Do you get any sores/blisters from doing all that walking in your Tevas? I love mine, but haven't done a ton in them yet.

Not at all, but I don’t get blisters at all so probably a bad person to ask! I broke mine in before I went though, like going to Target and walking around the neighborhood. And I also make a habit of switching my shoes during my afternoon breaks from the parks. I switch between the Tevas and some Clarks Cloudsteppers.

Observations on our past week at Disney-
Rope drop is back at all parks- the two my family tolerated at my insistence our first two days, Epcot and Hollywood Studios, did not go well for us. In general, we found wait times overinflated in all 4 parks from 10-30 minutes. No distancing, no spaces between parties in shows or rides, and only a handful in masks. Glad things are back to normal. We like mobile ordering as we always order, hit I'm Here prepare my order, then walk to restaurant for maybe a 5 minute wait when we arrive. No trouble finding seats, even at Woody's Lunch Box, because you have to have your order ready before you enter. We use Mobile order at Woody's, Flame Tree, and Regal Eagle. Check in on your TS ressies 20 minutes early if you are anywhere near there and you have no wait when you arrive. We had to wait about 15-20 minutes to be seated after our check ins.

We arrived at IG at Epcot on Saturday our first day at 10, walking from Yacht Club, were allowed through security at 1015, and held at the rocks in Canada until 1035. We rushed to Test Track to a posted 90 minute wait. We were inside the building at 1130 when it broke down for 20 minutes. But we did get to design a car! Tip-go to Frozen or Soarin" first unless you are literally at the head of the pack- lines go slightly down for Test Track-lowest we saw was 60 minutes. We rode Soarin' twice-first we lucked up and were seated on B2, 2nd day C3-what a difference without distortion! The crispy pork belly at Citrus Blossom was SO GOOD! Second day at Epcot on Monday we had a pool morning and entered at 1pm, and saw no difference in lines. Don't rope drop Epcot.

HS- First day on Sunday , walking from Yacht Club, arrived at 8-Held in a long line until 815 to go through security, into the three divided lines at 830, and on MMRR at 845. Loved the preshow! Smuggler's Run was posted 45, took about 30. ToT posted 40, walked on basically. And saw the preshow! Also rode Star Tours and Midway Mania before our 1130 Brown Derby Ressie. We never got to ride Slinky and I was so sad! The line was always past the entrance to Toy Story Land. My son would not wait in lines that we never saw below 75 minutes after our Test Track disaster. We left at 1 for a break and only came back for our boarding group at 4. Saw Muppets waiting for it to be called. Packed preshow, packed auditorium. Second day at HS on Tuesday we entered park at 9 without waiting in any lines for security and tap points, line for MMRR was 40 minutes posted. MMRR broke down when we were almost in the building after a 25 minute wait, so we came back later and had about a 40 minute wait again, which was the only correct posted time we had the entire trip.. One side of Saucers also broken down so we skipped it until later in the day. On Sunday, our first HS day, we could not get boarding group from the Yacht Club, but no trouble at 1pm inside the park. We didn't hear of anyone inside the park not being able to get it at 1. Our group time said 260 minutes, but it kept shrinking and we were called at 445. On both days, Slinky was longest lines of any rides in any of the 4 parks.

On Wednesday son refused to rope drop AK. AK is so hot and humid, as usual. We arrived by car at 1030, rode Dinosaur with a 15 minute wait posted 25, grands walked on Triceratops Spin, and Everest basically walking through the queue although posted wait was 30. We used rider swap as one grand is 40 inches-she would have ridden it and loved it as she is a thrill seeker already! Walked the Jungle Trek and ate at Yak n Yeti for our 1130 ressie. Tough to Be A Bug was a walk on. Rode Safari with a 30 minute posted wait which was a walk on, did Gorilla Fall, then did have a 60 minute posted wait at Navi and were on it in 30. 90 minute posted wait at FOP, were on it in 50, used rider swap and second party off ride in 10 minutes. Rode Kali posted at 65 minutes at 6, walked on. Left the park just prior to closing after having done . Unfortunately, son now believed no need to rope drop ever, soooooo-----

Thursday at MK, arrived at 930 by our car to what seemed the biggest crowd of our trip. Rode Peter Pan and Small World by 1030, cut through to Adventureland to the crowds. Rode Carpets, off by 11. Had a ressie at BOG at 1130, Daughter in law wanted pictures made in front of castle (we had memory maker and used it liberally) on the way so we headed there, arriving about 5 minutes after they texted our table was ready, but we were seated immediately. I had checked in 20 minutes early as usual but those pictures! After lunch we rode Pooh with a posted 30 minute wait in about 20 minutes, Haunted Mansion with a posted 20 minute wait in 10, and the stretching room is back! Rode Big Thunder with a 15 minute wait, posted 20, Pirates with a 40 minute posted wait in 30, and Jungle Cruise-my son's favorite ride, posted 55 minute wait and it took 45 in the crowded queue for a ride that currently needs those new scenes added quickly as it is sadly lacking. They were ready to leave to go to the pool. We never entered Tomorrowland! We didn't see the Tiki Room or ride People Mover! I was sad! We didn't ride Splash as it was down most of the day or Mine Train for the same reason. We didn't ride Buzz! Oh well it will be there when we come back in 2023-

Final observations. We love the calvacades, mobile ordering, no masks in the 95 degree heat, and the fact that most rides are not long waits. THe kids loved playing in the reopened Dumbo's Circus tent , Imagination Pavilion, arcades, and Pooh's Playground! Open them all! Like the Boneyard which was not open. Open the interactive queue at HM. The CM's are all amazing and friendly and helpful. We saw dozens of them being trained. around the parks, restaurants, and resorts. All the food tasted sooo good! Epcot needs more rides- when Remy and Guardians open maybe Test Track won't be a horror. Too many rides break down frequently. Splash, Mine Train, Saucers, Slinky, MMRR, Test Track all had issues during our visit. More shows need to open to eat the crowds-We love riding the Skyliner as a ride, but would hate to depend on it for transportation. They don't run boats or the Skyliner during any wind or rain which I understand, so we had to walk back to Yacht Club in one of the storms to make a reservation on time. Son refused to walk to Epcot one evening in a horrible storm, and we missed a reservation and were charged $50 for it. I may try to call and see if they will refund that one-I did call and cancel it but it was an hour away at that point so......

The magic was still there for us. 2022 we have a Disney Cruise scheduled and 2023 we will be back. Looking at AK Lodge as we have never stayed there, we usually drive, and the grands like resort time as much as park time. I hear the activities there are wonderful when they start them back.
You mention that rope drop is back at 'all' parks but you did not arrive at AK until 9:30. We have had multiple reports that AK is still doing the modified park opening where guests can enter the park 45 mins before posted park opening and begin riding attractions immediately. Did you rope drop AK any day?

Just trying to keep an eye on this as AK is the only park that we're aware of that has not returned to traditional rope drop and we'll update the 'Rope Drop' thread once it changes.

Last edited:
A few days into my trip:

AK was the only park where getting to the park at opening felt most beneficial.

MK and HS were BUSY early morning. The attractions filled up quickly! The headliners jumped to over 40 mins within minutes of being open.

We were at HS yesterday and Slinky was down most of the day. While at Toy Story Land, we saw Slinky getting test runs with and without guests. It was moving so slowly! To the point that I was worried the car wouldn’t make it over some of the hills.
I kept telling my brother, who has never seen it “this is not how it moves!”.

Also, Disney Birthday magic is alive and well.
It was my nephew’s birthday, and he received a funnel cake and drink on Mickey! Thats always such a fun surprise.

Just got back last Tuesday and yay Disney didn’t give us covid! 😂 Some of you may remember my last day trip report earlier in the week where I said that DH wasn’t feeling good our last day and then DS the next day and it seemed like head colds. I sent them for covid tests since we are supposed to be seeing 80 yr old MIL next week and they came back negative. So that’s good but not surprising that they picked up head colds with no masks and everything pretty much back to normal in the parks. So be prepared for the normal sicknesses to be working their way back through the crowds. Honestly I wouldn’t mind to keep wearing the masks in the heavy crowds but only if it was cool out! Ha

We were there on the 17th. Scored a boarding pass for Rise, boarding group 2. (Watched YouTube videos for tips that worked!) We got to the park at 8:55am, walked in without a huge crowd. After Rise we waited in line 30 min to get on Millennium Falcon. As I was looking at wait times and trying to decide where to go next, my oldest son suggested Slinky Dog, even though it was 50 min posted time. We decided to go with the flow. So glad we did, we just went with the flow. Did not miss Fast Passes at all this trip!!! We did Alien Saucers, TSM and then headed to MM Railway. Time posted 45 min, probably took 35, line kept moving. Took a break with mobile order at ABC Commissary around 12:30. Was crowded, but found a table. By the time we left at 1:30ish the place was half empty, so I guess it's all about timing. Only thing we didn't have time for was RR because after dinner at Brown Derby my hubby and son's had ressie to build droids. That took longer than I expected, but it was worth it. All my "boys" were happy happy with their BB8's! :yay:

Next day at Epcot was so so. Between the late 11am opening, all the walls and things still being closed it was an unimpressive day. We started at International Gateway and headed toward future world. Went on Soarin, Living with the Land, Nemo, took pictures with Bruce the shark (recreated pics from years ago), Spaceship Earth twice and headed to Test Track. TT posted 45 min wait got line and it kept moving until the point when we got inside. Then we watched large group after large group go thru the Fastpass line. This caused the regular line to grind to a halt! (Realtime wait 65min). This is why I won't ever miss fast passes, plus we did much less running around without them, the trip was much more relaxed. After TT, we went into a shop and then headed over to the countries.

We got in line for 3 Cabeleros, it moved along at good pace. Hated the plastic dividing walls as they were claustrophobic. Add in the drunk 40 years olds banging on the plastic walls as you zig zagged through, it was annoy at best. Skipped Frozen as the line posted 45 min and backed up to China. At this point our feet were getting tired. Instead we went into China Pavilion and watched the movie. By then it was time for dinner in Germany. This became the first point in which we really experienced the park not being at normal operations. My hubby and son had been looking forward to going into the one shop in Germany. It was closed. Might not seem like a big deal but they were looking to purchasing specific items and it was planned from 2 years ago (1 year delay due to Covid closure/trip cancelation). Dinner was good, CM was great, but missed the German CM's. It was now about 8pm, as we headed over to Japan. My hubby and other son love the Japan shop and had specific items they planned to shop for, once again part of our plans fron 2 years ago. Walked over to the shop and it had closed at 7pm. (We witnessed at least 25 other people walk up to the store, disappointed it was closed. Lots of business lost). This was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Might not seem like a big deal to some, but when you plan for years for a trip, you would expect the shop to have the same hours as the park. (I guess this is where Disney is still trying to hire). At this point we were tired and more than a bit disappointed. After a stop on France for macroons, we left the park with a very disappointed feeling.

As we walked we tried to figure out a way for my son at least to go back to Japan. Nothing we talked about was cost effective, as we were only planning 1 Epcot day. Once we returned to the Boardwalk Hotel, my husband went to the front desk to ask for help. CM at front desk talked to his manager and we received the Disney Pixiedust that satisfied the huge let down. We were grateful and thanked them for their efforts. It was very nice to know they tried to help keep the magic going! Thank you CM's!

We moved the next day to BLT and continued our trip. We began to see signs that the full reopening is coming soon!

Last edited:
Today was our first traditional rope drop at MK. It was not crazy at MK like pre covid rope drop, we stayed away from Fantasyland though, half of our group did Tomorrowland, half Frontierland . It was very orderly and CMs kept things in check. After the rope drop near Sleepy Hollow, a line of CM had another rope at Frontierland and walked the crowd in, so no pushing etc.

Also, half of us came by bus from poly since path to GF still closed (we are staying Shades of Green), half drove. The driving Tomorrowland group did 4 leisurely rides before 9:30 and the walking/poly Frontierland (incl. Me) group did 3 rides and a photo.

Since then we've done quite a bit. Storms rolling in and many rides shut diwn, so in a slowly moving POC queue right now.

Also yesterday we rope dropped DHS and they dropped the rope for Galaxy's Edge 15 to 20 minutes before 9 am official open.not sure if that's the same across all lands.

You mention that rope drop is back at 'all' parks but you did not arrive at AK until 9:30. We have had multiple reports that AK is still doing the modified park opening where guests can enter the park 45 mins before posted park opening and begin riding attractions immediately. Did you rope drop AK any day?

Just trying to keep an eye on this as AK is the only park that we're aware of that has not returned to traditional rope drop and we'll update the 'Rope Drop' thread once it changes.
No I was going by what another hotel guest at the pool told me! She said they were allowed into the park at 715 but held at the entrance to Pandora until 745. She told me this Tuesday evening so she would have gone on June 22-sorry if I am perpetuating a rumor!

No I was going by what another hotel guest at the pool told me! She said they were allowed into the park at 715 but held at the entrance to Pandora until 745. She told me this Tuesday evening so she would have gone on June 22-sorry if I am perpetuating a rumor!
Thanks, I think we'll wait for more info as we've had people since then saying they were able to ride earlier than 8:00 so I believe the revised rope drop is still in effect, at least it was yesterday, Fri, Jun 25th.

Popped into DHS for a few hours. I have just a few notes:

Hand sanitizer machines are not as prevalent as they were.

Stores have full capacity so there’s no wait to get in. Not sure about Galaxy’s edge stores, we skipped shopping there.

For Rise of the Resistance, if your party isn’t of 4 people or a multiple of 4, you will either have a stranger ride with you or you’ll be split up and ride with another party.

Theatre seating does not skip rows or seats.

Fill in all available space was heard at Frozen sing a long, Rise, and MMRR.

Which ones?
Can't remember the exact one, but it was about 15 minutes. The few keys that I believe helped was hubby used an app the night before to discover which was quicker download/upload speed. Also we turned off WiFi, as that was quicker for our particular phones and location. An additional tip was to use an app or clock that had the true Atomic Clock time. Do a search on videos, you will find ideas. Good luck, the ride was worth getting up early for and I say that as a family that likes Star Wars but not dedicated fans.

This was a very prevalent phrase heard at DHS yesterday, and a couple of places at MK today. The areas I'm hearing it aren't areas being super filled though. (Not gonna lie, not a phrase I've missed haha)

The last time DS was at WDW was over the holidays 2018-19 and he said the parks seem empty in comparison this week.

We were there on the 17th. Scored a boarding pass for Rise, boarding group 2. (Watched YouTube videos for tips that worked!) We got to the park at 8:55am, walked in without a huge crowd. After Rise we waited in line 30 min to get on Millennium Falcon. As I was looking at wait times and trying to decide where to go next, my oldest son suggested Slinky Dog, even though it was 50 min posted time. We decided to go with the flow. So glad we did, we just went with the flow. Did not miss Fast Passes at all this trip!!! We did Alien Saucers, TSM and then headed to MM Railway. Time posted 45 min, probably took 35, line kept moving. Took a break with mobile order at ABC Commissary around 12:30. Was crowded, but found a table. By the time we left at 1:30ish the place was half empty, so I guess it's all about timing. Only thing we didn't have time for was RR because after dinner at Brown Derby my hubby and son's had ressie to build droids. That took longer than I expected, but it was worth it. All my "boys" were happy happy with their BB8's! :yay:

Next day at Epcot was so so. Between the late 11am opening, all the walls and things still being closed it was an unimpressive day. We started at International Gateway and headed toward future world. Went on Soarin, Living with the Land, Nemo, took pictures with Bruce the shark (recreated pics from years ago), Spaceship Earth twice and headed to Test Track. TT posted 45 min wait got line and it kept moving until the point when we got inside. Then we watched large group after large group go thru the Fastpass line. This caused the regular line to grind to a halt! (Realtime wait 65min). This is why I won't ever miss fast passes, plus we did much less running around without them, the trip was much more relaxed. After TT, we went into a shop and then headed over to the countries.

We got in line for 3 Cabeleros, it moved along at good pace. Hated the plastic dividing walls as they were claustrophobic. Add in the drunk 40 years olds banging on the plastic walls as you zig zagged through, it was annoy at best. Skipped Frozen as the line posted 45 min and backed up to China. At this point our feet were getting tired. Instead we went into China Pavilion and watched the movie. By then it was time for dinner in Germany. This became the first point in which we really experienced the park not being at normal operations. My hubby and son had been looking forward to going into the one shop in Germany. It was closed. Might not seem like a big deal but they were looking to purchasing specific items and it was planned from 2 years ago (1 year delay due to Covid closure/trip cancelation). Dinner was good, CM was great, but missed the German CM's. It was now about 8pm, as we headed over to Japan. My hubby and other son love the Japan shop and had specific items they planned to shop for, once again part of our plans fron 2 years ago. Walked over to the shop and it had closed at 7pm. (We witnessed at least 25 other people walk up to the store, disappointed it was closed. Lots of business lost). This was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Might not seem like a big deal to some, but when you plan for years for a trip, you would expect the shop to have the same hours as the park. (I guess this is where Disney is still trying to hire). At this point we were tired and more than a bit disappointed. After a stop on France for macroons, we left the park with a very disappointed feeling.

As we walked we tried to figure out a way for my son at least to go back to Japan. Nothing we talked about was cost effective, as we were only planning 1 Epcot day. Once we returned to the Boardwalk Hotel, my husband went to the front desk to ask for help. CM at front desk talked to his manager and we received the Disney Pixiedust that satisfied the huge let down. We were grateful and thanked them for their efforts. It was very nice to know they tried to help keep the magic going! Thank you CM's!

We moved the next day to BLT and continued our trip. We began to see signs that the full reopening is coming soon!
So what was the pixie dust?

I have a question that can very obviously be filed under the header "First World Problems," but here goes:

For those of you who flew United, did you notice if the United Club was open? Their website is having all manner of glitches about if it is or if it ain't, so if someone has info, I'd appreciate it.
:thanks:

Im curious, luggage tags? Disney sends luggage tags? We’ve never received those. Is this for certain pass holders? I thought the magic Bands were discontinued? We have to purchase those still correct?

Popped into DHS for a few hours. I have just a few notes:

Hand sanitizer machines are not as prevalent as they were.

Stores have full capacity so there’s no wait to get in. Not sure about Galaxy’s edge stores, we skipped shopping there.

For Rise of the Resistance, if your party isn’t of 4 people or a multiple of 4, you will either have a stranger ride with you or you’ll be split up and ride with another party.

Theatre seating does not skip rows or seats.

I have to admit I’m going to miss having space around me while in lines and empty seats between me and other guests at Frozen...

Just got back last Tuesday and yay Disney didn’t give us covid! 😂 Some of you may remember my last day trip report earlier in the week where I said that DH wasn’t feeling good our last day and then DS the next day and it seemed like head colds. I sent them for covid tests since we are supposed to be seeing 80 yr old MIL next week and they came back negative. So that’s good but not surprising that they picked up head colds with no masks and everything pretty much back to normal in the parks. So be prepared for the normal sicknesses to be working their way back through the crowds. Honestly I wouldn’t mind to keep wearing the masks in the heavy crowds but only if it was cool out! Ha
Yeah. My younger one picked up a cold and was sick the day we were flying out. We got home, she did her usual spike a fever for a bit then was better the next day. The rest of us did not get it and it’s been a week since we got back.

Im curious, luggage tags? Disney sends luggage tags? We’ve never received those. Is this for certain pass holders? I thought the magic Bands were discontinued? We have to purchase those still correct?

We have always received luggage tags. We always purchase a package (room and tickets) as we are not AP or DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter