We ran into a lot of tour groups during our June trip a few years ago. Do they typically show up during the summer months? We almost saw a fight between a family and a tour group who shoved their way to the front of the viewing area near the castle about 15 minutes before the show was about to start.
The tour groups in the past always started coming at the end of June/beginning of July and then in January and it appears the same this year as well. Be we experienced a lot that behaviour this week with them trying to push other people out of the shaded seating areas, blasting their music as loud as they can on their phones without any concern for anyone else and blocking up the walkways for their group photos.

Last edited:
The tour groups in the past always started coming at the end of June/beginning of July and then in January and it appears the same this year as well. Be we experienced a lot that behaviour this week with them trying to push other people out of the shaded seating areas, blasting their music as loud as they can on their phones without any concern for anyone else and blocking up the walkways for their group photos.
There was an *enormous* tour group this weekend of teenagers from Brazil, and we ran into them multiple times throughout the park and in lines and they were just lovely. Just wanted to make sure they didn't get a bad rap as we saw nothing but highly organized and well-managed behavior from them. :)

I’m not giving them a bad rep. I’m just mentioning *my* experiences with several different groups this week. And not just at Disney - at Universal and Sea World too. Maybe you were just lucky because your entire experience at the parks this week seems the the complete opposite of ours this week. At DHS on Friday, the actual tour leaders from one group were trying to get people who were already sitting down there to move out of the seating area by the Brown Derby so that they could get their group tables down there instead.
There was an *enormous* tour group this weekend of teenagers from Brazil, and we ran into them multiple times throughout the park and in lines and they were just lovely. Just wanted to make sure they didn't get a bad rap as we saw nothing but highly organized and well-managed behavior from them. :)

I didnt go into the parks yesterday but I was at Disney Springs and it was pretty dead. No Gideon's virtual queue and the while the employees said it was a 35 minute wait, the wait was closer to 15-20. Every restaurant was accepting walk ups and the Lego store line was pretty short. It was also hotter than the surface of the sun yesterday and Disney Springs has little to no shade.

I would love to know how busy Typhoon Lagoon was.
We were at the springs yesterday (7/2) and it was so hot I felt I was melting! We waited maybe 25 minutes for Gideons. After lunch at Homecomin’ we headed back. I thought I was going to keel over in the 20 minutes we waited for the Swan bus.

We were at the springs yesterday (7/2) and it was so hot I felt I was melting! We waited maybe 25 minutes for Gideons. After lunch at Homecomin’ we headed back. I thought I was going to keel over in the 20 minutes we waited for the Swan bus.
I ate lunch at Homecoming too so we were probably in there around the same time. I left after lunch too. I am not built for this heat. That's why I'm off to Volcano Bay this weekend.

the crowds were at Hollywood studios yesterday— and so were the Brazilian tour groups. We gave up about 4 pm; too hot and crowded for us (and everywhere we went there was a tour group). Mostly well behaved, but HUGE, so when we went to docking bay 7 all the seats were taken by red shirted tour kids.

We are at MK today, 7/3. I didn’t believe Touring plans which ranked MK as a 6/10 but the crowds are really not bad. The real issue is the HEAT. Oh my goodness. It’s like being in a theme park on Mars! 🥵😆

Wait times are not terrible at all. Even Seven Dwarfs says 65 minutes right now.

There are plenty of people but it is not wall to wall, shoulder to shoulder like I was expecting. I’m guessing more crowds will show up closer to fireworks time. We reserved a Seats and Sweets so we wouldn’t have to worry about that.

Our biggest issue is that we stupidly ate at Liberty Tree at 3:00 and none of us are hungry for a dessert party. 😂 First world problems.

We are at MK today, 7/3. I didn’t believe Touring plans which ranked MK as a 6/10 but the crowds are really not bad. The real issue is the HEAT. Oh my goodness. It’s like being in a theme park on Mars! 🥵😆

Wait times are not terrible at all. Even Seven Dwarfs says 65 minutes right now.

There are plenty of people but it is not wall to wall, shoulder to shoulder like I was expecting. I’m guessing more crowds will show up closer to fireworks time. We reserved a Seats and Sweets so we wouldn’t have to worry about that.

Our biggest issue is that we stupidly ate at Liberty Tree at 3:00 and none of us are hungry for a dessert party. 😂 First world problems.
Ummm. Mars is not hot. Just sayin'.

Ummm. Mars is not hot. Just sayin'.
It did feel a little like I would imagine Mercury might feel when I was there...if not for the UV umbrella I might have resembled this to the original point..
Total Recall (16).jpg
Edited to add that when I passed the fountain in France the guests jumped in a while back I completely understood. The water is just within reach..

I ate lunch at Homecoming too so we were probably in there around the same time. I left after lunch too. I am not built for this heat. That's why I'm off to Volcano Bay this weekend.
My family and I were there that day from 12 15 to about 130 so maybe all of us were there...

Just looking at wait times and they're crazy low for July 4th! Nice for all who are there!

Genie+ is also 'only' $29 today which supports crowds are down.

Are we starting to see the end of the WDW travel demand? As one headed there in 7 weeks, this would make me very happy! :)
I was looking at those too. Im blown away at those low wait times! 25 min at 1pm for RotR! Im not there now either but yeah its awesome for those who are there today.
There definitely seems to be a down turn.

Last edited:
Are we starting to see the end of the WDW travel demand?
I suspect there are many factors. One certainly is pent up demand from the Co-Vid closings. We are far enough out now that it should be ending. I also think its a combination of the major price increases putting Disney out of range for more people or only doing 1 trip a year instead of multiple (us for sure). And people just being frustrated at how complicated Disney has made planning a trip.

I suspect there are many factors. One certainly is pent up demand from the Co-Vid closings. We are far enough out now that it should be ending. I also think its a combination of the major price increases putting Disney out of range for more people or only doing 1 trip a year instead of multiple (us for sure). And people just being frustrated at how complicated Disney has made planning a trip.
These are very good points. We were 2-3 trips/year people in the past and now it's one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter