but for us the experience was great as it was one of the first times we’ve returned from WDW without the proverbial “I need a vacation from that vacation” feeling.

That's really encouraging to hear. We tend to really go all out when we visit and we're inevitably exhausted after every trip. It's a bummer that park hours are shortened but if it "forces" us to relax then I'm OK with it.

other than transportation what else is going downhill fast? Cause I've been to the parks 3 times a week since reopening and that's the only issue I have seen

Also, like....we're in a pandemic. Things are not normal. They will never be "normal" again. The fact that people still are angry about Disney not operating as usual during an unprecedented worldwide event is crazy to me. It's like some people have forgotten they were closed for almost four months for a reason.

Also, like....we're in a pandemic. Things are not normal. They will never be "normal" again. The fact that people still are angry about Disney not operating as usual during an unprecedented worldwide event is crazy to me. It's like some people have forgotten they were closed for almost four months for a reason.
exactly, than you!! I go to the parks and cannot stop but be impressed of what they are doing. I think we all knew their Achilles heel would be transportation, but yeah, if you're coming now don't expect normal unless you want to be packed into a bus like before, remember? standing up, shoulder to shoulder with people?

That's really encouraging to hear. We tend to really go all out when we visit and we're inevitably exhausted after every trip. It's a bummer that park hours are shortened but if it "forces" us to relax then I'm OK with it.
Yes, we are usually rope droppers and take a break mid -day and return to close the parks out. For this trip, having earlier closings forced us to get more rest and sleep, ha! We do not feel half as exhausted as we usually do!

I totally agree with you. But in society in general not just Disney some people seem to not realize things are not normal anymore and we just can't go back to the way things used to be before.

We drove to avoid Disney transportation. The only problem was magic kingdom, We were stuck in a monorail car with two people with masks below their chin, one of which was coughing. I recommend taking the ferry.
Thanks. We are staying at Poly so we have a few options for getting to MK.

We'll be there the same time, I also rented a car, a van actually. I do not love the buses so for me it was not optional. I was hoping for a better deal but oh well with all the stores closed and the self imposed DS PM restriction I'm sure we will save some money there.

We always rent a car. Since this trip is just my wife and I to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary (belated) I was looking forward to not renting a car. The only thing I am really disapointed about is having to drive to Epcot instead of being able to take the monorail.

I totally agree with you. But in society in general not just Disney some people seem to not realize things are not normal anymore and we just can't go back to the way things used to be before.

Yes, it's frustrating all over. As for Disney I feel bad for the cast members trying to make a living and dealing with people who don't want to follow the rules or who are mad Disney is "different" now.

Thanks. We are staying at Poly so we have a few options for getting to MK.

We always rent a car. Since this trip is just my wife and I to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary (belated) I was looking forward to not renting a car. The only thing I am really disapointed about is having to drive to Epcot instead of being able to take the monorail.
Just an fyi on the boat. They are using the old ones that are bigger to take more people but the boat moves incredibly slow, like double the time of the regular boat so if you're taking that make sure you account for the time

The ME was showing 60 min when I arrived today but there were two buses waiting outside and I walked right in, no wait. I might have been lucky though.

On another note, I assumed I'd be exhausted from the flight so I went to Epcot to grab some food and later today dinner. I used to live in France and always love to practice my french with the CM at Les Halles Boulangerie, who are lovely. Plus the food is excellent. It was honestly heartbreaking, there were only three CM and half the shelves were empty. It struck me hard. I really hope they are well and can come back soon.

I used to live in France and always love to practice my french with the CM at Les Halles Boulangerie, who are lovely. Plus the food is excellent. It was honestly heartbreaking, there were only three CM and half the shelves were empty. It struck me hard. I really hope they are well and can come back soon.

Not sure if you are aware that everyone in the International program was sent home.

We will be staying for the first time in a preferred room at CBR next month. Can you confirm the buses only run for MK & AK unless Skyliner is down for weather? Is also sounds like the buses do not start their pickup as early in the morning as before COVID? Any other thoughts on the resort would be welcome.
Thanks!

If the skyliner is running, there are no buses to Epcot or HS. I didn't pay any attention to the start times--I'm sorry! The ONLY food is at Customs House and MUST be mobile ordered. VERY limited selection. Only ~ 4 entrees. One burger, one plant based, jerk chicken and something else. Only 4 breakfast offerings. At least one section of the resort wasn't even open). Bus service was very good. I"m sure you know no housekeeping until I think day 5. If you want more towels you have to call and tell them how many of each kind/size of towel you want (???). There ARE pool towels. You have to call to have trash emptied and you set the trash cans outside your door. It's my I think 5th stay there; as you know stuff could change between now and when you go.....more might be open. If you do on line check in, you don't go to the desk at all. We got a call that we could check our luggage at airline check in BUT it hadn't reopened.

If the skyliner is running, there are no buses to Epcot or HS. I didn't pay any attention to the start times--I'm sorry! The ONLY food is at Customs House and MUST be mobile ordered. VERY limited selection. Only ~ 4 entrees. One burger, one plant based, jerk chicken and something else. Only 4 breakfast offerings. At least one section of the resort wasn't even open). Bus service was very good. I"m sure you know no housekeeping until I think day 5. If you want more towels you have to call and tell them how many of each kind/size of towel you want (???). There ARE pool towels. You have to call to have trash emptied and you set the trash cans outside your door. It's my I think 5th stay there; as you know stuff could change between now and when you go.....more might be open. If you do on line check in, you don't go to the desk at all. We got a call that we could check our luggage at airline check in BUT it hadn't reopened.
This shouldn't happen at all. Motel 6 has better service. Same high rate and no cleaning and calling for twirls and poor selection of food. Disney has no excuse.

This shouldn't happen at all. Motel 6 has better service. Same high rate and no cleaning and calling for twirls and poor selection of food. Disney has no excuse.
Again you don't seem to understand the reason for this. Do you want people coming into your room everyday right now? Disney is protecting the guest and the housekeeper. People who decide to come know this, it's on their website and explicit when you book

Again you don't seem to understand the reason for this. Do you want people coming into your room everyday right now? Disney is protecting the guest and the housekeeper. People who decide to come know this, it's on their website and explicit when you book

The point wasn't that they didn't understand the reason. The point was that they are charging the same thing ... but providing less. Personally, I don't care if housekeeping is coming every day or not, but if they aren't, then the overall room rate should be discounted, or guests should automatically get the "no housekeeping" gift cards they received previously for no housekeeping.

That said, I haven't stayed or tried to stay in a Disney-proper resort yet, so maybe they are discounting the rooms sufficiently to balance the fewer amenities. We did stay at an "on site" non-Disney hotels (so that we could get park reservations since AP reservations were non-existent) this past weekend and they are all still charging the same resort fees when they too are not providing the same amenities that those fees were suppose to cover (shuttle service, as an example). However, the room rates themselves are discounted from "normal" for no housekeeping.

I was able to get the park ressies I wanted for our next trip in a few weeks so we'll be staying offsite next time.

The point wasn't that they didn't understand the reason. The point was that they are charging the same thing ... but providing less. Personally, I don't care if housekeeping is coming every day or not, but if they aren't, then the overall room rate should be discounted, or guests should automatically get the "no housekeeping" gift cards they received previously for no housekeeping.

That said, I haven't stayed or tried to stay in a Disney-proper resort yet, so maybe they are discounting the rooms sufficiently to balance the fewer amenities. We did stay at an "on site" non-Disney hotels (so that we could get park reservations since AP reservations were non-existent) this past weekend and they are all still charging the same resort fees when they too are not providing the same amenities that those fees were suppose to cover (shuttle service, as an example). However, the room rates themselves are discounted from "normal" for no housekeeping.

I was able to get the park ressies I wanted for our next trip in a few weeks so we'll be staying offsite next time.
But you know this when you book and you agree on the price. People here have said they have chosen to stay off property because the benefits are not worth the price. The poster i quoted has been on several threads posting the same argument, which is why i responded to that particular post

Well said. Same high prices with little to no services. Same high park tickets and again less hours and no entertainment. Disney can't have it both ways.

Well said. Same high prices with little to no services. Same high park tickets and again less hours and no entertainment. Disney can't have it both ways.
Disney can have it both ways if people continue to visit.

Beyond that, there are costs associated with COVID, like increased cleaning and enforcement. So there may be some amenities missing but the important amenity of safety is being provided (as much as Disney can). Some places are stripping away amenities and adding a COVID surcharge. (Which creeps me out in places like dentist offices and nail places...COVID doesnt require and special chemicals, just the cleaning that should be done between each client anyway, what werent they doing before?)

Disney can have it both ways if people continue to visit.

Beyond that, there are costs associated with COVID, like increased cleaning and enforcement. So there may be some amenities missing but the important amenity of safety is being provided (as much as Disney can). Some places are stripping away amenities and adding a COVID surcharge. (Which creeps me out in places like dentist offices and nail places...COVID doesnt require and special chemicals, just the cleaning that should be done between each client anyway, what werent they doing before?)
This stuff shouldn't happen.

I have a question regarding food allergies and mobile ordering. I have Celiacs disease and must eat gluten free. In the past, the cook/chef has come out and taken my order. I have also been instructed by CMs to only accept my food from the cook as that way I know it's the gluten free meal. Has anyone been in this situation recently? How is it now handled?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter