Heading down last week of August and, as one in the pro-Fastpass group, this thread is preparing me for a lot of lines. But frankly nothing could compare to my pre-pandemic Easter break experience at Disneyland Paris. Basically could not get more than 2-3 fastpasses a day (bc they ran out) and even waited 30 minutes once to get a Fastpass for BTMR. So had to wait in Standby lines which were generally 1-2 hours (including one we waited on for two hours but had to bail in order to make our Ratatouille fastpass). At least in WDW there will always be plenty of 20-30 minute waits for solid attractions, and I can always more than satisfy my cravings by just soaking in the place itself. I think if you just purge the sense that you need to ride everything as many times as possible, you can't walk away disappointed or frustrated.

I think if you just purge the sense that you need to ride everything as many times as possible, you can't walk away disappointed or frustrated.

I prefer not to be happy to pay more for less. ...or be forced to go into my vacation with low expectations just so I'm not disappointed.

I do understand what you are saying, and I've already prepared our family to expect things to be a lot different. We will go in with positive attitudes and will make the current situation work as best as possible.

However, Disney decided to let this current situation happen. Either give the guests a way to have reasonable standby times (keep the lower capacity), or bring back the system that allowed for shorter waits (which also spread the crowds out not only in the morning but throughout the day).

There are very few things that are NOT open anymore that would draw people from attractions, especially early in the morning.

Dan

While I agree people are packed in, as someone eating my meal, I'll be happy not to have hundreds of people passing closely to my table. That is a busy thoroughfare normally.
Don't disagree with that. But the fact that they are doing it now for the first time seems to me like it's a social distancing measure.

It's similar to how I feel about the fact that at Topolino Mickey wouldn't come closer than 6 feet from our table a few weeks ago. Yet somehow a typical number squished together in the stretching room was fine.

How do I add a real wait time to the TP app? I’m using it for the first time and can’t figure it out.
It took me a bit to figure this out too.

In the top, left corner of the name of each ride, there is a green circle with a white clock icon on it. Click that and it will allow you to submit a time.

Attachments

• C1236F9C-2A6C-48A4-A5E3-ED1498EC0701.jpeg
    C1236F9C-2A6C-48A4-A5E3-ED1498EC0701.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 47
Don't disagree with that. But the fact that they are doing it now for the first time seems to me like it's a social distancing measure.

It's similar to how I feel about the fact that at Topolino Mickey wouldn't come closer than 6 feet from our table a few weeks ago. Yet somehow a typical number squished together in the stretching room was fine.
I don’t understand this either. How come characters cant come to your table, especially since most are in full costume with a giant character head on. Don’t tell me it’s for safety now when its fine to cram people together other times. But Mickey can’t high five you for 10 seconds?!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask --

FOP wait time at closing today was 125 minutes. Has the line been open right up until closing? I think in the past, sometimes the line was closed before the park closed if it got too long. Does anyone know what the wait time would have to be to trigger an early line closing?

In many, many trips, i have never seen this or even heard of it happening.

Question - I have the Touring Plans Lines app and have been randomly checking lines for about two weeks since our trip is in a couple weeks. They are reporting lines as somewhat less than the official app, and they haven't looked any worse than a normal summer trip. (For example, I don't think they've reported Barnstormer as more than 20 minutes, and we once waited 30 WITH a Fast Pass in August- yes for Barnstormer).

So I guess I'm wondering if Touring Plans lines app is way off this summer?

In many, many trips, i have never seen this or even heard of it happening.
I've only seen it happen with Hagrids over at Universal, never Disney as long as you get in line before official close.

We were second to last on BTMR last winter and a CM stayed at the end of the line walking through behind the people who were last. It was basically a walk-on, I don't recall what the posted time was, but we jumped off Splash and made it to BTMR with a minute to spare.

Question - I have the Touring Plans Lines app and have been randomly checking lines for about two weeks since our trip is in a couple weeks. They are reporting lines as somewhat less than the official app, and they haven't looked any worse than a normal summer trip. (For example, I don't think they've reported Barnstormer as more than 20 minutes, and we once waited 30 WITH a Fast Pass in August- yes for Barnstormer).

I did find it to be off more than not which I know is not the norm.

I've used it since its inception and have never seen it be off by much for wait times. It was mostly spot-on 7/1-7 - the only outlier was HM, which was posted on MDE as 65 mins, TP as 33 mins, and my actual wait was 22 mins... but I consider walking through the doors to be the end of my wait: if I were to add the time I spent in the stretching room and "funnel" it would have been right about 33-35 mins. As I said earlier in the thread, I never waited for anything more than 25 minutes the entire trip.

We found it more accurate than MDE on our trip last week except for 2 times...one time it listed Speedway at 12 and another it listed Barnstormer at 5. Both times the line was obviously way longer than either of those. Otherwise it was within 5 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter