Also, according to a peer reviewed study in the medical journal "pediatrics" little kids rarely carry the disease and even more rarely infect someone else.

And I can point to this peer-reviewed study in JAMA Pediatrics just a week ago said that while earlier reports had suggested children were not major contributors to the spread, children under 5 actually carry significantly greater viral amounts. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2768952

I'm just saying, none of us knows for sure what is "safe" and shouldn't be too hard on a CM for strictly enforcing the rules that are designed to protect them.

If conditions don’t deteriorate, we are going for the last 2 weeks in October, staying at the Vistana, for comparatively palatial space at a fraction of the price. We are very sad about the 7 day ticket limit as we are taking my daughter’s fiance. He is 25, and the only theme parks he has ever been to is Hershey, which is 20 minutes from us and Cedar Point, where we took him last year. Our favorite park is normally Epcot, and at present that’s the best option for only one day. There are so many restaurants there that are family traditions, and my DD is sad at not being able to take her fiancé to more than one of them. I’m actually thinking about springing for extra days on separate tickets, if they don’t bring back APs or other options by then. This week Discovery Cove is still running a 40% sale, so I got those for them as an Engagement gift, and for $20 extra, you can conclude 14 days of Sea World and Aquatica. We are bringing our Amazon Firestick, and are planning Disney+ evenings for after everything has closed down.

I keep telling them this is an adventure your kids will never believe. (Let us hope and pray that is so. )

Last edited:
Also did Skipper Canteen fully expecting it to be heavy on Skipper kitsch, which we love, but light on food. We were pleasantly surprised by the food. It was tasty and adventurous.

Were people spaced far apart in Skippers? We are considering doing one or two indoor meals next week but only if spacing is far apart. It's either that, eat in the hotel, or sweat outside on patios. No good choice really.

At the Vistana, if you bring your Firestick, the TVs all have hdmi ports and it works seamlessly for any subscribed streaming service. I would guess Disney TVs would be the same? We bring a power strip to make sure it can be plugged in.

We are at the parks now and my oldest daughter has Celiacs. We were told to always avoid the mobile ordering and order direct at a window to ensure it gets made properly. Haven't had any probs and even with reduced offerings because so many locations are closed, we haven't had trouble finding food for her that she likes.
Thank you! This really helps ease my mind. I was aware of the gluten free options,. I really wanted to make sure they were still taking the precautions they have in the past.

I have a question regarding food allergies and mobile ordering. I have Celiacs disease and must eat gluten free. In the past, the cook/chef has come out and taken my order. I have also been instructed by CMs to only accept my food from the cook as that way I know it's the gluten free meal. Has anyone been in this situation recently? How is it now handled?

If you go on MDE and go on mobile order, pick the restaurant you want and click on more options or allergy free at the top of the menu. You'll see the options for gluten free

This only works for the restaurants that have an allergy category on the app, they don't all have it. None of the resort counter service places do, and in Disney Springs the only counter service that offers mobile ordering, D-Luxe Burger, does not have an allergy category.

In the past, I've always had to speak to a chef at places like that, and so mobile ordering was not an option for me at those places. I haven't been to the parks since the closure, but I've read others say that in the parks, you can still go in and speak to chef and order at the register. I would assume it's also true at the resorts.

We have been here since Sat. 8/2. Today is our last park day. We left a day earlier than planned because of the hurricane threat (driving from La.). Turned out to be unnecessary but wanted to be safe.
On the topic of safety I wish I could report what I have seen others post with a 98% mask compliance. Our experience has been 90% or a little less actually. Now we are rule followers but more than we are respectful of others. I will commend the folks especially the little ones we have seen out here doing the right thing because it has been rough in the heat. But that other group of thoughtless people who just can’t seem to follow the rules even as they are loudly playing over the speakers should just stay home. As much as we have tried to have fun and feel some magic the rule breakers do put a bad vibe out there. Too many noses poking out, lots of eating/drinking and walking, one lady fanning herself with her mask in line behind us, taking on the phone with no mask on. Really too many instances of non compliance. I have seen some cast members out there verbally enforcing the rules but not nearly enough. The lines and the grounds of Pop Century have been the worst.
So maybe it’s the heat making it harder for people to follow the rules? We won’t come back in the warmer months if mask are still required it is pretty brutal. But not enough for us to disrespect the rules and those around us.
Not to be reporting all negative news we have enjoyed most of our time here. Had good meals at Sanaa, Y&Y and Skippers that were spaced out comfortably. It’s great not having to worry about Fastpasses and being able to go at a more relaxed pace. We are afternoon break people and that has been difficult but mostly because of the heat. Do miss the parks at night that is my favorite time to be there.
If you are coming soon as many have said be cautious of the heat and the last few hours in the parks have been the best for crowds and short lines.

Do they have Disney+ in the rooms? And/or can I sign in somehow on the TVs in the rooms since we already have an account?
At the Vistana, if you bring your Firestick, the TVs all have hdmi ports and it works seamlessly for any subscribed streaming service. I would guess Disney TVs would be the same? We bring a power strip to make sure it can be plugged in.
Yeah we've done that at the Disney resorts with our Firestick and/or Apple TV.

They also told us it could be "up to 60 minutes" and we waited 5. So, just a general caveat I think.

Slightly offtopic, but in the parks, the wait times for rides were often posted as far longer than the actual wait time. For example, we would see a 25 minute wait time on Splash Mountain, but would walk right through the queue and it was a walkon. I think the wait times that are posted are lagging from when they close a ride to clean/disinfect. We saw a posted 35 minute for Micky and Minnies Runaway Railway, and it turned out the actual wait we did was about 10 minutes.

At HS today. The waits as so much longer today than anything we have seen since Sunday. Most things have been consistently 60 minutes. Prior to this -.most rides were walk on.

I assume this is due to locals today.

Finally got to ride the new star wars ride! Wow! Just amazing!! Loved it.

Slightly offtopic, but in the parks, the wait times for rides were often posted as far longer than the actual wait time. For example, we would see a 25 minute wait time on Splash Mountain, but would walk right through the queue and it was a walkon. I think the wait times that are posted are lagging from when they close a ride to clean/disinfect. We saw a posted 35 minute for Micky and Minnies Runaway Railway, and it turned out the actual wait we did was about 10 minutes.

yes, we had the same experience with ride wait times.

Hello All - how is your experiences this week with resort hopping for quick service and shopping? I chatted with WDW online chat and was told it is not problem arriving at the resorts. Has anyone had issues in the last few days?

Just an fyi on the boat. They are using the old ones that are bigger to take more people but the boat moves incredibly slow, like double the time of the regular boat so if you're taking that make sure you account for the time
At HS today. The waits as so much longer today than anything we have seen since Sunday. Most things have been consistently 60 minutes. Prior to this -.most rides were walk on.

I noticed all the parks had longer wait times on the app today than I had seen any prior day since reopening...hoping it’s just the weekend and wait times drop again on Monday (our first Disney park day is Monday)

I noticed all the parks had longer wait times on the app today than I had seen any prior day since reopening...hoping it’s just the weekend and wait times drop again on Monday (our first Disney park day is Monday)
Report back and let us know how the weekdays are.

A lot more AP holders are allowed into the part starting the 7th(today). I checked the wait times and yes they are significantly worse. 45min of Pirates Carribean, 50min Avatar FOP, 55min splash mountain, 1 hour MMRR, etc.

Too bad.

Combined that with the diminished experience, hot weather, Covid risk, makes it pretty unappealing unless you are a local with AP IMO. Definitely not worth travelling long distance and paying full price for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter