Any recent experiences with evenings in DHS - say the last 2-3 hours it's open? Mostly wondering about overall crowd levels and wait times for MMRR, SDD, TOT.

Any recent experiences with evenings in DHS - say the last 2-3 hours it's open? Mostly wondering about overall crowd levels and wait times for MMRR, SDD, TOT.
I was there on Sunday the 10th for the last 2 hours. We spent 1 hour in the shops, then an hour riding mmrr once and tsm and as2 twice each. If everyone in your party is on board, at this time, you should be able to easily accomplish all the rides you want in the last 2 hours.

chilly weather after dark and park hopping to Epcot has helped lower evening hours.

Last edited:

Just a heads up for those that are there now or arriving soon, yesterday the 1:00 BG's for RotR were open for 1 hour and 15 minutes and today they were open for 1 hour and 45 minutes!! MUCH better than 2-3 seconds!

I haven't heard of anyone who hopped to DHS trying for a BG but I would be curious since they've been available the past 2 days past the 2:00 PH time.

I understand it says you must have a park reservation and have scanned into the park to try for a 1pm BG but hey, this situation is new in the past 2 days and what can it hurt to try? The answer will probably be 'no'...but it could be 'yes' as this has never happened before!!

I'm assuming you're going to Magic Kingdom, since you're heading to TTC. I believe they're letting cars in around 810, I would get there as close to that time if possible.

One thing id be interested in, will the super bowl mvp be going to Disney world this year? If so, SB is on the 7th, so beware of that possibility.
Hi!

Thanks! Yes, the plan is MK and a potential park hop to Epcot, depending on how our cousin & I are feeling and what we get done. I'll plan to get there nice and early.

Also thanks for the heads up about the Super Bowl thing. I'll have to look into it. Either way, the 8th is the only day going works for us because she's a college student and doesn't have class Mondays.

Hi!

Thanks! Yes, the plan is MK and a potential park hop to Epcot, depending on how our cousin & I are feeling and what we get done. I'll plan to get there nice and early.

Also thanks for the heads up about the Super Bowl thing. I'll have to look into it. Either way, the 8th is the only day going works for us because she's a college student and doesn't have class Mondays.
Yeah I have no idea if they'll do much for super bowl winner this year as in the past it was a parade down main street. Maybe a cavalcade with Mickey? Lol. Can't imagine it'd make the park any busier that day anyway.

But yeah going to MK for a day will be fun. Enjoy!

You may need a mobile order to get past the guard. Dropping off before the guard shack is not allowed.
Some people on these boards have reported they were allowed in to a resort with proof of a mobile order. Others have reported being turned away and having to jump through hoops to get a refund on their mobile order. Officially, you need to have an ADR for a TS restaurant to be allowed on a Disney hotel property by car (whether uber/lyft or your own car).

Note: those wishing to have a QS meal at Contemporary or any monorail resort can uber to TTC and take the monorail to Contemporary. There is no restriction on using Disney transportation to access resorts. Just cars. Not relevant to the pp's question since they wanted to get to contemporary for quick access to MK rather than a meal, but I note this just in case other people reading this do want a quick service meal there.

Last night we were at DHS. Left Sci-Fi at 5 p.m. Rode Star Tours, Slinky, Midway Mania, and could have done 1 more ride had we planned better. We had walked over from TSL to HM thinking the wait time there was inflated but it wasn't so we walked back to TSL. I think we would have had better luck jumping on MMRR instead and then doing Slinky.

At 5 pm Star Tours was walk on. Midway was maybe 10 to 15 minutes, Slinky about 30ish minutes (we got off around 7 pm.)

If memory serves, MMRR was around 30 minutes in that time frame.

Does anybody know if The Emporium is open when they starting letting people in to MK or do they wait until the official park opening time to open the store?

Yeah I have no idea if they'll do much for super bowl winner this year as in the past it was a parade down main street. Maybe a cavalcade with Mickey? Lol. Can't imagine it'd make the park any busier that day anyway.

But yeah going to MK for a day will be fun. Enjoy!

Actually in the past they have had the MVP and maybe another player sitting in an open car or float with Mickey and a small marching band just come down Main Street...no big parade just a calvacade around 1-2ish in the afternoon.

for those here this weekend into next week
Skyliner operational closures for maintenance
  • Jan. 24: Disney’s Pop Century/Art of Animation Resorts line unavailable
  • Jan. 26: Disney’s Hollywood Studios line unavailable
  • Jan. 28: EPCOT International Gateway line unavailable

Actually in the past they have had the MVP and maybe another player sitting in an open car or float with Mickey and a small marching band just come down Main Street...no big parade just a calvacade around 1-2ish in the afternoon.
So maybe something similar minus the band this year?
for those here this weekend into next week
Skyliner operational closures for maintenance
  • Jan. 24: Disney’s Pop Century/Art of Animation Resorts line unavailable
  • Jan. 26: Disney’s Hollywood Studios line unavailable
  • Jan. 28: EPCOT International Gateway line unavailable
wow, good to know. I’m sharing this post with the January group.

Cars/rideshares are not allowed in to Boardwalk without a dining reservation at present, which is why more people have been using the Speedway lately. You could also get dropped off at the Swan/Dolphin.

Can a car/rideshare enter Boardwalk to pickup a guest staying on property? Planning on taking DME from Orlando to BWV and then getting a Lyft/Uber to rental car location since it's significantly cheaper than Orlando International

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter