• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm curious how crowd levels will be this week. Hoping back down from holiday levels. Our trip is March 4-10 and we expect crowds to increase as the week goes on

Sunday at HS felt busy. Yesterday at MK felt uncomfortably crowded. I was not expecting the crowd levels we saw yesterday. But despite the crowds, we had a blast and were able to ride almost everything we wanted. Our longest wait was either Jungle Cruise or Splash, both were about an hour.

The cavalcades are adorable and the characters do their best to do some interactions

In MK they follow the parade route - Frontierland over and around down Main Street. -

this was from January with Gaston (taken on the bridge) - who as you can see is very "Gaston"

Video: Gaston (plus Alice Float) in January 2021

I also so a very good Donald Duck kindly sidestep a kiddo who ran out and to him in HS.

And in Epcot (can't remember where I was standing - somewhere between France and America - Goofy acknowledging our group (Pluto blew us kisses)

If anyone wants to see additional photos, let me know. All of these were from last month.

We love these pop ups ( and I hope they continue, at least to some extent.)

Another clue one is coming is you'll see CMs (wearing red) prepping to clear paths a few minutes before music starts. I know in MK if you are in Frontierland where they start, its easy to tell. Also, I haven't figured out the timing but if taking a drink or snack break, sit along that route up to liberty Square and chances are you'll see a couple calvacades

The rebel spy is Vi :)

I hope we get to see Kylo. Him and pooh bear in Epcot we never see!

Are the resort pools busy this time of year? Looking at what it's like to just chill at the resort. Thanks!
I can only speak for Grand Floridian since we just came back. We found the main pool to not be busy- plenty of room to spread out. The kid's pool area (with slide) looked busy so we stayed away (we don't have young kids anyways)

We have been to HS and MK so far, from open to close both days, and we haven't seen a cavalcade yet. We did see Kylo Ren and a couple storm troopers in Galaxy's Edge and Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland.
Oh man. Buzz is my sons favorite character pretty much ever, so thats nice, but I would have thought we’d see more than just Buzz in MK!!

I would say make sure you know the routes characters take and make an effort to keep to those routes if it is important to you. For example, on our first trip in 2020, we hardly saw any characters. But in MK, we spent a long time in fantasyland, tomorrowland and adventureland in HS we spent a lot of time in Toy Story land (DS wanted to ride TSMM over and over), and in epcot we spent most of the time in future world so we really weren't on the calvalcade routes much. We also kept waiting in ride line after ride line and so had less time to just explore like we did before when we had FPs and had downtime between them. Next trip in 2020, I made more of an effort to do fewer rides and linger on the cavalcade routes and we definitely saw more.

They only do one party on the seating on each side, but that does mean you'll be facing across from another family, who may or may not feel entitled to take off their masks since no CMs can see them there to enforce it. That's what happened to us. So it's not crowded like it used to be with them packing people in standing room only, but pooly designed from a covid safety standpoint.
Thanks for this!!

For those that are just back from Disney, how often did you get to see characters around the parks in those cavalcades? Will my 7 year old be pretty much guaranteed at some point in the day to see characters? Maybe even more than once? Particularly curious about Galaxys Edge, are there Star Wars guys around? Storm troopers saying anything fun or Kylo?
nothing is guaranteed at a Disney parks but if you go to MDE, under entertainment you will see the start to close times for cavalcades, if you go at the first cavalcade time you will see characters. The ones at SWGE are harder cause they don't show a start time

We hung out for a snack near the Astro Orbiter in October and Buzz, Stitch and others were greeting guests from the stage. It was great. We LOVE Stitch!!
Ahhhh!!! Stitch would be a big deal for us too! Pretty much Buzz, Stitch or Baymax would make my son lose his mind. Anyone see Baymax anywhere?

Where is there a list of rides and shows that are currently closed? I know there has to be one as efficient as this site is. tia

Where is there a list of rides and shows that are currently closed? I know there has to be one as efficient as this site is. tia

This information is available on my MyDisneyExperience app by using the filters.

- open the app
- go to the bottom of the screen and select the icon that looks like an upside down raindrop with a circle in the middle of it
- go to the 'Filters' in the upper left corner and click the park you are interested in then click 'Apply'. (You don't have to select an individual park or resort but doing so makes the information much easier to understand where it is located rather than one long, alphabetical list)
- in the top centre of the screen, click the 'V' and select either 'Attractions' or 'Entertainment'
- if you select 'Attractions' a list of all the attractions for your selected park will be displayed. Those that are closed indicate this in red.
- if you select 'Entertainment' look for 'Temporarily Unavailable Entertainment at Walt Disney World Resort' and it will list everything that is closed in the way of Entertainment at every park and resort

Using the app is the best way to find the most current information about what is open and closed as anyone's personal list may soon become out of date as things are changing often these days.

Hope this is helpful.

This information is available on my MyDisneyExperience app by using the filters.

- open the app
- go to the bottom of the screen and select the icon that looks like an upside down raindrop with a circle in the middle of it
- go to the 'Filters' in the upper left corner and click the park you are interested in then click 'Apply'. (You don't have to select an individual park or resort but doing so makes the information much easier to understand where it is located rather than one long, alphabetical list)
- in the top centre of the screen, click the 'V' and select either 'Attractions' or 'Entertainment'
- if you select 'Attractions' a list of all the attractions for your selected park will be displayed. Those that are closed indicate this in red.
- if you select 'Entertainment' look for 'Temporarily Unavailable Entertainment at Walt Disney World Resort' and it will list everything that is closed in the way of Entertainment at every park and resort

Using the app is the best way to find the most current information about what is open and closed as anyone's personal list may soon become out of date as things are changing often these days.

Hope this is helpful.
Thank you!! Very helpful!!

I’m going to DHS today. Got a boarding group that should be called in about 85 minutes. Our two weeks ago visit was not that great. Hoping for a much better experience! DS is planning to go live, probably in Galaxy’s Edge since he’s Star Wars obsessed. If you see us, say hi. Can’t miss him he’s wearing crazy socks he won as a prize.

Anyone at MK today? I’d love to hear a report! We’ll be there next Tuesday so I’m hoping to compare. Are wait times accurate or a bit inflated?

I have to say, I chuckled to myself at a 60 minute wait for the carousel. People really wait that long for the carousel? And where does an hour long line even go in that area?

Anyone at MK today? I’d love to hear a report! We’ll be there next Tuesday so I’m hoping to compare. Are wait times accurate or a bit inflated?

I have to say, I chuckled to myself at a 60 minute wait for the carousel. People really wait that long for the carousel? And where does an hour long line even go in that area?
Touring Plans is showing 32 mins for carousel. I find their wait times to be quite accurate.

LOL, just looked and Space Mountain is 21 mins. I don't think that happens very often that the Carousel is longer than SM!

So how bad is DS on a Thursday night usually? The only times I've been to DS since opening was on a weekend and I wasn't a fan, but since DD(12) and I will be arriving early enough to need to grab dinner I thought maybe we would brave DS if it's not as crazy on a Thursday night.

So how bad is DS on a Thursday night usually? The only times I've been to DS since opening was on a weekend and I wasn't a fan, but since DD(12) and I will be arriving early enough to need to grab dinner I thought maybe we would brave DS if it's not as crazy on a Thursday night.
It's my experience that the evenings are very crowded regardless of the day, but it's worse not the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter