• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hello All, I am so excited we leave in a week for a quick trip. Two questions that I have not seen answers too:

1. For the Disney Visa photos in HS and EP do I have to pay for the photo pass or memory maker or can I download them at no cost?

2. Is there anywhere that has gingerbread cookies? This is one of the main items I am so missing from DL this year.

TIA for your help.

1. The Disney Visa photos are free. I think there is a period of time that if you don't get them they disappear.

2. One of the cookie stroll cookies this year is gingerbread.

I think we had the PERFECT Hollywood studios day today. We got to the park right at 8 (took Uber to boardwalk bakery and walked.) Temp screens started at 815. By 9 am we were done with Slinky and the falcon. I got 13 for ROR boarding group and was done with that by 945. TOT, Rock n roller coaster x2. Rock n roller coaster was only a 15 minute wait at 1100??! Baseline tap house for a beer break then Toy story mania and Alien ride both with about a 10 min wait. Ogas reservation at 145 which was so fun! We then did Star Tours which is so disappointing compared to the new stuff haha. Mickey and Minnie ride was a 26 minute wait at 330. We then had a Savis reservation at 5 and my husband loved building the light saber. One more ride on Slinky (18 min wait) and Toy story mania (walk on) at about 6 and we called it a night!! Seriously the perfect day, perfect weather, and low crowds! What Disney dreams are made of!

I've always just used the link to the form that's in the PhotoPass website - but I just looked for it, and it's sooo hard to find that here it is: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/photopass/contact-us/. I don't know whether you'll have to sign in first. And if you want to log in to your account first, do that and then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Need help with Disney PhotoPass Service? Please check out our frequently asked questions" then click on the question "What should I do if photos are missing?"
Many thanks 🥰!

Do they still have package pickup delivery to our Disney resort?

Just got back from a week long trip to WDW! We did all four parks and loved our time there! I was very happy with how our days worked out without FP+. There was hardly any planning, other than knowing what parks we wanted to do each day, which made for a much more relaxing trip. We got to do most everything we wanted, even without rope dropping. We found the middle of the days to be the most crowded, which is to be expected.
I know everyone has different comfort levels, but we felt completely safe at WDW! There were only a couple of times in lines where I felt people were too close. One time in the Dumbo line there were some kids in front of us (maybe 7 or 8?) without parents, who were practically on top of the family in front of them and then another time there was a family behind us who was standing way in front of their line. Both were kindly asked to move and it worked for the most part. Cast members also reminded people to stand behind the line if they saw it.
I was nervous about ME back to MCO because of past reports, but our driver gave clear instructions on how to load and everyone listened.
The skyliner lines at park closing were pretty much non-existent on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday nights.
The wait times were over estimated for the most part. Most wait times were posted at 40+, but we rarely waited even close to that except for small world and ToT. I believe FEA was posted at 90 or 100 minutes, the cast member told us it would be almost 2 hours, but we only waited 40 mins (it was a little past the entrance to the China Pavilion). Some waits were posted at 20-40 near closing but we walked right on.

Ok everyone if you're coming to DHS today come on.

I followed everyone's advice. Got up got a boarding group from the lobby at Pop Century. Called uber at 7, dropped off at speedway by 7:15. Walked to the park and I was the only person around. Left and walked around a bit came back a little after 7:30 to be the third person in line. A few more groups are starting to show up.
Tell me more about this getting a boarding group from the lobby at Pop business. Is the idea that WiFi is better there?

Don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention this yet, but noticed a day or two ago that there is now a Shop in Store option when you click the + at the bottom of the MDX app. Right now, it’s only available at Mouse Gear and Everything Pop. Sounds like a better way to shop with no one crowding at the check out line.

Hello All, I am so excited we leave in a week for a quick trip. Two questions that I have not seen answers too:

1. For the Disney Visa photos in HS and EP do I have to pay for the photo pass or memory maker or can I download them at no cost?

2. Is there anywhere that has gingerbread cookies? This is one of the main items I am so missing from DL this year.

TIA for your help.
1. No cost to download
2. There are gingerbread cookies everywhere. The bakeries have them as Mickey with icing for the ears. But be sure to go to Karamel Kuche in Germany and get the salted caramel gingerbread cookie sandwich - OMG is it good!

Tell me more about this getting a boarding group from the lobby at Pop business. Is the idea that WiFi is better there?

Actually my choice for being in the lobby at 7am was random. It had more to do with getting a cup of coffee than anything. Of course the food court opened at 7 so the coffee took a backsat.

For the record, I did not use the WiFi but instead used the data on my phone. I did go into the app settings and turned off the location settings. The idea being I didn't want the app takinguo even a second looking for my location. At that point it was just a matter of watching the clock and hitting "Join" as soon as the clock on my phone turned to 7. Also honestly since i was a party of 1, I didn't worry about looking at who was in my party or anything it was just tapping buttons as soon as i saw them.

I have a question for everyone using data with MDE. Every time I’ve tried to use data at the parks rather than WiFi the app won’t connect, I get a pop up telling me I need to connect to WiFi. What am I doing wrong?

I have a question for everyone using data with MDE. Every time I’ve tried to use data at the parks rather than WiFi the app won’t connect, I get a pop up telling me I need to connect to WiFi. What am I doing wrong?

in the settings on your phone, under Cellular, is there a list of apps? And next to the Disney World app, does it show that cellular is on? If it is set to Off, you can’t access the app using data, so use the toggle thing to switch to On. This is not specific to the MDE app. It’s a phone settings thing, not a MDE thing.

Ok I made a mobile order at the Boardwalk bakery and they let me on. Everyone started doing that and then cancelling the order when on board
I have a Boardwalk breakfast ADR at 10 am on a Sunday in January... What at my chances to riding the Skyliner from POP to IG that day? I think I should ask the CM at the CB skyliner station maybe a day or two before. Otherwise, Uber over..
I cannot be the first person with this situation... ADR before skyliner to Epcot is running, can I???

I have a Boardwalk breakfast ADR at 10 am on a Sunday in January... What at my chances to riding the Skyliner from POP to IG that day? I think I should ask the CM at the CB skyliner station maybe a day or two before. Otherwise, Uber over..
I cannot be the first person with this situation... ADR before skyliner to Epcot is running, can I???
You would definitely be able to get to HS to walk to boardwalk but not sure about the other - they have to test it before they put people on and depends on when EP opens as to when they start that. I would ask as you said

People have reported showing you have an adr and they allow it. Definitely ask ahead of time

I was at Pop and didn’t trust the Skyliner to get me to DHS as early as I’d like so I booked breakfast ADR at Trattoria al Forno on my DHS day. The plan was to drive over but the prediction was for temperatures in the low 40s. I’m avoiding indoor dining right now so I cancelled. I did a bit of research and it looked like a bus from AoA would be my best free option. I wanted to be on that first bus (also avoiding long indoor queues for the attractions) so I got to the AoA bus stops at 6:45.

It was coooooold at the bus stop and a nice, warm MK bus pulled up just as I arrived so I hopped on and rode it to the MK. From there I caught a bus to the Yacht Club. The BW and Y&B stops are next to each other so the plan was to take whichever came first. The YC bus was sitting at the stop and I was the only passenger.

I walked over to DHS and was near the front of temp screening by 7:45. It wasn’t how I’d planned it but it worked!

in the settings on your phone, under Cellular, is there a list of apps? And next to the Disney World app, does it show that cellular is on? If it is set to Off, you can’t access the app using data, so use the toggle thing to switch to On. This is not specific to the MDE app. It’s a phone settings thing, not a MDE thing.
Thanks, I’ll check that. I definitely use my apps on cellular, to the point I had to get unlimited data 😬

Actually my choice for being in the lobby at 7am was random. It had more to do with getting a cup of coffee than anything. Of course the food court opened at 7 so the coffee took a backsat.

For the record, I did not use the WiFi but instead used the data on my phone. I did go into the app settings and turned off the location settings. The idea being I didn't want the app takinguo even a second looking for my location. At that point it was just a matter of watching the clock and hitting "Join" as soon as the clock on my phone turned to 7. Also honestly since i was a party of 1, I didn't worry about looking at who was in my party or anything it was just tapping buttons as soon as i saw them.
For kicks and giggles I went to time.gov for the exact time... compared my phone's time with the exact time and learned my phone was 2.6 SECONDS off!! who knew!! Check your phones! 2.6 seconds could mean the difference between getting a BG or not!

For kicks and giggles I went to time.gov for the exact time... compared my phone's time with the exact time and learned my phone was 2.6 SECONDS off!! who knew!! Check your phones! 2.6 seconds could mean the difference between getting a BG or not!

I use a second phone and have that site open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter