yes - Fireknife is part of the show. Just no tumble monkeys or aerial birds. No longer give animal labels to each section, no pre-showy kind of stuff, no picking a crowd member to make the animal noise, no kids parade during finale.
Does the show still run for about 30 minutes, or is it quite a bit shorter without those acts? I’m debating on going there first for the 10:30 show or for the Nomad Lounge 11:00 opening…

I just got put on medicine that I need to keep out of the sun and of course leave in 4 days. I bought a uv umbrella, but are there still resting stations? I am ok with going back to the hotel, solo, if need be as well.

What a bummer! I would also try to think strategically and do the rides with outdoor queues in the mornings/evenings and save afternoons for more indoor shows/indoor ride queues/shopping/etc.

Just to be clear, they are doing the stretching room again? And the preshow for Tower of Terror? Those are my favorites and I really missed them the other week.

I did HM twice yesterday. In the morning, they did the stretching room. In the evening, they did not, however in the evening it had been down off and on for a bit, so that may be why...

We were at HS today and they did the pre - show for both TOT and RNRC which made us very happy! A Bellhop said they had been doing TOT pre-show for 2 days...

We ropedropped HS this morning. The first bus for HS didn't leave our resort until 8am, so we didn't get there until about 8:15. People were held in groups to head towards different attractions - lots of signage and CMs to point people in the right direction.

We went down Sunset Blvd for TOT. They held us in line until 8:30am and "opened" and walked us to the attractiion, and then essentially it was a walk-on. Quick donut stop then to RNRC. It had a posted 15 minute wait and it was probably about that. By the time we got out a little after 9am there was a posted 60 minute wait (if I recall correctly... it was definitely 45+). Lines built very quickly, it didn't help that MMRR appeared to be down around 9...

As I mentioned above, both rides had the pre- show! :-)

I just got put on medicine that I need to keep out of the sun and of course leave in 4 days. I bought a uv umbrella, but are there still resting stations? I am ok with going back to the hotel, solo, if need be as well.

We find Epcot to be the best park for staying out of the sun.

Many sport/outdoor clothing make clothing with UV protection. You’ll need a good sunblock too. A wide brimmed hat should help. Those are all things I had to do after radiation treatment.

Well, you could be like me and regretting going in mid-June and getting home days before all the plexiglass started coming down, pre-shows returning, etc!

But I will agree that crowds were definitely returning to a normal summer crowd. We actually didn't mind FP too much, but we rope dropped each day and were able to knock out the headliners. Our last MK day, we had done Seven Dwarves, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Big Thunder by 10.

This was us as well. Really happy they are moving in the right direction but I'm really sad that we didn't get to do the stretching room or ToT pre-show, had plexiglass on Frozen, Kilimanjaro, etc, and other halfway Covid restrictions that we still in place a week ago.

Just to be clear, they are doing the stretching room again? And the preshow for Tower of Terror? Those are my favorites and I really missed them the other week.
Yes, we were in stretching room Sunday around 11am and Tower library on Monday.

At MK we did not have a rope drop on Sunday. HS did on Monday. Will have to read up on Epcot and AK!

BB had a rope drop this morning - not a minute before 11! Not super pleasant.

What is a traditional rope drop? Is that just the park opening on time and adhering to its posted hours, not opening early?
Traditional rope drop is that guests are granted access to the first bit of the parks but cannot actually access any attractions until the official park opening time.

It is called Rope Drop because cast members stand with a rope signalling how far guests can go before official park opening. In the past they actually dropped the rope but in recent years they slowly walk guests into the next parts of the park.

Traditional rope drop is that guests are granted access to the first bit of the parks but cannot actually access any attractions until the official park opening time.

It is called Rope Drop because cast members stand with a rope signalling how far guests can go before official park opening. In the past they actually dropped the rope but in recent years they slowly walk guests into the next parts of the park.
Thanks! Guess I’ve never been QUITE that early…. Maybe I’m being too literal, but did they actually used to drop the rope and people had to step over it and try not to trip?? Or do you mean they’d wind the rope up and walk away, allowing the stampede to begin?
I had to ask because I’m always amazed people don’t trip and get their shoes caught in the horse drawn trolley tracks and fall or sprain their ankles. I’m also amazed anyone can see at night with the lights being super dim. Both those things have always seemed like accidents waiting to happen!

What is a traditional rope drop? Is that just the park opening on time and adhering to its posted hours, not opening early?
Rope drop is not typically at official opening time. It's usually earlier, 10-15 min at least, up to 30-45 min at times pre -covid. Except MK who had the welcome show, there's was always right at official time.

Ive seen this a few times but want to reiterate, NEVER rely on the Skyliner for anything. We used it to get from HS to Epcot on June 7th. Well, when we went to return to HS a half hour before Epcot closed, we were told the HS line was closed and we would need to take a bus. No biggie, we asked where the closest place to catch a bus was and the lady said to walk over to Boardwalk and grab a bus to HS. Well.... when we got to Boardwalks bus station, the HS line was labeled "Use Skyliner". Thankfully, there was an empty bus there and upon explaining the entire story to the driver, he gave us a private ride to the HS bus station. I would have been really disappointed if we had to walk all the way back to the front of Epcot or call for an Uber/MinnieVan. It was already past ten o clock by the time we had arrived at Boardwalk.

Other than that, it was a perfect trip! (just don't rely on the Skyliner, ever)

Last day today and spent it at MK. It was more crowded and lines were longer than on our visit two days before. We also got off to a slow start and missed rope drop (got there around 8:30) and I think that messed us up. Luckily we had done headliners the other day so we focused on some of the less popular rides that had 5-15 minute waits. We put in a mobile order at Pinocchio village haus on our ferry ride over to MK and picked it up at 11 with no problem. I actually like that they don’t let you in until your order is ready - makes it much easier to find a seat.
We had a snack by the entrance toward the end of our day and our last sight was the Mickey cavalcade and he blew a kiss at my daughter. Pretty much a picture perfect finish to a Disney trip! Now back to reality… delayed at MCO with my whiny and tired kids. 😂😂😭😭
Here are some general takeaways:
-Rope drop, mid day break and evening return really worked for us.
- the thread here about boarding groups for ROTR really helped me and I was two for two getting am boarding groups
- if you have any crowd/covid concerns, I would rethink. Our family wore masks the whole time and we were a distinct minority. Maybe 5 percent, if that? We were often shoulder to shoulder inside and it felt really weird after 15 months of isolation.
- put in your lunch mobile order early, like first thing when you get there, to get your pick of places and pick up times
- this was my first time bringing a Uv umbrella and it really helped me in the long unshaded lines.

a big thank you to this thread for helping me prep. I hope my posts have given back in some small way.

Ive seen this a few times but want to reiterate, NEVER rely on the Skyliner for anything. We used it to get from HS to Epcot on June 7th. Well, when we went to return to HS a half hour before Epcot closed, we were told the HS line was closed and we would need to take a bus. No biggie, we asked where the closest place to catch a bus was and the lady said to walk over to Boardwalk and grab a bus to HS. Well.... when we got to Boardwalks bus station, the HS line was labeled "Use Skyliner". Thankfully, there was an empty bus there and upon explaining the entire story to the driver, he gave us a private ride to the HS bus station. I would have been really disappointed if we had to walk all the way back to the front of Epcot or call for an Uber/MinnieVan. It was already past ten o clock by the time we had arrived at Boardwalk.

Other than that, it was a perfect trip! (just don't rely on the Skyliner, ever)
I'm sorry this happened. Thankful you were able to find a way to get to your vehicle. (I'm guessing that's why you were attempting to get back to DHS.)

This is a time to mention that if you're driving and changing parks, it's a good idea to take your vehicle with you if at all possible. If you hop to a park that is open later than the original park, it may be very difficult to get back to your vehicle if the park is closed. If it is within an hour of park closing you may find Disney transportation that will take you to the closed park but it may also be necessary to hire private transportation or walk (when possible) to the closed park.

Another option if you need to get from Epcot to DHS after DHS has closed, is a walking path. From IG it's not that much further than walking to the front of Epcot to catch a bus.

Just left Epcot, for the most part if felt like just a regular day and business mostly as usual. Saw very few masks. Even security and some outside cm were not wearing masks. Indoor cm were. Social distancing is gone.

There was a thunderstorm and it dropped the temp by 20 degrees! Light rain until we left, then there skies opened up.

Last day today and spent it at MK. It was more crowded and lines were longer than on our visit two days before. We also got off to a slow start and missed rope drop (got there around 8:30) and I think that messed us up. Luckily we had done headliners the other day so we focused on some of the less popular rides that had 5-15 minute waits. We put in a mobile order at Pinocchio village haus on our ferry ride over to MK and picked it up at 11 with no problem. I actually like that they don’t let you in until your order is ready - makes it much easier to find a seat.
We had a snack by the entrance toward the end of our day and our last sight was the Mickey cavalcade and he blew a kiss at my daughter. Pretty much a picture perfect finish to a Disney trip! Now back to reality… delayed at MCO with my whiny and tired kids. 😂😂😭😭
Here are some general takeaways:
-Rope drop, mid day break and evening return really worked for us.
- the thread here about boarding groups for ROTR really helped me and I was two for two getting am boarding groups
- if you have any crowd/covid concerns, I would rethink. Our family wore masks the whole time and we were a distinct minority. Maybe 5 percent, if that? We were often shoulder to shoulder inside and it felt really weird after 15 months of isolation.
- put in your lunch mobile order early, like first thing when you get there, to get your pick of places and pick up times
- this was my first time bringing a Uv umbrella and it really helped me in the long unshaded lines.

a big thank you to this thread for helping me prep. I hope my posts have given back in some small way.

Thanks for this report, lots of good advice here. I've never brought an umbrella into the parks, but after hearing so many stories of waiting in long lines in the hot sun I may need to consider getting one. I have to admit that recent photos of RD at DHS are a bit scary, it seems so strange to see all the maskless faces crammed in like sardines. The crowds may be even worse by mid July, so I think we may also be the 'mask wearing family', but it's all good. Great tip about putting the mobile order in early! :)

Thanks for this report, lots of good advice here. I've never brought an umbrella into the parks, but after hearing so many stories of waiting in long lines in the hot sun I may need to consider getting one. I have to admit that recent photos of RD at DHS are a bit scary, it seems so strange to see all the maskless faces crammed in like sardines. The crowds may be even worse by mid July, so I think we may also be the 'mask wearing family', but it's all good. Great tip about putting the mobile order in early! :)
I will say everyone was respectful. No one made any comments about us wearing them and we didn’t judge those who didn’t. But, yes, it’s an overwhelming intro back into being around people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter