• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm not there this week, but go often in August for solo trips, and even with lower crowds it's often nice to go early so you can get things done and beat the heat. I live in an area where the heat and humidity is comparable (sometimes slightly worse) than Disney and know that 12-4 are the worst times to be out. I will be there next week and will only RD for the fact that I want to be out after I eat lunch, take a break during that high heat time, and go back once the sun starts sliding down again. I'll probably take a shower and a nap during that time, no use being miserable just to sleep in an extra hour or two.

That was my plan too.....and you bring up a good point about the heat and humidity. Go early, head back to resort after lunch then shower/nap and repeat LOL!

I mean, I still can't wrap my brain around anyone complaining about wait times and crowds right now, but that's me being in a place where I've been to the parks many times since reopening and experienced really high wait times and crowds. I saw SDD at 40 minutes midday yesterday, where it would have normally been 120 minutes on any of my other trips, and I was like "wow! I'd totally get in that line" lol, and the only time I've seen FOP with waits as low as I've seen them are at closing but they're that way all day now with no need to bust your butt to get there an hour before RD. I remember on our trips Thanksgiving week and Christmas week sitting at the Starbucks at AK (which soon after we got our drinks itself had a 45 minute wait) and having the FOP line wrap passed us, down by Tusker house, and over to FOTLK theater with over a 2 hour wait. We had already ridden it getting there well before RD, and when we got off it was 120 minutes and building steadily, we sat drinking our coffee watching the line grow and grow. So, I think it's just perspective, I'm used to those crowds now since I've had those kinds of crowds on 5 of my 6 trips (my first trip was last August which was only slightly more crowded than what there is right now) so the crowds now are like a dream, but for those that haven't been I'm sure they're like "why the heck are there all these people?!"

True! It's 10:56 am and Runaway Railroad is 33 min, Smugglers run 38 min, and slinky dog 33 min. FOP is 32 min. You can't beat that!

For those of you there this week and reporting lower crowds, did you rope drop? Wondering if it's still as necessary. Would be nice to sleep in an extra hour LOL!
We were there Aug 16-21, very low crowds. We rope dropped one day and just got there right at opening the others. It didn't seem necessary and we didn't want to stand around in crowds. We still got there as early as we could because we took midday breaks due to the heat but rope drop didn't seem necessary.

Just got home from our 6 day vacation. Our experiences are both positive and negative. On the positive, the lines were great. Other than Slinky Dog Dash and Jungle Cruise, we waited no longer than 30 minutes for anything. We also loved the Mobile Order option for our lunches. We would get off of the previous ride, order our food, walk to the restaurant, and when we were about 30 seconds from getting there we'd click "We're here". Usually within 2 minutes our food was ready. And, most places didn't let you in the restaurant until your food was ready - so there was always a table available. On the negative, Magical express to our resort took very long. Our bus made 7 stops and we were 2nd from last. We had a dinner reservation 4 hours after our flight landed and just barely made it there.

TY for reporting your experience on the ME bus! We're concerned that the bus trip will be a long one, also concerned about having to wait at the airport for the bus. We've gone back and forth about grabbing a Uber.

We have been rolling in justttt after opening (like a few minutes after) with the exception of Epcot since thats already late open. Today we started at HS and rolled in at 8:50 (technically earlier than posted open but after they had actually opened) straight on to Mickey and Minnie. So no need to rush to be first at the rope I think, but morning and after 5 are still best crowds.

we'll be there on Monday! Still trying to decide if I should keep our indoor ADR's? We are vaccinated so maybe we'll just keep our masks on until the food comes. ;);) I really don't want to drop any of them, it took me so long to get them! :thumbsup2

I had a garden view booked for the Boardwalk and just saw this morning a standard view finally pop up. Saving $115, that's a dent in the parking cost for the rental.
We ate inside. You’ll be fine.

we'll be there on Monday! Still trying to decide if I should keep our indoor ADR's? We are vaccinated so maybe we'll just keep our masks on until the food comes. ;);) I really don't want to drop any of them, it took me so long to get them! :thumbsup2

I had a garden view booked for the Boardwalk and just saw this morning a standard view finally pop up. Saving $115, that's a dent in the parking cost for the rental.
At least there won't be as many people eating in there with you, so many reservations have opened up for next week with all the trip cancellations. I only have one ADR booked, I looked earlier today at others but decided I'll see what's available at the time of if I decide I want one, there is a lot to choose from at all times of day right now.

Arrived today! Magical Express was fast. Line appeared long, but moved quickly. We were on a bus with 3 stops. Key West, Wilderness Lodge and contemporary. We loaded the bus immediately. Arrived in the am around lunch. Bus was 3/4 full. They had 4 buses lined up. We had thought about Uber. When I checked it would be 40 minutes at the earliest and 40+ dollars. Glad we took the bus. Ate lunch at whispering canyon. It’s 2 and now on a bus to Disney springs. We are the only people on the bus.

Characters: We saw cavalcades and pop up characters a lot this trip. The interactions were great and I actually preferred just being able to walk up and talk to Anna and Elsa in Epcot or Kylo Ren in HS for example without having to wait in a line and pose for a bunch of photopass shots that I then feel pressured to buy memory maker for. Hope it stays like this.
Cavalcade times are posted in the app under “entertainment”. I am not sure if there is a list of characters, but we saw a ton of them on or near the MK train station, captain jack in adventureland, various star wars characters in Galaxy’s Edge, Anna and Elsa in Norway, Mary Poppins in England, Mickey and Minnie outside spaceship earth and a few others I am forgetting. No masks needed for photos outdoors (I did ask) but you are always six feet away because they stand on a stage of some kind.

So you can interact with them while in cavalcade or when we happen to see them (on a balcony, on a stage, etc)? We did dance a bit with Stitch in Tomorrowland last trip - he was on the stage, we were right in front of the stage and got some fun selfies.

Also: Goofy fishing is hilarious! Thanks for sharing the picture!

We ate inside. You’ll be fine.

At least there won't be as many people eating in there with you, so many reservations have opened up for next week with all the trip cancellations. I only have one ADR booked, I looked earlier today at others but decided I'll see what's available at the time of if I decide I want one, there is a lot to choose from at all times of day right now.

I need to stop looking at the COVID numbers multiple times a day. ::yes::

I would say, ride wait times were almost a better judge of how long the ride would take to walk through the first gate through completing the ride and getting out of the area. A ride posted at 30 minutes seemed to take 30 minutes to get through to the ride, take the ride and get out.

For those of you there this week and reporting lower crowds, did you rope drop? Wondering if it's still as necessary. Would be nice to sleep in an extra hour LOL!
I rope dropped HS this morning and don’t really think I needed to. I got on slinky fast, but by 12 I’d ridden everything and left before my boarding group was called because I was so darn tired. I could have slept in and still ridden everything.

First day here! Landed at MCO around 11:00 was in a small line that moved quickly and was put on a bus immediately. Got to all star movies and asked for an available room early and they were able to accommodate. Grabbed a mobile order from the food court and took it back to the room. I unpacked, ate lunch, and just laid around for a bit. Came to MK around 2:45. The lines were all very short for me. Between 2:45-7 I did the following things.

people mover
Carousel of progress
Space mountain
Little mermaid
Dumbo
Buzz lightyear
Barnstormer
Tiki room
Break- kakamora float
Jungle cruise
Big thunder
Splash

Pretty much everything was 15 minutes or less most walk ons. I would say right now if you don’t have a real reason not to wait in line like a disability then I say get in line for the things you want to do. Space mountain was listed at 30 minutes and I walked on, splash less than the 15 posted, and jungle cruise less than the 35 posted. I’m having a fabulous time! Going to animal kingdom tomorrow and will report that too

Hello, so this is a trip review and also a request on who i should send my feedback to at Disney to have the best chance of having it read.
Sunday-8.15.21-uneventful flight from baltimore to MCO. ME had a long line but checked in and on bus in 20 min and at yacht club (3rd stop) by 1:00 pm. Did mobile check in and room was ready by 1. Needed help getting to room went to front desk. Was met by nicest employee whom I got her name but don't want to mention it on here. Said employee insisted that she pull up our reservation and make sure all our tickets, and magic bands were linked with our accounts (4 people in a room, three separate accounts). I assured her that they should be because i did all that from home and took me 45 minutes to make sure everything was properly set up with each bank account. Now mind you last january, pre-covid in 2020 i had a disaster with the same issue during festival of the arts when i went with my friend and disney messed up our accounts on magic band and my friend purchased several art pieces on her band which Disney did not set up her bank account correctly on and charged my debit card for her art as well as placed holds on my account, draining my account and pretty much leaving me cashless until the holds came off my account and her purchases in 3 or 5 days. Now that time even though it took port orleans manager three separate times to correct the situation we were in my opinion adequately compensated so I didn't take offense.
So the magic band account issue is something i am very sensitive too. So after spending valuable park time with this so nice employee at the front desk we board our bus to AK and our there by my target time of three pm, actually are there at 2:45. Go to tap into park and we are blocked and told we don't have park tickets and sent to guest relations. Now we have a four day military pass and true we did purchase for half the gate price, but were also staying at the yacht club paying almost 600 a night during this three night stay. So the lady at guest relations comes out and says the military tickets need to be activated. And we said ok lets do this and they said we need our military id. To which we responded we left it in the room because no where on the ticket does it say you need the military id to activate the tickets and they were activated when we bought them on base and remember the nice employee at the hotel told us we were good to go to the parks and all our tickets were linked. We then asked for a manager who treated us like second rate citizens because we had discount tickets and said because we got such a "deal" on them she could not help us We could purchase tickets for the day and charge them to the room and take it up with guest relations and we might get credited for that. And when i said aren't we at guest relations the manager's response was sir don't get smart with me I am trying to help you. So then another family member who did not purchase the tickets said she had her military id and could we use that and they said that was fine, and yes we are idiots but we didn't think of that because she didn't purchase tickets. So now it is past 4 PM, we are tired from traveling and dealing with disney employees who would not give us any sort of compensation because of our discount tickets, and head into the park with my niece who is in tears because of the employees refusal to offer any type of assistance.
Ok rant over part 1-Go into AK and it is amazing! No wait for EE, KS, FOP, and 10 min wait for Navi. Did FOP 3x. Then went over to epcot and saw fireworks, although did not see the kites this time. Go to buy shaved ice in Japan which is amazing by the way and magic ban pin not working, so try my nieces, surprise hers doesn't work and neither does my moms, this is deja view from 2020. Nice employee gives free shaved ice and urges me to rectify situation.
Day 2-HS-Get boarding group 38 for ROR. In park arrow d 8:30, held till close to 9 walked to a delayed SDD. By the time we got there line was to Woody so we walked on TSM, Alien saucers, and got back in line for SDD which just opened line queue, and were on in 20 min. Then to RNR, 15 min. wait, TOT 10 min wait, B&B show, Star tours 10 min wait, ROTR boarding group called on in 15 min. Made same night reservation for le collier. Waited 40 min for Smuggler's (longest wait of trip)(still think its the most overhyped disney ride). Then since we had a second went to guest relations at HS to try to get magic band accounts linked. Lady takes us in resets our magic bands and says lets see if this works and goes to the kiosk right outside guest relations gives him my band and asks him to check it. Unbeknownst to me said employe without our permission tries our bands to purchase a water, and of course three of ours are still not working. So we go inside to guest relations ask for the manager and manager comes out. Then first guest relation employee says that the guy at the kiosk charged us for a water by mistake when he was checking our bands. Yes you got it i know from last time you have to purchase something to test the magic band because of disney's idiotic technology, thought that have been fixed, but nope, not only were we charged to the one band that actually worked but not given the water. So the managers response is they didn't even give you the water, thats not cool, and she said it in a joking matter which set me a criminal defense attorney off and said no thats not only not cool that is theft and fraud because there is an unauthorized expense on my account. She told me to calm down and I know the old kill them with kindness at disney saying that usually or at least pre-pandemic worked but you can only take so much incompetence. So i then once again settled down and said we needed compensation and she said the first guest relations host already gave us 2 fast passes, now mind you they were for epcot where we were going that night, expired that night and were for test track, which had a 20 min wait and soaring which was a walk on. I said we now have to rush my elderly mother in 100 degree weather to the skyline to epcot in 30 min when we had allotted for over an hour because we chose to address an issue with our magic bands that we were still not sure if were corrected at hollywood studios because they once again wanted to have us a buy a water to test them and credit it back and we declined because after fraudulent transaction number one did not trust them.
Got to Le Cellier 5 min early drenched in sweat from rushing, to have the most amazing service. All had steak (actually i think steak was the only thing on the menu), steak was decent but get better at Texas Roadhouse for fraction of the price. Creme brûlée was delicious and again our waitress was exemplary. After dinner did TT (with fastpass from guest services), however it broke down and waited all together maybe 30 min. Then walked on soaring, and got in line at 8:50 for frozen. On in 25 min, wanted to look at Noway Store but was closed when we got off the ride, which was kind of surprising because those stores were always kept open after park close.
Day 3-back to epcot at 11, walked on soaring, the land, SE, Mission Space, Three Caber., Got food at kiosk for lunch and surprise surprise magic bands not working but again very nice employee felt bad for us and gave us free hot dog, 2 sodas, pretzel and cheese. Hopped to Studios, M&M rail was down got in line anyway and was up in 10 min and then a walk on. Shopping and dinner for mom's birthday at Prime Time, again excellent service, and food was good, and they did give mom free cupcake for dinner. Did toy story mania with a 30 min wait and then watched Cartoon show on Chinese theater which was mediocre at best but cute. Then did sari's with niece which was so much fun for her. Back to Yacht club by 10:30 went to front desk told worker our tale of magic band woe got slight credit to room, but was more concerned about letting front desk know about said nice employee from day one that screwed us on our magic bands, told us we were fine to get into the parks with our military tickets and cause much strife and wasted time, that no one wants to deal with on their vacation. I don't like to get employees in trouble but when you actively say let me make sure everything on your magic band is set up and you mess that up and take 45 min to do so, you have to take responsibility or repercussions for that. And it is possible that maybe it is just the entire magic band account system that does not work which is fine, but then she should have told us not to use charring privileges that it never works which is what i was told by the front desk staff that credited us in the end.
Fourth day at disney checked out of yacht club stored bags, was at MK. Fantastic day, short lines, actually saw cast members with smiles which was lacking the other days for sure. and ended with happily ever after which i love.
That night transferred to universal and let me tell you night and day. Disney's customer service that i would normally score a 9 or 10 out of 10 was about a .5 this trip, universals was 100 out of ten. So disney really needs to quit making pandemic excuses because that is simply not the case at universal. So ok my trip report and rant our over. I have been to disney 25 plus times and did the college program i still get goosebumps when i see the castle and this is the second trip with bad customer service although i consider it my first because they made up for it on trip number one with magic bands by providing adequate compensation but hardly did anything this time. So am i being harsh, maybe, but when you charge that much, you need to deliver on service and be consistent every time, if not lower the prices. So i want someone who works at disney to read this, any suggestions. I don't want any compensation just a sir we ready your feedback and that sucks, just some sort of acknowledgment, because this visit was different. Came in January 2021 on a solo trip and it was great, this trip was not disney, it was six flags customer service at best and that is just not acceptable. And though i would hate to do it, if this is the new disney post-pandemic, and no one at least reads and responds to my feedback disney doesn't need my money or others in the same position because i know my family was not alone, even though waits were very low park goers did not seem as happy or carefree as normal at disney something is different. Also and I am being very critical but when i was in the college program if you had a small tiny tattoo on your wrist that you had covered they still changed your job you were hired at and sent you to the back of the parking lot so even though i knew tattoos were allowed now i was still kind of shocked when i saw full back tattoos and kind of laughed to myself and thought what would Walt think.

Hello, so this is a trip review and also a request on who i should send my feedback to at Disney to have the best chance of having it read.
Sunday-8.15.21-uneventful flight from baltimore to MCO. ME had a long line but checked in and on bus in 20 min and at yacht club (3rd stop) by 1:00 pm. Did mobile check in and room was ready by 1. Needed help getting to room went to front desk. Was met by nicest employee whom I got her name but don't want to mention it on here. Said employee insisted that she pull up our reservation and make sure all our tickets, and magic bands were linked with our accounts (4 people in a room, three separate accounts). I assured her that they should be because i did all that from home and took me 45 minutes to make sure everything was properly set up with each bank account. Now mind you last january, pre-covid in 2020 i had a disaster with the same issue during festival of the arts when i went with my friend and disney messed up our accounts on magic band and my friend purchased several art pieces on her band which Disney did not set up her bank account correctly on and charged my debit card for her art as well as placed holds on my account, draining my account and pretty much leaving me cashless until the holds came off my account and her purchases in 3 or 5 days. Now that time even though it took port orleans manager three separate times to correct the situation we were in my opinion adequately compensated so I didn't take offense.
So the magic band account issue is something i am very sensitive too. So after spending valuable park time with this so nice employee at the front desk we board our bus to AK and our there by my target time of three pm, actually are there at 2:45. Go to tap into park and we are blocked and told we don't have park tickets and sent to guest relations. Now we have a four day military pass and true we did purchase for half the gate price, but were also staying at the yacht club paying almost 600 a night during this three night stay. So the lady at guest relations comes out and says the military tickets need to be activated. And we said ok lets do this and they said we need our military id. To which we responded we left it in the room because no where on the ticket does it say you need the military id to activate the tickets and they were activated when we bought them on base and remember the nice employee at the hotel told us we were good to go to the parks and all our tickets were linked. We then asked for a manager who treated us like second rate citizens because we had discount tickets and said because we got such a "deal" on them she could not help us We could purchase tickets for the day and charge them to the room and take it up with guest relations and we might get credited for that. And when i said aren't we at guest relations the manager's response was sir don't get smart with me I am trying to help you. So then another family member who did not purchase the tickets said she had her military id and could we use that and they said that was fine, and yes we are idiots but we didn't think of that because she didn't purchase tickets. So now it is past 4 PM, we are tired from traveling and dealing with disney employees who would not give us any sort of compensation because of our discount tickets, and head into the park with my niece who is in tears because of the employees refusal to offer any type of assistance.
Ok rant over part 1-Go into AK and it is amazing! No wait for EE, KS, FOP, and 10 min wait for Navi. Did FOP 3x. Then went over to epcot and saw fireworks, although did not see the kites this time. Go to buy shaved ice in Japan which is amazing by the way and magic ban pin not working, so try my nieces, surprise hers doesn't work and neither does my moms, this is deja view from 2020. Nice employee gives free shaved ice and urges me to rectify situation.
Day 2-HS-Get boarding group 38 for ROR. In park arrow d 8:30, held till close to 9 walked to a delayed SDD. By the time we got there line was to Woody so we walked on TSM, Alien saucers, and got back in line for SDD which just opened line queue, and were on in 20 min. Then to RNR, 15 min. wait, TOT 10 min wait, B&B show, Star tours 10 min wait, ROTR boarding group called on in 15 min. Made same night reservation for le collier. Waited 40 min for Smuggler's (longest wait of trip)(still think its the most overhyped disney ride). Then since we had a second went to guest relations at HS to try to get magic band accounts linked. Lady takes us in resets our magic bands and says lets see if this works and goes to the kiosk right outside guest relations gives him my band and asks him to check it. Unbeknownst to me said employe without our permission tries our bands to purchase a water, and of course three of ours are still not working. So we go inside to guest relations ask for the manager and manager comes out. Then first guest relation employee says that the guy at the kiosk charged us for a water by mistake when he was checking our bands. Yes you got it i know from last time you have to purchase something to test the magic band because of disney's idiotic technology, thought that have been fixed, but nope, not only were we charged to the one band that actually worked but not given the water. So the managers response is they didn't even give you the water, thats not cool, and she said it in a joking matter which set me a criminal defense attorney off and said no thats not only not cool that is theft and fraud because there is an unauthorized expense on my account. She told me to calm down and I know the old kill them with kindness at disney saying that usually or at least pre-pandemic worked but you can only take so much incompetence. So i then once again settled down and said we needed compensation and she said the first guest relations host already gave us 2 fast passes, now mind you they were for epcot where we were going that night, expired that night and were for test track, which had a 20 min wait and soaring which was a walk on. I said we now have to rush my elderly mother in 100 degree weather to the skyline to epcot in 30 min when we had allotted for over an hour because we chose to address an issue with our magic bands that we were still not sure if were corrected at hollywood studios because they once again wanted to have us a buy a water to test them and credit it back and we declined because after fraudulent transaction number one did not trust them.
Got to Le Cellier 5 min early drenched in sweat from rushing, to have the most amazing service. All had steak (actually i think steak was the only thing on the menu), steak was decent but get better at Texas Roadhouse for fraction of the price. Creme brûlée was delicious and again our waitress was exemplary. After dinner did TT (with fastpass from guest services), however it broke down and waited all together maybe 30 min. Then walked on soaring, and got in line at 8:50 for frozen. On in 25 min, wanted to look at Noway Store but was closed when we got off the ride, which was kind of surprising because those stores were always kept open after park close.
Day 3-back to epcot at 11, walked on soaring, the land, SE, Mission Space, Three Caber., Got food at kiosk for lunch and surprise surprise magic bands not working but again very nice employee felt bad for us and gave us free hot dog, 2 sodas, pretzel and cheese. Hopped to Studios, M&M rail was down got in line anyway and was up in 10 min and then a walk on. Shopping and dinner for mom's birthday at Prime Time, again excellent service, and food was good, and they did give mom free cupcake for dinner. Did toy story mania with a 30 min wait and then watched Cartoon show on Chinese theater which was mediocre at best but cute. Then did sari's with niece which was so much fun for her. Back to Yacht club by 10:30 went to front desk told worker our tale of magic band woe got slight credit to room, but was more concerned about letting front desk know about said nice employee from day one that screwed us on our magic bands, told us we were fine to get into the parks with our military tickets and cause much strife and wasted time, that no one wants to deal with on their vacation. I don't like to get employees in trouble but when you actively say let me make sure everything on your magic band is set up and you mess that up and take 45 min to do so, you have to take responsibility or repercussions for that. And it is possible that maybe it is just the entire magic band account system that does not work which is fine, but then she should have told us not to use charring privileges that it never works which is what i was told by the front desk staff that credited us in the end.
Fourth day at disney checked out of yacht club stored bags, was at MK. Fantastic day, short lines, actually saw cast members with smiles which was lacking the other days for sure. and ended with happily ever after which i love.
That night transferred to universal and let me tell you night and day. Disney's customer service that i would normally score a 9 or 10 out of 10 was about a .5 this trip, universals was 100 out of ten. So disney really needs to quit making pandemic excuses because that is simply not the case at universal. So ok my trip report and rant our over. I have been to disney 25 plus times and did the college program i still get goosebumps when i see the castle and this is the second trip with bad customer service although i consider it my first because they made up for it on trip number one with magic bands by providing adequate compensation but hardly did anything this time. So am i being harsh, maybe, but when you charge that much, you need to deliver on service and be consistent every time, if not lower the prices. So i want someone who works at disney to read this, any suggestions. I don't want any compensation just a sir we ready your feedback and that sucks, just some sort of acknowledgment, because this visit was different. Came in January 2021 on a solo trip and it was great, this trip was not disney, it was six flags customer service at best and that is just not acceptable. And though i would hate to do it, if this is the new disney post-pandemic, and no one at least reads and responds to my feedback disney doesn't need my money or others in the same position because i know my family was not alone, even though waits were very low park goers did not seem as happy or carefree as normal at disney something is different. Also and I am being very critical but when i was in the college program if you had a small tiny tattoo on your wrist that you had covered they still changed your job you were hired at and sent you to the back of the parking lot so even though i knew tattoos were allowed now i was still kind of shocked when i saw full back tattoos and kind of laughed to myself and thought what would Walt think.
Please email the complaints you had to guest.services@disneyworld.com . It may take them several days to contact you, but these are big complaints that need to be heard.

I would say, ride wait times were almost a better judge of how long the ride would take to walk through the first gate through completing the ride and getting out of the area. A ride posted at 30 minutes seemed to take 30 minutes to get through to the ride, take the ride and get out.
This is very true. We had very low waits compared to posted times with one exception. I’m looking at you Jungle Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter