Can anyone weigh in on boat transportation from Epcot resorts to Epcot and HS? How has it been? Long lines, distanced, are they running somewhat on time? Feels like I haven’t seen much.
We took the boat from EPCOT to Yacht Club mid-afternoon earlier this week. Even though they are only filling every other row of seats it was not completely full so there was no wait. The boats seem to be running regularly and there is a plastic partition attached to back of seats that is around 2 feet high. It was ironic because the cast member on the boat kept repeating an announcement to keep 6 feet from others yet there were 5-6 cast members huddled together at the front of the boat (it looked like one of them was being trained.). They also encouraged everyone to use the sanitizer at the dock before boarding.

So apparently the lynx bus 303 goes to Hollywood Studios twice a day, with one of the times at 7:25 AM (leaving Disney Springs at 7:05). I’m wondering if it’s worth it to just do that and not have to worry about the whole hassle with not being able to drive in, having to rely on the resort buses, etc. Even though I’d be really early, I’d for sure be one of the first people there and definitely be there when the rides start running. When do they start running anyway?

I'm not to sure about this. But we only did the RD at DHS one day last week.

I can guarantee that no buses had arrived at DHS that early last week that day anyway.

As a matter of fact, the only people in line at all were from the EPCOT Resorts all the way up until close to 9AM (for a 10AM opening).

If there had been a 7:05 DS bus there would have been people in line ahead of us all. And nobody came from the bus stop while we were there that I saw.

However, with a 10AM opening-maybe nobody got off the bus just because it was too early?

On a more typical 8AM or maybe even 9AM-this is a bus that is indeed used those days?

So apparently the lynx bus 303 goes to Hollywood Studios twice a day, with one of the times at 7:25 AM (leaving Disney Springs at 7:05). I’m wondering if it’s worth it to just do that and not have to worry about the whole hassle with not being able to drive in, having to rely on the resort buses, etc. Even though I’d be really early, I’d for sure be one of the first people there and definitely be there when the rides start running. When do they start running anyway?

How would you get to Disney Springs?

If I could make a suggestion to folks who are contemplating a trip to WDW....

We were there Thanksgiving week. We decided to go on this trip just the week before so we started from scratch exactly 5 days prior to boarding our flight. We stayed at Holiday Inn - Disney Springs (first time at a non-Disney hotel) because the rate was 1/3 of the cost of a Disney hotel. We either used the hotel shuttle or walked to DS or Saratoga to board a Disney bus. We had no meal reservations as it was too late to book anything and obviously no Fastpasses. The only thing we had to do, because we were required to do so, was book park reservations. Once we booked the hotel we were able to get reservations for every park we wanted - visited all 4 and MK twice. We did not rope drop for the first time ever and got to each park right around opening and stayed until close each night. By far, on this last minute trip we rode more than we have ridden since they did away with the paper FP's and it wasn't even close. We even left MK to have lunch at The Wave and still got everything done that we wanted. It was easily the most relaxing trip ever because the only thing that was planned was the park we were visiting.

My suggestion would be, unless you have to have your entire day planned, to take it as it comes. We did whatever we felt like doing whenever we felt like doing it. We rode so many rides, ate so much food, and enjoyed being together as a family during this crazy time in the world. Wandering aimlessly through the parks was completely foreign to us as Disney hasn't allowed that in quite a number of years but it was very welcomed once we started experiencing it and it made for a very enjoyable trip.

I'm not to sure about this. But we only did the RD at DHS one day last week.

I can guarantee that no buses had arrived at DHS that early last week that day anyway.

As a matter of fact, the only people in line at all were from the EPCOT Resorts all the way up until close to 9AM (for a 10AM opening).

If there had been a 7:05 DS bus there would have been people in line ahead of us all. And nobody came from the bus stop while we were there that I saw.

However, with a 10AM opening-maybe nobody got off the bus just because it was too early?

On a more typical 8AM or maybe even 9AM-this is a bus that is indeed used those days?

Yes, it’s used every day. I think a lot of people don’t know about it (I only know because I wondered if there was a non-Disney bus that goes to HS, the boardwalk, etc). It looks like it drops you off at the cast bus stop and you can walk from there to the HS entrance. I’ll attach a screenshot with landmarks (like the bus stop, park entrance, etc) for reference

Attachments

• 5955D2D6-79AE-4AC5-9042-ACC323E7311E.jpeg
    5955D2D6-79AE-4AC5-9042-ACC323E7311E.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 52

Yesterday was EP for me. I had breakfast at Topolinos and then was told Skyliner would start til 11:15. I and several others did mobile orders at Boardwalk bakery so they would let us on early. Canceled the order after I got on. Lined up for temp screens and they started that around 11. Held us at the gate til about 11:20.

Could someone elaborate for me please? My plan was to take the Skyliner from Pop to HS around 9-10AM and walk over to Epcot for a 12PM opening.
I thought the Skyliner doesn’t operate to Epcot until closer to park opening and I didn’t want to deal with long lines at CBR.

I don’t mind grabbing some snacks from the bakery. So could I instead mobile order and use the Skyliner to get to Epcot around 10AM and save some walking?
Also, if this plan is okay, can my girlfriend wait in line at IG while I grab the food? Or would I not be able to get up to wherever she is as more people arrive?

If I could make a suggestion to folks who are contemplating a trip to WDW....

We were there Thanksgiving week. We decided to go on this trip just the week before so we started from scratch exactly 5 days prior to boarding our flight. We stayed at Holiday Inn - Disney Springs (first time at a non-Disney hotel) because the rate was 1/3 of the cost of a Disney hotel. We either used the hotel shuttle or walked to DS or Saratoga to board a Disney bus. We had no meal reservations as it was too late to book anything and obviously no Fastpasses. The only thing we had to do, because we were required to do so, was book park reservations. Once we booked the hotel we were able to get reservations for every park we wanted - visited all 4 and MK twice. We did not rope drop for the first time ever and got to each park right around opening and stayed until close each night. By far, on this last minute trip we rode more than we have ridden since they did away with the paper FP's and it wasn't even close. We even left MK to have lunch at The Wave and still got everything done that we wanted. It was easily the most relaxing trip ever because the only thing that was planned was the park we were visiting.

My suggestion would be, unless you have to have your entire day planned, to take it as it comes. We did whatever we felt like doing whenever we felt like doing it. We rode so many rides, ate so much food, and enjoyed being together as a family during this crazy time in the world. Wandering aimlessly through the parks was completely foreign to us as Disney hasn't allowed that in quite a number of years but it was very welcomed once we started experiencing it and it made for a very enjoyable trip.
As much as I will miss fastpass+, I do like not having to book every experience 180 days out. The only real stress is getting on ROTR...the rest I am going to try to take as they come. I am a planner, though, so it's been a bit weird.

As much as I will miss fastpass+, I do like not having to book every experience 180 days out. The only real stress is getting on ROTR...the rest I am going to try to take as they come. I am a planner, though, so it's been a bit weird.
I’m with you there! It’s so weird that I planned this Disney trip just 40 days in advance, and the idea of just getting in line for whichever ride has the shortest line instead of refreshing the app constantly for FP+ is just something I haven’t quite been able to process yet, LOL

Question - are they still giving you resort parking passes to place on your dashboard?
DVC staying at BLT and BWV
thanks
No, when you first arrive you'll check in with the guard at the gate, who will want to see your ID. After that, you'll use your MB (or room key card) to enter the parking lot.

Could someone elaborate for me please? My plan was to take the Skyliner from Pop to HS around 9-10AM and walk over to Epcot for a 12PM opening.
I thought the Skyliner doesn’t operate to Epcot until closer to park opening and I didn’t want to deal with long lines at CBR.

I don’t mind grabbing some snacks from the bakery. So could I instead mobile order and use the Skyliner to get to Epcot around 10AM and save some walking?
Also, if this plan is okay, can my girlfriend wait in line at IG while I grab the food? Or would I not be able to get up to wherever she is as more people arrive?
I would stick with your original plan. Who knows how long they will allow it

Yes, it’s used every day. I think a lot of people don’t know about it (I only know because I wondered if there was a non-Disney bus that goes to HS, the boardwalk, etc). It looks like it drops you off at the cast bus stop and you can walk from there to the HS entrance. I’ll attach a screenshot with landmarks (like the bus stop, park entrance, etc) for reference

Interesting. Nobody used it last week.

They must run to all the parks correct?

Interesting. Nobody used it last week.

They must run to all the parks correct?
Yes. Route 50 includes Disney Springs and the TTC. Route 56 doesn't go to Disney Springs, but it does go to the TTC (my Airbnb is close to a bus stop on this route). Both those routes run frequently throughout the day from very early to very late. Route 301 stops at Disney Springs and stops at the Epcot cast entrance and ends at Animal Kingdom. Route 303 also stops at Disney Springs and goes to Hollywood Studios. I'm not exactly sure where it drops people off though. Both those routes (301 and 303) only run once or twice a day, and the one that would be beneficial for rope drop leaves Disney Springs at 7:05 AM. They also stop at a few Disney resorts! (I think a couple other routes stop at more resorts)

Bus passes are $2 per ride or $16 for a 7-day unlimited pass, which I've already bought. I got all this info from this website: https://www.golynx.com/maps-schedules/routes-schedules.stml (google maps is also helpful with the bus feature)

I've never heard of anyone using public transportation to get to the parks, but I've figured this all out from the lynx website, and I'm going to try it out on my January trip and I can post in this thread how it goes.

Last edited:
We were there the week of Thanksgiving. had a wonderful trip. Tried to do as much rope dropping as usual, but also realized about halfway through the week, that it was WAY better to go back in the evenings....about 2-3 hours before closing. Wait times on the app were completely overstated for everything we went on. Like Test track said 60mins at 8:30PM , and it was an 18 min wait. we are still rope droppers, and do benefit from getting there as early as possible, riding several things, but we adjusted a bit to do rope drop, go back to resort/rest/pool/whatever, then back to parks at nights. Also mobile ordering for food was mostly good. I'd recommend still eating at off times. like we had no problems with ordering/eating at like 10:30/11:00 AM for lunch, etc. We had been been in Oct, and were already familiar with masks, line spacing, etc. I loved all the short character cavalcades. They are so fun! Enjoy them much better than parades.

Last edited:
We were there the week of Thanksgiving. had a wonderful trip. Tried to do as much rope dropping as usual, but also realized about halfway through the week, that it was WAY better to go back in the evenings....about 2-3 hours before closing. Wait times on the app were completely overstated for everything we went on. Like Test track said 60mins at 8:30PM , and it was an 18 min wait. we are still rope droppers, and do benefit from getting there as early as possible, riding several things, but we adjusted a bit to do rope drop, go back to resort/rest/pool/whatever, then back to parks at nights. Also mobile ordering for food was mostly good. I'd recommend still eating at off times. like we had no problems with ordering/eating at like 10:30/11:00 AM for lunch, etc. WE had been been in Oct, and was already familiar with masks, line spacing, etc. I loved all the short character cavalcades. They are so fun! Enjoy them much better than parades.

I'm hoping they add after 4 hopping, would be nice to go to a different park for the evening.

Although that new incentive might build up evening crowds a bit, and therefore actual wait times through closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter