• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Of course I agree that the old a.m. EMH was better than the proposed 30 minutes early........BUT.....in that 30 minutes I should be able to hit TWO headliners before the public and I can do it every single day of my stay.

That means I should always be ahead of the crowd curve for a good part of the morning.

I will take that over no early entry before the public at all.

When Disney announced they were doing away with Extra Magic Hours, they made it sound like on site guests would be able to enter any of the parks 30 minutes early. It isn't clear to me from trip reports - is there any difference when you are allowed to enter the parks based on if you are staying on site?

We’re here now and wveeyone is being let in about 45ish min early. Nothing special or extra for resort guests yet.

Of course I agree that the old a.m. EMH was better than the proposed 30 minutes early........BUT.....in that 30 minutes I should be able to hit TWO headliners before the public and I can do it every single day of my stay.

That means I should always be ahead of the crowd curve for a good part of the morning.

I will take that over no early entry before the public at all.
Unless you're at the head of the pack, I don't see getting 2 headliners in within 30 minutes. Ride 1 and by the time you get to the next one, there will be a wait that has formed just from onsite guests. 1 ride yes, but 2 is a stretch and for me, to go through the trouble of being there really early to be in front is not worth 1 ride. FP would work ever so much better. :)

Is it better than nothing? Sure. But I expect more than the level of better than nothing when paying WDW resort prices. It's just another case of getting less and less while paying more. I'd love for them to explain how doing away with EMH somehow makes us all safer- because that's the excuse they're going with and it's ridiculous.

Here now and my shoes have failed me. Can anytime tell me where I can get flip flops at magic kingdom?

Oh no! I can’t think of anywhere in MK that has adult shoes. You might be able to find crocs, but sizes are very limited. I saw them at Epcot at Mousegears, but haven’t seen adult ones at MK.

Thanks! Good to hear. Normally that area gives me a panic attack with the crowding and pushing! A little breathing room is ok- like to the point where I don't have other peoples' body parts on top of me!
Once DD and I discovered a strategy for HM. I check in under 5 ft and always get trampled. Until the year we discovered the tall dad backpack strategy! Lol

Backpack makes it so we don't crowd him as we follow him closely in. He gets us easily out onto line for doom buggies every time!

Kidding....but it's a huge joke in my family now because it does work...
MK is still allowing cars to line up early without circling around. Arrived 6:35 am and cars already here for 8 am opening. I'll try to circle back when they open. (Suspect it will be at 7).
It was 7:01 when we started moving.

If anyone is at HS this week for Rope Drop, please report back what time they let you go to the rides. I saw on the previous page that they held them in a large group at the Chinese Theater until about 8:45 before letting people go to rides. Wanted to see what other people's experiences are this week.

We were held at the Chinese theater until a few minutes before 8:30 Friday and yesterday. There was a welcoming announcement and cast members led guests to either Toy Story or Star Wars lands or in line for MMRR.

We were held at the Chinese theater until a few minutes before 8:30 Friday and yesterday. There was a welcoming announcement and cast members led guests to either Toy Story or Star Wars lands or in line for MMRR.

Could you go to rock n roller coaster or Tower of terror right away, or was everyone held at the Chinese theater for ALL attractions?

Dan

Once DD and I discovered a strategy for HM. I check in under 5 ft and always get trampled. Until the year we discovered the tall dad backpack strategy! Lol

Backpack makes it so we don't crowd him as we follow him closely in. He gets us easily out onto line for doom buggies every time!

Kidding....but it's a huge joke in my family now because it does work...
It was 7:01 when we started moving.
Ha! My DH is not super tall (5'11") but he's broad/pretty solid so using him as a blocker usually helps. I still swear that room is a nightmare, though!

MK today. I was terrible about recording waits, but they weren’t bad at all. We arrived at 8:15 and by 12 we did all three mountains, HM, pirates, small world, mine train, and people mover. Lunch at Tony’s where they accommodated our request to eat outside and then back to hotel to rest. Came back to Epcot tonight and it’s much much busier than yesterday. Annoyingly so, lol. World showcase is packed. Still great, though! Side note - during our afternoon break we tried to go to the Disney outlet and were told it was a two hour wait to get in! No thank you! Tomorrow is HS again- hoping for success!

Today was our first day at the Disney parks for our summer trip. We started at MK.

Last week, we’ve been using our Universal AP with express pass after 4 to enjoy evenings in the park. So when it came to a new system for Disney, we didn’t know if we’d spoiled ourselves too much with sleeping in. Prior to this trip, we were a rope drop family, rest in the afternoons, and come back until closing. We’re also lucky in that we’ve done the parks before, so it felt easier to play with this trip.

We woke up around 9, had breakfast, and drove to the parks around 11. It was busy but manageable. I watched the wait time on the app and let that be our guide for the day. By 8PM, we’d done the mountains, the classics and snack breaks. The longest wait was SDMT with 55 mins, but it went by quickly.

We’re staying off property and saw masks being checked for the monorail but not the ferry. Inside the park, it was minimal with masks, including those under 12. This is the first time not being in the bubble, it’s fine, the only downside is the traffic on 4.

With wait times not being so extreme, we might stick to this system.

A rainy day is expected tomorrow, on to AK we go!

Could you go to rock n roller coaster or Tower of terror right away, or was everyone held at the Chinese theater for ALL attractions?

Dan

Sorry. We walked past the intersection both days focused on waiting to get to SDD and MMRR first.

Did not even look down the street to RnR and Tower of Terror.

We did get on them, though before 1 pm after touring Toy Story area on one day and Star Wars land the other.

Are waits for Magical Express more reasonable now that they're seating every row? We arrive Wednesday afternoon and really hoping we won't have a giant line to greet us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter