- Only social distancing issue we had this morning was in queue for HM. Like I said above, sometimes it’s moving too fast and you try to give the party ahead of you room to move, but the people behind us were on us for the entire time we were stopping and going. Two CMs didn’t say anything. If we hadn’t gotten through so quickly I was about to ask them to give me some space.

I've seen mulitple complaints about people behind one's party moving forward too quickly. My suggestion is to let them get ahead of you in the line, so you can maintain your own distance.

We will try for sure, just hope Im not sick if I do it. We are soooo looking forward to being out of town, not much will ruin this trip. Thank you!
I don't think you'll get sick. I can't do ANY motion rides like Star Tours or any of the Universal rides and this one was fine. I can't give much away, but it's nowhere near as bad as Star Tours.

We are just back and had a great time! We are from small Missouri town where masks aren’t required and “social distancing” is usually joked about. (I am not saying that to be rude, snarky, etc just giving perspective as to where I’m coming from to get acclimated to a place like Disney where it’s the norm.) As far as Disney travels, we come once a year and use FP+, rider swap, rope drop, park close, etc to our advantage as much as possible...here are my thoughts. Just DH and I this trip, left the kids at home to feel it out for a future trip.

Travel Dates: Aug 28-31 at POP
Pros: Friday at Epcot was fantastic. Everything was walkon, we were the only people in our China show, the only line we encountered was at park close at Test Track. 55 min (although I’m pretty sure that was inflated) but after getting up at 3:30am we skipped it as we had already ridden it. World Showcase got noticeably more crowded as locals showed up after work. Not crazy, but there weren’t 6 feet between parties in many areas. Im not sure how they could do it, but making WS one way after 4-5pm night could help. As previous posters mentioned, there was no social distancing in Mouse Gear at park close, except at the checkouts. 2-3 minute wait for Skyliner back to PoP.
Saturday-HS day we knew it would be the most crowded so decided to put it on Saturday in hopes that the crowds on the other days would pay off and it did, but Saturday there was nuts! I’m not talking Precovid nuts, but just a generally busy day. We just felt there wasn’t anywhere to turn to really get away from the crowds. We arrived at 9:15 and were able to walk on MMRR, Slinky, Aliens and had a 20 min wait for Smugglers Run. But after we got off that, it was like a light switch. I was never uncomfortable, but all the stores were full of people in Galaxy’s edge, you couldn’t find an empty table at quick service. RotR was having a rough day and that wasn’t helping the crowds as people kept hanging around. We even did Muppets and the theater was at capacity limits. All in, we spent about 2 1/2 hours attempting to ride and finally did, about 3pm. Our initial boarding time was around 12:30 but it broke down at group 31 (we were 35). A huge storm rolled in while we were in line, and by the time we got off about 4pm, crowds had dissipated to what I would have considered manageable, realistic crowds for distancing. We walked past many of the stores and half the people were in them than had been before. We Were able to accomplish all the rides between 4-7pm again. Short wait again for the Skyliner. Like I said, we knew that day would be crowded but if parks are like that all the time, I would not be interested in bringing my kids. I really missed FP when we tried ToT and RnRC at 1:30 And both lines said 45 min and were snaked out outside the buildings and CMs were putting more rope up. Normally I would have FP those back to back and been on my way. They might have been closer to 20 min in reality but our Rise started working again so we hightailed it back.

Sun at MK was great. We were on the first Pop bus and were able to ride 7DMT 2x, Pan, HM, BTMRR, Splash 2x, Pirates, Carpets, and Jungle by about 11ish?There were people milling about but MKs walkways seem a lot bigger or we were just able to avoid people better than at HS. We did Tiki, Country Bears and Presidents before heading back to Fanstasyland and starting at LM, Dumbo, Teacups, Speedway, Buzz, Space and CoP before a 4pm dinner at the Plaza. It could not have gone more perfect. The longest wait we had was 25 for Space but we walked the whole time. After dinner at 5pm we finished with Small world, Philharmagic, Pooh, and was able to make it to BTMRR and Splash right before close. We couldn’t have asked for a better day and had wished we had the kids! That being said, although we walked on everything, I still felt like we had to have a game plan to get the headliners done and a good rope drop strategy is still important. Splash and BTMRR stayed at 40-50 min during the day. But since we had done them early we didn’t check to see how accurate they were till the end of the night.

AK on Monday was heaven. Walk on everything as many times as you wanted. No touring strategy needed. We actually waited longer for FoP at rope drop than we did mid day.

Social distancing was fine in the lines. Everyone messed up every now and then, but would quickly correct. No one got snippy or upset that we saw. Just appreciative and courteous to others. Getting off rides/leaving shows is a different story. It was a blob every time. If you are a strict social distance person, you will definitely want to take it upon yourself to hang back for a minute. The thing we found the hardest, are we are quick walkers and it was tricky to get around people while still giving them space.

I am prone to motion sickness but it usually doesn’t bother me at WDW. I found with the mask, I wasn’t Getting enough air on some of the rides and even got a little queasy on Pandora. A wet towel behind the neck helped considerably!

All around we had a great time! I felt safe the whole time. I did miss FP plus on the most crowded days but as long as you go mid-week/non holiday there is no need for it!

I've seen mulitple complaints about people behind one's party moving forward too quickly. My suggestion is to let them get ahead of you in the line, so you can maintain your own distance.
I'll second this. I did that a couple times last week when people behind me were obviously anxious and wanting to hurry forward. Just a simple, "Please go ahead - I'm moving slow today!" with a friendly tone and they were on their way and I was comfortable keeping my distance.

Today was DHS day! We drove and arrived at the gate at 9:10, it took around 10 mins to get through the line. Got a great parking spot - 1st row right on the end next to the walkway. Security was a breeze, we got tapped in around 9:40.

We headed back to SDD - shocked there weren't more people there. We got into the line and I started to bite my nails as we were definitely going to board right as 10am rolled around. We were joking with the parties around us that we would be trying to get a BG while on the ride! We boarded at 9:57 - I kept staring at my phone while screaming on SDD. We all jumped out at 9:59, and still were able to get BG 11!! I was so happy and relieved. Time to get coffee.

We hit Star Tours and this was the one ride I thought was a bit dodgy. We weren't crammed in by any means, but the small space made me and DH go "Hmmm....maybe that wasn't a good idea." We actually skipped MFSR because of the enclosed experience. We meandered through Galaxy's Edge for 15 mins before our BG got called. We waited in line for 20 minutes before actually going into the pre-show room. Not too bad. Then another 10 mins in the interrogation room(s). It was worth it - we got our own ride vehicle and my goodness what a great ride. My 3rd time doing it and was still blown away.

We finished up with RnRr - we waited about 20 mins total because as soon as we got in line, they announced that they were cleaning it.

We left at 12:45 - going back in for dinner and to see if we can try MMRR and/or SDD one more time before dinner at Brown Derby.

Overall this was by far the most crowded I've seen the parks. And the first time since I've been back that I felt it was riskier than other parks - only because of amount of people, not due to behavior. A lot of the rides are indoor queues. My experience was excellent in terms of social distancing and mask compliance. I only saw one CM have to ask someone to pull the mask up above the nose and the guy listened.

So I recommend doing weekday trips to DHS if you can help it. I am so excited to do AK tomorrow on our last day. I have a good feeling about it. :D

Just back from 4 nights at the Yacht Club. Overall a terrific trip. One small (but noticeable to a Disney nerd) detail that I hadn't seen reported is that Stacey and the must-dos are no longer playing on the resort TV. The channel is still titled Must-Dos but it is all different clips of Live with Kelly and Ryan and other stuff. Not sure if because no more park hopping, the in-park video doesn't show masks and distancing, or all of the above, but I always have Stacey on in the background. No big deal but I missed her. :rotfl:

Resort and parks were significantly more crowded Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. I am fairly conservative in terms of the social distance I'm comfortable with and the park crowds on weekends were a bit beyond my comfort level. We experienced a few downpours and in those moments especially it seemed like distancing was abandoned in an effort to find cover - not in a malicious way, just temporarily forgetting the requirements. Week days, however, were a delight.

We dined indoors several times and felt comfortable. Tiffins and Brown Derby share the gold medal with outstanding distancing but there was nowhere I was uncomfortable (dined at Biergarten, Topolino's, Ale & Compass, Via Napoli, Docking Bay 7, Martha's Vineyard lounge, Brown Derby, Tiffins). I was very pleased with all of the visible cleaning in parks, restaurants, and at the resort. They even regularly scrubbed the big globe in the Yacht Club lobby.

Just back from 4 nights at the Yacht Club. Overall a terrific trip. One small (but noticeable to a Disney nerd) detail that I hadn't seen reported is that Stacey and the must-dos are no longer playing on the resort TV. The channel is still titled Must-Dos but it is all different clips of Live with Kelly and Ryan and other stuff. Not sure if because no more park hopping, the in-park video doesn't show masks and distancing, or all of the above, but I always have Stacey on in the background. No big deal but I missed her. :rotfl:

Resort and parks were significantly more crowded Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. I am fairly conservative in terms of the social distance I'm comfortable with and the park crowds on weekends were a bit beyond my comfort level. We experienced a few downpours and in those moments especially it seemed like distancing was abandoned in an effort to find cover - not in a malicious way, just temporarily forgetting the requirements. Week days, however, were a delight.

We dined indoors several times and felt comfortable. Tiffins and Brown Derby share the gold medal with outstanding distancing but there was nowhere I was uncomfortable (dined at Biergarten, Topolino's, Ale & Compass, Via Napoli, Docking Bay 7, Martha's Vineyard lounge, Brown Derby, Tiffins). I was very pleased with all of the visible cleaning in parks, restaurants, and at the resort. They even regularly scrubbed the big globe in the Yacht Club lobby.
Stacey is on the must do spanish channel, in English :) now you have to book another trip to watch

Good to see Brown Derby recommended. I have not been there in years. It will be my choice for reservation among others. Oh no no Stacey !

Going in late October and we're trying to decide which park to do two days at. Any recommendations based on recent experiences? We love all of them. We're kind of leaning Epcot so we can just do a day of relaxing/eating/drinking there.

all of the above, but I always have Stacey on in the background. No big deal but I missed her. :rotfl:
Nooooooooo, I am so sorry you didn’t know about the sneaky tip to check the Spanish version! I might have actually shed a tear when I thought she was really gone. Though to be honest I watch her at home on YouTube occasionally. R and I will quote her if the time is right 😂

So glad to hear you had a great stay otherwise!

Going in late October and we're trying to decide which park to do two days at. Any recommendations based on recent experiences? We love all of them. We're kind of leaning Epcot so we can just do a day of relaxing/eating/drinking there.

I would definitely recommend Epcot, it seems to be the least crowded (likely due to ample space) and also seems to have the most reservation availability, IMHO this is the best time to soak in all the little details of WS without the typical crowds. Enjoy!

We went to magic kingdom today...and it was great!
We were walking into the park by 8:45 and right onto the rides. Here’s a quick breakdown.
- Space mountain x 2 (walk on)
- Buzz lightyear (walk on)
- Carousel (walk on)
- 7DMT (10 minutes)
- Haunted Mansion (4 minutes)
- Splash Mountain (15 minutes -posted at 30)
- Big Thunder Railroad (10 minutes - posted at 25)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (10-15 minutes - posted at 30)
- Jungle Cruise (10 minutes - posted at 25)

Litterally all of that was done before 12:30pm (and with snack breaks)!!

We lucked out twice today. First, we walked to 7DMT and it was having “technical difficulties” so we rode the carousel. By the time we got off, I saw the ride was loading again and we went on in. We also lucked out on Splash Mountain. They started a cleaning cycle just as we finished and I saw the wait times jump up to 45+ minutes.

I would definitely recommend Epcot, it seems to be the least crowded (likely due to ample space) and also seems to have the most reservation availability, IMHO this is the best time to soak in all the little details of WS without the typical crowds. Enjoy!

Thanks for the encouragement. That was my line of thinking as well, so I'm glad to hear it makes sense.

For those who have been recently, generally speaking, how many hours in a day is it taking you to get through most/all of each park?

Currently planning our ADRs for our October trip. I've read that QS is limited, so we're planning more TS than usual. But, the planner in me knows how much time can be wasted with TS meals and I hate to do that when park hours are shortened to begin with. So, I'm curious about how long its taken you to do most or all of the open attractions in each of the parks. We will have one day per park, just two adults no kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter