Dont get your hopes up. 7DMT wait times on average seems to be about 40min per the app.
Yeah worse today cuz it rained and it shut down for awhile. I would do it first thing (before rope drop even) if you want more than one ride without a long wait. Today we did BTMR at 845, first train car to go, and then were on Splash at 903.

It'll melt in about 17 seconds... Just ask for ice waters at the QS restaurants?

We want to use the bag of ice to help keep a few drinks cold in a small cooler that fits in our backpack. I know we can't dump loose ice in the cooler.

I am seriously done with this heat. It has been the worse from living here for 23 years, I was at Universal today and it was just oppressive, nothing really to do with masks, just awful, cannot wait for temps below 90

It's been HOT even in Chicago this year. Dew points in 70s and it feels like soup outside. (this week is finally better)
We are walking around with masks on to prepare for Disney next May...I don't know how you do it! :D

I'm ready for fall too.

My daughters and I spent a short weekend celebrating a birthday. We arrived Friday morning at the Polynesian, resort hopped, and spent the afternoon in the pool before heading over to Disney Springs for dinner. I feel that the pool area was very crowded for an afternoon as was Disney Springs that evening. Magic Kingdom on Saturday was very low in crowds. Masks were being worn correctly (98.00 percent maybe) but a few people were still showing their noses. Come on people! I never saw a staff member correct them. I did ask the cast member at the Jungle Cruise boarding area if we could wait for the next boat as the people in front of us would not wear their mask over their noses. She said sure but she never asked the guests to wear their masks correctly. I was surprised with the wait times with an average of 30-40 minutes for most big attractions. We have always had our FastPasses in order so waiting has never been our thing but the lines were greatly spaced out and everyone seemed to be following the rules of social distancing. I loved the impromptu characters throughout the park. I wish they would keep that up! All in all, I totally felt that we were safe on this trip. I loved the slower pace and I am so happy we did not cancel our trip in August. We are planning another girls birthday trip in November! Well done Walt Disney World!

It's been HOT even in Chicago this year. Dew points in 70s and it feels like soup outside. (this week is finally better)
We are walking around with masks on to prepare for Disney next May...I don't know how you do it! :D

I'm ready for fall too.

Can I give you some advice? My wife and I have not been back to the parks yet (AP florida residents, and not for lack of trying... Disney is just not giving AP's due diligence in providing open reservation times). BUT, that being said, I just took a 5 minute trip to the store, it just rained here, and the mask thing was intolerable. The second I left the store, i yanked the mask off, jumped in the car and cranked the AC. I don't want to discourage you in any way, but there is no "preparation" for what you will experience. Especially when the heat and humidity crank back up in May.

For families, Disney can be a cranky place without masks, given the walking, long days, and overall commando style vacation. I truly hope for your sake that masks are a thing of the past in May of 2021. Good luck.

And oh, "soup" in Chicago? :) It feels like thick corn chowder here, with a side of beef stew!

Can I give you some advice? My wife and I have not been back to the parks yet (AP florida residents, and not for lack of trying... Disney is just not giving AP's due diligence in providing open reservation times). BUT, that being said, I just took a 5 minute trip to the store, it just rained here, and the mask thing was intolerable. The second I left the store, i yanked the mask off, jumped in the car and cranked the AC. I don't want to discourage you in any way, but there is no "preparation" for what you will experience. Especially when the heat and humidity crank back up in May.

For families, Disney can be a cranky place without masks, given the walking, long days, and overall commando style vacation. I truly hope for your sake that masks are a thing of the past in May of 2021. Good luck.

And oh, "soup" in Chicago? :) It feels like thick corn chowder here, with a side of beef stew!

Thanks!

We are going late April/early May and if masks are still required, we will handle it!

I think, for instance, it was people bringing in small coolers or bags and they had just poured the ice in from the ice machine at the resorts. Therefore, for security to really know what was under that ice, it necessitated them pawing through that loose ice.
THANKS! I knew it has to be a more reasonable explanation than people dumping out pockets full of ice along with their keys and change but that was all I could picture.

Just had some PIXIE dust sprinkled on us.

In my post about our last trip to BLT we had numerous issues with our room, from bad AC to clogged drains and a very worn out room. on the way out i spoke with the manager and let him know all the issues and that they should get all the issues fixed before it was rented again.

Today we had 4 nights refunded to us - so we just booked Riviera for 4 nights 2 bedroom preferred villa for Thanksgiving.........Boom!

Has anyone lately tried bringing a Ziploc bag of ice into the parks? Wondering if that is still acceptable?

We brought in our camelbak full of ice (and water) yesterday and today, no problems. You should be fine.

I am seriously done with this heat. It has been the worse from living here for 23 years, I was at Universal today and it was just oppressive, nothing really to do with masks, just awful, cannot wait for temps below 90
Glad to see you say this, thought my husband was going to have a heatstroke in MK today and I was wondering if it was just us

Is there a quiet pool at Pop? And do you have to be quiet?! My kids wouldn't be...

The quiet pools at Pop aren’t very quiet. I could hear the music clearly from my room, but didn’t hear the people. The 50’s pool was fairly crowded. We didn’t feel safe swimming.

Negative-all Pools at POP are on a 9-9 schedule and are locked and un-lifeguarded otherwise.

Yep! That was our experience, 9 to 9.

Has anyone lately tried bringing a Ziploc bag of ice into the parks? Wondering if that is still acceptable?

Not recently. But we drove and had a cooler packed with ice in a freezer bag and drinks. Was very nice to have a cold drink once we reached the car. So hot in Florida!!

I’m not sure what they are allowing for medical purposes. I know first aid had ice, not for consumption though. My son had to wear a cooling vest for years, and pre-Covid, they would store his ice packets or give us bags of ice to keep it in our cooler. He no longer needs the vest, so I’m not sure how first aid handles things that need frozen or refrigerated.

We are here now, please feel free to ask me anything you are curious about. We are from Atlanta and came for a resort stay last month and were comfortable enough with that preview to come again, this time for limited park entry as well.

This time we splurged on a preferred one bedroom at SSR with the AP rate. Hot take: for this kind of trip, this is my new favorite resort. The room itself is gorgeous and we are using the kitchen more than we have on any other trip. Pancakes and bacon this morning, brought more groceries than usual. We can walk to Disney Springs which is the reason we booked this room because last time we were not happy with the resort dining offerings.

Enjoying our favorite restaurants is one of the reasons we return to Disney over and over again - I’m still here for the food but we learned from our resort stay in July that the food options right now don’t really work for our vacation style. The resort QS options are so limited - be prepared for many QS and TS menus to have like 5 entrees and that’s it. They are very pared down. I wanted nachos last night and we were planning to go to Paradiso 37 and checked the menu and they’re gone.

We like to eat dinner late - most restaurants are closing by 8 on weekdays right now, some at 9 - and this is at DS where normally you see restaurants open til midnight. We are still struggling with this and we knew about it from July. Just plan ahead and know you may need to adjust on the fly and potentially order in! Boathouse looks to be open until 11. I wish I’d known this last night but will file it in my brain for future use.

We have only been to MK and Epcot so far (as well as DS) but I would say so far, bring multiple masks and lots of different kinds. We are liking the surgical kind. I got a box of 50 from Office Depot for $15 after I saw people post about them here on the Boards. I didnt realize how quickly they’d get sweaty/stinky so I’m glad I brought a lot extra. I also brought both hand-safe wipes and disinfecting wipes. I wiped all the light switches and remotes in the room even if they are supposed to be cleaned more frequently. There is hand sanitizer readily available in the parks but I like my wipes.

Bring rain gear - it felt right to have our own ponchos and umbrellas when it started raining yesterday so that we didn’t even consider compromising our risk aversion/acceptance standards to shelter from the rain.

I also brought our camelbak for the first time ever to be sure we had water close at hand - normally I rely on free QS ice water but I dont want to have to worry about that this trip. We had Pecos Bill for lunch today and they gave us 4 small (kids) cups of ice water when we asked but they didn’t have much ice. They were easily gone by the time we finished lunch! It was hotter than heck today. Definitely recommend cooling towels, lots of water and shade, and personal fans. I bought a dual neck fan for my husband on a recommendation from a Facebook group and we like it a lot so far. Gets about an hour of runtime on high per charge: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07S28R7N4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It’s a little weird that they aren’t running trams - we were able to park super close to the Epcot entrance yesterday so that was great. However today we parked in Zurg at the TTC and were directed to a spot farther down the row and more rows back than would have been ideal without the tram. I got a blister walking around today so every step back to the car was noticeable. 🥴 On our way into MK today around 1:30 there were a total of eight people on the ferry (we were two of them). That was wild.

I have been going to the Disney parks regularly for the last 6 years (and Universal, but less often) - normally I’m here at least every 2-3 months, and I’m used to the steps and my feet are acclimated. But this time it’s been 5+ months since I’ve been in a theme park and my feet are so mad today and we really didn’t walk as much as usual. So bring a lot of broken in shoes and don’t get your callouses shaved before your trip!!!

I am reluctant to even say anything about “mask compliance” because I don’t think my experience really helps other people since the guests here with us today won’t be the same ones you see tomorrow or next month. But I have generally been impressed and have seen cast member corrections of non-compliance. I have only seen one person indoors not wearing a mask (other than restaurants of course) and that is where my personal line is. I turned around and left.

One other random thing, a pressure washer compressor woke me up this morning at 6:00 AM on the dot. Not very happy. I’d gotten a push notification with the request to let the resort manager know if we had feedback so as I laid in bed stewing about being awake an hour later I emailed about how loud it was. I had a response about an hour later - I was impressed with the response time but not with the substance letting me know they need to pressure wash the bus stops starting at 7:00 since buses start running at 8:00. I hope they don’t do that EVERY morning at 7:00 :scared1:

We are having a great time. Let me know if I can help answer any questions!

Hotels are always noisy, either with maintenance or rude ppl next-door or running down hallways. I always bring a few pairs of earplugs and wear them to sleep, especially since I'm a very light sleeper.

My daughters and I spent a short weekend celebrating a birthday. We arrived Friday morning at the Polynesian, resort hopped, and spent the afternoon in the pool before heading over to Disney Springs for dinner.
I thought the Poly was closed until October? I'm trying to get a reservation at 'Ohana but it's still listed as closed.

I also brought our camelbak for the first time ever to be sure we had water close at hand - normally I rely on free QS ice water but I dont want to have to worry about that this trip. We had Pecos Bill for lunch today and they gave us 4 small (kids) cups of ice water when we asked but they didn’t have much ice. They were easily gone by the time we finished lunch! It was hotter than heck today. Definitely recommend cooling towels, lots of water and shade, and personal fans. I bought a dual neck fan for my husband on a recommendation from a Facebook group and we like it a lot so far. Gets about an hour of runtime on high per charge: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07S28R7N4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

We are having a great time. Let me know if I can help answer any questions!
Sounds like a great getaway to me! We purchased something very similar to your personal fans for our trip to the GE Passholder preview and subsequent August trip last year. I must say, they help a lot, especially coupled with the cooling towels. We may have to look into Camelbaks. Is that a brand name?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter