MK today. We arrived about 8:30 and if was already decently busy. Walked on several rides until about 10am. Then it was pretty busy. Most rides were 35 + minutes the entire day. We waited 50 minutes for HM, small world,and sdmt. There was a point where we just had to get in the long line. It's never been this busy this week for us the 10 years we've been coming. I really think it's the reduced hours.

The lunch wait was the worst. They really need to get more quick service open. It took almost an hour to get our food. We ordered but then the window didn't open for 25 minutes. Then when the window opened it took almost 20 minutes for it to be "ready", then almost another 10 for it to actually be ready.

Really hoping crowds go away this week.

MK today. We arrived about 8:30 and if was already decently busy. Walked on several rides until about 10am. Then it was pretty busy. Most rides were 35 + minutes the entire day. We waited 50 minutes for HM, small world,and sdmt. There was a point where we just had to get in the long line. It's never been this busy this week for us the 10 years we've been coming. I really think it's the reduced hours.

The lunch wait was the worst. They really need to get more quick service open. It took almost an hour to get our food. We ordered but then the window didn't open for 25 minutes. Then when the window opened it took almost 20 minutes for it to be "ready", then almost another 10 for it to actually be ready.

Ugh that sucks and sounds so disappointing!

I think reduced hours+ all the discounts released+ increasing capacity + word getting out about how the cleanliness is and ppl feeling safe really is upping the crowds.

I go in less the 2 months and I worry that it'll just keep getting more crowded!

I'm used to fast passing everything and never waiting more than 15-20 minutes

So are we for sure they increased park capacity from the 20 or 30% that it was? Or is it that there arent as many no shows as there were before?

I think reduced hours+ all the discounts released+ increasing capacity + word getting out about how the cleanliness is and ppl feeling safe really is upping the crowds.

I go in less the 2 months and I worry that it'll just keep getting more crowded!

I just can't figure out why they decreased the hours, especially on the weekend, when the know how busy it is.

We are here now, came for a quick 2 days trip. Epcot yesterday and AK today. Crowds were MUCH bigger than when we were here in July. At AK today, FOP was consistently 75+minutes, and we walked on every time in July. Lines were long at F&W booths yesterday, and saw Frozen line wrapped around into China a couple of times. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not usual Disney summer time crowds. But significantly more crowded than 2 months ago. And while I still think mask compliance and social distancing are good and much better than stores at home, definitely not as high as 2 months ago. I chalk that up to more people there, more there that want to skirt the rules. But I WILL say, we saw SEVERAL CM’s telling people to put mask back on, pull up over nose, etc.

Last edited:
We are here now. Epcot yesterday (Saturday) and Animal Kingdom today (Sunday). Epcot yesterday was insane. That’s as busy as I’ve seen it in the past except no Fastpass, reduces hours, and limited food offerings. The cavalcades were a TERRIBLE idea because the already jammed walkways were shoved to the sides. It was not possible to effectively socially distance. Every attraction was consistently 45+ minutes all day.

Today in AK was not much better. With the exception of the first hour, every line was consistently normal operation time lengths. But, reduced hours and limited offerings in terms of food.

Went to Disney Springs tonight in search of XL masks. I should’ve taken a pic of the line just to get in World of Disney. At 8:00 at night. Ghirardelli has a super long line. We left at 9:00 tonight, a Sunday, and the place was still very busy.

I have no idea how they can justify these shorter hours and reduced food offerings. I’m praying it gets better during the week. If not we may just chalk up our losses, change our flights, and go home.

We are here now. Epcot yesterday (Saturday) and Animal Kingdom today (Sunday). Epcot yesterday was insane. That’s as busy as I’ve seen it in the past except no Fastpass, reduces hours, and limited food offerings. The cavalcades were a TERRIBLE idea because the already jammed walkways were shoved to the sides. It was not possible to effectively socially distance. Every attraction was consistently 45+ minutes all day.

Today in AK was not much better. With the exception of the first hour, every line was consistently normal operation time lengths. But, reduced hours and limited offerings in terms of food.

Went to Disney Springs tonight in search of XL masks. I should’ve taken a pic of the line just to get in World of Disney. At 8:00 at night. Ghirardelli has a super long line. We left at 9:00 tonight, a Sunday, and the place was still very busy.

I have no idea how they can justify these shorter hours and reduced food offerings. I’m praying it gets better during the week. If not we may just chalk up our losses, change our flights, and go home.
I think shorter hours are going to be the new norm even after the pandemic. Disney will realize we don't need to stay open until 10, 11, so they won't.

This is exactly what we are worried about. That we timed it that the crowds will feel normal but with no fast passes 😔 we leave Friday for two weeks but only 5 park days. Ugh. I’m stressed out about it all.

This is exactly what we are worried about. That we timed it that the crowds will feel normal but with no fast passes 😔 we leave Friday for two weeks but only 5 park days. Ugh. I’m stressed out about it all.
don't go in with any type of expectations...its a strange year...who knows what tomorrow brings...just go an d whatever it is have fun just because your in Disney

I think shorter hours are going to be the new norm even after the pandemic. Disney will realize we don't need to stay open until 10, 11, so they won't.
True. And I agree. Disney is going to do whatever they can to reduce operating costs and make up some ground on the income. But even just 8:00 would be nice. Restaurants close early. Resort shops close early. The monorail doesn’t run in the evenings. It’s lots of reductions but the people are here.

We're here now. EP yesterday (Saturday) but we didn't do many rides, only Soarin' at closing (we waited about thirteen minutes of the listed thirty-five). Food lines were long but not unbearable. We easily got in the showplace and lines went down later in the afternoon

Today we were at MK. It was definitely busy by midmorning and there was more blatant mask noncompliance than anticipated, but I never felt personally in danger. Offenders were generally walking by with chin straps, etc. In line, there were few problems, just the occasional sip of water or accidentally forgetting about distance but correcting it. Mobile order was a problem all day

Wait times were mostly overestimated, at Pirates (15), Peter Pan (20), HM (a long walk but only 15 min), even SDMT(30 minutes including a rain storm) However, we did wait forty-five minutes at small world and twenty five at barn-stormer. Oh, and we were the group that broke Splash mtn this morning 😀

Tomorrow, we're going to HS. Debating Lyft or bus from BLT.

True. And I agree. Disney is going to do whatever they can to reduce operating costs and make up some ground on the income. But even just 8:00 would be nice. Restaurants close early. Resort shops close early. The monorail doesn’t run in the evenings. It’s lots of reductions but the people are here.
Its so depressing...nothing like being in the park at night...place is so magical....will change vacationing. Love going in the am...back to hotel for afternoon swim and lunch...then to the park at around 6:00 for the night. Those days may unfortunately be over even when this pandemic ends

We were worried we’d miss out on the lower attendance, too. I’m starting to think maybe we did. Oh well. It’s par for the 2020 course. Enjoying the time with my family regardless.

We were worried we’d miss out on the lower attendance, too. I’m starting to think maybe we did. Oh well. It’s par for the 2020 course. Enjoying the time with my family regardless.
I know people going want the super low crowds, but there is little bit of comfort to see the parks getting more crowded

Its so depressing...nothing like being in the park at night...place is so magical....will change vacationing. Love going in the am...back to hotel for afternoon swim and lunch...then to the park at around 6:00 for the night. Those days may unfortunately be over even when this pandemic ends

I know it’s not the same but if you’re willing to adjust your expectations, you can basically swap pool and PM park time so that you’re in parks til early close for probably the same amount of hours as you’re used to and then back at the hotel for dinner and night swimming. I also love parks after dark (and fireworks!) but we really enjoyed the more restful PM dinner/swim vs being exhausted and cranky exiting the parks at night w the flood of crowds.

As far as reduced hours, I think if they just opened an hour later and opened a couple more QS places, that would help so much. I would think they wouldn't wait much longer to do it. I don't think they'll go to closing early permanently, I really don't. Because fireworks and nighttime activities draw people, people spend money and the longer people stay in the park, the more money they spend. Honestly, I was shocked that announced closing at 6 this month. Clearly they have enough people to justify opening, I guess they are cutting the hours for employees.

It does sound stressful! Especially when now is supposed to be the time that it isn't stressful due to "lower crowds" and not having to plan so much.

I think for me, I'm going with no/ low expectations & just going to make the best of it.

Also, I think we definitely missed out on the super low crowds but let's not forget how hot it was! 😋😜🥵🥵

We are going to Epcot Saturday and MK Sunday and I’m a little concerned about crowd sizes for the weekend now after seeing the reports from the past 2 days. Any suggestions? Get to MK at 8 and Epcot parking lot at 10? Thanks

This has been the biggest issue since opening, lunch time
My recommendation would be, if you know what location and approximate time you want to eat mobile order early in the day without hitting the last (prepare my meal) button. That way you basically are reserving your meal time
So at 9 or 10am if you think you'll want to eat around 12:30pm, go on the app, the restaurant you want and click that time period (usually go in 20 min increments) at that time of day (9am or 10am) you will most likely see all the times available, pick your time, order your food and when you get to the restaurant at noon you won't have to wait for a window to open just wait for your food to be made
I hope that all makes sense
In the end it basically works just like an ADR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter