We drove over last week and were parked by 9:10. In line for Slinky Dog at 9:30. Got on the ride about 10:05. Toy Story Mania done about 10:35-10:40. Multiple Alien Swirling Saucers by 11:00. Then went to the Disney Jr. Dance Party at 11:15 (I think). Then RotR.

MMR had a consistent line of 60-70 minutes. While eating dinner, we overheard the next table say they waited over an hour and half due to cleaning. Its gonna be hard to squeeze that and SDD in but it may be possible.
Do you remember what time you arrived at the parking toll booth?

Do you remember what time you arrived at the parking toll booth?

Pulled out of our parking space at CBR at exactly 8:45.

Got to the toll booth area about 8:50. As we approached the entrance, we were basically in stand still traffic for only a moment before (I assume) they allowed the cars to drive up to the tool booth and wait. Waited there and they let the car start entering a minute or two before 9:00.

Got to the toll booth area about 8:50. As we approached the entrance, we were basically in stand still traffic for only a moment before (I assume) they allowed the cars to drive up to the tool booth and wait. Waited there and they let the car start entering a minute or two before 9:00.
This is encouraging to read. When we were there last month, we weren’t let into the parking lot/past the toll booth until 9:15. I felt like this put us a serious disadvantage. We were among the first 15-20 cars into the parking lot and hurried to the temperature screening tent, but we were already way behind the big crowd. We rushed to MMR and learned the queue was at capacity!

We’re heading back at Thanksgiving, and I’m trying to come up with a different plan so that we aren't at the disadvantage that we were driving last time. We’re staying for 5 nights at CCV, and I actually decided to book a night in the middle of our stay at YC. I don’t know that I’m going to go with it, but it would give us the huge advantage of being able to walk to HS and arrive early, and we would be able to swim at our favorite Disney pool for two days (the previous day we’re at Epcot, and it will be nice not to have to deal with the parking lot there...last month I lost the rental car in the parking lot!! My first experience driving at Disney :rotfl2: ).

Thank you!

Posted some of this in the big thread on the Rumors board but wanted to put here too with a little more detail.

Was at DHS yesterday and on the first bus from our resort (CSR), but we were held at temp check (and a fair amount of people in front of us). Once that opened up, we got through very quickly and DD and I waited maybe 20 minutes for MMRR. DD didn't want to ride MFSR and waited by Rise while I walked over to get on that line just before official park open. I was off by around 10:25 and it had jumped up to a 45 min. wait (it was listed as 5 when I got on line, but I waited slightly longer).

It looks they started boarding Rise prior to park opening, but not sure how early. We were group 11 and was called just prior to 10; we had until 10:50 to get there. Rise looked to have a great day yesterday.

After RoTR (awesome! and appeared everything was working), we put in a mobile order at Backlot Express to try some of the Christmas treats (breakfast lol) and it was at Backlot's 11 a.m. opening when we picked up our order. Then we did Star Tours, Frozen, watched calvacades, wandered around, did the Visa magic shot over at Launch Bay and had lunch at H&V at 2:30.

Wait times weren't bad. DD used her DAS three times in total yesterday (two MMRR once afternoon - once at night, and once for Star Tours.) Standby wasn't long starting in the afternoon. We went back to Star Tours (walk on), then also walked on to Aliens and Midway. Did not ride ToT or RnR since DD can't do those rides (or Slinky). While DD was doing MMRR at night I went on Slinky with a posted 40 minute wait around 5:45 pm, I waited 15 maybe? I got off Slinky at about the same time DD was off MMRR.

We stayed until after park close with a 7:15 Oga's reservation but they let us in about 6:55. I saw them take one walk up. It was only one person though, it looked like the CM was going to say no to walk up request until he asked "how many?" I overheard the single party tell the rest of his group he'd catch up with them. So they may or may not be taking smaller groups walk ups depending on capacity at the time.

Overall, DHS felt less busy than it did in mid-August. Not sure if it was a fluke or the BG process has people canceling if they don't get one or if the threat of the rain had to do with it? Maybe a combination of all three.

It did start raining late in the day and that seemed to clear the park out.

Edited to add: The one ride that did seem 60+ minutes all day was MMRR.

Last edited:
I managed to snag a 7:55PM reservation for Sci Fi next week. HS closes at 7PM that day, is this another glitch or has this been common to get dining times after park close?
I've not seen any ADRs that late after park closing, and I believe transportation only runs for 90 minutes after park closing anyhow. I would think its either a glitch, or possibly indicative of DHS extending park hours. What day of the week is it? I know some park hours have been extended on weekend days, and they were extended over Columbus Day which is a busier time. With this week being Veterans Day, perhaps there will be some hours extended.

I'm at Disney Springs right now. Had an amazing breakfast at Homecomin. Now we're walking around. Walked right into the Co-OP. Was turned away at World of Disney. They said the line is closed and to come back in 15 or 20 minutes. Guess I'll save some money then.
Heading to Goofys now.
Lots of people but everyone is wearing masks. It's hard to get pictures of the trees because people are sitting in front of them.
I'm surprised they turned you away at World of Disney! When we were there two weeks ago, they had people lining up down the back sidewalk when the number of people increased so that they could keep better tabs on the number entering and exiting.

We were disappointed by Goofy's. No custom rice krispie treats and very few snacks in the case. The pre-packaged rice krispie treats were boring.

How often is DS reaching capacity?
Are they monitoring DS capacity with it being outdoors? I know individual stores are, but there were points when the walkways at DS felt busy. I'm not sure whether anyone counted us in as we were going through the temperature check, but I know for certain that no one counted us out when we exited to go to the buses down by AMC. So if they are monitoring it somehow, I'm not sure its effective.

I've not seen any ADRs that late after park closing, and I believe transportation only runs for 90 minutes after park closing anyhow. I would think its either a glitch, or possibly indicative of DHS extending park hours. What day of the week is it? I know some park hours have been extended on weekend days, and they were extended over Columbus Day which is a busier time. With this week being Veterans Day, perhaps there will be some hours extended.

I'm surprised they turned you away at World of Disney! When we were there two weeks ago, they had people lining up down the back sidewalk when the number of people increased so that they could keep better tabs on the number entering and exiting.

We were disappointed by Goofy's. No custom rice krispie treats and very few snacks in the case. The pre-packaged rice krispie treats were boring.

Are they monitoring DS capacity with it being outdoors? I know individual stores are, but there were points when the walkways at DS felt busy. I'm not sure whether anyone counted us in as we were going through the temperature check, but I know for certain that no one counted us out when we exited to go to the buses down by AMC. So if they are monitoring it somehow, I'm not sure its effective.
Park transportation continues until the very last guest is out, they sometimes use one bus for several resorts late after closing so that's no issue, as far as DS there has been weekends when the garages have closed for capacity, since you have to park in one of those to go in that is one way of controlling, not sure if resort buses stop taking people in though

I don’t know either as this is new to me too. I’ve just read a few people asking here, ‘If DS reaches capacity...’ and wondered if this is possibly one of the many new things that might be happening right now?

Park transportation continues until the very last guest is out, they sometimes use one bus for several resorts late after closing so that's no issue, as far as DS there has been weekends when the garages have closed for capacity, since you have to park in one of those to go in that is one way of controlling, not sure if resort buses stop taking people in though
I know the Skyliner runs until 90 minutes after park closing, or at least it did when we were there two weeks ago. Are you saying they offer bus service for people at Skyliner resorts if they are leaving the park after the Skyliner is closed?

I've heard of DS garages closing to capacity too, but it doesn't seem to me that correlates to regulation of the number of people actually in Disney Springs since there are a few entry points currently and multiple modes of transportation. If they counted us in when we arrived at the rideshare drop-off entry point (the temp check tent near Earl of Sandwich), then I'm not sure what the purpose would have been because there was no one counting us out when we left near the AMC theater to get to the buses. Seems like it would be near impossible to keep an accurate count unless they had funneled exit points like they do entry points with people keeping tabs (similar to how they do at stores).

I know the Skyliner runs until 90 minutes after park closing, or at least it did when we were there two weeks ago. Are you saying they offer bus service for people at Skyliner resorts if they are leaving the park after the Skyliner is closed?

I've heard of DS garages closing to capacity too, but it doesn't seem to me that correlates to regulation of the number of people actually in Disney Springs since there are a few entry points currently and multiple modes of transportation. If they counted us in when we arrived at the rideshare drop-off entry point (the temp check tent near Earl of Sandwich), then I'm not sure what the purpose would have been because there was no one counting us out when we left near the AMC theater to get to the buses. Seems like it would be near impossible to keep an accurate count unless they had funneled exit points like they do entry points with people keeping tabs (similar to how they do at stores).
I don't think they count people but I do know the close the garages and entry points via individual car, again not sure what they do for resort guests arriving via bus
As for Skyliner resorts I am not sure they provide a bus after the skyliner closes since the only 2 resorts impossible to get to are CBR and RR, they might just have a bus for them 2, all the other ones you can walk or bus. But I do know for a fact that they will have transportation for everyone until the last guest leaves

Does anyone know how they are handling scooters at the Skyliner when coming from Pop? Do they wait in the line at CBR as well or do they go to the scooter entrance onto the Skyliner?

It’s on a Saturday and right now the park closes at 7PM.

We cancelled our first family trip to Disney bc of Covid, it should have been in September for our son’s 7th birthday. Back in April, I moved it to April 2021 bc i thought a year out should be time enough for some normalcy. But 6 months have passed and things are still the same. And as annoying as it might be, we’re becoming adjusted to “covid life”, wearing masks and working around things being limited. I very much feel ready for a family vacation, and my insistence that I wouldn’t travel to Disney with mask-wearing, no fireworks, and no character meets is fading. So what is it like there now? Will it still be magical for my 7 year old? Will he at least see characters like Buzz & Woody & Star Wars characters? Should we just go & not postpone again if things havnt changed? Do you think its worth it to go if he wont have character interactions? I understand this is very subjective of course, Im looking for different view points. Thanks!

Last edited:
We cancelled our first family trip to Disney bc of Covid, it should have been in September for our son’s 7th birthday. Back in April, I moved it to April 2021 bc i thought a year out should be time enough for some normalcy. But 6 months have passed and things are still the same. And as annoying as it might be, we’re becoming adjusted to “covid life”, wearing masks and working around things being limited. I very much feel ready for a family vacation, and my insistence that I wouldn’t travel to Disney with mask-wearing, no fireworks, and no character meets is fading. So what is it like there now? Will it still be magical for my 7 year old? Will he at least see characters like Buzz & Woody & Star Wars characters? Should we just go & not postpone again if things havnt changed?
Merged you to the thread with just back reports
As far as the characters you mentioned you can see the Pixar ones in the dhs cavalcade and sw characters at Galaxy's edge, no regular meet and greet are available. Make sure to check on mde and filter to entertainment and attractions to see what's being offered

Merged you to the thread with just back reports
As far as the characters you mentioned you can see the Pixar ones in the dhs cavalcade and sw characters at Galaxy's edge, no regular meet and greet are available. Make sure to check on mde and filter to entertainment and attractions to see what's being offered
Thanks!

Then we did Star Tours, Frozen, watched calvacades, wandered around, did the Visa magic shot over at Launch Bay and had lunch at H&V at 2:30.
Whats the Visa magic shot? Isnt this the pic with chewbacca or darth or kylo? I wanted very much to do this bc i have the disney visa card, but thought they dont do meeting characters now?

Hi All - This is my first post, though I have been lurking for a while. I'm looking for a little advice for a trip we have planned for December 18-23. (Please let me know if this isn't the right thread) Originally, we had a April 2020 trip planned that got canned due to COVID. As it currently stands, we have reservations with another family (4 adults, 2 kids ages 9 and 12) at Yacht Club, we have park reservations, and got good dining reservations. 4 of the 6 of us have never been to Disney. My son and I have. We are really struggling if we should reschedule again, mostly because of fears it won't be as magical as it otherwise might be due to COVID, especially for the first timers and because of the expected Christmas crowds (waits, plus safety fears). Does anyone have advice on how to best make the decision on whether to go or reschedule again?

Just got back from a short trip, 11/4 - 11/8, to celebrate DS turning 5. We only went to DHS and MK. We mostly took it easy and tried to enjoy the atmosphere. I definitely like the social distancing aspect of the parks. The lines feel much less claustrophobic and the walkways aren't as crowded as usual. Still, there are a lot more people than I would have expected, if not for this forum.

We are not rope droppers, but I was able to snag BG 33 from the comfort of my bed on Thursday Nov 5. We got to DHS around 11:30 am and took our time getting a stroller and walking around. We waiting in the SDD line for about 45 min for a posted 70 min wait. Then we did AS2, which was maybe a 15 min wait (thank goodness as this ride was my least favorite and reminded me or a bad carnival ride).

We went to SWGE next and as not much of a Star Wars fan I was honestly blown away by the land. They did an amazing job creating it. I kept checking the BG times, as it was almost 2 already and they were still on BG 28-30. My Dad was having trouble breathing in his mask because he has a heart condition and some cardiovascular issues (he's in his 70s) so he had to sit down and breathe in the relaxation station. This was when I really started getting annoyed with the masks. This may not be the place for debate, but let me just say that Covid is not the only thing that people die from. He's going to the doctor for a stress test this week and I'm worried for him. But I digress.

We went to grab a snack at Ronto Roasters and enjoyed the fresh air. The food... not so much. Maybe I had higher hopes? Finally it was time to ride RoTR at around 2:30 and let me tell you.... it was perfect! We got through without a hitch and it was every bit as amazing as I could have hoped. It literally was worth all the hassle and made the entire vacation.

Mama Melrose was next. It was fine but nothing to write home about. We just missed the 4:30 showing of the Frozen sing along but that was my fault for not paying closer attention to the time. Instead, we stood in line for almost the full 90 minutes for MMRR, suffocating through our masks. Dad gave up and pulled his down under his nose. We laughed that we should make a drinking game out of it. Every time a cast member told him to pull his mask up we could all do shots. Not really, obviously, but I said that to make him feel better. The rest of us kept them on properly of course, but you all really need to have sympathy for people with health conditions. Anyway, just as I was thinking maybe I made a mistake with MMRR, we made it though the line. And it was a hit! Ages 5-75 and all in between agreed it was so much fun! We wanted to ride again but eff that line.

So we scooted back to SWGE, without Dad, who needed to sit in the relaxation station again to breathe, so DS could build a droid for his birthday. Of course we had to build one for DD9 too. It was such a cute experience. Like build a bear for robots. The sun was setting over SWGE and the whole land transformed before our very eyes in the darkness. I wanted to linger but by this time it was creeping towards 7 and the park would be closing soon. The kids wanted to ride TSMM so we ran back and met Dad so we could get a final ride in. It was basically walk on at this point, which was great.

Afterwards we strolled through the park and enjoyed the atmosphere, which is the best at night. All in all, we didn't get a lot "done", but we did almost everything we wanted to and really enjoyed ourselves. We also learned that we needed a wheelchair for poor Dad, who about nearly passed out multiple times. A wheelchair greatly improved his MK day experience, even though he hated to admit that he needed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter