Quick question, I don’t think I saw anything about this. The wayway from the Poly to the ticketing center is open right? I have a breakfast reservation at Kona on my MK day and wanted to park at the park and walk over. Also, the parking lots have been opening about 30-45 min before the park correct? My reservation is just before park opening and want to make sure I plan correctly. Thanks!

I don’t know and am curious too. I was able to take boat from MK to Poly.

We're at hs today for our first day and I feel like it's really busy. People are still staying apart pretty nicely but these lines are longer than I had hoped for. We spent about 45 minutes in Ogas and got quick service for lunch, but otherwise we've been nonstop on rides and we still haven't done everything. Pretty close, but for being in here at 930 and now it's 445 I feel like we should have done some duplicates based on what everyone was saying for crowds before today.

On my trip, weekend seemed busier and waits higher. I think weekdays might have less people in general like pre-pandemic.

We just left MK and waits were 45-60 for many rides until about 5:30 when they came down some. Whenever we got in a line we set a timer and the posted waits are accurate. On some rides the lines stretched out all the way to they very end of the distance markers. Hand sanitizer was out at a few stations. It is not shoulder to shoulder but definitely more crowded and many people in the lines get close to other groups. We waited about 20 minutes for Carousel of Progress and I can not remember ever waiting that long for it before. It was so hot and is no fun to wait in long lines out in the sun. We ended up doing Hall of Presidents, Barnstormer and Dumbo just because they were some of the only things without 25+ minute waits. I’m hoping the rest of the week gets better. I will say all the CMs we encountered were great. They really are the heart of the park.

We just left MK and waits were 45-60 for many rides until about 5:30 when they came down some. Whenever we got in a line we set a timer and the posted waits are accurate. On some rides the lines stretched out all the way to they very end of the distance markers. Hand sanitizer was out at a few stations. It is not shoulder to shoulder but definitely more crowded and many people in the lines get close to other groups. We waited about 20 minutes for Carousel of Progress and I can not remember ever waiting that long for it before. It was so hot and is no fun to wait in long lines out in the sun. We ended up doing Hall of Presidents, Barnstormer and Dumbo just because they were some of the only things without 25+ minute waits. I’m hoping the rest of the week gets better. I will say all the CMs we encountered were great. They really are the heart of the park.

I’m so sorry, but glad you made the best of it! Any chance you have another day at MK during the week? M

I don’t know which app you were checking but I was in the park today and can tell you from first hand knowledge that the park was crowded and waits were long.

I was using MDE all day long in fact I wrote the following today on this thread:

“18/21 rides at MK on Saturday have a 35 minute or less wait at 4:20 eastern which includes 10/21 with 15 minutes or less wait. I can not imagine how this is consider bad”

I was in MK yesterday as well as Mon 8/3 and it was no good yesterday. Long waits and long lines. Too many people to safely distance. We were there all week with yesterday being our last day. Beginning of week was low waits as we have seen being reported. Yesterday was a different story. The problem right now with the longer waits that move slow in the heat is it lends itself to people breaking the rules. Mask come off in the lines the markers on the ground being ignored.

Quick question, I don’t think I saw anything about this. The wayway from the Poly to the ticketing center is open right? I have a breakfast reservation at Kona on my MK day and wanted to park at the park and walk over. Also, the parking lots have been opening about 30-45 min before the park correct? My reservation is just before park opening and want to make sure I plan correctly. Thanks!
I saw on DFB that it does close so not sure when they open it in the mornings so it might not be available

I don’t know which app you were checking but I was in the park today and can tell you from first hand knowledge that the park was crowded and waits were long.
I read somewhere that today was the first day silver passholders could enter. Looking at pictures of today, looks far more crowded than when we were there midJuly. I feel bad for people there now, it looks too busy for a pandemic.

Not at all like the airport we flew in from (St. Louis) which was jam packed with every seat full and people standing between not wearing masks (know that’s not relevant to most folks but had to vent a bit). Made me feel panicked we were making a horrid mistake but felt better when we boarded the plane as Southwest required masks and gave them to people who did not have them.
St Charles and Jeff Co. Need I say more?

I read somewhere that today was the first day silver passholders could enter. Looking at pictures of today, looks far more crowded than when we were there midJuly. I feel bad for people there now, it looks too busy for a pandemic.
We just got here today. Did hs. It felt busy ish but not ridiculous. We did every ride from 930-745, plus a couple twice, plus evacuation from MMRR which took up a lot of time. It was manageable and we never felt unsafe. If we had had to do shows we never would have seen it all without FP. But overall we had a great day, no complaints.

Had an amazing first day back at the World. Riviera resort was beautiful and the pools were busy but not too crowded (everyone was able to keep a good distance). We had dinner at contemporary and I’m not sure if this has been posted yet, but we were allowed to walk to the MK buses (they opened the rope for us at the temp check) to catch a bus back to Riviera. On the bus now and our driver said we are his last run (and this appeared to be one of if not the last bus out of MK) so if attempting this strategy try to be at the MK bus stop before 9pm.

Just have to say could not be happier to be at WDW. It is as magical as always!

Actually yesterday Aug. 7th was the first day back for Silver Passholders. This year the summer blockout window was June 1 - Aug. 6th.

Dave

Same. We were there today. We have littles and would go to rides that the app labeled a 15 minute wait that were FAR above that. Philharmagic was backed up down the castle ramp with a posted 5 minute wait...

At MK today. I was changing resorts so I arrived at 11am, and it was very hot and crowded - I left and came back at 4pm. Taking it easy, I managed to do: Starbucks (I swear this has longer lines than most rides), Dumbo, Barnstormer x2, Peter Pan, Space Mountain, 7DMT, Haunted Mansion, and BTM. At 7pm the crowds on Main Street were a bit crazy as far as post-covid crowds go, no way to practice social distancing. The line for the Emporium extended beyond Casey's corner. That said, it felt significantly nicer in the afternoon. If you are not spending the whole day at the park, I'd strongly recommend arriving later in the day. The physical lines (not wait times) were much shorter.

I agree with everyone else about the wait times, they are wildly unreliable. 7DMT was showing 45min in the morning when the line was aaaall the way to the Little Mermaid (!!!), and also in the afternoon when the line wasn't even out the door. Haunted Mansion showed 30min when it was walk on and when the line was out the Mansion, Branstormer showed 20min and I was literally the only person riding it (twice).

We just got back from a week at WDW, 2nd day at MK was today. We were only there from open to 2:30 as we had a flight to catch.

Today was BY FAR the most crowded day at any park we had this week. Fantasyland felt overrun (relatively speaking). It was literally not possible to socially distance UNLESS you were in a line. We had lunch in Pinocchio Village Haus, and you would've thought it was the middle of a regular summer day with how hard it was to find a table (yes, I understand half the tables are blocked off).

If this is the capacity they plan to run at then EVERYTHING or nearly everything needs to be open, not over half of the restaurants, shops, and snack areas closed that basically forces guests into the few open non-ride refuges ESPECIALLY on a day as hot as today was. It was the first day that felt like Disney was just saying "screw the capacity controls, let's just reopen like we used to".

The wait times were all over the place and almost certainly never accurate. Small World read 20 minutes and was 30. Buzz Lightyear read 20 and was 5.

Other than today, it was a very fine trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter