If I just Uber directly to Epcot what time can we be dropped off? Not sure what time they open for parking etc..thank you !

I understand what you are saying, however, if people paid attention and moved efficiently through, the wait times wouldn’t build to what they are. In lines as long as they were this week and with the heat/humidity, it matters

As the previous poster stated, people not moving efficiently in lines really only affects wait times if it is near the immediate front of the queue and actually slows down the boarding process. Beyond that, any gaps caused by people not paying attention to the line moving in front of them are not causing any delays because in almost all circumstances the people will start moving only to catch up to the line ahead of them. So while it may cause the actual line to be longer than it should, it really wouldn't affect total wait times.

As the previous poster stated, people not moving efficiently in lines really only affects wait times if it is near the immediate front of the queue and actually slows down the boarding process. Beyond that, any gaps caused by people not paying attention to the line moving in front of them are not causing any delays because in almost all circumstances the people will start moving only to catch up to the line ahead of them. So while it may cause the actual line to be longer than it should, it really wouldn't affect total wait times.

Based on my experience with this last week, the gaps were happening throughout. On PoC it was so bad that people were passing groups and walking around them. At one point a group of 7 got passed twice and spent a good chunk of time trying to figure out where they felt they were. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Then there was another incident where a woman lost her companion completely only to discover that she was up all the way by boat assignments

Again, I am just relaying what I experienced.

The question was this: "Best resort to get dropped off with Lyft to walk to Epcot In the am?"

Not sure how well it would work if Beach Club ever prohibits people who aren't staying there from arriving in a motor vehicle unless they have an ADR or a mobile order. (Not saying that they would, just pondering it.)

The quick service restaurant is Beach Club Marketplace - can you mobile order there? I haven't read about it starting there.

Cape May Cafe is a buffet restaurant which has not reopened since the pandemic started.

Beaches & Cream table service restaurant is a hard ADR to get, and it is not open for breakfast.

Martha's Vineyard Lounge doesn't take ADRs, as far as I know. I don't know what their hours are.

Hurricane Hannah's is out by the pool; I don't know if it takes mobile order and I don't think it is open for breakfast.

I realize that people staying at Beach Club Villas can walk over to Yacht Club to eat. This is not a "where are you going to eat if you are staying at BCV" post. This is a "can you use restaurants as a reason to go to BC in the morning if you need a reason" post.

Yacht Club has the Market at Ale and Compass quick service restaurant, which I believe does take mobile order. It has Ale & Compass table service restaurant, which does take ADRs.

On the other hand, the Boardwalk Bakery does take mobile order, from what I have read.

Thank for all of the details!!! I think we are going to mobile order Boardwalk Bakery to avoid any issues getting into the resort. Then walk over. :).

Boardwalk and Beach Club are pretty much the same distance to the International Gateway - both also have table service and quick service if you wanted to arrange to get a bite to eat when you are dropped off. Quick service restaurants - you can do a mobile order in advance and just grab it to go.

How far is the walk from these?

We just returned Saturday night. We had a great time. I was concerned from some of the reviews that I had seen but our experience was great!! We ate table service each day (1 meal) and felt safe each time. In Sci-Fi the cars were close together as always but they were only seating certain ones. In other places the tables had been removed.

It was very hot and the mask did not help this. We spent a lot of time on the side eating or drinking which took time. However, this made us slow down and just enjoy the time there!! We found the ride times to be shorter the first weekend and Columbus Day than the following Thursday and Friday. The end of the week was much busier and more crowded. Our first Sunday we were at Animal Kingdom and the lines (early) were about 5 minutes for Everest. On Thursday the wait was 35 minutes and I think it was probably more as the line wrapped around to Dinoland. It was the same for the other rides. We actually gave up on Animal Kingdom on Thursday after lunch and headed to Disney Springs. Disney Springs was not crowded since all of the parks were still open.

The wait for the bus went quickly and they had a ton of busses to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. Even though they are only loading so many we still got on relatively quickly. We were two mobility devices and always were able to ride together since we were in the same party.

Mobile ordering was fine except for at Pop. It was just crowded and there was a lot of waiting.

I may not stay at Pop again unless they have busses going to Epcot and DHS. The skyliner is fine except the crowds and lines for it are very very long and you are waiting in the sun.

The cast members were working extremely hard to make sure that masks were worn and that social distancing was kept. There was not nearly as much discussions with the cast members as they were busy with other things this trip. I did see them cleaning several times but not after each ride. I wasn't too worried as there is hand sanitizer everywhere so we just washed our hands and sanitized.

The calvacades were fun and we enjoyed them even more than the parades as they were quick. We even saw Pooh in Epcot chasing butterflies beside Imagination back on the grass!!

I was worried without fastpasses it would be a mess. It really wasn't as the lines were moving so quickly. We used my son's DAS for several rides which helped our ride times. We got a boarding group for Rise and were able to ride Runaway Railway!

We saw most people moving to the side to eat and drink but not everyone but the cast members were quick to remind them. Mask compliance was very high and I was really surprised. We did see a few people with them off but that wasn't the norm.

Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat. The magic is still there. We took our time and really tried to soak in the atmosphere. I took a ton of pictures of the castle which I don't normally do just because it was so nice to be back.

I am trying to figure out another time to get away for the weekend soon. I doubt it would happen but I wouldn't hesitate. Was is different? Yes. But it was still awesome and magical.

We just returned Saturday night. We had a great time. I was concerned from some of the reviews that I had seen but our experience was great!! We ate table service each day (1 meal) and felt safe each time. In Sci-Fi the cars were close together as always but they were only seating certain ones. In other places the tables had been removed.

It was very hot and the mask did not help this. We spent a lot of time on the side eating or drinking which took time. However, this made us slow down and just enjoy the time there!! We found the ride times to be shorter the first weekend and Columbus Day than the following Thursday and Friday. The end of the week was much busier and more crowded. Our first Sunday we were at Animal Kingdom and the lines (early) were about 5 minutes for Everest. On Thursday the wait was 35 minutes and I think it was probably more as the line wrapped around to Dinoland. It was the same for the other rides. We actually gave up on Animal Kingdom on Thursday after lunch and headed to Disney Springs. Disney Springs was not crowded since all of the parks were still open.

The wait for the bus went quickly and they had a ton of busses to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. Even though they are only loading so many we still got on relatively quickly. We were two mobility devices and always were able to ride together since we were in the same party.

Mobile ordering was fine except for at Pop. It was just crowded and there was a lot of waiting.

I may not stay at Pop again unless they have busses going to Epcot and DHS. The skyliner is fine except the crowds and lines for it are very very long and you are waiting in the sun.

The cast members were working extremely hard to make sure that masks were worn and that social distancing was kept. There was not nearly as much discussions with the cast members as they were busy with other things this trip. I did see them cleaning several times but not after each ride. I wasn't too worried as there is hand sanitizer everywhere so we just washed our hands and sanitized.

The calvacades were fun and we enjoyed them even more than the parades as they were quick. We even saw Pooh in Epcot chasing butterflies beside Imagination back on the grass!!

I was worried without fastpasses it would be a mess. It really wasn't as the lines were moving so quickly. We used my son's DAS for several rides which helped our ride times. We got a boarding group for Rise and were able to ride Runaway Railway!

We saw most people moving to the side to eat and drink but not everyone but the cast members were quick to remind them. Mask compliance was very high and I was really surprised. We did see a few people with them off but that wasn't the norm.

Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat. The magic is still there. We took our time and really tried to soak in the atmosphere. I took a ton of pictures of the castle which I don't normally do just because it was so nice to be back.

I am trying to figure out another time to get away for the weekend soon. I doubt it would happen but I wouldn't hesitate. Was is different? Yes. But it was still awesome and magical.
Was it difficult to get the DAS pass? We have a member of our family who recently had knee surgery and were thinking about getting it. We dont think she will be able to stand in the lengthy lines. But willing to wait her turn if she can sit.

Was it difficult to get the DAS pass? We have a member of our family who recently had knee surgery and were thinking about getting it. We dont think she will be able to stand in the lengthy lines. But willing to wait her turn if she can sit.
I’d recommend you check out the disABILITIES section of Disboards for more information on the DAS.

In short (to save you the trip over there), Disney states that the DAS is not for mobility issues. They recommend that you use other methods to cope with that, including a mobility device (renting a wheelchair or ECV).

As (nearly) all lines are wheelchair accessible, there isn’t a need for individuals using mobility devices to bypass the line due to their device.

If you have needs that go beyond mobility (e.g. cognitive disability), then the DAS may be an option for your group. Ultimately, it’s up to the CM at Guest Services to decide whether the individual should be issued a DAS or not.

Have you considered renting a scooter? This would allow her to sit through the lines. We used one after my mom's hip surgery (and each trip since) and it was amazing! She was able to enjoy her trip much more fully. DAS is not intended for mobility issues.

DAS isn’t for mobility issues. Most likely a wheelchair will be recommended.

I’d recommend you check out the disABILITIES section of Disboards for more information on the DAS.

In short (to save you the trip over there), Disney states that the DAS is not for mobility issues. They recommend that you use other methods to cope with that, including a mobility device (renting a wheelchair or ECV).

As (nearly) all lines are wheelchair accessible, there isn’t a need for individuals using mobility devices to bypass the line due to their device.

If you have needs that go beyond mobility (e.g. cognitive disability), then the DAS may be an option for your group. Ultimately, it’s up to the CM at Guest Services to decide whether the individual should be issued a DAS or not.

This, I second checking out the DISability forum.

What do you mean by this? I plan on carrying a small cross body bag with just sanitizer, phone, wallet, sunglasses. Will just my phone need to be put in a bin?

MK still has the old metal detectors. So everything metal has to come out of your pockets and bag and go on the table. I recommend putting that stuff in a plastic bag and holding it open for the cm so that it doesn’t touch the bin and cm doesn’t touch the stuff.

Best resort to get dropped off with Lyft to walk to Epcot In the am?
If you don't have a dining reservation or mobile order, I would suggest the Swan for drop off since they don't require you to be a guest or have a dining reservation. The walk to International Gateway is not bad, just walk from Swan through the Boardwalk to Epcot.

We are going in November and have modified expectations. It was supposed to be a 40th birthday trip with friends on rented DVC points, but with COVID no friends want to go anymore and I was stuck with the rental and don't want to lose the money, so my DD and I are going to drive down. This is the first time I will have a car on property as I don't want to use bus transportation. I'm looking for advice on what time to drive to the parks for rope drop.

Park open the week we are there is:
EP (11 a.m.)
MK (9 a.m.) (curious also here what time the ferry/monorail from TTC will start)
AK (8 a.m.)
HS (10 a.m.) (I know best advice is uber/lyft to resort close enough to walk, but not interested in doing that)

We'll be staying at AKL. Thanks in advance

As someone who got spoiled by BWV walk to DHS this past december, can we , as guests this November at copper creek w/ our own car, park at BWV w/o any sort of meal reservation (?)

You can also get dropped off at Swan or Dolphin without any meal ressie and walk over to the IG. Not much farther then the Disney hotels which may stop you at the guard gate.
If you don't have a dining reservation or mobile order, I would suggest the Swan for drop off since they don't require you to be a guest or have a dining reservation. The walk to International Gateway is not bad, just walk from Swan through the Boardwalk to Epcot.
Something else to keep an eye on if getting dropped off at the Swan is that the Friendship boats were spotted testing yesterday. When they’re up and running the boats leave Swan and Dolphin and head directly you DHS without any other stops.

With mobile ordering in the mornings, how far before opening can you place the order? For instance, if they open at 7:30, do you have to wait until 7:30 to place the order, or does the app allow you to place it say like a half hour or hour prior?
wondering this myself.

Something else to keep an eye on if getting dropped off at the Swan is that the Friendship boats were spotted testing yesterday. When they’re up and running the boats leave Swan and Dolphin and head directly you DHS without any other stops.
That assumes S/D use the boats. After switching from Disney to Mears buses they may not use any Disney transportation. The boats could sail right past that dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter