• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those in the parks today, how did the temps feel? What did you wear today? Prepping for cooler temps for our trip end of next week.

We were at Epcot yesterday, and it was cold. We are from Utah, and we left a snowstorm to get here. We wore winter coats and gloves during the early morning and evening. In the middle of the day, we wore jackets.
With the AP blockouts and the cold, Epcot was blissfully empty. Almost creepy in future world after 7:00. We’ll see how DHS is today, but it’s warmer so far. Just jackets.

For those in the parks today, how did the temps feel? What did you wear today? Prepping for cooler temps for our trip end of next week.

We were at HS. Definitely seemed a little less crowded than Monday was for the morning hours and evening hours, as I think a lot of people didn't want to brave the cold for long hours. I wore 4 layers, a camisole, long sleeve t, short sleeve t, and a cardigan over that that I could take off. I was a little chilly, but not unbearable. A sweatshirt might have been a better choice, but I wanted wear my R2D2, short sleeve shirt--fashion over comfort. :rotfl2:

I also was wearing black and that really helped soak up the sun and help keep me warmer too, so darker colors are a plus if it is cold and sunny.

If you are able to get ANY indoor reservations for lunch, do it. I was so glad we had Sci Fi. I was feeling bad for the families trying to eat their lunch in the breeze outside. That did not look fun.

We were at HS. Definitely seemed a little less crowded than Monday was for the morning hours and evening hours, as I think a lot of people didn't want to brave the cold for long hours. I wore 4 layers, a camisole, long sleeve t, short sleeve t, and a cardigan over that that I could take off. I was a little chilly, but not unbearable. A sweatshirt might have been a better choice, but I wanted wear my R2D2, short sleeve shirt--fashion over comfort. :rotfl2:

I also was wearing black and that really helped soak up the sun and help keep me warmer too, so darker colors are a plus if it is cold and sunny.

If you are able to get ANY indoor reservations for lunch, do it. I was so glad we had Sci Fi. I was feeling bad for the families trying to eat their lunch in the breeze outside. That did not look fun.

Thanks! Was it better mid day for you (like after lunch)?

Yes, I would say 2-4 was very nice, but chilly otherwise with the breeze.
the breeze is the real problem. I was working all day yesterday at Sea World, from 10am to 11pm. Had shorts (cause was too lazy to go to costuming for pants) a shirt and jacket, 2 pairs of socks cause I use compression ones for the long days, these are thin so I wear thicker ones on top. Didn't really feel cold until when the sun set and it became breeze for like an hour, then it settled down and I was fine again

the breeze is the real problem. I was working all day yesterday at Sea World, from 10am to 11pm. Had shorts (cause was too lazy to go to costuming for pants) a shirt and jacket, 2 pairs of socks cause I use compression ones for the long days, these are thin so I wear thicker ones on top. Didn't really feel cold until when the sun set and it became breeze for like an hour, then it settled down and I was fine again
This is very helpful thank you. I'm panicking right now because even though we're coming from Wisconsin, I'm always cold, and I'm really psyching myself out thinking that no one is going to have a good time because they're going to be too cold. 😕

This is very helpful thank you. I'm panicking right now because even though we're coming from Wisconsin, I'm always cold, and I'm really psyching myself out thinking that no one is going to have a good time because they're going to be too cold. 😕
It's not that cold :D layers will be your best friends

Honestly I suspect they are members of the same party. Specifically because it sounds like people SOMETIMES SEE full cars. Not that they are reporting being sat with someone in an adjacent car that they don’t know.

When I rode SSD last weekend, every row was occupied. I don’t know if ride operators routinely sit different families in the same vehicles, but I do know I sat in the last vehicle about a yard behind a vehicle with two couples who were not together in line. I even got a copy of their PhotoPass as a memento. 😅

We find early mornings and evenings are often chilly especially when we’re tired. Layers work great.

I bring a light jacket & scarf that roll up small and don’t add much weight to a backpack. Thin dollar store gloves help too for holding drinks or phone in those nippy hours.
DH and DS bring hoodies and all 3 of us can fit everything in a small backpack for the warm afternoon.

Has anyone been the first week of March before? We are kind of stuck now that we can't move our flights a third time, but it seems like most people here have been having a good "enough" time. I only ask because I have never been there that time of year and not sure if there were any bonus's to it.

My husband and I usually go to WDW the last 2 days of February and the first whole week of March. We love that time of year. The weather is usually good (we are from the north and don't need 80 degree weather, anything over 60 is great) LOL! But, now, all bets are off as far as what to expect. :rolleyes2 Anyway, it is lovely time to visit.

Has anyone been the first week of March before? We are kind of stuck now that we can't move our flights a third time, but it seems like most people here have been having a good "enough" time. I only ask because I have never been there that time of year and not sure if there were any bonus's to it.

We always visit the first week of March, and love the weather. The crowds are usually okay too.
However, now all bets are off as to what this next March will bring. It is a nice time of year to visit, if you don't want alot of heat. We are from Mn. so anything over 60 is nice and hot to us, LOL>

SORRY about the repeat :teeth: , The first one didn't show up so I repeated some of it, darn technology:o

Starting first day today (Dec 19 Sat) at Epcot. Had breakfast at Ale & Compass; good service, well distanced indoor tables, but my wife & kid both got soggy Mickey waffles. My Eggs Benedict was really good though.

We did Frozen, Test Track, and Mission Space but alas my kid ran out of energy/willpower(?) so we had to go back for nap. Both TT and Frozen line looked scarily long but moved quickly so we didn’t feel tired/annoyed. Mission:Space wait time appeared 40m in MDE but if you ride green side it was only 5m, so something to consider. In TT line we saw perfect mask compliance probably due to pre-lunch. In Frozen line around lunch time several people in front of us ate for a good while with mask totally pulled down in broad daylight of Chinese pavilion and weren’t stopped by CM. We kept extra distance, faced away, and just accepted it as whatever.

EP as a whole were less crowded than I expected, probably as others said due to gold/silver AP blocked out now. It felt even less crowded apples to apples vs last year at this time (on weekend 1 wk before Christmas). Many places to sit and eat/drink legally. No line at restrooms. A short line to enter Mexico pyramid and the lakeside Mexican QS, but none of the “lines everywhere even at gift shops” that others reported in the past. Maybe we will see massive lines at MK or HS in a couple days. Will report back.

All in all glad to be back at WDW. The most dangerous part of my last 24h was in a fully packed SW flight with only 2 middle seat left. With exception of those “eaters” in line today and a few nose exposed maskers yesterday at MCO, I feel very safe here on property. Perfect non-hot short sleeve weather during the day and a light jacket at night.

Last edited:
All in all glad to be back at WDW. The most dangerous part of my last 24h was in a fully packed SW flight with only 2 middle seat left.
Oh no! We fly SW on Wednesday to Orlando. This is actually one of my biggest (only) concerns:(

Honestly I suspect they are members of the same party. Specifically because it sounds like people SOMETIMES SEE full cars. Not that they are reporting being sat with someone in an adjacent car that they don’t know.

I just got back yesterday. It was just my daughter and myself. They seated every row of Slinky, EE and RnRC. There are other people in our photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter