When it was in the 40s last weekend, I wore long sleeve T, 2 hoodies (with the hoods up), jeans with thermals underneath, and gloves. This kept me warm enough to drink a blue milk in spite of the weather XD Oh, and I'm from Ohio, so I know cold, but I'm not out in it for 12 hours a day like I am at Disney.

Can someone that is there now tell me a bit about the weather?

I can read a forecast, but I’m prior Jan/Feb trips 50th can seem really cold, or am I not remembering correctly?

0B163020-4641-4DE0-8F8A-A7ADE6FD2E65.jpeg
Saturday into Sunday temps are expected to break an all time record from 4 years ago.

I’ll be wrapped up like a mummy when @scrappinginontario and I hit the park, lol.

I wore at least three layers up top during the cold days last week, plus ear muffs, gloves, etc...BUT I wore my shorts. I don't care how cold it is. I'm wearing shorts in Florida! I can't really feel cold on my legs anymore, anyway...that's probably not a good thing.

I know there’s reason for it but it gets really old hearing “sit down, keep your hands in, watch your kids” on the Living with the Land ride. I think the poor CM on the speaker had to say it 6 times just during the greenhouse part. Takes away from the ride when she’s speaking over the recording.

I meant to post this yesterday & forgot. This was our IG rope drop experience yesterday. It’s been busy this week, but manageable if you get to the parks at least an hour early.

8:30 left room at BCV
8:38 through security at IG (guests were getting off skyliner by this point)
8:45 tapped in through AP line
8:50 in line for Remy’s (within first 50 people)
9:23 ride started
9:25 on Remy’s
9:30 off Remy’s (posted wait 60 minutes)
9:45 in line at TT (posted 45 minute wait)
10:15 on TT
10:20 off TT
10:40 in line Soarin’ (posted wait 40 minutes)
11:05 on Soarin’

I know there’s reason for it but it gets really old hearing “sit down, keep your hands in, watch your kids” on the Living with the Land ride. I think the poor CM on the speaker had to say it 6 times just during the greenhouse part. Takes away from the ride when she’s speaking over the recording.
I had that on MMRR on my last trip, it ended up messing with the audio in one section, so it was just silent and boring.

How productive has the early theme park entry been for Disney resort guests? How many headliners are you able to achieve before the non-resort guests are able to enter the cues?

Dan

It can be miserable if you aren't dressed warmly enough. It all depends on the night time temps, but a simple sweatshirt usually isn't warm enough if the temps are in the 50's or lower. A quilted jacket, jeans, gloves and hat are vital if it is cold. :)
HotHands Hand Warmers

I LOVE those things. If I’m hitting a Disney park and cold is in the forecast pack a pack or two of those and distribute through the fam- who is old enough not to try to eat it of course. Warmth for all (for like 10 hours at least 😉) and pretty cheap!

I was recently watching a youtube video of the train pre closure and it was the exact same thing. It's amazing people can't get their kids to sit for 5 minutes on a moving vehicle; what do they do in their own cars?!

HotHands Hand Warmers

I LOVE those things. If I’m hitting a Disney park and cold is in the forecast pack a pack or two of those and distribute through the fam- who is old enough not to try to eat it of course. Warmth for all (for like 10 hours at least 😉) and pretty cheap!
I have 8 packs with us! Granted my husband and daughter snowboard so I have tons I tossed a ton in my bag, including the toe ones (which I have cause I hate sweaty feet!)

Wow today was pretty darn cold in Magic Kingdom! Got there around 9:30, very cold (especially in the shade) and quite windy. Didn't change the fact that the parks are PACKED! And seemed like no one was really having a good time. Too cold and too crowded isn't probably something you hear often for Disney World but today sure was! We left at sunset when we felt that chilly wind starting to cut through us again. Keep warm if you're staying late at the parks tonight!

Canadian here. Went to Animal Kingdom today and was miserably cold. Had on long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, coat, jeans, and mitts. Packed it in just after 4 and headed back to the resort. Ended up cancelling our dinner reservation at Disney Springs as we just want to stay in the warmth tonight.

How productive has the early theme park entry been for Disney resort guests? How many headliners are you able to achieve before the non-resort guests are able to enter the cues?

Dan
At least two when we started towards the front of the rope drop pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter