deleted post - more restaurant specific. I'll take it to the other board.

Last edited:

Dh doesn’t want to get on the monorail since they aren’t doing one party per car. We don’t want to get stuck with a family that takes their masks off. I guess we may just skip going to the wave.

You can walk to avoid the monorail. In any case, it’s a short ride, so exposure will be limited.

Thank you for clarifying as I was wondering how you knew for sure too. It's good to have first hand experiences so that people can make a decision for themselves. Sounds like making a mobile order and gaining access to a resort is currently not an option at most resorts.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I had a late lunch at GF Cafe on Sunday and the guard checked after turning the car in front of me around (this was around 1:00 PM)

I had breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and the sign at The Boardwalk reads "No Entry Without Reservation at Trattoria al Forno" so it doesn't seem that ordering from The Boardwalk Bakery will work there.

Rope Dropping HS - in October we stayed at YC and walking was THE way to get in quickly before the Skyliner, buses or cars. By arriving around 8am we were at the front of the pack and used the "stay left" suggestions from this thread to get through temp check quickly and be on the first train for MMRR. That was before the Friendship boats were running (they started just after we left). But reading blogs since then, it appeared the boats were not running early enough and walking was still the best way to be towards the front of the pack and get through several rides before lines caught up with you. This past week at the Dolphin we had a very different experience - HS opening at 9am all days we were there. We took a Friendship boat a few minutes after 8am on a weekday and the boat left immediately - had us there about 8:15am. The lines at temp check already went from the front of the park WAAAAY back as far as you could see beyond the Skyliner. The boat drops you off on the side and as we approached I asked a CM standing in front of a temp check tent if we were supposed to try and find the end of the line (I said it nicely in jest, assuming of course that yes, we did need to do that). NOPE! He said, "no, just stand here" and pointed to a side marker. He then opened to rope and let us and the rest of the looooong lines in. We were the FIRST people through the tents and to go through the turn-styles. We continued to be the FIRST people down the main street towards MMRR and it was a surreal experience having all the CM saying hello and welcoming us. We lined up first for MMRR and within a minute they started the ride and led us to row 1! We thought it was a huge dose of Pixie Dust but....several days later we were running late - I heard 2 boat horns go by (this was a weekend so it seems the boats start earlier on the weekend) about 7:50 and 8am. We got on a boat at 8:10am and this time the HS lines had already opened as we trekked towards the side entrance from the boat drop off again. I went right to the side markers this time and asked the CM if this is where we stand - he replied yes and indicated to wait there. He let a couple more people go in from the long skyliner/car/walker line in then signaled us to go through. We were still way ahead of the "mob" that had assembled and we only waited about 5 minutes for MMRR and then 20 for SD. I wanted to stay in the Crescent Lake area specifically for walking to HS to take advantage of Rope Dropping. But now I would suggest taking the boat - enjoying a nice leisurely ride while you pass all the walkers - and look for those social distance lines on the side as you come in toward the temperature checks - those are for people from the boats and you will be at the front of the pack. Good luck everyone! :)

Thank you for this information! I'll be at the YC in April and had planned on walking, but now I think I'll take the boat!

Just so frustrated when reading reports like this.....:guilty::guilty:
Why do people choose to be selfish? Pulling down masks when you are not supposed to is like littering and spitting. Kids cann't get vaccinated yet and they do get sick from COVID. If everyone cooperates and follows with the mask-wearing mandate, things can get back to normal a lot sooner! I used to get the comment like "If you don't feel comfortable in the crowd of maskless people, STAY AT HOME." Disney clearly has stricken the mask rule. So it would be my turn of saying "if you don't want to wear a mask at Disney, YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM DISNEY so those who can follow the rule can enjoy their vacation."

They’re not being selfish. They’re exhausted from a day at a theme park. Most people probably don’t even realize that it’s below their nose.

People are doing their best given the circumstances.

This kind of divisive, hateful thinking doesn't help anything.

They’re not being selfish. They’re exhausted from a day at a theme park. Most people probably don’t even realize that it’s below their nose.

People are doing their best given the circumstances.

This kind of divisive, hateful thinking doesn't help anything.

I saw a family in line at Slinky dog yesterday and three of them (all 10+ in age) had their masks below their nose. This wasn’t from exhaustion, it was from selfishness. I’ve been down 3 weeks and it’s not always great wearing the mask but either do it or go elsewhere. They aren’t doing their best if they aren’t wearing the mask properly. It’s not rocket science.

Last edited:
Today was my first full day at Hollywood Studios.

I got boarding group 71 which was a great beginning to the day.

I drove to HS and was turned around (at 7:55). Not only was Disney Security there but two Orange County Sheriff's vehicles, including one parked on the right shoulder to keep people from pulling over on the shoulder. After doing the loop de loop, I arrived back and they were allowing cars to line up behind the cones. They held us there until 8:03, allowed us to pull up to the parking booths but held us there until 8:13.

While waiting to get through, I put in a breakfast order at Woody's (kid's breakfast) for pick up at 9:05 to 9:35. I paid the extra $20 for preferred parking and was the 3rd car being parked. They are parking a car in every-other space and after parking about 5 cars, having the next cars park behind them to try and social distance you as are exiting.

Through temperature check and security quickly and was walking onto Mickey and Minnie's by 8:20. After Mickey and Minnie, I headed to Toy Story Land where I did Toy Story Mania (a walk on) and Slinky (about 10 minutes) before picking up my breakfast at Woody's around 9:20. By this time, the lines were growing. Slinky was 50 minutes. I lingered over breakfast and watched folks.

I did Mickey and Minnie once again (35 minutes or so) then went to the Mickey and Minnie Vacation movie (a Disney Jr Cavalcade came by while we were entering).

Then it was time to check in for my lunch at Prime Time Cafe. I did the digital check-in 10 minutes before my reservation time and got the "table is ready" text at my reservation time. I was seated right away. Had a nice lunch, went to Star Tours, and when I was out of Star Tours, my Boarding Group had been called so it was off to ROTR.

After ROTR, I walked through Toy Story land...and did Toy Story Mania (posted 25 minutes was more like 10) and then began heading to the front of the park...just in time for the rain to being.

I was doubly glad I had done preferred parking with the rain - with most of the folks waiting under any surface, with my umbrella I was happy to head on to the car.

Some notes: AGAIN if you are on property, use Disney Transportation or walk if you are within walking distance. The Skyliner gondolas were arriving the entire time we were sitting waiting to get beyond the parking booths.

Mask compliance was around 90-95% at HS. a few noses, a few folks walking while eating. They were constantly reminding folks not to eat or drink in line and were having people toss any drink/food before entering the main portion of the que.

AND they ARE watching. My Star Tours was closed up and suddenly all the lights went back up, they announced that everyone needed to put their masks BACK ON, the guy came in, eyeballed the people in the middle row, double checked the settings and finally started the ride.

Some advice: if you or your kiddos are not used to wearing masks, now may not be a good time to come. It's HOT and even if you're used to masks it can be tough. I saw a few meltdowns, and lots of red-faced, hot kids.

With the MASKS, it's hard to keep hydrated but with the heat you need to do so. I had headaches Sunday and Monday after returning from the parks and realized I'd had less than a bottle of water in addition to beverages I had at meals. Today, I had 2 full bottles of water + more all before 2 PM and no headache tonight. And remember that your kids need to hydrate, too. I know it's tough to pull over and stop but it just leads to feeling cranky....

I saw a family in line at Slinky dog yesterday and three of them (all 10+ in age) had their masks below their nose. This wasn’t from exhaustion, it was from selfishness. I’m been down 3 weeks and it’s not always great wearing the mask but either do it or go elsewhere. They aren’t doing their best if they aren’t wearing the mask properly. It’s not rocket science.

3 10 year olds not following the rules to a T?

And they’re selfish because of it?

I hate what has become of humanity.

I’ll go elsewhere for my “Just got back” reports.

You can always just hit the ignore button on them as well...that way you can still see the thread without dealing with ppl. who have nothing to add but their opinion. Nobody cares about anyones opinion on here - not what this thread is for...we're just here to report and look for the facts and info. It's too bad some ppl. can't do this.

As posted in the Missions, Guidelines and Moderator Thread.

“It is often good advice if you see a thread or post which your are unhappy with to walk away and give yourself a time out. Alternatively use the report post button which will alert all the moderators and the webmasters to any post, where appropriate action if necessary will be taken. If you add a comment yourself you may also face infractions as per the guidelines.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mission-guidelines-tpas-moderators.3827330/

Feb. 24-Tuesday-Animal Kingdom

While walking to bus stop saw an AK bus there and sprinted! On the bus at 7:20 and through the gates at 7:35. Once again, I love the new security and entry process. So much easier. Took some empty Tree of Life pics on the way to Pandora.

Navi-Walk On
FOP-45 min wait

First time walking through the stand by line so I quite enjoyed the wait. And it constantly moved. Had never seen the full queue. They did leave spaces between riders. Grabbed a breakfast snack and walked through Gorilla Falls. Gorillas were quite active and the birds making nests too! Usually Nemo and Lion King are musts and since the were closed wanted to try new things so we took the train for the first time. Walked right on that a d quite enjoyed the train. Saw the petting zoo and the inside lab exhibits. And walked right back on the train. Loved resting the feet but the walk from the train to Rafikis is not short.

Safari-20 min wait-45 posted. Lions were perfectly placed! Giraffes were very active and close! Babies out. Great safari.

Caught the 11:30 bird show in Asia. Walked in 7 minutes before. Really enjoyed this! Grabbed lunch at yak and yeti and did Maharajah jungle trek. Not much to see on this one. One sleeping tiger. But it’s pretty!

Everest-Walk On but through the full queue. So about 7 minutes. 10 posted.
Tough To Be A Bug-20 minutes from queue entrance to taking out seats.
Everest-Walk On, 3 min walk, 10 posted.
Dinosaur-45 min wait, 45 posted. This line felt long. Didn’t think it looked long abs figured it would be shorter but there was an extra outside portion I didn’t realize was there.

Sprinted to see the macaws fly around the tree of life. Don’t miss this it’s so beautiful and cool!
FOP-40 minute wait, once again seats left open between parties.
Safari-Walk On ten minutes before park closing. Beautiful safari as the sun was setting.

Great day with two rides on FOP, safari, and Everest! Can’t complain. Although I do miss the shows and Kali. But it was fun to see some new things. Such a great park to explore. And I never felt crowded here, mostly in Pandora with lines crossing, but outside with excellent mask compliance, so it’s good by me.

Grabbed an easy bus back to Coronado, put ourselves on the wait list for Three Bridges, said 2hrs! Took a dip in the pool. One hour later got texted for our table and ran from the pool to change. Had a delicious meal at Three Bridges. Get the corn dip!!! Love this place!

HS today, Tuesday March 2.

At the bus stop at 720 ish, mainly because DD and I are up by 6 am. For some reason I awaken even earlier on vacation. Bus didn’t come until 8 am, but I did note the bus times in the app were working some and were accurate.

We hit the long temp check line, where everyone was being held. I crossed to the other side. Lines opened, we hoofed it to SDD, my DD’s favorite. We did one ride as a walk on and another Ride immediately after with a 5 Minute wait. We went to AS2 and TSMM. It as about 920 at this point. At that point MMRR was at 40 minutes, and they called my boarding group.

DD has ridden Rise before, but wasn’t having it this time. I gave up and took a chicken exit, which was through the backstage areas. I felt so sad at wasting a boarding group when so many others aren’t that lucky!

We went to Frozen with no wait (more her speed), then MMRR (we had a guest recovery FP, but I think it was posted at 40 minutes or so). Shopping, lunch, rain, and Disney Junior show.

It is crowded, but doable. I focus on one headliner that is a must do, and do it at rope drop. After that, it’s about what DD wants and how long the lines are. ToT was like 70 posted and I was not interested in even trying that wait. I would try to go back after 2 pm, but DD crashes then so we are not making it back to the parks after we leave.

We are having a blast. Flexibility and rope drop are key. We adjust when lines are just too long for us. I am DVC now so I know we will be back, and that helps me just let it go. Though I’ve learned when you are up at 6 am the kid is cranky eating after 12noon 🤣

Some were teens, I said 10+ because I felt that was an age where the child can cope and follow the rules adequately. I didn’t ask their exact ages while in line.

HS today, Tuesday March 2.

At the bus stop at 720 ish, mainly because DD and I are up by 6 am. For some reason I awaken even earlier on vacation. Bus didn’t come until 8 am, but I did note the bus times in the app were working some and were accurate.

We hit the long temp check line, where everyone was being held. I crossed to the other side. Lines opened, we hoofed it to SDD, my DD’s favorite. We did one ride as a walk on and another Ride immediately after with a 5 Minute wait. We went to AS2 and TSMM. It as about 920 at this point. At that point MMRR was at 40 minutes, and they called my boarding group.

DD has ridden Rise before, but wasn’t having it this time. I gave up and took a chicken exit, which was through the backstage areas. I felt so sad at wasting a boarding group when so many others aren’t that lucky!

We went to Frozen with no wait (more her speed), then MMRR (we had a guest recovery FP, but I think it was posted at 40 minutes or so). Shopping, lunch, rain, and Disney Junior show.

It is crowded, but doable. I focus on one headliner that is a must do, and do it at rope drop. After that, it’s about what DD wants and how long the lines are. ToT was like 70 posted and I was not interested in even trying that wait. I would try to go back after 2 pm, but DD crashes then so we are not making it back to the parks after we leave.

We are having a blast. Flexibility and rope drop are key. We adjust when lines are just too long for us. I am DVC now so I know we will be back, and that helps me just let it go. Though I’ve learned when you are up at 6 am the kid is cranky eating after 12noon 🤣
Wait! Bus times were back in the app? I'll be there this weekend...do tell! I thought they were fully taken away! How about bus times at the resort boards?

Also, they are still doing guest recovery FP? What is that and how does it work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter