• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry that people are purposely disregarding the rules. Some people are just so selfish.

How is the Dolphin? When we were there last month, we had a hard time with people not understanding that you don't share an elevator with other families.
The Dolphin is good. I always wait if someone just got on an elevator and take the next one and I have been coming and going at such odd times no one has tried to get in with me. The bus to AK was weird because they don't use the Disney bus lanes when they get there and have to wait to go through the gates with all the cars. Check in was pretty smooth and room being ready at 1 was a real bonus, of course, my view is the tops of buildings and ACs but it's a standard room and I'm not in it often enough to worry.

We always stood on whatever line kept us a minimum of six feet from the party in front of us, and if the people behind us didn’t do the same after a few backwards glances we would politely ask them to. Awful that so many people are ignoring the safety rules. Glad you are having a good time.
That is pretty much what I did as well, sometimes that would leave a little bigger gap then 6 feet but that was o.k. People complain that they make the mask and social distancing announcements so often but obviously they need to make them more often as people just don't obey. I will say the best people keeping their masks on were the littles and their parents. The worst were from about 15 through mid-30s.

Mickey and Minnie Railway was super cute, but the wait was outside in the sun. We waited about 30 minutes but later in the evening it was a walk on. The drawback of the line is it's outside but you can't bring your stroller through the line so baby was hard to wrangle. With the sun high in the sky it was warm in line so it was probably the worst line of the week just because of layout and timing.
I am so surprised to read this because we went in November and strollers were allowed in the outdoor portion of the MMRR queue. You just had to park the stroller before entering the building. Very sad to hear they have changed this :-\ Was banking on MMRR being an easy line to tolerate when we return (1 week!) because we could have DD in the stroller through most of it.

What time would you suggest being at the bus stop at the Contemporary to get to AK for rope drop? AK opens at 8. Does that mean they unofficially open at around 7:15? Should I be at the bus stop by 6am?

Just back from a weekend visit April 11/12 all all four parks, in case this helps.

First wrinkle, my daughter and son-in-law who were supposed to drive over from Tampa but ended up needing to quarantine and couldn't come. (They found out two days before, so completely last minute.) I changed their theme park dates to the fall when I am returning, but that left me completely alone all day Saturday, because my friend who has an Annual Pass was shut out of all park availability. She'd already managed to snag a reservation to join us on Sunday.

When I changed the ticket dates, it did not alter the three reservations in my MDE for Studios that Saturday, so I went to Disney Springs after I arrived Friday and a CM was able to reassign one of those reservations to my friend! Very happy surprise! We spent the rest of the evening walking around Disney Springs waiting for our Gideon's return time. This was the longest thing we waited for all weekend, lol -- joined the virtual queue at 5:52, called back 9:18, inside 9:45. We watched the very last cake slice of the day disappear and we ended up buying the last April specialty cookie in the shop. I was surprised they still had some that late.

Saturday morning (9 opening) we arrived at the Studios parking gates at 8:10 with a few cars at every line. They started letting people in at 8:15, we were in the park by 8:45. She'd never managed to ride Slinky Dog so that was our goal, but it was down. We'd struck out at getting a Rise boarding group at 7:00 but managed it at 1:00 (I'd never ridden before). After we booked that, we took the Skyliner over to Epcot and spent a few hours taking in the Flower and Garden Festival (super hot, rains approaching) and then rode back to Studios for Rise, which was down when we arrived, so we grabbed a bite at Backlot (which is when it started raining). Rise was back up, rode that, then walked on Mickey and Minnie, then got in a 30 minute wait for Slinky Dog. It was a nail biter as the rains picked up and there was an announcement they might need to close, but we made it. Still had time to walk on both Toy Story Mania & Alien Saucer Swirl before close at 8, and enjoy the lights in Galaxy's edge before heading out of a pretty empty, beautiful in the rain park.

Sunday we parked at the MK lot, then took the resort monorail to GF to bus to AK for the morning, fully prepared for the incoming heavy rains (but not all the rides going down at once). Highly recommend packing a roll-able raincoat, waterproof backpack, and waterproof shoes.

By the time we could hop to MK, on the app it looked like almost everything had a star instead of a wait time. We bussed from AK to Wilderness Lodge, then bussed to MK from there. There was a mass exodus by this time and MK was emptying out. (2:30). But most of the rides were back up and running by then. We had a lovely time, walked on Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Pirates, and Ariel, about 15 minute waits for Space Mountain and Peter Pan. We stayed until 8:00 and enjoyed the sunset and all the lights coming on.

Unfortunately, the only night open to add Disney Springs is a sunday night on our upcoming trip in June. I've been reading how busy it is lately. I'm vaccinated though and not too worried when it comes to covid- so that aside, is it really that bad? Especially when it comes to waits for stores, etc.? We'd likely make sure we have an advance dinner reservation.

Suggestion: buy some of the cheap ponchos (disposable) from Walmart or grocer that are folded very small. About $2. So much cheaper than waiting until it is raining at the park to make a purchase. If you expect rain, wear waterproof/ resistant shoes. Walking around in rain is not something most of us do nowadays. Amazing how wet you can get.

Good suggestions. In addition, some in our group don’t like the smothering feel of ponchos so we also carry a couple of mini pop out umbrellas. They are small and light ( but not as light as the cheap ponchos), and are also good for portable shade especially with the current standby lines spilling out all over the parks.

Dan

Unfortunately, the only night open to add Disney Springs is a sunday night on our upcoming trip in June. I've been reading how busy it is lately. I'm vaccinated though and not too worried when it comes to covid- so that aside, is it really that bad? Especially when it comes to waits for stores, etc.? We'd likely make sure we have an advance dinner reservation.
It depends on the store. World of Disney almost always has a wait (as do most of the Disney stores). I also noticed waits at the Coca-Cola store and the Lego Store. Mostly the touristy type stores will have a wait but the rest don't. Gideon's and Ghirardelli were both doing virtual queues. The crowds are pretty heavy just walking around.

It depends on the store. World of Disney almost always has a wait (as do most of the Disney stores). I also noticed waits at the Coca-Cola store and the Lego Store. Mostly the touristy type stores will have a wait but the rest don't. Gideon's and Ghirardelli were both doing virtual queues. The crowds are pretty heavy just walking around.

Thanks! That sounds doable for just a dinner, pop in World of Disney and then run! 😂

While I'm here... any more reports of pools hitting capacity at hotel resorts? That's the one thing that's stressing me out!

Thanks! That sounds doable for just a dinner, pop in World of Disney and then run! 😂

While I'm here... any more reports of pools hitting capacity at hotel resorts? That's the one thing that's stressing me out!

The good side - even with the extremely long line pictures, seems like most of those folks have said waits are more like 10-15 mins to get in.

Has DME been picking people up 3 hours prior to their flight departure?

My last 3 trips our pick up was 3 hrs and 15 mins prior to flight...only once did we stop at any other resorts and it was only 1. I was surprised they had us go over 3 hrs prior to flight with no stops etc. We used to get a lot of 2.75- 3 hrs prior to flight, but not recently.

My s sense from trip reports here and in their forums is that they’ve been much more accurate across the board than Disney’s posted times.
Is disney still posting their times in the app? Or you just mean the times posted in the park? I haven’t been able to find where Disney is posting theirs if they are.

Is disney still posting their times in the app? Or you just mean the times posted in the park? I haven’t been able to find where Disney is posting theirs if they are.
Yes Disney still posts them on the app. Up at the top of the screen there is a category dropdown selection and "Wait Times' is the first option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter