I'm not certain this is the best board for this question, but I'm not sure what would be a better place. I fly with only a carry-on and I pack light on the toiletries, but I like to zip in Publix and get sunscreen, water, granola bars, and a few other essentials for the trip. With the COVID, I think getting in the grocery might be risky? What's the best grocery delivery service for these kinds of items and how soon do I need to make my order? Thank you

you might be able to just ship from amazon ahead of time if you dont need food/perishable items. We used to do that for diapers, wipes, etc.

When I arrived last week, when, the crowds were much bigger, the touring plans app had the more reliable wait times. Now that the crowds are less, I think the posted times are more reliable. (Posted 60 for slinky, expected 30….it’s been 30 minutes and I am nowhere near loading)

however, when we got in line the FP line was huge…I’ve seen this more than once. Do they tend to give out the DAS passes in a block? Like all of the return times will be at 3:30 instead of spread out? I can’t figure out why it seems like the FP lines are either empty or backed up. Im now thinking that I shouldn’t get on standby line when I see that back up. Just go somewhere else and come back half hour later

Slinky has ALOT of Rider Swap (more than DAS).

I'm not certain this is the best board for this question, but I'm not sure what would be a better place. I fly with only a carry-on and I pack light on the toiletries, but I like to zip in Publix and get sunscreen, water, granola bars, and a few other essentials for the trip. With the COVID, I think getting in the grocery might be risky? What's the best grocery delivery service for these kinds of items and how soon do I need to make my order? Thank you
Can’t tell if you’re driving, but we’ll have a rental and plan to do Target drive-up. Usually 2 hours or less from ordering in app and it’s ready (if Orlando is similar to home where we do it all the time).

If you're using a car service (or have a rental car), I have been using Target Drive UP for my trips. Order online, use the app. they bring it to the car!

The one in Hunter's Creek has a small amount of cold storage for milk/cream BUT will only hold them until close of business for the next day (so if you order on Friday, have to pick up Saturday). Note that the Vineland store is closer, but doesn't do cold storage.

They also allow you to pick up wine (and probably beer) if that's on your list. Just have to show your ID at pick up.

Here Now report from our AK day. AK is amazing right now! We did not bother with rope drop—props to other families that can swing being at the bus stop at 6:30, but my kids are not up for it, so we took it easy, had a nice breakfast from Primo Piatto and headed to bus stop around 8.

First stop was EE. Got there at 8:40. Walk on. Rode it twice with no wait and could have kept going but opted to branch out. Kali also a walk on. 10 minute wait for Safari. Then headed to Pandora where FOP was posted 60 and Navi was posted 35–both accurate within 5/10 mins. Did not do lion king but was near it at various times in the morning and they were letting people in right up until show time so must not have been full.

At that point we had an early lunch at Tusker House. I actually really enjoyed the food—not sure why all the lukewarm reviews. Maybe because out bill came out the same as topolinos dinner yesterday, which was a much nicer meal, but you are mostly paying for characters. The shrimp curry is outstanding. We were sat in a side room where there were table between us and the characters and I was worried the character experience would suffer, but it was great. The little side room turned out to be very lively and we were all singing, clapping and cheering when the characters visited so they spend a good amount of time with us. Mickey played a fun game where we clapped and chanted his name and he “conducted” us to go louder and quieter, faster and slower. Kids loved it and got really into it, including the older ones who claimed they were only willing to go to character meals for the sake of their little brother.:rotfl:

After stuffing ourselves we stopped at dinosaur and it was just a 10 minute wait, inclusive of preshow. We went back for a swim but are very pleased with what we accomplished before 1pm on a day we slept in.

Mask compliance was also pretty much perfect today. We have been on three covid trips and were stunned how much better mask compliance has been this trip—never saw a nose all day after entering a ride queue.

It could be there was an issue with the ride (like a breakdown) and they were given recovery passes and were all back upon the ride reopening or by chance around the same time? Just a thought
Or rain. Slinky closes in afternoon storms and people in line get a pass to come back.

Can’t tell if you’re driving, but we’ll have a rental and plan to do Target drive-up. Usually 2 hours or less from ordering in app and it’s ready (if Orlando is similar to home where we do it all the time).
If you're using a car service (or have a rental car), I have been using Target Drive UP for my trips. Order online, use the app. they bring it to the car!

The one in Hunter's Creek has a small amount of cold storage for milk/cream BUT will only hold them until close of business for the next day (so if you order on Friday, have to pick up Saturday). Note that the Vineland store is closer, but doesn't do cold storage.

They also allow you to pick up wine (and probably beer) if that's on your list. Just have to show your ID at pick up.
Sounds like a plan! I don’t live near Target so I hadn’t considered that!!

Arrived late last night after an hour flight delay. Got to magical express at 10:07 pm took less than 5 minutes to check-in. Waited 15 to get on bus, another 10 until it left. Got to Kidani village at 11:30pm, got to bed at 12:30am. In a 1 bedroom standard view for 2 nts and got a partial Pembe savannah view with okapi, warthogs, etc. Very happy with the view! Moving to 1 bedroom at CCV tomorrow.

Went to AK today. Had a great day! Made it just in time for our 9:55am breakfast at Tusker house. Had a great meal. Got in line for safari at 10:50am, listed as 20minutes, took 10! Did gorilla falls trail with no wait, then went to rafikis planet watch, just missed a train both ways, so 5 min wait each way. Got right into 12:15 animation class to draw Thumper. Split up afterwards. DH and DD17 to FOP posted and was 40 min at 1:15pm DD21 and I to Kali at 1:15, posted 10, rose to 20 while in line, took 20. Brief rain shower. Did maharahah trek and saw the tigers. Met back up, had snacks from shop in Africa--cookies and cupcake. Went to safari at 2:50, posted 15, took 10. DH and DD21 went to Navi at 3:50, posted and took 25. DD17 and I did FOP twice! Listed 40 at 3:50, took 23 to preshow. At 4:30 listed as 35, took 18 to preshow. DD21 and DH shopped while we did FOP second time, then we came back to resort. Have Sanaa for dinner later tonight.

Mask compliance was pretty good... depends on who is around you. Could be 100% or 50% in lines....experienced both... Kali had poor compliance, FOP was great. Happy enough with it as we're all vaxxed and wearing our masks anywhere crowded. No social distancing anywhere anymore, as others have mentioned. Hand sanitizer stations worked everywhere I tried at AK. Sometimes you need to wait for red light to go away and there is a slight delay before it comes out.IMG_20210815_180853102.jpgIMG_20210815_095746997.jpgIMG_20210815_081937455.jpgIMG_20210815_103802051.jpgIMG_20210815_103207100.jpg

We leave next week if we don’t change our minds by then because of the covid cases.
if crowds are going down a lot we will go. If not we may cancel and reschedule.

Probably not any riskier than going to a packed theme park…

We leave next week if we don’t change our minds by then because of the covid cases.
if crowds are going down a lot we will go. If not we may cancel and reschedule.
Your post has been merged with the 'Here Now and Just Back' thread. This thread is people who are reporting their trips while there and those who have just returned. Reading the last few pages will give you a good idea what crowds are like right now.

Arrived late last night after an hour flight delay. Got to magical express at 10:07 pm took less than 5 minutes to check-in. Waited 15 to get on bus, another 10 until it left. Got to Kidani village at 11:30pm, got to bed at 12:30am. In a 1 bedroom standard view for 2 nts and got a partial Pembe savannah view with okapi, warthogs, etc. Very happy with the view! Moving to 1 bedroom at CCV tomorrow.

Went to AK today. Had a great day! Made it just in time for our 9:55am breakfast at Tusker house. Had a great meal. Got in line for safari at 10:50am, listed as 20minutes, took 10! Did gorilla falls trail with no wait, then went to rafikis planet watch, just missed a train both ways, so 5 min wait each way. Got right into 12:15 animation class to draw Thumper. Split up afterwards. DH and DD17 to FOP posted and was 40 min at 1:15pm DD21 and I to Kali at 1:15, posted 10, rose to 20 while in line, took 20. Brief rain shower. Did maharahah trek and saw the tigers. Met back up, had snacks from shop in Africa--cookies and cupcake. Went to safari at 2:50, posted 15, took 10. DH and DD21 went to Navi at 3:50, posted and took 25. DD17 and I did FOP twice! Listed 40 at 3:50, took 23 to preshow. At 4:30 listed as 35, took 18 to preshow. DD21 and DH shopped while we did FOP second time, then we came back to resort. Have Sanaa for dinner later tonight.

Mask compliance was pretty good... depends on who is around you. Could be 100% or 50% in lines....experienced both... Kali had poor compliance, FOP was great. Happy enough with it as we're all vaxxed and wearing our masks anywhere crowded. No social distancing anywhere anymore, as others have mentioned. Hand sanitizer stations worked everywhere I tried at AK. Sometimes you need to wait for red light to go away and there is a slight delay before it comes out.View attachment 597432View attachment 597433View attachment 597434View attachment 597435View attachment 597436
Sounds like you had a great day!

Personally, I would not worry about a supermarket as a risk. There are far fewer people per square foot than in a restaurant, or a theme park.

Rise of the resistance boarding groups using time.gov
Starting at 7:00, we got group 63
Starting at 6:59.58 we got group 8
Starting at 6:59.57 too early
Starting at 6:59.59 group 34

used my data, not resort WiFi. Found a spot with strong signal outside
My phone does not show seconds. Is there any way I can download an app or how do you do it.

My phone does not show seconds. Is there any way I can download an app or how do you do it.

On my phone, I just use my clock app, which does show seconds. I have the MDE app open as well, and I watch the seconds tick down on the clock app. During the last 5 seconds I count in my head while I switch to MDE, and hit Join right at the top of the minute. Works very well for me.

On my phone, I just use my clock app, which does show seconds. I have the MDE app open as well, and I watch the seconds tick down on the clock app. During the last 5 seconds I count in my head while I switch to MDE, and hit Join right at the top of the minute. Works very well for me.
I looked at my clock I have on my iPhone and it doesn’t have seconds.
Edit - I found one

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter