Missing Pandora at night!

And the sunset Safari !!! We did the safari the other day, and it was awful--- the heat must have sent all of the animals into hiding !! And our "driver/CM" was just going thru the motions--- again, the park is so beautiful at night (not to mention, cooler--) -- makes no sense that it closes so early.

We went to Epcot yesterday for just one day as a stop on the way home from a beach vacation. We arrived at 11:30 (later than I intended) and went straight to Soarin. The wait was 15-20 minutes tops. Then we rode Mission Space with a less than 10 min wait. Headed over to Norway for Frozen Ever After where we waited about 40 minutes. The line stretched to China and was long and hot.

Stopped in Italy for the ravioli and croccanti and an Italian margarita - all three were amazing! Had caramel candy and caramel corn from Karamell-Kuche for dessert. Also tried the sushi in Japan and the martini slushy in France before heading to the Beach Club to swim.

Returned to the park around 7:30 and tried the wild mushroom beef filet mignon. Walked over to Test Track where we waited the full 65 minutes it showed as a wait time. Then went back to Soarin which was basically a walk on before the theater had technical difficulties and we had to switch to another concourse.

Exited The Land just as the fireworks started and walked to IG as they continued. Overall it was a great day. Here are a few takeaways:

1. It was HOT!! We have been during summer months before but this was absolutely brutal.
2. It was PACKED!! We were just here at the end of May and the difference in crowd levels is astonishing.
3. I did see more trash than usual lying around the parks.
4. The vast majority of people are not wearing masks and there is little to no social distancing. We even heard the phrase “please fill in all available space” from cast members.
5. Only five rides over the course of the day makes me feel like the ticket was not the best use of funds but I was just glad to get my Disney fix.
6. Thoroughly enjoyed the small bit of F&W that we experienced and would love to come back just for that in the future.

Trip was 7/7-7/14. Had an awesome time. It was so great not to wear masks. BUT it was packed & no way to social distance. Didn’t bother us b/c we are fully vaccinated. But, came home on 7/14 & 7/19 DH developed Covid symptoms & tested positive. Then I started with symptoms right after & am positive too. I was one who couldn’t wait to get back to normal & thought we were safe. Depressing b/c we were going back in Sept or Oct, but I really don’t know now. DH & I have relatively mild symptoms compared to hospitalized ppl, but this still sucks. Could have gotten it anywhere, of course, but we drove & made very few stops & was actually able to social distance in those locations. Hope this doesn’t get deleted b/c it contains Covid info b/c this was part our experience.
I’m so sorry you got sick and hope the symptoms aren’t too bad and you feel better soon. If I’m remembering correct, you have a toddler? How is he/she so far? The reason I ask is because we also have a toddler and we have a trip next week.

This all falls squarely on the shoulders of Disney. They chose to open up the parks to this capacity. They could easily have kept this from happening by not opening up the parks so quickly. Now, we are the suckers showing up tomorrow handing $10,000 over to them. I fully expect to make the most of it. We are positive people in general. I will be happy to report back my objective observations after having been to the parks for the last 10 years, the last couple of visits being this same time of year.
We returned from a WDW trip 10 days ago and also feel that Disney increased theme park capacity much too quickly, considering the issues they are having with opening shows, improving dining, and hiring staff.

As recently as January 2021, going to WDW was as an enjoyable experience as it had been in decades. Even our trips in March and May were better than most years. But our July trip showed us that WDW had deteriorated to be as bad as ever.

If you want to relax at the pool and dine away from the theme parks, you'll have a nice vacation. But if you plan to spend hours upon hours at the theme parks, you're in for a rough time.

Reasonable people can certainly disagree. I actually like the mobile ordering, though I don't disagree that it adds to the crowds outside of the restaurants. But I would rather have the crowded confusion outside of the restaurant, rather than inside when I have my tray(s) of food and cannot find a seat. I have found that mobile ordering has made finding tables once you get your food much easier.
IMO, mobile ordering is one of the bigger improvements in recent years.

I was a doubter about this; didn't think I was going to like it.

But it's so much better to able to find a place to sit and just order on my phone, rather than stand in line waiting for large groups to figure out what they are going to order only when the reach the front of the line!

Last edited:
Exhibit A - down the hallway from our room - the result of frustration- room have not been cleaned for days ! View attachment 591967

But why make other Guests look at this out of frustration with Disney?

A call(s) to Housekeeping "should" result in someone picking it up.

If no response from Housekeeping there are Trash cans at All-Star Movies this trash could have been taken to,either in the building sections themselves or in World Premiere Food Court.

No matter how poor a job Disney may be currently doing,to leave trash like this for other Guests to have to see speaks more of laziness by the Guest than frustration with Disney.

Not cool at all IMHO.

Last edited:

If no response from Housekeeping there are Trash cans at All-Star Music this trash could have been taken to,either in the building sections themselves or in World Premiere Food Court.

No matter how poor a job Disney may be currently doing,to leave trash like this for other Guests to have to see speaks more of laziness by the Guest than frustration with Disney.

Not cool at all IMHO.
Completely agree. It takes 10 seconds to gather up at least some of the trash and throw it in a trash can that you inevitably are going to pass on your way out of the room in the morning.

For those who are there now and driving to the parks, what time have the generally started letting cars in? Is it still about an hour before opening time?

And for anyone who has rope dropped recently, about what time are they letting people actually tap in and enter the park?

We were there in May and had it down to a science, but I know it’s all changed now.

Trip was 7/7-7/14. Had an awesome time. It was so great not to wear masks. BUT it was packed & no way to social distance. Didn’t bother us b/c we are fully vaccinated. But, came home on 7/14 & 7/19 DH developed Covid symptoms & tested positive. Then I started with symptoms right after & am positive too. I was one who couldn’t wait to get back to normal & thought we were safe. Depressing b/c we were going back in Sept or Oct, but I really don’t know now. DH & I have relatively mild symptoms compared to hospitalized ppl, but this still sucks. Could have gotten it anywhere, of course, but we drove & made very few stops & was actually able to social distance in those locations. Hope this doesn’t get deleted b/c it contains Covid info b/c this was part our experience.
I feel like this is a very important post. And well written. Hope you recover quickly.

I feel like this is a very important post. And well written. Hope you recover quickly.
I agree. We’re going later this week (only to AK) and don’t plan on eating indoors anywhere. We’re coming from a place that’s worse COVID-wise than Florida, so that hasn’t concerned me. We’re vaccinated but our kids are not. We’ve been twice already during COVID and have felt relatively safe in our previous trips, but it seems like post-Memorial Day is a different animal.

To this point, no. Only MK is. That's how it's always been.

Bioreconstruct has been getting a lot of photos lately, so I'm sure at least some of it is them.
They have theme park helicopter tours that run now- people can see the parks/rides/etc from the helicopter. We noticed it the most at DHS- it was constant! Not sure why you'd want to just go see what you could be doing from a helicopter, but there is obviously a market for it!

We're just back from a three-night stay at the Beach Club. Checked in on a Wednesday around 1ish, and room was ready within an hour. We went to Disney Springs that night around 5:00 and had no major issues--got drinks at Jock's, had dinner reservation at Raglan Road (delicious shepherd's pie), and got ice cream at Ghiardelli where the wait was around 15-20. My wife and sister waited for cookies at Gideon's and that took around the same.

Our first full day we got up early and went to MK for rope drop. We waited at Tomorrowland to get on SM. Once we were finally allowed in everyone was turned away because SM was down. So we went to HM...and that was down too, despite having a wait time on the app. We wanted to do Pirates but that was also down. Little Mermaid was open so we did that but it was a really frustrating way to start the day and completely defeated the purpose of us getting there early. After LM we went to TTA and right as we got on we saw that SM had opened and poeple literally running to get in line. Needless to say it was not a great ride on the TTA because by the time we got off the line for SM had backed up to the Main Street because they hadn't yet filled the queue inside. We skipped it and did HM, waiting around 20-25 despite the displayed 45 wait time. After that we decided to just wait for SM because the time had gone back down a bit to 50 minutes. This was about accurate. I had time to get an iced coffee while my wife and sister waited in the outside line, then to finish that coffee before getting inside. We left after lunch at Pecos Bill.

Dinner was CA Grill and was excellent as usual. Walked to MK after and was able to get on TTA, LM, and HM again. We caught Happily Ever After which was terrific but bittersweet as it’s the last time we’ll see it.

Next day we went to Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. All food was great there and it was nice to have a sit-down breakfast (and to have time to do it since Epcot opened at 11:00). We went over around 10:40 and went straight to Soarin’ within about 10-15 minutes, and saw people exiting already so they must’ve just been letting people ride. We rode Living with the Land immediately after, then SE, and Nemo. Got a few Food and Wine items and generally enjoyed a less-packed environment than MK. We broke midday and came back for dinner at the Coral Reef. Atmosphere there is so fun but the food was very underwhelming, which it seems to normally be but it’d been a while since we’ve visited and wanted to give a try. Walked around some more after, rode SE again and took in the new entrance at night. One more lap around WS and we went to the Boardwalk for ice cream.

Overall takeaways:
- It’s July in FL but it’s been a while and forgot how oppressive and still it can feel. So just get ready for that and drink water.
- MK was packed and virtually no one wears a mask. It truly does feel like pre-Covid crowds without the FP+ or staffing. Lines that would ordinarily be quick for small services and food felt much longer.
- As much as it’s disappointing, be prepared to either only get on a few of your favorites if you choose to take a midday break or to wait a decent amount of the time in line if you don’t. There’s really no way around it we found.
- We only had two weekdays but if our resort was any indication on Saturday, I can’t imagine crowds during the weekend. The lobby was packed by the time we left around 11 with check-ins/outs. Again: it’s summer and with much higher capacity. So it’s expected but still was a bit surprising.
- Pet peeve alert: the pandemic has done nothing to people’s use of their flash during dark rides or fireworks. I know this complaint is just going into the void but taking flash pictures on rides that are meant to be dark feels like one person in the audience asking the magician how he did his trick and then them telling everyone the answer. I don’t want to see the mechanics of a ride or having a small spotlight illuminating half the crowd during a fireworks show that’s best viewed at in the dark.

Overall: great and fun trip, great food, and got on rides we wanted to for the most part. We expected it to be packed and it was, and that helped a bit. It does feel very crowded and like they haven’t been staffed up enough to handle it all but CMs were all pleasant and professional as ever with no overflowing trashcans and clean bathrooms mostly.

Happy to answer anything if anyone has questions!

If no response from Housekeeping there are Trash cans at All-Star Music this trash could have been taken to,either in the building sections themselves or in World Premiere Food Court.

Not cool at all IMHO.
Agreed. We go in October. I intend to take some small trash bags with me. If I have to, I’ll take my trash to a trash can. I surely don’t want to leave it outside to attract bugs and animals.

It has nothing to do with laziness. I’m not hauling trash out when I’m paying over $600 for a resort. If I see trash piled around, I’m blaming the one responsible-Disney. I’m not going to mask their problems by doing their work.

Luckily we’re in the cabins. I’ll call for trash pickup and be frustrated that I have to, but that’s as far as I go. If Disney doesn’t mind trash bags piled up on our deck, neither do I. We’ll rush like crazy getting around and out in the mornings trying to be early to avoid the horrible lines. I don’t have time to hunt for places to dump trash.

If they’d like to cut the price of my resort for me doing their job, we’ll talk. I’m amazed this can be twisted to blame guests.

It has nothing to do with laziness. I’m not hauling trash out when I’m paying over $600 for a resort. If I see trash piled around, I’m blaming the one responsible-Disney. I’m not going to mask their problems by doing their work.

Luckily we’re in the cabins. I’ll call for trash pickup and be frustrated that I have to, but that’s as far as I go. If Disney doesn’t mind trash bags piled up on our deck, neither do I. We’ll rush like crazy getting around and out in the mornings trying to be early to avoid the horrible lines. I don’t have time to hunt for places to dump trash.

If they’d like to cut the price of my resort for me doing their job, we’ll talk. I’m amazed this can be twisted to blame guests.
100% agree! I can’t believe people are giving Disney a pass, no wonder they continue to underserve and continue to increase prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter