Monday 10/16.
Move day so packed and checked out of Music. O.k. resort but probably won't stay there again.
AK day Genie+ $20
Got to park 7:43. EE rope dropped a cup of coffee and sausage/egg/cheese biscuit. Pouring down rain so set in little covered space next to coffee window.

Safari- 8:15 posted 5 min. it took about that. Not a good safari since usually the animals love the rain but it was thundering and lightening and evidently they don't like that so much so not many came out of their houses.

Dinosaur - 8:56 posted 5 min, walk on

10:00 FOTLK - got in line probably 45 min. before the show. PSA - take at least a disposable poncho even if the forecast says it's not going to rain because it probably will. I had one and an old one person umbrella that you had to open by pushing up. While standing in line there was a Mom, Grandma and little girl with no cover of any kind so I let them borrow my umbrella. The line started moving pretty fast and Dad and a baby joined them, neither one with any cover. They all tried to get under the umbrella as best they could. It had been raining all morning well before even early entry so why they didn't have anything is beyond me.

11:00 Nemo - got there about 10 min. before the show.

Walked both trails. By this time, it was still raining some but no thunder or lightening so most all animals were out except the gorillas, they don't like the rain.

Safari again - listed at 25 min. wait in line 12:33 - there were delays for animals on the road - in bus by 1:09. Very active with lots of animals. They put me in a row with a family of Mom, little girl and either mom or grandma and a special needs little boy. He was not happy to have me sitting next to him. It would have been a great safari but I spent the entire time trying to hug as close to the door as I could so he wouldn't be so uncomfortable. PSA #2. If you have a special needs child, tell the people assigning seats the situation. I know most people might not know they fill the seats as much as they can but the boy really did not need me sitting next to him. They could have put him between them but by the time I was on the truck, they couldn't move and I didn't realize the situation until the truck was moving. Always ask if more people are going to be sitting with you.

Picked up my car at Music and moved to Dolphin, room ready so unpacked.

Walked to Epcot to eat at some booths. Got the fromage croissant at Fleur De Lys, good but you have to like goat cheese. Fruishi from Hanami - same as every year. Muffeletta and beer flight from Magnolia Terrace - both pretty good.

Left and took the sky liner to HS on at 5:00 arrived at HS at 5:20. I would have walked but I was tired.

ToT - posted 25 min, in line 5:31 in pre show 5:47

Rise - posted 50 min, in line 6:13 in pre show 6:32

MMRR - posted 45 - in line 6:59, ride when down and they announced it would be at least 45 min before it came back up. Left line.

Shopped down Sunset on the way to Fantasmic. Walked into stand by about 7:20 for 8:30 show. Got great seats and could see everything.

Boat back to Dolphin. It was EMH for deluxe at Epcot until 11 but I didn't really need it. I have HS tom., Epcot the next day, AK again the next, MK again the next. Because I'm hopping around I will ride all the rides I want and some I don't want. Not a fan of FOP but I rode it so I could report waits. Not a fan of both Star Wars rides left in HS but I might ride one. Will not ride Mission Space or Space Mountain, even for science. Hope to hop back to MK some night to see FWs if the weather cooperates and will see Epcot Forever (I can actually see it from my room if I want).

Tuesday 4/18/23
Genie + $20
In HS by 8:28

Slinky Dog - posted 30 min, in line 8:35 in ride que (where you stand to get on the ride) 8:59
Mobile ordered breakfast from Woody's Lunchbox
TSMM - posted 45 min, in line 9:26 got glasses at 9:44
10:30 Frozen Show
MMRR - posted 50 min., in line 11:05 in pre-show 11:36
12:00 Indy, got there around 11:55 plenty of seats. Plane broke down at 12:33 so they ended the show early.
Beauty and the Beast show 1:00
Walked to Epcot
Remi - posted 45 min, in line 2:55 in line que 3:48
Walked around WS then back to Dolphin for dinner at Rosa's.
Back to Epcot after dinner and walked around. Watched Epcot Forever

Wens 4/19/23
Got GoTG VQ at 7 am, #15.
Got in part around 8:15 or so.
Frozen posted 25 min., in line 8:48 in ride que 9:03
Called for GoTG at 8:58 while in Frozen line. In line 9:27 preshow 9:24
TT posted 30 min, single rider in line 9:54, in ride que 9:55
Figment - posted 5 min, in line 10:24 in ride que 10:25
The Seas - posted 5 min, in line 10:46 in ride que 10:51

Walked around and enjoyed flowers, and just strolled.
Snacked at Brunchlot - Avocado Toast - it was avocado toast not bad. Farmer's Feast - Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta - not bad, The Citrus Blossom - Baked Brie - loved it.
Rode Mexico ride - posted 5 min., in line 11:58 in ride que 12:00
Made my way around WS just looking at topiaries, got an ice cream cone in France and sat on a bench in the shade and ate it and just enjoyed the day.
Back to my room, probably for a nap. At this point I've ridden every ride in Epcot except Mission Space, which I will not ride. I might see some of the movies in the countries, will be eating at more booths and just enjoying WS the rest of the week.

Most likely will go back to HS tonight. I have not ridden Star Tours, MF, Alien SS or watched Muppets. Most likely won't do ST or MF, I'm not a fan of either ride and actually don't need to go any further into GE than Rise. I might ride Alien and Muppets tonight. Will have ridden every ride except those mentioned and RNRC which is down.

Tomorrow back to AK hopefully to redeem the horrible rainy day earlier in the week. The only rides I haven't done there are EE and TTBAB. I'll do those tomorrow, walk the trails around the Tree of Life and probably walk Gorilla Falls and the one in Asia again, might ride the train. Tomorrow afternoon will be back to Epcot for some more booths then probably monorail to MK if the weather holds and its not too windy for Tink to fly. I don't need to see the FWs there unless she flies, I'm height challenged and the projection shows are tough for me to see anything. I have MK on Friday (my last park day) There are a number of kids rides I haven't done but have already ridden everything I want to. I might do a few more, try for Tron again and who knows. Friday will most likely be a shopping day. I've looked in all the parks and sort of decided what I want. I know I'll be in Epcot after 2 on Friday and if I don't get to see FWs tomorrow night might try it Friday.

loves to dive you were fortunate to get through Frozen before it broke down for most of the day Wed (bit after 10 I think). We were caught in line for an extended period before exiting which messed up timing of morning plans. SDD was also down for a long time in the afternoon after we park hopped over then had big line after it came back up, so missed that. On the plus side was able to walk straight to the first preshow for Rise around 8:40 PM (posted wait 25).

Just wanted to share my wonderful luck with genie today:

At 7, I grabbed a ILL for rise and a genie+ for runaway railway.

At 9, after ropedropping all toy story, after mickey I booked a genie for tower. After that, another one for smugglers run.
At noon, after a morning without rush, exploring Hollywood studios and Batuu, I grabbed a genie plus for 6pm at Frozen in Epcot. Two hours later, I grabbed another one for test track at 7. Two hours late (like, five minutes ago), after a bit of fiddle faddle on the app, I grabbed a Remy genie for 8.30!
I don’t know if it was luck or what, But the 20 dollars of genie plus today were so worth it!

Wens. 4/19/23 cont.

Back to HS'
Walk up wait list for HBD, about a 10 min. wait
Walked through One Man's Dream and watched the movie
Muppets - walked in right before the pre-show was done
Aliens - posted 25 min, in line 7:44 on ride 7:56
ToT - again - Posted at 35 min, in line 8:13 was a walk on

Thur. 4/20/23
Walked to IG to convert tickets to AP
Had to deal with CC fraud drama so didn't get to AK until around 9:30
Went to get a biscuit and they were out park wide, ordered a croissant and CM gave it to me for free since they were out of what I wanted. I needed some pixie dust after the morning drama
Found a shady spot near the turtles on Tree of Life trial and relaxed and ate my breakfast.
Bird show at 10:30
Wandered around looking at the animals
EE posted at 35 min in single rider line 11:29 on ride 11:32
Got some lunch
Found out both Broadway Bradshaws were going to be performing in 2:30 Nemo show so decided to stay in park for that.
Tough to be a Bug - walked into wait area at 12:20, show was about 5 min. later
shopped around, got an ice cream sat in the shade and waited for Nemo
2:30 Nemo

Back to room for a little rest and to talk to resort about changing card room was charged to
Walked over to Epcot
Just wandered around eating at booths
Then back to room

No Genie+ or ILLs 6 1/2 park days. 5 1/2 days done so far. Most days afternoon breaks to the room (too cold for me to go to the pool)
So far I have ridden all the rides in Epcot except Mission Space which I won't. Have not seen the movies or American Adventure but just don't want to this trip. Saw the fireworks at Epcot
Rode all the rides and saw all the shows at AK except Kali River Rapids and the ride in DinoLand, I don't do water rides or many spinning rides.
Rode all the rides and saw all the shows in HS except MF and Star Tours, both because I don't really like them. Saw Fantasmic
Ridden all the rides at MK I wanted to but still have a park reservation tom. So far rode BTMRR, HM, Jungle Cruise, Pooh, PP, Pirates, Seven Dwarfs, PeopleMover, CoP, Tron and watched the parade. That is really all I wanted to do but tom. will probably do - Small World, Under the Sea, ride the Liberty Bell, Swiss Family and maybe Mickey's PhilharMagic. I might watch the FWs but only if it's not as windy as it has been since I only want to see Tink fly. Not sure what park I'll do tomorrow afternoon, most likely pop into Epcot for a hour or two then maybe back to HS to ride ToT one more time.

Hey guys! Another flawless day with genie plus.

At 7 am I booked Slinky dog and rise for the afternoon. i Just had to give a couple of try to have a reservation for slinky at 2pm sharp. I also got a ILL for FOP.
Then went to AK for the celebration, hit FOP, dinosaur and did some of the treks.

At 11 I booked TOT. Then 2 hours after I booked MMRR. Then went to Hollywood studios after a pool relax stop for lunch. I got also Alien and toy story midway mania after using some of the stacked LL.

Now, I know that this week the parks have been suoer quiet, But wait Times were super long anyway. So, I’m amazed on how well it worked.
Today was 18$.

Last day in the parks Friday, April 21. Genie + $20 as usual did not get.

This was really just a lazy day so not many rides. I was up early enough to book Tron but just didn't want to have to held to a schedule so didn't.
Got into MK about 9 am and searched for breakfast. Finally found something in Fantasyland
Micky's Phil inside at 9:48, doors opened at 9:52
Small World posed 20 min., in line 10:11 ride que 10:20
Under the Sea posted 15 min, in line 10:44 on ride 10:49
Climbed Swiss Family Tree House
Tiki Room 11:20, got there right when they let you in the room.
12:00 Liberty Bell. Wanted a nice peaceful ride so went to the front 2nd story. Family with 4 little boys sat with me and 3 of the 4 decided it was time to throw tantrums. The entire ride at least 2 were on the floor kicking and crying.

Pool time and to Epcot later in the afternoon to snack a booths - Taco from Mexico pretty good but cold and completer Dole Whip for garden graze. Shopping and left around 7:30 before Friday night crowds got bad.

Overall thoughts. It was a good week not to have Genie +. Most rides were posted longer than the actual waits and mobile ordering was available immediately. I made and cancelled 3 ADRs day of.

Had no problems getting Tron at the 1:00 drop. Was actually on the train and got on my phone, turned off the WiFi and verified everything was ok then around 12:55 went to the Virtual Que page and started refreshing at about 12:58. It was a fun ride but I didn't bother trying to get it again later in the week, I didn't like the fact that they didn't even give you an estimate as to how long it was going to be before you group was called and I am just not a person who likes to be tied down to plans.

GOTG easy to get at 7 am drop. No world clock thing, just turned off WiFi, verified info and went to the Virtual Que page about 10 min. before time and started refreshing when my phone showed 6:58. Got BG 15, which was called around 9 am at 9 am park opening.

All the CM's I encountered was pleasant and helpful. Most guests were fine with the few exceptions of some parenting choices. One of which resulted in my getting a big goose egg bruise on my leg where two kids were play fighting in line and one kicked me.

Easy to make day of ADRs and wait lists for both Nomad Lounge and HBD Lounge were only about 5 min.

Checked into the Swan late last night and woke up to this view. Here for three days. Today is loosely planned. Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno and dinner at Toledo. Need to visit guest relations to convert old tickets. Have to receive our Amazon Fresh order.

Otherwise, we’re a little dependent on the weather. If the storms do roll in we’re thinking resort hopping. If not, pool time.

Tomorrow we’re going to HS. Morning weather predictions are rough but we are prepared!13409441-CCD6-41EA-9B89-BCF19907431A.jpeg

Today was the sad day for us: we came back from 12 beautiful days in Disneyworld. I would like to share my thoughts, as a person who was there in 2019 last time (same exact period of the year).

Crowds were ok. Never had any shoulder to shoulder moments and also rope drops were pretty smooth! In particolar, rope dropping Hollywood studios has been the easiest thing.

Genie+ has been quite a nice surprise. Do I hate pay for it? Yes, a lot. For sure it influences a lot your budget. But, everytime we used that it was perfect. Fiddle faddling (or playing the roulette, depending which youtuber you follow xD) always payed big. I always found the big rides with no problem, also during midday. Crowds were low, for sure that was a x factor to that….But even When lines were super long I never had to wait.

Beach club resort was wonderful as always. Mousekeeping wasn’t as immaculate as it were last time, But rooms were wonderful and always clean.

Food also was really good, didn’t noticed a lower quality since last time. The new menu at Narcosses it’s fantastic (scallops were outstanding).

Cast members were incredibile, always ready to help and to keep up your smile. Never had a bad interaction. I was also happy to see that the international program in Epcot is back!

overall, it has been a wonderful trip. I feel really lucky because everything went super smooth.

Ps: Go to Cirque du soleil! It’s incredible, worth the price.

Converted our paper tickets from 1996 with no problems at international gateway. There were three days left on each and they included park hopping! And she made our park reservations for us.

No wait at guest relations so we got to Al Forno early. Delicious breakfast. I had the Al Forno eggs.

We decided to go to the Magic Kingdom so I went online to get park reservations and genie+. Booked BTMRR for 12:20 and walked to Boardwalk bus stop. Short wait for MK bus and we are at the park 13 minutes later.

We arrived at Magic Kingdom around 11:30. Walked toward BTMRR and the ride went down. So we did Pirates on standby. Posted 25 minutes. Took slightly less. Got a replacement LL because Big Thunder was still down. We used it at Haunted Mansion. Standby wait was 50. We waited about 5 minutes. Booked a LL for Buzz with a return time of 12:35. After Mansion we walked toward Buzz. Did the 1pm VQ drop for Tron. Got BG 112. After Buzz, Big Thunder was back online and we lucked into a 1:25 LL. Checked in around 1:35. Standby posted at 45 minutes. We were on a train less than 10 minutes later. Walked out of the park and were seated on a resort monorail at 2:10. Now comfortably ensconced at Tambu Lounge enjoying a Mai Tai and a Jai Alai. So we were in the park midday for approximately 2.5 hours. Probably less. Ride four rides. Longest wait was 20 minutes.

Some highlights and lowlights of our trip from Apr 15 to 21 with 7-Day PH:

4/15: happened to walk past Slinky Dog just as they were about to reopen from a lengthy downtime, got on line just as it reopened! Rode broke down TWICE MORE while in standby and we almost left! Ended up riding and off about 50 min after jumping in line. Probably the best we could have expected for riding at 6pm. Looped Runaway Railway after the skies opened and waits plummeted.

4/16: Dinosaur during Early Entry. My 8yo said after, “I’m glad I rode it, and I’m glad I don’t have to ride it again.” On the Safari, a croc jumped from the water and tried to snap at a bird that flew just out of reach. Spent way too much time checking the clock and worrying if we’d make our breakfast reservation (we were 20+ min late but they still let us in without issue, whew!). MK that night and looped Space Mountain with my 13yo after fireworks (complete walk on). Mine Train was ALSO a walk on right before closing but it broke down just as we were about to board. Ugh! Made it to Peter Pan in time and rode that instead.

4/17: My 13yo rode Mission Space Orange. She liked it and had had no real adverse effects except that she thought her face was peeling off during the ride… Later, me and 8 hopped to HS around 7pm, 25 min posted wait for TSM, we were off the ride in half the time. Then 20 min posted for Alien Swirling Saucers, but that took 50 min because one side was down. Had a nice chat with another family while we waited, so that was nice! Then huffed it to Smugglers Run, 10 min posted (walk on) then BACK to TSM, then back to Saucers (his favorite ride) and we rode three times without getting off! Capped the night with 10pm Fantasmic.

4/18: Did laundry in the morning. Yay clean clothes! get to Epcot just as Guardians BG called around noonish, line is atrocious! Notice that $ILL was available with a return in 20 min so bought that and got off line. Heard that only one track was running so we went to do something else. Went back to GoG and the VQ line was clear but now the LL line was backed up! Still only one side running. Then shortly before boarding it all broke down. Took maybe 10 min before it was back up and we finally were able to ride. Later went to MK for fireworks, hit up BTMRR with no wait before it started, and got back to Contemporary just in time for the Electrical Water Pageant (this may have been my favorite thing of the whole trip!)

4/19: Beautiful sunset! Arrived at MK at 8:15p with 13, ready to close out the park with extra evening hours until 1am. We rode Tron 3x ($ILL, 1pm & 6pm BGs), Space Mountain, BTMRR, Carousel of Progress (13 was singing There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow for the rest of the night!), Mine Train with about a 20 min wait, Winnie the Pooh, then ice cream, then Under the Sea, then closed the night with 2x Mine Train again. Got to sit in the last car of the last train out of the station that night!

4/20: The last ride I hadn’t gotten to ride that I wanted to was Gran Fiesta Tour (I love Donald!), the rest of the family went earlier in the week but they were coming again because 5 min wait. Yeah not so much. The ride broke down just as we were about to board (heard that before?) felt bad for the folks stuck in boats 5 boats deep waiting to get off. We stayed in line and rode about 30 min later. It was cute. I was glad I rode it and glad I didn’t have to ride it again. Epcot fireworks were cool! Music while walking out of World Showcase afterwards was also cool. Seemed like the songs changed every time we walked into a new country.

4/21: Last day. Wife and 13 went to AK to ride Safari and FoP one more time. Me and 8 spent three hours in the pool, with him doing the water slide over and over. Sorry Electrical Water Pageant, you’ve been bumped! Then at MCO a little pixie dust. At security, one of the guards asked 8 if he could name seven Disney characters. Upon naming the 7th, the security guard opened a new screening line for us and everyone behind us!

Picture is the 4/19 sunset from the monorail. Zoom in and see the sun on the left and Cinderella’s Castle on the right.

Happy travels everyone!

Attachments

• 0962356D-3C35-4B4A-BC28-4DA43013ED11.jpeg
    0962356D-3C35-4B4A-BC28-4DA43013ED11.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 23
Last night we went to Toledo for dinner. I am very conflicted about the experience. The food was really good. We did the dinner for two and everything was delicious. The service was good, too. I just can’t get past the cafeteria-like ambiance. The place looks nice but it is just so loud and like a dining hall. I was hoping for something more elevated and the food definitely was. It was kinda confusing, honestly. It’s like the place doesn’t know what it wants to be.

4/30 - Touringplans crowd level 3. Went to MK today which happened to be Dapper Day which really did not affect crowds at all! Was threatening to rain all morning, and rained on the bus ride there and a few drops in line for early entry, but we stayed dry otherwise!

Genie+ was $20 today. Got Jungle cruise 9:50 at 7am. Using crappy hotel WiFi, I'll take it.

Took first resort bus in but got stuck at security :( Still got within 10ft of the front of rope drop though.

Rope dropped 7dmt, pretty much a walk on, off ride by 8:45
8:45 - Peter Pan's flight, posted 55 min wait, actual 20 mins (earscouts said that PP moves quickly first thing without LL so we decided to get in line then).
9:05 - hopped onto its a small world across the way, walk on
9:20 - Haunted mansion, posted "13 min" aka no wait. Bathroom break.
9:50 - Tapped into Jungle cruise LL, booked Aladdin. Waited 15 minutes in LL line before boarding
10:20 - Aladdin was down all day, asked us to rebook LL, booked Pirates with immediate return. Tapped into Pirates, booked Thunder mountain with 12pm return
10:45 - Daughter wanted to ride BTMRR right away so modified LL to meet Mickey at 11:30 instead. BTMRR posted wait 30 mins, actual wait 20 min.
11:05 - bathroom stop, took frontierland train back to entrance to meet mickey
11:40 - Tapped into mickey, booked Space Mountain after lunch at 1:55
Lunch break - took monorail to Polynesian for Captain Cook's Thai coconut meatballs - DELICIOUS - and Dole Whip at Pineapple Lanai
1:45 - Booked Buzz LL for 2pm while on resort monorail stop (hotel WiFi).
2:00 - back in parks, tapped into Buzz, booked enchanted Tales with Belle 4pm.
2:15 - tapped into Space Mountain
2:30 - Tomorrowland speedway, posted/actual wait 5 mins. Unfortunately one of the cars got stuck on the track and we had to wait 15 mins to pull back in and get off.
3:00 - monsters inc laugh floor (posted/actual wait 10 mins) - hilarious!
3:20 - Mad tea party, Dumbo, Barnstormer, meet minnie/daisy/donald/goofy all standby with less than 10 min wait. At some point I booked BTMRR LL for 5:15
5:00 - raced to get to our LL to meet Belle - best meet and greet ever! That mirror effect is so cool!
5:30 - Tapped into BTMRR
5:45 - picked up dinner - Columbia Harbor House lobster roll, pretty tasty.
6:35 - as we were walking out of the park, the adventure friends cavalcade was coming by, so stopped to watch! After, bus back to the hotel! DD said her feet hurt, but not as much as my arms if I had rented a stroller and pushed her around all day ;)

All in all, a pretty successful day (helped that the crowds were low!)! I tried to pick rides strategically and didn't significantly criss cross all over the park, used the train strategically to get to mickey and lunch. We have another Mk day later this week in which we will do parades, fireworks, princess meet and greets, philharmagic, Pooh, little mermaid, plus Aladdin if it's back up.

Times above are approximate. Not sure how much detail subsequent days will be, but here you go!

5/1 HS, Genie+ $22, Touringplans actual crowd level 5

Left for Skyliner from Pop @ 7:05 (needed room wifi at 7, got SDD LL at 9am), reached HS by 7:20ish (again had to get searched by security, grr, maybe 20 ppl back at tapstiles)
Rope dropped RotR (They let ppl into the park around 7:30), reached outside entrance at 740, off ride by 805
809 - Slinky dog dash posted wait 45 mins, actual wait 20 mins
835 - Toy story midway mania posted wait 30 min, actual wait 12 mins
900ish - Alien swirling saucers - posted wait 10 mins, actual wait less than 5 mins, bathroom break after
925 - Slinky dog dash LL, picked up Mickey and Minnies runaway railway LL at 10:40
break for totchos and lunch box tarts
1005 star tours line, posted wait 15, walked pretty much straight through, off ride at 1025
1030 - caught the end of the Mando/Grogu meet and greet just outside the marketplace. No times posted but one of the employees said around 10:15 they start appearing.
10:45 - MMRR LL, initially picked up ToT, but then changed to Meet Olaf after we decided that we were going to Frozen and they had times lining up right after the show.
1130 - frozen singalong
1205 LL meet olaf, picked up tower of terror LL (plan to modify return time)
1230 muppet vision, 10 min preshow wait
115 Indy show
150 back to hotel via skyliner
Swim/late lunch/explore resort
Picked up LL for TSMM later this afternoon
Plan was to make it back to HS for the last Belle show of the day, at 5pm. Problem was, the clock at the pool was half an hour LATE, and when we reached the room after swimming ready to shower, it was already 4:29! DD pouted at the prospect of not seeing the Belle show, and we changed as quick as possible and hightailed it on the skyliner to HS - again got stuck at security as well as at the tapstiles (they don't like my fingerprint evidently) and made it with 1-2 minutes to spare! Whew! Thank goodness for the skyliner!
After the show, Tower of Terror, Lightning McQueen racing academy (feel bad for it tucked behind the refurbished Rockin Roller Coaster!), and LL for TSMM and Alien swirling saucers to end the day.
Picked up Ronto wrap (yum!) at Docking Bay 7 and Carrot Cake whoopie pie (when they say it's big, no joke! Great value!) at Trolley Car Cafe on the way back.

Again, another successful day with rope dropping and G+! And so much love for the skyliner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter