed this was an issue, too. I think it’s one where larger groups above 3 to 4 people really need to split up into two groups in lines.

For the guests giving the "death stares" or taking it upon themselves to police other people's masks - you should be very careful. By stepping into someone else's personal space and pointing fingers, chastising, and making them feel threatened in general in any way - the situation can go sideways ( and not in your favor ) at any moment. If you really feel the need to do this, I would advise you to think really hard about the consequence of your actions. You are not the mask police and a theme park may not be the place for you to be at this time if you feel strongly enough to confront others. Let the CMs handle the situations as they did an excellent job of reminding people in a gentle way.

Well said! Most people are well meaning and following the rules. They don’t need death stares or confrontations for a 5 second mask slip.

Was at EPCOT yesterday for the first park day of our vacation. We entered the park around 1 pm and easily managed to do every ride by 6 pm including stopping for breaks at multiple f&w booths and the member lounge. Felt safe but wish Disney would have thought of big groups when figuring out their line markings. There are 5 of us and if we get behind another party of 5 or more you are basically on top of each other from line to line so we often stay back another line but people behind you are at their next line which is right behind you. We spent 3 days at universal and it seems like their marking are further apart and their line queues are maybe better designed with wider spaces to spread out. The longest line we had was for test track at about 25 minutes then another 20 for frozen, otherwise everything else was nearly a walk on. The biggest moment we had when noticing how sparse the crowd was, was when we parked the stroller at the land pavillion where usually you have 3 stroller attendants there to help you find a space. It was wide open. Off to Hollywood Studios this afternoon, hopefully lines will be shorter for most rides later on instead of at park opening. Hoping but not relying on getting a virtual pass at 2 pm for rotr.

If the group behind you in line fails to skip a marker to ensure adequate spacing, the next time the line moves you can just split your group and just half moves up so everyone has enough room. You can rejoin at the end. I skip markers at Uni when needed, as Yullin said you’d think that’d be common sense.

Great idea, would have never of thought of using the shopping feature to identify open stores. I have used it to scope out the menus for mobile ordering options but have not been able to fine the TS. Are on the app also?

Yes, the menus for TS are in the app too. I think it is actually a link that brings you to the website (same page you get when you scan the QR code at the restaurant). The restaurants don't give you a menu. You get a QR code to scan with your phone. If you have difficulties, they do have a small number of paper menus that they can bring to you. At Canada, apparently the QR menu does not include the wine list so they offer that to you as a paper menu before seating. We did not have any TS ressies, but were able to walk up and get a table at Canada with no waiting, and at Sci Fi at Studios with only a short wait. We strolled around for about 20 minutes before we got the text that the table was ready.

For the guests giving the "death stares" or taking it upon themselves to police other people's masks - you should be very careful. By stepping into someone else's personal space and pointing fingers, chastising, and making them feel threatened in general in any way - the situation can go sideways ( and not in your favor ) at any moment. If you really feel the need to do this, I would advise you to think really hard about the consequence of your actions. You are not the mask police and a theme park may not be the place for you to be at this time if you feel strongly enough to confront others. Let the CMs handle the situations as they did an excellent job of reminding people in a gentle way.

Your statement makes me so sad that someone's response to being reminded to wear the mask that was agreed upon when you entered the park, is to threaten violence.

Did you actually have someone violently confront you in the park when you weren't wearing your mask?

They aren't the mask police but you are having an effect on their health by not wearing your mask. But the bigger question is why would your response to someone like that be further violence? Why don't you go find a CM to handle what you perceive to be an out of control park visitor?

Hoping but not relying on getting a virtual pass at 2 pm for rotr.

On Saturday, we were in the park for 10, but didn't try. Was full by 10:03. I got a boarding group at 2 without any trouble (46). However, the ride did break down several times throughout the day. It was 7:30 by the time my boarding group was called. Then it broke down again while in queue. About 8:20, fixed and line started moving again. Broke down for the night while I was on it, so I got the back of house walk out to end the night. It was about 10 I think when we finally left. Got some cool photos of the main street as we left. Have 'heard' that everyone usually gets a boarding group that wants one, and generally everyone gets a ride. Bad luck with breakdowns Saturday seemed to have broken that streak.

None of the parks are open past 9pm

My bad, I am getting my numbers swapped around here. :crazy2: I was mentioning in my original post for those that had previously asked about getting same day at a 2nd park when they leave the 1st park. I wish if other parks had openings still available they would let you hop over, but oh well. Maybe some day.

I was unable to try one on our last trip does anyone know or have they seen these in the parks right now latelyView attachment 515772

If I remember correctly, I believe they are sold at Neighborhood Bakery in Pixar Place, which is currently marked as "temporarily unavailable." I did a brief look through the dining menus at the open HS locations and didn't see it.

I hope they make a return soon. That was one of our favorite snacks at HS on our last trip.

Is the queue for the skyliner set up in a manner where the 5 of you were able to walk past a line of people that has formed over the course of an hour and stay 6 feet away???
Absolutely! We actually didn’t have to walk by anyone, the line follows the curve of the lake, and we took a different path and came in from the side, no problems with that at all!

Your statement makes me so sad that someone's response to being reminded to wear the mask that was agreed upon when you entered the park, is to threaten violence.

Did you actually have someone violently confront you in the park when you weren't wearing your mask?

They aren't the mask police but you are having an effect on their health by not wearing your mask. But the bigger question is why would your response to someone like that be further violence? Why don't you go find a CM to handle what you perceive to be an out of control park visitor?

You should probably read my last paragraph again. The very last sentence clearly stated that if someone is uncomfortable because of how someone is wearing their mask that THEY should find a CM for help. It would not be up to me or anyone else that's confronted by another park goer to find a CM. As far as violence goes, I would have no idea what someone's motive is while approaching any of my family members. I simply stated that if someone feels the need to invade someone's personal space in a confrontational way regarding a mask, that those people really should stay away from the general public until they feel they can control themselves. We were near hundreds of people on a daily basis last week that were not wearing masks in restaurants, pool areas, relaxation stations, adjusting their masks, etc. and I would never feel the need to accost anyone regarding their masks. There are literally hundreds of videos across the web of people confronting people for not wearing a mask properly or even adjusting their mask in some way that lead to physical encounters and it seems to always go bad for the person doing the confronting. This is not like someone posting anonymously behind a keyboard. There are absolute repercussions for actions in real life.

You should probably read my last paragraph again. The very last sentence clearly stated that if someone is uncomfortable because of how someone is wearing their mask that THEY should find a CM for help. It would not be up to me or anyone else that's confronted by another park goer to find a CM. As far as violence goes, I would have no idea what someone's motive is while approaching any of my family members. I simply stated that if someone feels the need to invade someone's personal space in a confrontational way regarding a mask, that those people really should stay away from the general public until they feel they can control themselves. We were near hundreds of people on a daily basis last week that were not wearing masks in restaurants, pool areas, relaxation stations, adjusting their masks, etc. and I would never feel the need to accost anyone regarding their masks. There are literally hundreds of videos across the web of people confronting people for not wearing a mask properly or even adjusting their mask in some way that lead to physical encounters and it seems to always go bad for the person doing the confronting. This is not like someone posting anonymously behind a keyboard. There are absolute repercussions for actions in real life.

I simply stated that if someone feels the need to invade someone's personal space in a confrontational way regarding a mask, that those people really should stay away from the general public until they feel they can control themselves.

I'm sorry. I haven't seen a single person that has done this. Wouldn't that be good advice for both sides of the mask issue, though?

There are literally hundreds of videos across the web of people confronting people for not wearing a mask properly or even adjusting their mask in some way that lead to physical encounters and it seems to always go bad for the person doing the confronting. This is not like someone posting anonymously behind a keyboard. There are absolute repercussions for actions in real life.

I do agree that maybe people should not confront people in society, because of the episodes I've seen in the media. Those episodes have been overwhelmingly, a situation where the person who doesn't want to wear a mask, is the one that's violent. There have been instances where these people have even shot employees. Most of these people have lashed out violently when it's been discovered that they've been on video recorded by an innocent bystander, who they then go on to attack.

I was told the reason CMs wear face shields is because an angry non-mask wearing guest, spit on a CM.

I agree the CM is the best resource, but I think it's a good resource for both groups of people in the park.

Where's the warning for those people who are asked to wear their mask by a CM or anyone, who could then react violently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter