Can anyone currently there report on the social distancing status of the busses? Are they still assigning everyone seat or to they allow standing? TIA!

We’ve been here since Tuesday and there’s no social distancing on buses at all. Cramming everyone in like the old days including standing. Masks are required though.
Same. All seats and standing areas completely crammed.

Please report back on Rockin Rollercoaster! :) My kid is obsessed with that ride but I don't do loops and it would save the day if he could just go through that single rider again and again!
Fair warning, that single rider line is not terribly efficient. Often times it takes longer than the regular line, if there are a lot of people in it. Because it seats in twos, there are a lot fewer empty seats.

I was definitely still half asleep when I wrote my post this morning, otherwise I would NOT have forgotten to mention this😂! One of our absolute favorite things to do was hang out in Galaxy’s Edge and use the PlayDisney app. You can accept “missions” that involve solving puzzles and culminate with surrounding droids, ships and antennas moving, lighting up and making noise. It’s really fun to watch unsuspecting guests react! All four of us had fun with this!

I was definitely still half asleep when I wrote my post this morning, otherwise I would NOT have forgotten to mention this😂! One of our absolute favorite things to do was hang out in Galaxy’s Edge and use the PlayDisney app. You can accept “missions” that involve solving puzzles and culminate with surrounding droids, ships and antennas moving, lighting up and making noise. It’s really fun to watch unsuspecting guests react! All four of us had fun with this!
We're planning on spending most of a day in GE and this is right up my kids alley (ala Agent P missions in Epcot). Is there anything you have to do to initiate the "missions" in the PlayDisney app or do they just show up if you open the app while in GE?

Fair warning, that single rider line is not terribly efficient. Often times it takes longer than the regular line, if there are a lot of people in it. Because it seats in twos, there are a lot fewer empty seats.
It's not the seating, but I don't know what it is. Everest also has the same seating set up and has an incredibly efficient single rider line.

It's not the seating, but I don't know what it is. Everest also has the same seating set up and has an incredibly efficient single rider line.
I think that's because you can SEE the single rider line before you enter it and choose not to get in it if it's long. At R&RRC the line is hidden and you don't realize that it's super long until you exit the pre-show area.

I think that's because you can SEE the single rider line before you enter it and choose not to get in it if it's long. At R&RRC the line is hidden and you don't realize that it's super long until you exit the pre-show area.
maybe, I always find there is almost no one in the EE single rider line. and the RnR line is always long. I also think the EE single rider line is not nearly as obvious, that might make a difference also.

Could be part of it. I just feel like with Everest its almost constantly moving and you never have to wait long. With RnR I feel like I just stand forever.

We're planning on spending most of a day in GE and this is right up my kids alley (ala Agent P missions in Epcot). Is there anything you have to do to initiate the "missions" in the PlayDisney app or do they just show up if you open the app while in GE?
Star Wars Data Pad is one of the options you scroll through when you open the app. Click on that, and then there will be a button for “jobs.” From here you can choose missions!

We need to commission a study to see if, statistically speaking, more people ride RnRC in pairs/even numbers and more ride EE in odd number groups. That could account for why the single rider line at EE is typically a short wait and RnRC (even if there aren't that many people in the single rider line) always seems to take a lot longer.

We had 2 days at HS on 6/8 and 6/9. The first day we rope dropped the park, the second we closed it down to see what was more efficient in these new times. Here is a comparison of what we accomplished on each day:

TUESDAY 6/8

7:00 AM - I get boarding group 35 for Rise in our room at CSR (yay!)

7:36 - First bus to HS arrives

7:50 - Arrival at HS. We're held by the Skylines loading area.

8:00 - We're allowed to move forward and held at the tapstiles.

8:20 - Park opens. We head to MMRR and walk on.

8:35 - We hop over to Star Tours, also a walk on.

9:00 - ToT and RNR both begin running. RNR immediately has a 40 minute wait, while ToT is at 20 so we opt to do that.

9:40 - We exit Tower and decide that DH will do RNR in single rider. Rise finally begins calling boarding groups for the day.

10:15 - Waits are high just about everywhere and it's already 90 degrees. We head over to Muppets and walk in as the next show is about to start.

11:00 - Lunch at ABC Commissary. While we're eating our Rise boarding group is called.

11:40 - We scan in at Galaxy's Edge for Rise.

12:20 - Off the ride, and ready to head back to CSR and relax.

WEDNESDAY 6/9

2:00 PM - We arrive at HS and head back to Galaxy's Edge.

2:20 - Our droid building reservation. Was pretty backed up, they wouldn't even let us line up for it until exactly 2:20, and then we waited almost a half hour until we could actually start to build.

3:15 - Droid is finished. It's broiling hot, and GE is a zoo. You have to wait in line for everything, even to go into the shops. We'll come back later and head to TSMM.

4:00 - Off the ride and the wait for Slinky is 80 minutes. We may as well go take another turn on Star Tours. It's practically a walk on. Afterward, some shopping at Tatooine Traders.

5:00 - Almost time for dinner. We sit outside Sci-fi in the shade and wait to check in. Cast members from the restaurant are handing out cups of ice water to people waiting.

6:30 - Finished with dinner, and MFSR is now posting a 20 minute wait. In fact, it's basically a walk on.

7:10 - We're finally allowed to shop in GE!

7:40 - We get in line for Slinky. It's posted at 70 minutes, we wait 40.

8:30 - We leave the park.

DD and I spent a couple of hours on our last trip doing this! We hopped over, did one ride (most were too long and we had another full DHS planned), and then played...and played before hopping back to close out MK lol. Her highlight was getting the Stormtroopers' attention over at Kylo's ship 🤣 . Those guys are so funny.

Thanks for all the single rider tips everyone! Very helpful. I think we'll stick with our heading to RRR first plan... if we don't do it first anyways, I'll be hearing about it all morning long lol! One day I'll put my big girl pants on and ride. One day...

Thanks for all the single rider tips everyone! Very helpful. I think we'll stick with our heading to RRR first plan... if we don't do it first anyways, I'll be hearing about it all morning long lol! One day I'll put my big girl pants on and ride. One day...
I'll stay on the sidelines with ya!! 😂

My DD loves this ride and I've done it twice for her since she won't go alone (it took me years to get my big girl pants on). My last I'm pretty sure was my final ride...
If WDW is now allowing requests, I might try it one more time if I can sit towards the very front. If I still don't like it, three strikes and I'm out! lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter