• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have a question for those of you at the parks now. I noticed that the Mickey pumpkin decorations on the Magic Kingdom Main Street lamp posts have been switched to Cinderella's carriage pumpkins. Are there Mickey pumpkins somewhere else in the park?

I was just looking at wait times during early entry vs regular park opening for MK, Epcot, and HS. Are wait times actually that long or are they just really inflated? Like 45 minutes for Space, 95 for Rise before offsite guests can go in sounds kind of off

I was just looking at wait times during early entry vs regular park opening for MK, Epcot, and HS. Are wait times actually that long or are they just really inflated? Like 45 minutes for Space, 95 for Rise before offsite guests can go in sounds kind of off
At 9:30 per Touring Plans
Space Mtn posted 45; expected 35
RotR posted 125; expected 67

I have a question for those of you at the parks now. I noticed that the Mickey pumpkin decorations on the Magic Kingdom Main Street lamp posts have been switched to Cinderella's carriage pumpkins. Are there Mickey pumpkins somewhere else in the park?
I'm pretty sure that there are some in the front of the park. After the turnstiles and before going under the train station. They stood out to me because I also had thought they all were changed out. This was earlier this week.

I'm pretty sure that there are some in the front of the park. After the turnstiles and before going under the train station. They stood out to me because I also had thought they all were changed out. This was earlier this week.
Thank you so much! I will be on the look out. Due to work, I have not been this time of year. I took a couple days off this year. I've never seen the cute Mickey ones in person.

Disney:

"Leave no available space!! Fill in those gaps!"

Also Disney:

Here's a disinfected remote control for you. Because.. safety.

20211009_210628.jpg

I was here back in May, and it feels like so much has changed since then. I understand the risks (hence why I'm here), but it just feels like there's a very odd double standard right now, where Disney wants to do the right thing, but is slowly transitioning out of it.

Currently in line for ROTR. Got to Studios entrance a little before 7:30 to a small crowd. We were let into the park shortly after and power walked to Galaxy’s Edge entrance. We are queuing into the backstage area to the right of the tunnel. We appear to be near the front. Mobile ordered breakfast from Woody’s Lunch Box for 9-9:30 window.

We walked into the actual standby queue at 8:20 and into the preshow room at 8:30. Off the ride around 8:45. Did MF right after as a walk-on. Proceeded to Woody’s Lunch Box and got our mobile order. Slinky Dog was apparently down first thing but is now running with a 70 minute wait.

Walgreens (ID NOW test), it’s free. Staying off-site, so have a car rental. Made an appt a couple days in advance, in the afternoon when we take a break from the parks. Had my results in 45 minutes. (My appt was at the one on the Southwest corner OF POINCIANNA & SR 192)
Thanks for the info Is the ID NOW test similar to a PCR test? Just want to make sure we get the right test for returning to Canada. Thanks!

Thanks for the info Is the ID NOW test similar to a PCR test? Just want to make sure we get the right test for returning to Canada. Thanks!
You can also make an appointment with BeeperMD, they come to you hotel, it's the PCR test. If you don't have a car. Results in 36 hours.

Reactions: CJK

On the previous page, I mentioned in our trip from 10/2 - 10/6, we found Disney's posted wait times to be off in both directions nearly every time. They used to give someone in line a card you would hand to the CM at the end of the queue and they would scan that to determine how long it took you to get there. This was the first trip in a long time I did not see them use this practice at all. Anyway, we ended up using Touring Plans Line App for the majority of the trip, and it was always very close thanks to it's crowd sourced data. Sometimes, the posted wait time was as much as 15 minutes off.

I was here back in May, and it feels like so much has changed since then. I understand the risks (hence why I'm here), but it just feels like there's a very odd double standard right now, where Disney wants to do the right thing, but is slowly transitioning out of it.

It definitely felt that way. On one hand, they were as diligent as I've seen on mask enforcement, including a trip we took in March this year. However, they were also barking the "Fill in all available space!" in the same breath. I actually made a sarcastic comment to a CM who yelled "Look down! If you see floor, you are not close enough to the person in front of you."

As I mentioned previously, crowds were unexpectedly light for us on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but then ramped up considerably on the 5th and 6th, save for the Boo Bash on the 5th, which was so light I was shocked to find out it was supposedly a sold out event.

On the previous page, I mentioned in our trip from 10/2 - 10/6, we found Disney's posted wait times to be off in both directions nearly every time. They used to give someone in line a card you would hand to the CM at the end of the queue and they would scan that to determine how long it took you to get there. This was the first trip in a long time I did not see them use this practice at all. Anyway, we ended up using Touring Plans Line App for the majority of the trip, and it was always very close thanks to it's crowd sourced data. Sometimes, the posted wait time was as much as 15 minutes off.

It definitely felt that way. On one hand, they were as diligent as I've seen on mask enforcement, including a trip we took in March this year. However, they were also barking the "Fill in all available space!" in the same breath. I actually made a sarcastic comment to a CM who yelled "Look down! If you see floor, you are not close enough to the person in front of you."

As I mentioned previously, crowds were unexpectedly light for us on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but then ramped up considerably on the 5th and 6th, save for the Boo Bash on the 5th, which was so light I was shocked to find out it was supposedly a sold out event.
They stopped doing the red cards in 2017, brought them back very briefly sometime in 2019, then stopped again.

Coolio. I did see them in 2019, and then we skipped 2020 for the first time in 20 years. As inaccurate as their posted times were this trip, maybe they should consider bringing them back? :D8-)
I personally think the wait times are purposely inaccurate (overinflated in many cases). They do that to control crowds, primarily, but they can also use it to encourage people to buy Genie + and LL$. No one wants to pay to skip a short line, so it’s to their benefit to make the standby lines appear longer.

Disney:

"Leave no available space!! Fill in those gaps!"

View attachment 611743

Also Disney:

Here's a disinfected remote control for you. Because.. safety.

View attachment 611739

the “right thing” is subjective and personal and I don’t think anything disney has lifted will not allow people the choice to act however they feel comfortable.

I still think putting my mask on as I enter the restaurant and taking it off at the table is prime stupidity.

Walgreens (ID NOW test), it’s free. Staying off-site, so have a car rental. Made an appt a couple days in advance, in the afternoon when we take a break from the parks. Had my results in 45 minutes. (My appt was at the one on the Southwest corner OF POINCIANNA & SR 192)

Thank you very much. We will definitely look into this. We won't have a car so not sure how we'd manage a drive through test. Lol.

What time are parking lots opening up for early entry ? We usually like to drive even though staying on-site. Are we better off taking the bus and if so how early do buses usually start? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter