Oof seeing more reports of giant lines for the DME on the Facebook DIS group. What was the name and price of the car service many of you mentioned on this thread? I'm debating just going that route rather than risk a huge line... we would be so crabby haha.

My DW and I booked with FL Tours. They are a sponsor of the DIS boards. And I heard Pete W. discuss this group on a recent DIS unplugged episode. I have never used them but they seemed reasonable enough for private car transport. $160 for round trip MCO to BC and back.

My DW and I booked with FL Tours. They are a sponsor of the DIS boards. And I heard Pete W. discuss this group on a recent DIS unplugged episode. I have never used them but they seemed reasonable enough for private car transport. $160 for round trip MCO to BC and back.
That isn't bad... and they will include a 30 min grocery stop on the way to the hotel. Perfect

The cheer groups here have been prevalent. Not noisy, but their mask compliance (and their chaperones) in lines has been poor. Like they’re above the rules. I’ve noticed a lot of poor mask compliance especially in outside lines. Noses everywhere, eating and drinking a whole meal in line. Cast members are barely around to say something. I would also say in 8/10 lines the people behind us are up our behinds to the point where I have to say something- sometimes several times. It’s like no one can read the signs or they just don’t give a hoot. Cast members have not once enforced the line distancing in the two days I’ve been here. If people are Xbox, be prepared or delay

We were there the 15-22 & I agree with everything you said. People got very close in lines, I would often hang back from the group in front of us & very deliberately move up only slowly & leave lots of room in front of us, hoping the people behind would pick up on the distancing. I also noticed a LOT of missing “wait here”, with no apparent effort to replace them. Leading me to believe line distancing will be changing or going away sooner rather than later.

So many improperly worn masks, all over. Lots of eating & drinking while walking around with masks below the chin or just hanging off 1 ear. And while there are signs around, in a full week we only heard 1 CM attempt to tell someone to put their mask on. And even then, she never caught up with the guest who was moving quickly away from her.

Disney is talking up compliance, but not doing anything to make their rules stick as far as we could see.

Oof seeing more reports of giant lines for the DME on the Facebook DIS group. What was the name and price of the car service many of you mentioned on this thread? I'm debating just going that route rather than risk a huge line... we would be so crabby haha.
If it makes you feel any better when we arrived last week there was not a single person in line and we got on a bus immediately.

Here's what I all fit in on Friday, April 16 - a little delayed here but crowds are probably very similar.

Walked 17.8 miles in one day - only park day in WDW in 2021 after my AP expired - hopefully going to DL in June, so wasn't too worried about getting on a lot of rides in MK since I can do them in DL

Got to MK turn styles at 7:10am for a 8am opening, went right to 7DMT, it was not running yet, I was pretty close to the front of the line (a little past pooh) I think if I had arrived more than 10 minutes later, it would have been smarter to do other rides first and do 7DMT at the very end of the night (but I wasn't staying in MK all day either, so I definitely wanted to get it done)
The line started moving at 7:35, I got on at 7:46a

7:53a - I wanted to do peter pan since I assumed it would be a walk on and it was right there, but it wasn't running yet, small world was running, opted against doing that.

Hoofed it to frontierland, 8am and big thunder was a walk on, did it twice in a row - splash mountain still hadn't started running yet while I was doing BT, it was running by the time I got off and said 5 minute wait time on the app lol that was not accurate, app changed to 50 minutes soon, but I only waited 20 minutes after getting in line for it at 8:20a

9a - 2p in MK I literally just stalked all the characters because my past trips I had been to busy on rides to see the train station characters and I really wanted to see all of the different groups. Then I saw all the cavalcades. I walked around and took photos and had sleep hollow & citrus swirl in between some of the longer gaps between cavalcades.

in depth report of MK characters I made here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/character-sighting-tips-frequencies.3834767/

Left a cast compliment at guest relations (I'm sure this is very much appreciated if you have time and have a special experience with a cast member and was very easy to do at guest relations. I'm sure the guest relations CMs also enjoy hearing positive stories instead of being yelled at most of the day haha, the CM at the door seemed to have a sigh of relief when she asked why I was there and I said a cast compliment)

Got in the MK to epcot bus line at 2:08 and was at the epcot pylons at 2:34. Went around and took photos and got the orange bird shoulder plush at mouse gears (no where else seemed to have him!) Saw princess cavalcade and mickey, and really just took a million more photos of all the topiaries until 5:45. I knew I would do rides after the sunlight was gone! The crowds weren't bad at epcot, like I was able to get most topiary photos without waiting or people around, except for the darn france pavilion! We could really use the extra space around the rat ride!

Skylined over to HS and got there at 6:10, I was taking photos near MMRR in a minnie mouse inspired outfit and a CM saw me and asked if I wanted to ride, and I was like yes I am definitely going to later! And they were like no, you can ride now through the fast pass line 🥺 Posted wait was 25, I was intrigued to see how long posted wait was VS actual wait, but not intrigued enough to decline the nice magical moment!

Mickey and Minnie came by right when I got off MMRR just sweetening up the evening experience, and then I wanted to ride tower at 6:45 and was assuming the 50 minute posted wait time would be inaccurate, but i got tired trying to find the end of the line when it started to go into the fantasmic area and was worried it would end up being pretty close to posted wait time.

7pm - one hour until HS closed, Placed a mobile order for woodys for 730 pickup, ran to toy story land and did TSM (posted 15 min wait, it was a walk on), 715p - Alien was 15 minute posted, I didn't get on until 7:27, wasn't expecting to actually wait around 15 minutes!
Rookie move to not push "I'm here prepare my order" on mobile order earlier, I should have pushed it before I went to the bathroom, not after while I was just standing in the waiting area for mobile orders with everyone else looking dumb and sad and hungry. Very quickly ate (brought the tots to go in my purse whoops) and got in line for Slinky at 7:46 - posted wait was 45 minutes but the line didnt even extend past the actual entrance where the sign and times are listed! Got on at 8:06

Took my TIME getting to the front of the park (my feet HURT, went to get some band aids on the way out) - the skyliner line looked LONG, and I didnt want to have to wait in another long line to transfer, so I wish I could tell you how long the wait was but.. I took an uber back to epcot. I also knew I wanted to go right to spaceship earth and didnt want to walk from france, so it was worth the $23 uber for my feet! Finding an uber or lyft was a PAIN, they kept telling me there were no cars, and was I SURE I wanted to take a car? Not the only time it was hard to find a ride at peak hours, so plan ahead for that possibility.

Got in line for spaceship earth at 9:03, got on at 9:12 (20 minute posted wait)
9:40 - walked on nemo, wow i forgot how long that line was though just of walking time, my poor feet and my dumb self for not having better shoes :(
9:50 - figment was a walk on.
10:15 - frozen said 20 minute wait, got in line where the troll topiary is, got on at 10:25. Do not love the plexiglass at all, but i have no room to complain when I only waited 10 minutes for frozen!
10:45 - How were my feet still functioning now - I am not sure - Soarin said posted 30 minute wait, I got on like in my seat at 11p.
A+ way to round out the longest day in the history of my feet.

Meant for this to be a posted wait times vs actual wait time post, but got carried away 😂 Hope this helps someone though! Do toy story rides and epcot rides super late at night! (No idea about test track tips though besides jumping in line for that one at 10:55p if possible i guess!)

Without fast passes but with mobile ordering and checking wait times, how are you doing with your phone's battery life? I ordered a battery pack but it is sooo bulky and heavy, I am thinking of returning it based on experiences in the park right now.

I have an iPhone 11 and had no problem using WDW app, checking wait times, taking pics, etc. all day and had battery left. I did however put my phone on low power mode every morning and we did not stay until closing on any day we were there.

YMMV
Mark in MN

Last edited:
Not just all star, but comps at WDW. I just didn't understand how bringing up comps in Tennessee would affect park strategies at WDW.

ha! Now I get this - I must have misstated where it was and mixed up the Gaylord resorts. It's the one in Orlando, with quite a few of them happening in June/July.

Without fast passes but with mobile ordering and checking wait times, how are you doing with your phone's battery life? I ordered a battery pack but it is sooo bulky and heavy, I am thinking of returning it based on experiences in the park right now.

Last trip, we brought our "old" phones to use in park on wifi, then our regular phones were for texting each other, etc. It was a little annoying carrying two phones, but at least I didn't run out of battery.

In people mover line right now. Constantly moving, but does show a 40 min wait but I’d wait longer to get on. MK is super busy today but seeing good mask compliance. Social distancing is another story. I think people forget manners when they go on vacation.

Just back from a weekend stay, and we stayed at the Yacht Club.

We had made the reservations a while ago and never were able to add the Friday night at YC, so booked the Friday at the Hyatt at the airport. It turned out to be a good decision because our flight was delayed several times and our original 2PM arrival turned into a 9 PM arrival. The restaurant there, McCoys, is pretty good and they serve until midnight. I'm not sure any other food locations were open at the airport at 9 PM

Went down to MDE about 730 AM , and there was no line. We got right on our bus. We anticipated we would have to wait a little bit which wasn’t a problem and about 20 minutes later the bus left. This is where it got a little strange. The driver entered property and drove past AOA and POP. He then dropped people at the Caribbean Beach and Riviera. Then we went back to AOA and POP and drop some more people. Then he said the next stop is Coronado, so we went there. Then he gets back on the bus and said OK and our last stop today will be Kidani. So DH and I look at each other wondering what was going on. we were at the back of the bus so just shouted out what about the Yacht Club. I don’t know if the driver didn’t write down the resorts he was going to or just forgot, but after a tour of six other places we did finally arrive at the YC. The return to the airport was much better we only stopped at the BC and Boardwalk and then the Airport.

we went to Epcot and the Studios. Both were really nice days, with pool breaks in the afternoon. I wish all of the pools on property had a sand bottom. It sure is nice when your feet are tired. As others have reported mask compliance was pretty good but not perfect as was distancing in line. We did enjoy the flower and garden booths and all of the lovely topiaries. I will say on Saturday night there were some folks who had had a few too many at Epcot, including one clearly inebriated lady who should not have been driving a scooter!

We prefer the cruise line at this point, and don’t have another stay planned for the parks in the near future in hopes that cruising will be able to start again soon.

Last edited:
okay - day 3 here (MK today). this may be a hot take, and maybe a little harsh. but the vibe i’ve been getting from guests are the worst of the worst. people who think COVID was a joke, complete disregard for personal space, and that rules don’t apply to them. there are SO MANY large groups (cheer groups aside) - a lot of huge family reunion type groups. Multiple times today at MK we were in line for a snack, and out of no where 10 people showed up to be with the person in front of us, and made it impossible to social distance. Thank god we are vaccinated, because i would have had multiple panic attacks so far today.

Recently back after a great trip from 4/17-4/23. We got ROR boarding group 32 using no special tricks other than my 14 year old's fast fingers. Had delicious meals at CA Grill, Raglan Road, BOG, Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby and Grand Floridian Cafe. Rope dropped most mornings and walked on our favorite rides. Saw a few cheerleaders, no issues with chanting or large groups.

I’ve seen many groups of cheerleaders (and I am VERY easily annoyed), and honestly they haven’t bothered me a bit. I haven’t heard any chanting or seen any obnoxious behavior at all. I was dreading it when I started seeing them, but it’s been a total non-issue.

That’s reassuring. Thanks for the positive report.

okay - day 3 here (MK today). this may be a hot take, and maybe a little harsh. but the vibe i’ve been getting from guests are the worst of the worst. people who think COVID was a joke, complete disregard for personal space, and that rules don’t apply to them. there are SO MANY large groups (cheer groups aside) - a lot of huge family reunion type groups. Multiple times today at MK we were in line for a snack, and out of no where 10 people showed up to be with the person in front of us, and made it impossible to social distance. Thank god we are vaccinated, because i would have had multiple panic attacks so far today.
Soooo many large family groups last week too. Like every family was 12-20 people and yeah, if one person got in front of you here comes everyone else. I was over it by the end of our visit too. Thinking these are a lot of groups that had to cancel in 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter