I'm super excited/nervous about our trip this week. I've been to Disney many times but this is my first trip without kids and during a pandemic.

In the past we used Mini Vans which would drop you off right at the front of the parks. How is it now with normaly Lyft/Uber?
So the major difference is that regular Lyft can only drop at TTC for Magic Kingdom while the Minnie vans could drop you closer where the busses go (at least the times we have used it). There is not any special rideshare line for the park entrances and you will be waiting in line with the cars.

I know this isn't a viable option for some folks, especially with the difficulty getting rental cars lately, but if you have a car, I HIGHLY recommend driving everywhere and skipping the buses. I've been driving to every park throughout the pandemic and it's quick and easy, with no waiting around for a bus to show up. And with reduced park capacity, there's plenty of parking available.

We stay at BWV and drive to AK. Walk to HS and Epcot but have always bussed it to MK. Now that I am seeing the craziness on the busses. I am thinking we may drive to MK - though I know we will then have to take the monorail. How is driving to MK or uber/lyft to MK and then taking the Monorail?

We stay at BWV and drive to AK. Walk to HS and Epcot but have always bussed it to MK. Now that I am seeing the craziness on the busses. I am thinking we may drive to MK - though I know we will then have to take the monorail. How is driving to MK or uber/lyft to MK and then taking the Monorail?
Easy! Add an extra 15-20ish minutes to your arrival time, maybe more at a busy time. I drove from ASMo to Mk last week: took maybe 10 mins from parking lot to parking lot, 5 mins to walk to TTC, a few minutes to walk through security and up to monorail, 5mins waiting/riding monorail to MK. If there's a long line for he monorail, go with the ferry. And/or take the ferry if you're not pressed for time and want to enjoy a relaxing ride across the water!

I know this isn't a viable option for some folks, especially with the difficulty getting rental cars lately, but if you have a car, I HIGHLY recommend driving everywhere and skipping the buses. I've been driving to every park throughout the pandemic and it's quick and easy, with no waiting around for a bus to show up. And with reduced park capacity, there's plenty of parking available.
We are going next week and we plan to drive instead of using resort transportation to the parks. The only one I questioned was MK since we would have to park at TTC and take boat/monorail over. We are staying at SSR, so do you think driving to MK is still the best option or should we bus it?

Easy! Add an extra 15-20ish minutes to your arrival time, maybe more at a busy time. I drove from ASMo to Mk last week: took maybe 10 mins from parking lot to parking lot, 5 mins to walk to TTC, a few minutes to walk through security and up to monorail, 5mins waiting/riding monorail to MK. If there's a long line for he monorail, go with the ferry. And/or take the ferry if you're not pressed for time and want to enjoy a relaxing ride across the water!
You answered my question, maybe I should read to the bottom of the thread next time 😆 Sounds like driving to MK may be the way to go for us, we would probably take the ferry over. Has the ferry or monorail been more crowded recently?

We are going next week and we plan to drive instead of using resort transportation to the parks. The only one I questioned was MK since we would have to park at TTC and take boat/monorail over. We are staying at SSR, so do you think driving to MK is still the best option or should we bus it?
We would still bus to MK, unless we wanted to ride the ferry or monorail for fun. The walk from MK parking lot to TTC isn’t a fun start to the day, especially when it’s hot and humid, unless you’re one of the first into the parking lot and get to park up close. We often don’t come until after lunch.

Since we're staying at BWV in a few weeks and going to MK I was thinking about adding the park hopper to head to HS or Epcot in the evening since we can just walk. For those who have been recently, how has your experience been with PH? Any issues getting into the park you want?

Since we're staying at BWV in a few weeks and going to MK I was thinking about adding the park hopper to head to HS or Epcot in the evening since we can just walk. For those who have been recently, how has your experience been with PH? Any issues getting into the park you want?
Park hopping won’t be an issue, there hasn’t been a single day since it restarted when it hasn’t been allowed.

You answered my question, maybe I should read to the bottom of the thread next time 😆 Sounds like driving to MK may be the way to go for us, we would probably take the ferry over. Has the ferry or monorail been more crowded recently?

We arrived on Sunday around 3pm. Parked at T&TC, 5 minute walk to the security check - no wait for temp or security. Waited 3 minutes for a monorail. They were coming right after the other.

It's SO quick and easy right now, even arriving mid-afternoon on a sold out weekend.

We were parked in Scar - it's really not a long walk IMO even in the heat.

Has the ferry or monorail been more crowded recently?
I think that will really depend on the time of day. I arrived around 1pm and neither had any line, but it may be different near opening. Both lines are visible as you walk into the plaza at TTC, so if you see a long one for monorail, head to the ferry. The ferry loads a TON of people per boat, so even if it has a lot of folks waiting, they'll all load onto the next ferry to arrive. CMs are always out there, too, telling people to use one or the other if one has a longer wait.

We arrived on Sunday around 3pm. Parked at T&TC, 5 minute walk to the security check - no wait for temp or security. Waited 3 minutes for a monorail. They were coming right after the other.

It's SO quick and easy right now, even arriving mid-afternoon on a sold out weekend.

We were parked in Scar - it's really not a long walk IMO even in the heat.
Same here with a 1pm-ish arrival. Parked immediately in Scar and was in MK within 10 minutes. The walk isn't any longer or worse than from the bus depot.

As shown very well by the 2 posts prior to this, requesting pictures is not necessarily a good way of determining crowds. Everything depends on where you are at a specific moment. There are open areas and crowded areas.

I would also add that something that skews perspective is that the length of lines to accommodate for physical distancing often results in people being along the edges of pathways where they wouldn't have been before.

Also Disney is not being consistent. One one HM ride they were leaving every other buggy open. Later on second time they were filling every buggy. On BTMRR, they announced that all seats were being filled to expedite moving people through. On POTC, they were spacing seats with every other seat empty. TTA People Mover they were leaving empty cars between parties. Stopped in the Emporium on the way out. Wall to wall people. Made a quick exit. Felt nice to get back to our hotel. 😊😊

100%. Sometimes they would even make contradictory statements in the same announcement. "For your safety, please remain 6 feet apart from the party in front of you. Also, we will be seating every row." What??

from what I have been reading looks like buses start arriving before cars are allowed in for parking. MK is one park I would bus or boat

100%. Sometimes they would even make contradictory statements in the same announcement. "For your safety, please remain 6 feet apart from the party in front of you. Also, we will be seating every row." What??
There's typically a barrier though while seated right? Plexiglass or something else?

from what I have been reading looks like buses start arriving before cars are allowed in for parking. MK is one park I would bus or boat
Definitely true, although the gap is somewhat variable. Usually, buses can arrive about 15 to 45 minutes before the lot is open to private cars or Uber/Lyft. Uber/Lyft does, however, get you to the gate much faster than self parking. I know at least at DHS, there is a separate lane for them.

For MK, I prefer Monorail.

My family is heading home after a couple hours at DHS. As I’ve mentioned numerous times, each time at Disney is different.

When we arrived to the parking lot is was 91 degrees. We passed by a lot of people heading to their cars. Very few were wearing masks besides us. I think we passed maybe a handful who actually had them on. Everyone else had them completely off.

Got inside the park and mask compliance was ok until we got to toy story land. Lots of people walking while eating and drinking or in line for Slinky without a mask. Most benches we saw throughout the park had people without masks sitting on them. Outside of Hollywood and Vine restaurant, the people waiting to be seated were sitting on benches without masks. Inside the tunnel to Galaxy’s Edge, people made their own relaxation station and were maskless sitting along the walls.

In total contrast, we watched One Man’s Dream and the cm before the show announced that masks were required to be worn throughout the show. She added that it needs to be covering both your mouth and nose. And said that those that don’t comply will be asked to leave.

As I’ve said before, we go about once a week or so. And today was the worst I’ve seen for mask compliance at a park. However, it’s still better than at my grocery store where very few wear masks. Or outside where you might see one or two people wearing a mask.

There were signs placed in Walk ways reminding guests to wear masks. And the announcements voiced by Tom Kane and Mark Daniels played often.

Oh and Rise of the Resistance was amazing as always!!

Got inside the park and mask compliance was ok until we got to toy story land. Lots of people walking while eating and drinking or in line for Slinky without a mask. Most benches we saw throughout the park had people without masks sitting on them. Outside of Hollywood and Vine restaurant, the people waiting to be seated were sitting on benches without masks. Inside the tunnel to Galaxy’s Edge, people made their own relaxation station and were maskless sitting along the walls.

It is confusing because even the cast members aren’t clear of the rules. My sister and I had slushees in our hand as we got into line for MMRR and the cast member smiled and said, “You can drink those as long as you aren’t moving. As soon as you start moving again, you have to replace your mask”. I was actually quite shocked to hear that. So that may explain a little bit why people are eating/drinking in line as well as sitting on random benches without a mask.

Absolutely agree. we were visiting family in Florida before our Disney portion of the trip so we had a rental car. It was glorious walking straight to the car and going exactly where we wanted to go, when we wanted to go. I would have been so frustrated if we had to deal with some of the bus situations I’ve read here. We also splurged on preferred parking - that was amazing at the end of the day after 10+ hours in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter