We were there July 11-17. We stayed at the GF.

The Good
The resort was beautiful. I had requested to be near the walking path to MK and that request was granted. It was super convenient and we used the walkway a lot. I would highly recommend this resort.

We love mobile ordering and used it frequently.

Fireworks being back makes such a difference. We didn’t stay to watch at Epcot but saw the MK fireworks every night. (From different places)

The Just Okay
We usually like to have one sit down dinner a day. That didn’t happen this time. I had a slew of reservations but changed them or cancelled them while there. It was either too hot to travel to the various locations or transportation was too slow or crowded. We ended up joining the walk up list for Kona, Tony’s (had never even considered this one) and Grand Flo Cafe. Surprisingly, Tony’s was the best of the three. Of course, they all have basically the same steak on the menu and my husband had a steak at all three. He said Tony’s was the best. And their tiramisu was really good. The other restaurants were fine but nothing special. I wasn’t disappointed in any of the food and we had a lot of pretty good counter service, just wasn’t like our past trips.

Transportation was fine. We only experienced one long wait for a bus at Epcot. Never rode a bus that was full but we never stayed at a park until closing. (Except MK and we walked) Mask compliance on buses and monorails was good. I never saw or heard anyone giving a driver trouble because of it.

The Bad (and not really that bad)

It was hot! I know it’s Florida and summer but we haven’t been in the summer since 2019 and had forgotten how hot it is. Wear lots of deodorant, drink lots of water, and bring enough clothing to change if necessary.

It was crowded. We are all vaccinated and not concerned or upset about being near people. Just saying this for anyone that is uncomfortable around people. If there weren’t some families/people in masks, you would have thought it was 2019. There are no social distancing rules. It is shoulder to shoulder in a lot of places. Stores are busy and people are everywhere. You will be sat with other parties on rides. You will have people right against your back in lines. People will squeeze their families right up against you on benches and anywhere you’re sitting really. Lines were long and people will not give you space. Again, I’m okay with all of it but anyone that isn’t should reconsider.

I did see the overflowing trash cans. Not everywhere and not in abundance but I did see some. I’m more upset with people than Disney though. People throw stuff in bushes or leave their trash on the ground. It’s disappointing. Disney probably does need more staff and seems they’re working on that. I just wish people would be better.

Epcot construction is massive. Walls all over. World Showcase had fewer food options than before (until food and wine started) and we spent way less time there than prior trips. It’s also pretty much a giant bar in the evenings. It wasn’t a big deal for us since our kids are older but if I had little ones I’d probably skip Epcot in the evening. JMO

Overall, we had a great time. Traffic to and from was crazy! For the first time my husband said he’d rather fly. (He hates flying) Florida is packed. We had to practice a lot of patience.
people threw stuff in the bushes?!?!? I am just......like i know I shouldn't be shocked but omg people go find a trash can!

just got back on sunday. Arrived on 7/11. checked in to Wilderness Lodge that evening after a day at Legoland. Had to return the Rental car by 8am on the 12 at the Hyatt by Disney Springs. has planned to take a cab back but a lady at customer service suggested, that I walk over to Saratoga Springs and take a bus to MK, then move on back to the resort. As a person that enjoys walking and exploring, I did just that and had a great morning while the wife and kids slept in. I made my way over to Disney springs, got stopped by security as it was not open yet, explained what I was doing and was allowed to walk through to Saratoga. I caught a bus to MK and from there took a boat back to the resort. it was super cool weather and just started to get toasty when I arrived at the resort. Has lunch at whispering Canyon and it was great! our server was fantastic and super funny. we hit the pool for a few hours then headed out to the Grand Floridian for dinner. took the boat back to MK then jumped on the monorail to GF. Another fun outing. next day was another resort day. breakfast at light breakfast at roaring fork, lunch at the Polynesian and dinner at Enzo's hideaway in Disney springs.

on Wednesday we did Hollywood studios. got Rise boarding group #5! the park felt much more full than it did in December but I'm still a fan of no fastpass! constantly flowing lines all day long. slowest stalling line was for Smugglers run right at park close. rope dropped Slinky first thing. We hit all rides and had a sit down lunch before 4pm. Hit the brown derby for dinner and snagged a 8:45 reservation for oga's while on the monorail to the GF the day before. It gave us the perfect ending to a great day and we got to walk out of a mostly empty park and enjoy all the lights and atmosphere.

Thursday was epcot. had breakfast at the Ale and compass. came in through the IG and rope dropped Frozen which was down. bummer. we waited it out and it opened up just before 11:30. again we were able to hit all rides with awesome moving lines and do two ADR's well before park close. got a great firework spot near france and finished the day with some ice cream from the france ice cream shop.

had a great trip.

Has anyone been to Disney Springs recently? I'd like to do a little shopping on our arrival day, first Saturday in August. We like to go to World of Disney, the Christmas Shop, and a Star Wars store. However, if we have to wait outside a store in line, I'll head to Blizzard Beach instead.

Thanks for your help.

was there on Friday from about 11am to about 4 pm. there was no line to get into World of Disney. Id say that was prob my most enjoyable vist to DS that I've ever had. the star wars oupost store up by Earl of Sandwich had a ton of merchandise from the parks. so id recommend that one. the only line for a store that we waited in was for Gideon's

You shouldn't have to work at being happy at WDW, but hats off to you for trying so hard. We have no plans to use the bus system for anything this trip. We're a boat away from the MK and everything else will be Uber. Everything I read about the busses is they are just horrid right now- and we were always dedicated bus users.

I hope your trip ends on a high note tonight. I suspect next week is going to be rough, but we'll put on the happy faces for my grandson. I'm not sure how long he'll survive the long waits in the sun, he's always been susceptible to dehydration and is very heat sensitive even when we are super careful with him. Our cure was always FP+, short waits for secondary rides at rope drop and lots of indoor breaks just getting snacks and drinks. He'll want to do it all regardless so I hope it's not a trip full of no's, can't do that. I don't so much care about my experience, I just want it to be a decent trip for him after all the disappointments.

I'd recommend picking up a uv blocking umbrella for those times you're in the sun in line. we had two of those, cooling towels and personal fans and the umbrellas made the biggest difference. the towels really didn't do much for us.

AK today. At the bus by 640. Bus came 10 minutes later. We were let in at 715 and held at the last bridge before Pandora( as previously reported). At 0730, we were let in and slow walked on. Walked on Navi. Rode Everest 3 times ( 10-15 min and last was a walk on as single rider) rode dinosaur(10 min) and then did ITs tough to be a bug and shopped for a few minutes. Lunch at yak and Yeti and then headed out. We skipped the safari due to the hour wait.
Again, getting there early is key to avoid super long lines. The park was crowded but definitely not the worst we have seen.

I'd recommend picking up a uv blocking umbrella for those times you're in the sun in line. we had two of those, cooling towels and personal fans and the umbrellas made the biggest difference. the towels really didn't do much for us.

Anyone have recommendations on great sun umbrellas.

Just back today. Spent Friday 7/16 in MK. Took a 7:30 am bus from OKW. Got to MK at 8. They were letting people in to queue at spokes of the Hub. At 8:15 the line for Fantasyland was packed. Tomorrowland didn't look much better. We queued for Adventureland to try to RD Splash. Got held twice. Arrived at Splash at 9:05 and the wait was 30 min. Rode Splash, then BTMR after a 25 minute wait. By that time it was 10:15. Headed to HM. Was in line for 30 min; during that time the ride went down twice. Off HM at 11:05. Went to Small World next because the other queues were insane. 20 min to get onto SW, got off, then headed to LM. 30 min wait to get on LM. At that point it was about 12:10. Headed to Skippers for our lunch reservation. Went to Pirates around 1:15 and had a 25 min wait to get on. After that, it was about 2 pm and the waits skyrocketed as park hopping people came in. Space had been down until about 2 pm, and then had a 75 min wait. We gave up on 7DMT because we never saw a wait less than 80 min. Gave up on PP because 55 min was the min we saw. Rode Carousel of Progress & People Mover. At that point we couldn't find any rides that had less than a 50 minute wait so we left at 3:30.

TL, DR: Fri 7/16 tried to RD Splash, 30 min wait a few minutes after opening. Ended up riding 8 rides total (Splash, BTMR, HM, IASW, LM, Pirates, CoP, PM) and left at 3:30. Trash was overflowing from receptacles in Tomorrowland, which we could see from PM. A bummer, but they are letting in too many people for the staff they have. Also with breakdowns, Space was down until 2 pm, and HM, LM and Splash had intermittent issues.

Was in Epcot Sat 7/16. We walked through the gates at opening (11 am) and immediately did Mission Space orange. TT was down then had a 75 min wait, so we instead went to Soarin (15 min wait) and walked onto Land. Headed over to France for a reservation. Around 12:30 got into line for Frozen, which was a 50 minute wait. *Definitely* bring a UV umbrella and fans/misters for Epcot. It was sunny and hot. It's nice when it doesn't rain, but no clouds means some intense sun. After Frozen we did some F&W booths. Dinner in Mexico. Around 7 pm did single rider TT with a 20 min wait. Then walked onto Nemo and left. We skipped SE, Figment, and Tres Caballeros this trip. The F&W booths in FW were good, especially the BBQ one sponsored by the NFL that's near TT. Be prepared for lots of lines for other booths, though, since many don't open until Oct 1.

We stayed at OKW this trip and loved it. Resort was at 100% capacity though so there were waits for the limited food options there. It seemed that the front desk was constantly slammed with not enough staff. We were in building 46 in a two bedroom (4624) and would recommend. Quiet, near the South Point bus stop, near a quiet pool, nice water view.

If you are heading to Disney this summer, definitely RD, pack your patience, and consider taking a long break from the parks after lunch and come back around dinner time or after. We wish we had done that but had plans with family each night.

We opened and closed MK today - staying offsite at Bonnet Creek
Left our resort at 7:30. Arrived at parking at 7:52, I was worried that this was too early but they were already letting cars in. Parked by 8:02, on the ferry by 8:15, through the tapstiles by 8:30 and waiting to rope drop Frontierland by 8:40. We walked quickly and were in the first few hundred on Splash, basically a walk on - got in line at 9:05, in a log by 9:15, off by 9:30. At this point it was a 65 min wait. Very glad we did this first thing since it ended up being down most of the day.

Next up Big Thunder - listed as a 25 min wait, actual wait was 10 mins.

Walked to Haunted Mansion next since Pirates was down. Listed as 30 min wait, we were in the stretching room in 15 mins. Line was crazy long back to the riverboat (a sign of things to come).

Next we did Dumbo which had a 10 min wait while waiting for Storybook Treats to open so we could get some Dole Whips.

Went to Aloha Terrace to get one kid a strawberry Dole Whip and walked over to Pirates hoping it would open soon. It ended up being down the majority of the day and when it was up the ride times were crazy 60-100 minutes. We never did get to ride it.

By now it was noon, the crowds were crazy and it was thunder-storming.

We got into the longest line I have ever seen for Space Mountain. The wait was listed as 55 minutes and it seemed impossible that it would actually be that short. True wait ended up being 60 minutes on the dot, so pretty accurate.

We went to Cosmic Rays after to grab lunch at 1:30 - this was our only bad experience with mobile order - we had to wait a full 30 mins after checking in for our food to be ready.

After lunch we walked in to COP it was 3 pm at this point. Next we got in line for Peter Pan - listed as a 70 min wait, we waited 65. We did some shopping on Main Street next and the did Philharmagic which was a 10 min wait. Next was Buzz - listed as a 50 min wait, but ended up being 30. Last ride before the fireworks was Pooh - listed as a 40 min wait and that was accurate.

We were able to grab a spot in the hub around 8:30 and thankfully had a much better experience mobile ordering Casey’s for dinner. Watched HEA and booked it over to Splash after to end the night. Wait was listed as 75 mins but we only waited 25.

Left the park about 10, lines for the monorail and the ferry were crazy - ended up taking the resort launch to the Poly and walking to the TTC - got back in our car around 11:15.

We have been coming to Disney for over 20 years - we usually travel at busy times - thanksgiving and Easter, and even a few NYE’s at the turn of the century. I have never seen lines like I did today. There was a lot of lightning which meant a large number of rides were down on and off and that pushed the wait times for the remaining rides way up. I missed FP a lot. We were always able to make whatever FP system was in place work to our advantage. Sure the popular rides had longer waits, but there were also always attractions with short waits too - Small World, Little Mermaid, Peoplemover, etc. Today we saw a 70 min wait for Small World, 75 for Little Mermaid and never saw the peoplemover go below 40 mins. I have read a lot of “but the lines never stop moving! This was very hit or miss for us. The lines for Space Mountain and Peter Pan were VERY slow.

99 out of 100 people were not wearing masks. I had planned to make my kids (1 half vaxed and 1 unvaxed) wear them any time we were inside but honestly it was too hot and gross. They only wore them on a few attractions (HM, COP and Philharmagic). It is wall to wall people and there is zero social distancing. I was able to create space by letting my kids be a few feet ahead of me and they stayed a few feet back from the people in front of them, but I had people right up my butt which I hate in normal times. I have been very conservative with where my kids have gone all pandemic, we are here for a family reunion and when I bought my tickets months ago, I was very comfortable with the safety protocols at the time, now there are basically none.

Overall we still had fun, the heat wasn’t too terrible especially after it rained and magic is what you make it. Neck fans are great - ran mine for most of the day and it never ran out of battery, that and dri-fit clothing, a hat. sunglasses and ice cream and the heat was very bearable.

Expect crowds. Expect to say “the line starts where??” Expect not to be able to ride all you have been able to in the past. We did 11 attractions in 13 hours plus the fireworks.

Just checked out of Kidani. We rope dropped MK this morning. Down at the bus stop at 7:28 and the first bus arrived at 7:50. We were able to accomplish Space, Buzz, people mover, BTMR, spring roll cart and Casey’s between 9:00-10:50.

Do you remember how crowded the bus was at Kidani for MK rope drop? We’re staying there in 2 weeks, and we’ll have a car, but the bus is so much easier to MK. But I‘m not too keen on a packed bus, lol.

7/18/21
MK 9:01 waiting at Frontierland rope (after Liberty Square rope)

Splash walk-on, BTMR 5 minute walk-on, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Sleepy Hollow mobile order pick-up at 10:55. Tangled bathrooms, Philharmagic, Plaza check-in at 12:15.
Space Mountain posted 70, took 50. On at 1:52
Ordered DTech phone case.
15 minute wait for Peoplemover.
DTech phone case pick-up.
Main Street Bakery for Starbucks.
Emporium
Pandora shop.
Calvacade

Bus to HS

ToT posted at 40 minutes. In line at 5:07..Out of preshow at 5:31.
6:00 Woody's lunchbox
6:32 TSMM, posted 35. 20 minute wait.

7/19

Pop bus at 6:50
7:15 let in park. Held at Pandora Rope until 7:30.
FOP. Navi. By 8:42 in 5 minute line at Kilamanjaro safari.
Bathroom Break
9:42 Royal Anandapur. Stale donut.
Everest in line at 10:12 Off Everest 10:40.
Discovery Island shops.
11:15 Tree of Life for Winged Encounters
Mobile ordered Satuli. Picked up at 11:45.
Wandered and did EE again with 20 minute wait(posted at 30).

Back to Pop. Then dinner in DS. Visited DS Art of Disney and got a print that Dirk Wunderlich then signed and sketched a Stitch for me on the back.

7/20

Pop skyliner 7:30 start (handful of people in line.
CBR transfer only five from CBR in line.
Arrived at HS at 7:50. Could see some cars lined up at gate. Went to the right line. Maybe 25 back in line. Entered. Straight to RNR line. First in line in Sunset BLvd. Three people already in the ToT line onSunset. Maybe 15 people entered the park ahead of us. Standing in the RNR line now. CM said we’ll be walked back at 8:30. If ready will start then or they may hold us until 9:00. Oh—BG 11. We sat at the tables outside Everything Pop with others doing the same thing. I was on data and got the BG. The others in my party were on WiFi.
Transferring to BCR tomorrow. Will report more later. I will say, though, that crowds seem much better than what I was seeing reported here last week.

I don't think anyone on here is actually suggesting you do this. I'm also the mom of a child with a disability. When traveling, there are certain accommodations I can typically expect - early boarding on an aircraft, the DAS pass. Otherwise, I have to contrive the accommodations that will best suit his needs and, yes, as you suggested in another post, "quiet room" is always the first request I put on our reservations and I typically now spend more on 1- or 2-bedroom villas just so he can be in a bedroom with no external, hallway or connecting door. So, while your disabled child may be prone to outbursts, my disabled child is prone to panic attacks when hearing loud noises. I think, perhaps, we all need to be cognizant and respectful of not only our childrens' needs, but the needs of those around us.
Do you remember how crowded the bus was at Kidani for MK rope drop? We’re staying there in 2 weeks, and we’ll have a car, but the bus is so much easier to MK. But I‘m not too keen on a packed bus, lol.
We are staying at Kidani too for the first time so I’m concerned about breakfast if everything is closed. Will we have to walk to Jambo in the mornings? We usually grab something quick like cereal and fruit

7/18/21
MK 9:01 waiting at Frontierland rope (after Liberty Square rope)

Splash walk-on, BTMR 5 minute walk-on, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Sleepy Hollow mobile order pick-up at 10:55. Tangled bathrooms, Philharmagic, Plaza check-in at 12:15.
Space Mountain posted 70, took 50. On at 1:52
Ordered DTech phone case.
15 minute wait for Peoplemover.
DTech phone case pick-up.
Main Street Bakery for Starbucks.
Emporium
Pandora shop.
Calvacade

Bus to HS

ToT posted at 40 minutes. In line at 5:07..Out of preshow at 5:31.
6:00 Woody's lunchbox
6:32 TSMM, posted 35. 20 minute wait.

7/19

Pop bus at 6:50
7:15 let in park. Held at Pandora Rope until 7:30.
FOP. Navi. By 8:42 in 5 minute line at Kilamanjaro safari.
Bathroom Break
9:42 Royal Anandapur. Stale donut.
Everest in line at 10:12 Off Everest 10:40.
Discovery Island shops.
11:15 Tree of Life for Winged Encounters
Mobile ordered Satuli. Picked up at 11:45.
Wandered and did EE again with 20 minute wait(posted at 30).

Back to Pop. Then dinner in DS. Visited DS Art of Disney and got a print that Dirk Wunderlich then signed and sketched a Stitch for me on the back.

7/20

Pop skyliner 7:30 start (handful of people in line.
CBR transfer only five from CBR in line.
Arrived at HS at 7:50. Could see some cars lined up at gate. Went to the right line. Maybe 25 back in line. Entered. Straight to RNR line. First in line in Sunset BLvd. Three people already in the ToT line onSunset. Maybe 15 people entered the park ahead of us. Standing in the RNR line now. CM said we’ll be walked back at 8:30. If ready will start then or they may hold us until 9:00. Oh—BG 11. We sat at the tables outside Everything Pop with others doing the same thing. I was on data and got the BG. The others in my party were on WiFi.
Transferring to BCR tomorrow. Will report more later. I will say, though, that crowds seem much better than what I was seeing reported here last week.

Thank you for such a detailed report! It is very helpful. It sounds like you are having a great time! I look forward to your next report. :)

We are staying at Kidani too for the first time so I’m concerned about breakfast if everything is closed. Will we have to walk to Jambo in the mornings? We usually grab something quick like cereal and fruit
It depends on how early you're getting going. Sanaa is open for quick service in the mornings and the shop at Kidani has a small grocery section so you might be able to get fruit and cereal there. We stayed at Kidani last summer and lines were crazy in the morning at Sanaa...not enough staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter