• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recent experiences rope dropping Slinky or MMRR? One of those is where I would prefer to head first, but I seem to remember a good amount of reports about them going down early on. A bit nervous about "wasting" our rope drop time!

Any recent experiences rope dropping Slinky or MMRR? One of those is where I would prefer to head first, but I seem to remember a good amount of reports about them going down early on. A bit nervous about "wasting" our rope drop time!

No recent experience (not since Jan of this year) but I would always pick Slinky between those two. It goes down for weather, and the wait is considerably worse the whole day, while I’ve seen MMRR posted at 30-35 in the evening since I’ve been stalking waits for my trip in 13 (!!!) days .

No recent experience (not since Jan of this year) but I would always pick Slinky between those two. It goes down for weather, and the wait is considerably worse the whole day, while I’ve seen MMRR posted at 30-35 in the evening since I’ve been stalking waits for my trip in 13 (!!!) days .
That makes sense! We have ridden Slinky, so I was considering MMRR, but we really like Slinky and would like to get on it at some point if at all possible. We will stay until close so I will plan to hit MMRR at the end of the day.

Did MMRR our first DHS day this past week. Headed right there at 7:15 ish and got on the ride by 7:45. (They opened the queue and started running the ride at 7:30.) Got stuck for about 5 minutes in the underwater scene. Still off around 8 then did RNR with about a 30 minute wait. When we exited the ride, the wait was 70 minutes- at 8:00. So if you can be at the front of the RD line you’ll be fine.
ETA: if Slinky is your priority definitely try it first. Again, get as close to the front near the rope as you can get. They run pretty much all the headliners starting at 7:30.

We will be at Epcot next Saturday coming in through the IG. I’m pretty sure we will not arrive for rope drop as we are driving in from the FL keys. Should we plan to hit WS first, do F&W for lunch and early afternoon and then go to Future World later that afternoon or evening?
I'm driving in from GA later in August and plan on hitting WS for lunch right at 11 or 12 since that's around the time I'll get there or shortly after, kinda eating and some shopping a little (or at least a little browsing so I know what I want to buy later from the festival. I'll hit rides a bit later, a lot of people do rides earlier and then move on to eat, I usually save TT for really late in the evening to make sure I avoid the afternoon rain though and start over at the land pavilion and work my way around the circle.

FWIW, I have seen 2 VIP tours and one South American tour group so far. Doing Everest again since we’ve got time! 😊
Just so you know, they are more than likely not south american. My friends daughters dance troup is from New Mexico and specializes in native american tribal dances and has been down there all week, they go home tomorrow. They are down there for a competition, I'm sure there are more like them, and probably wearing matching outfits. Not that SA groups can't be there, but there are still travel restrictions.

Did MMRR our first DHS day this past week. Headed right there at 7:15 ish and got on the ride by 7:45. (They opened the queue and started running the ride at 7:30.) Got stuck for about 5 minutes in the underwater scene. Still off around 8 then did RNR with about a 30 minute wait. When we exited the ride, the wait was 70 minutes- at 8:00. So if you can be at the front of the RD line you’ll be fine.
ETA: if Slinky is your priority definitely try it first. Again, get as close to the front near the rope as you can get. They run pretty much all the headliners starting at 7:30.

This was with a scheduled 9:00am opening? Or was it 8:00am that day?

Do you mean 8:30. Doesn’t the park open at 9? We are at the Caribbean beach and going tomorrow. Should we be at skyline right at 8? When it opens.

Do you mean 8:30. Doesn’t the park open at 9? We are at the Caribbean beach and going tomorrow. Should we be at skyline right at 8? When it opens.
If you're at the skyliner at 8 you will be at the end of a long line, I would be there closer to 7-7:30 unless you aren't worried about rope drop. People will be funneling in from Pop, AOA, and Riviera an all getting in the same line to get to HS for RD with CBR guests.

I'm driving in from GA later in August and plan on hitting WS for lunch right at 11 or 12 since that's around the time I'll get there or shortly after, kinda eating and some shopping a little (or at least a little browsing so I know what I want to buy later from the festival. I'll hit rides a bit later, a lot of people do rides earlier and then move on to eat, I usually save TT for really late in the evening to make sure I avoid the afternoon rain though and start over at the land pavilion and work my way around the circle.

Just so you know, they are more than likely not south american. My friends daughters dance troup is from New Mexico and specializes in native american tribal dances and has been down there all week, they go home tomorrow. They are down there for a competition, I'm sure there are more like them, and probably wearing matching outfits. Not that SA groups can't be there, but there are still travel restrictions.
Yes, I know there are restrictions but it was definitely a Spanish-speaking group with the shirts and flags and backpacks as usual. I found it odd- and it was the only group like that we have seen so far. Everything else was a VIP tour guide.

Our family of four has been here for a week now, and we have two days before we head back home. We are DVC members and are regular visitors from out of state.
Negatives….
Crowds are much heavier than we’re used to, and probably seemingly made worse by the social distancing we have gotten used to over the last 18 months.
We have acclimatized to them though as the week has gone on.
Long lines stretching into the hot outdoors have been brutal. We have altered our expectations as to how many rides we can comfortably fit into our park days, with there being no Fastpass+.
We have seen very few park-goers wearing face masks. I’ve been sneezed on three times. One of them was reminiscent of Lexi getting sneezed on by that sauropod in JP!!! All accidental. I did get purposefully coughed on though, by a lady, who my wife politely asked to pull up her mask while on the monorail. Charming.
I’ve seen many people getting on the monorail sans face coverings. One bus driver asked a family to mask-up before getting on, then said he was on a tight schedule, and let them on without masks anyway.
Last night in MK we could not find a hand sanitizer station that actually had hand sanitizer in it.
Lots of ride breakdowns. We were evacuated from Haunted Mansion, which ended up being really cool as we got to walk through the ride with the lights on. Has DW lost maintenance talent?

Positives…..
Hey, we’re at Disney World on vacation!!!
Resorts are as wonderful as ever, as are the parks. I haven’t seen any of the trash problems that others have.
Cast members have been awesome. Every single one we have encountered has been professional, friendly and cheerful, despite the trying times.
We managed to snag ROTR boarding passes for both of our HS days, and it is a great attraction. MFSR was also new to us, and was well worth the 60 minutes wait time.
Tried Skyliner for the first time, and it is really relaxing. We rode mid day, and had a gondola to ourselves.
Our food experiences have also be great. Menu choices are a lot more limited than in the past, but what we have had has been really good. I like to discover new go-to places to eat, and this time it has been Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast. Steak and eggs was to die for.
We had dinner at the Wave on the last day before closing for renovation. Our server was a little emotional about it, as he has been there since it opened 13 years ago. Again, the meal was great.

For those that have been, is the garden viewing area that used to be reserved for Dessert Parties and CRT dinner pkgs open to the public now? Trying to plot out where we'll camp for a spot! I was hoping they'd do the pkgs, but looks like that's not going to happen. :( Thanks!
Doesn't look like anyone has answered this yet unless I missed it - but as of 2 weeks ago, you're not allowed in that garden viewing area. People were in there but there were CMs at the entrance guarding it and we asked and they said it was VIP only (didn't use those words, I can't remember exactly what they said but basically "not you.") So we walked around the front of that area and got a great spot to stand, it really wasn't that bad.

Doesn't look like anyone has answered this yet unless I missed it - but as of 2 weeks ago, you're not allowed in that garden viewing area. People were in there but there were CMs at the entrance guarding it and we asked and they said it was VIP only (didn't use those words, I can't remember exactly what they said but basically "not you.") So we walked around the front of that area and got a great spot to stand, it really wasn't that bad.

It's my understanding that the area in front of the gardens is handicapped viewing or at least close by. We will have a chair this trip unfortunately, so we might scope out those spots. I know they fill up fast, but unless it's just wall to wall people there, we can camp out switching people in and out. We'll just have to wing it I guess.

Thanks for the information!

Warning…long post ahead.

MK Thursday 7/15/21
This was a last minute booking through RCI conversion. Rose the bus from OKW. Picked up at 7:35 ish. We were the first bus in the parking lot and second to be unloaded. They were letting in the people from CR and GF walkways at the same time they let us off the bus. We got through security and were maybe 3 groups back at the turnstiles. We were held there until probably 8:15 ish. We walked to the Liberty Square entrance and waited until 9:00 where we were walked back to Frontierland and on to splash. There were lots of people but we weren’t shoulder to shoulder and CM’s didn’t make us squish or fill in all available space. Splash didn’t open until 9:10ish. We walked through the queue and off the ride by 9:30-9:40 (sorry I don’t have exact times) We walked over and got in line for BTMR which was a posted 5 min wait. Seemed accurate. Maybe 10 mins. We got off the ride and went to Pirates. Posted wait time was 35 mins. We walked through the outdoor queue, got just inside the building and they said it was down. Made us get out of line. We got Dole Whips through mobile order. Ate our Dole Whip in the shade. Jungle Cruise had posted wait time of 60 mins (we didn’t ride. Can’t remember why) and HM was being reported as down. We got some Spring Rolls (which we did NOT care for the Buffalo chicken ones and we love all things Buffalo chicken) HM was up so we went there. Posted wait time was an hour but we were through the queue and on the ride in 35 mins. We headed to PP but decided to do Philharmagic on the way. Wait was only while the previous show was going on. Posted wait was 10 mins. Went to Tangled rest rooms for RR break. PP was posted 1 hour wait. We played Play Disney Parks and enjoyed the queue that we normally don’t see with Fast Passes. We were on and off the ride in 35 mins. Rode Litte Mermaid. Posted wait was 25 mins and we waited almost exactly 25 mins. Space Mountain had been down earlier in the day but MDE said it was back up so we went and got in line. Posted wait was 60 mins. We waited outside In the sun for prob 30 mins. Got to the front and the ride went down. They said could be 5 mins could be 2 hours so we waited at the entrance for about 10 mins until they said it would be a lengthy repair and made us get out of line. We rode buzz. 50 min posted wait time. I’d say that line was closer to actual time 40 mins. We had 3:20 reservation for Skipper Canteen so we headed there. Service/food was good. Our first time there and 2 thumbs up. We didn’t care for the cheese dough ball things with the chimichurri and cream cheese but the noodles (with chicken) and the kids steak were hits. Also the specialty slush drink with the green apple popping bubbles was sooo good. We slowly walked over to Pooh with a posted 40 min wait. We waited the full 40 mins, got to the front and the ride went down. We did teacups. Posted wait time was 25 mins. Wait was prob 15. Headed back over to Tomorrowland. My nephew was trying to talk someone into riding the speedway with him but didn’t get any takers. (SM was still down) we tried to get some waters at Cosmic Rays but it was insane in there so we went to the shop next door and bought waters. We sat and drank the waters while trying to decide what to do next. We decided to order cat tails from Cosmic Rays. Put the order in and while waiting for the order SM was showing as up and running with a 70 min wait. We got through the line quickly. Prob like 20 mins. Got to the front of the boarding line and it went down again. Luckily it was only down less than 10 mins. We rode then tried to get our car tails at Cosmic Rays but it was insane in tgere again and the fireworks were about to start. We walked to the hub and snagged a spot at 8:55. It was to the right of the castle so we could head over to Mine Train after the show. HEA was amazing as usual. After the show we walked briskly to SDMT. Posted wait was 80
Mins but didn’t appear long. It was still along the fence outside the attraction queue area. We got in line. The line did not move. A slew of people with return times flooded the line after the fireworks. We got on the ride at 10:40. We took our time leaving taking lots of pictures (life with teenagers) stopped at the makeshift treat shop for an apple. Walked to the buses where we waited about 5 mins for our very own bus back to OKW and were on our way back at 11:20 pm.
Overall it was a good day. Only saw one cavalcade (Goofy and friends) didn’t see Mickey all day 😢. We did see Stitch in Tomorrowland on stage but that was it for characters. It was hot but bearable. We didn’t have fans or cooling towels or anything. We didn’t see a single drop of rain. It was crowded but honestly not as crowded as Columbus Day weekend a few years ago. Wait times were inflated for the most part. We still got tons done despite the multiple breakdowns. The rides breaking down after waiting was annoying but didn’t ruin our day. This was our first trip during the summer and I’d say we enjoyed our resort days more than our park days. I wouldn’t say we will never do a summer trip again but I prefer the weather be a touch cooler. We had a great time but I would say it was missing some of the magic. All CMs we encountered were friendly and helpful. This was our third trip back after the shutdown and although we didn’t have to wear masks, and more stuff was open than before, it was our least favorite trip. I feel like bringing back parades and character meets and greets would greatly improve the long lines. I do like fast passes but I’m not sure I’m in the ‘bring back fast passes’ camp. I like seeing the queues. I also prefer longer fast moving lines to shorter, slow moving lines.

Yes, I know there are restrictions but it was definitely a Spanish-speaking group with the shirts and flags and backpacks as usual. I found it odd- and it was the only group like that we have seen so far. Everything else was a VIP tour guide.
Could it have been a Tour Group from Mexico and not SA?

Although not often,we have seen 15s from Mexico over the years at WDW.

Warning…long post ahead.

MK Thursday 7/15/21
This was a last minute booking through RCI conversion. Rose the bus from OKW. Picked up at 7:35 ish. We were the first bus in the parking lot and second to be unloaded. They were letting in the people from CR and GF walkways at the same time they let us off the bus. We got through security and were maybe 3 groups back at the turnstiles. We were held there until probably 8:15 ish. We walked to the Liberty Square entrance and waited until 9:00 where we were walked back to Frontierland and on to splash. There were lots of people but we weren’t shoulder to shoulder and CM’s didn’t make us squish or fill in all available space. Splash didn’t open until 9:10ish. We walked through the queue and off the ride by 9:30-9:40 (sorry I don’t have exact times) We walked over and got in line for BTMR which was a posted 5 min wait. Seemed accurate. Maybe 10 mins. We got off the ride and went to Pirates. Posted wait time was 35 mins. We walked through the outdoor queue, got just inside the building and they said it was down. Made us get out of line. We got Dole Whips through mobile order. Ate our Dole Whip in the shade. Jungle Cruise had posted wait time of 60 mins (we didn’t ride. Can’t remember why) and HM was being reported as down. We got some Spring Rolls (which we did NOT care for the Buffalo chicken ones and we love all things Buffalo chicken) HM was up so we went there. Posted wait time was an hour but we were through the queue and on the ride in 35 mins. We headed to PP but decided to do Philharmagic on the way. Wait was only while the previous show was going on. Posted wait was 10 mins. Went to Tangled rest rooms for RR break. PP was posted 1 hour wait. We played Play Disney Parks and enjoyed the queue that we normally don’t see with Fast Passes. We were on and off the ride in 35 mins. Rode Litte Mermaid. Posted wait was 25 mins and we waited almost exactly 25 mins. Space Mountain had been down earlier in the day but MDE said it was back up so we went and got in line. Posted wait was 60 mins. We waited outside In the sun for prob 30 mins. Got to the front and the ride went down. They said could be 5 mins could be 2 hours so we waited at the entrance for about 10 mins until they said it would be a lengthy repair and made us get out of line. We rode buzz. 50 min posted wait time. I’d say that line was closer to actual time 40 mins. We had 3:20 reservation for Skipper Canteen so we headed there. Service/food was good. Our first time there and 2 thumbs up. We didn’t care for the cheese dough ball things with the chimichurri and cream cheese but the noodles (with chicken) and the kids steak were hits. Also the specialty slush drink with the green apple popping bubbles was sooo good. We slowly walked over to Pooh with a posted 40 min wait. We waited the full 40 mins, got to the front and the ride went down. We did teacups. Posted wait time was 25 mins. Wait was prob 15. Headed back over to Tomorrowland. My nephew was trying to talk someone into riding the speedway with him but didn’t get any takers. (SM was still down) we tried to get some waters at Cosmic Rays but it was insane in there so we went to the shop next door and bought waters. We sat and drank the waters while trying to decide what to do next. We decided to order cat tails from Cosmic Rays. Put the order in and while waiting for the order SM was showing as up and running with a 70 min wait. We got through the line quickly. Prob like 20 mins. Got to the front of the boarding line and it went down again. Luckily it was only down less than 10 mins. We rode then tried to get our car tails at Cosmic Rays but it was insane in tgere again and the fireworks were about to start. We walked to the hub and snagged a spot at 8:55. It was to the right of the castle so we could head over to Mine Train after the show. HEA was amazing as usual. After the show we walked briskly to SDMT. Posted wait was 80
Mins but didn’t appear long. It was still along the fence outside the attraction queue area. We got in line. The line did not move. A slew of people with return times flooded the line after the fireworks. We got on the ride at 10:40. We took our time leaving taking lots of pictures (life with teenagers) stopped at the makeshift treat shop for an apple. Walked to the buses where we waited about 5 mins for our very own bus back to OKW and were on our way back at 11:20 pm.
Overall it was a good day. Only saw one cavalcade (Goofy and friends) didn’t see Mickey all day 😢. We did see Stitch in Tomorrowland on stage but that was it for characters. It was hot but bearable. We didn’t have fans or cooling towels or anything. We didn’t see a single drop of rain. It was crowded but honestly not as crowded as Columbus Day weekend a few years ago. Wait times were inflated for the most part. We still got tons done despite the multiple breakdowns. The rides breaking down after waiting was annoying but didn’t ruin our day. This was our first trip during the summer and I’d say we enjoyed our resort days more than our park days. I wouldn’t say we will never do a summer trip again but I prefer the weather be a touch cooler. We had a great time but I would say it was missing some of the magic. All CMs we encountered were friendly and helpful. This was our third trip back after the shutdown and although we didn’t have to wear masks, and more stuff was open than before, it was our least favorite trip. I feel like bringing back parades and character meets and greets would greatly improve the long lines. I do like fast passes but I’m not sure I’m in the ‘bring back fast passes’ camp. I like seeing the queues. I also prefer longer fast moving lines to shorter, slow moving lines.
Wow, for all those breakdowns, you guys surely have a good attitude! On Pooh, for example, you waited quite a while and then it broke down. Did they give you a return FP or anything?

Could it have been a Tour Group from Mexico and not SA?

Although not often,we have seen 15s from Mexico over the years at WDW.
Could be. It’s the only one we’ve seen and they seemed to be Spanish speaking (I am not fluent but understand a lot!) Not really sure- I’ll get a picture next time if I see them!

Been here since Wednesday…hitting MK today. Crowds are insane and lines are roughly double what they were our last visit in April. Still got on everything multiple times. Sun has been pretty brutal last few days so stay hydrated. Staying at Saratoga Springs…wonderful resort. Will definitely stay again.

My biggest pet peeve and it’s especially bad now is people not keeping up with the line in front of them. I get glancing at your phone or having a convo but if there’s a constant 10-15 gap in front of you every time the line moves you should be thrown to the crocs at AK. Problem is the heat/sun/humidity is bad and people need to get into the shade or ac. Guy in front of us at TSM yesterday had his face buried in his phone, every time we’d try to go around him he’d give us a dirty look. The one time he didn’t move after we asked him, he finally did and the guests in the line adjacent to ours starting clapping. I wanted to grab his phone and throw it across the queue[/rant over]

Food and wine festival has been great. Ate at 50’s prime time last night which was wonderful. ROTR is still amazing and most underrated food choice at Disney to me is still Rhonto wraps. We had a group of 10 so I was only able to grab one beer at the baseline tap. DHS again tomorrow with small group so that’ll be priority

So… not so much today at DHS. For anyone who doubts How important arrival time is for RD:

Although we were at the bus stop at 7:30- just as we have been all week long- we had no bus u til 8:15. By the time we entered the park, everything was running. TOT was 45 minutes. We just got off at 9:20. DH and DS are doing RNRC single rider. (I’ll do it but not alone.) The wait is an hour for regular standby. We’ve done them a few times this week- and I’m REALLY glad we weren’t trying for MFSR or MMRR because we’d still be in line!

I’m really trying to be just happy we are here but it’s things like this that really irritate me about the way they’ve upped the attendance currently. We’re going to eat some breakfast and head back to the hotel. Maybe we’ll have better luck at MK tonight to end the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter