Probably because it’s so murderously hot out during the day. I know our approach in July was to avoid the parks completely during the day on EEH days and take advantage of the no-sun time!
My last EEH was at the end of April, and the weather was beautiful. MK was ridiculous during EEH, I think in part to non-deluxe guests packing into lines before closing. I wish they had some buffer time built in! That makes a nice difference.

EEH have gotten so much busier!! My last 2 experiences with EEH have been similar, just not worth the extra effort, and yet I keep setting my arrivals for Wed afternoon so I can do them. I’m going at the end of August and hope they’ll be quieter, but honestly, at this point, I’m starting to think it’s better to be there for a paid AH and cut out some dining or a resort day.
It really is possible that the rain increased crowds, thunder was rumbling for several hours…but yeah, we could theoretically do another one but at this point I think I rather for for Genie+ and ILL

My last EEH was at the end of April, and the weather was beautiful. MK was ridiculous during EEH, I think in part to non-deluxe guests packing into lines before closing. I wish they had some buffer time built in! That makes a nice difference.
I hadn't really thought about this issue but totally makes sense. We were thinking about doing MK EEH because I had read it was super empty but now I am reading differently!!!

Couple observations after 5 days in the parks:

They are still extremely clean and cast members continue to be great. Most guests are very respectful - lots of people on phones all the time so there’s just some people not paying attention. We did see people trying to leverage the cast members to let them enter lightning lanes like 2 hours early and stuff which was pretty sad.

Swan/dolphin are nice but showing age a little. It’s not a big deal since it’s just a place to sleep but we visited some of the deluxe resorts and they were in much better shape. Also whatever they are making constantly in the lobby makes the entire area smelled like burned brioche in the dolphin. It’s kinda annoying after a few days. Especially after many of the other resorts kinda have a nice unique smell to them.

The My Disney App is horrible - crashes constantly, gets stuck loading, doesn’t display details etc. For an app you’re forced to use for certain things the fact it’s so glitchy is sad. It un-linked our resort reservations randomly and we didn’t find out until we tried to book a 6pm Tron and it said we were all ineligible. By the time I figured it out and fixed it, the queue was way gone.

Virtual queue: I thought this would be awesome but I changed my mind and now believe it’s at least a good deal responsible for longer stand by lines. If you wanted to ride the newest ride you sometimes had to wait 3+ hours - that was your choice but you could do it and you were guaranteed a ride. And those lines sucked up people. Now they’re not in those lines. They’re either giving up and not riding and instead going to other rides or paying. It’s a huge cash grab and lessens the experience in the parks. Worse, it packs those people that would normally be eaten up by a traditional standby line into standby lines of other rides while they’re in the virtual queue.

Last edited:

We have been here since Sunday and it is definetly busier now than earlier in the month. We were at MK and HS on Monday and at HS on Tuesday and the wait times both days were insane. It did not help that on both days rides were down at park opening and on Tuesday afternoon one of the elevators was down on ToT. We wanted to see Fantasmic! on Monday but it was too crowded so we left.

We will also be at MK tonight for EEH and I have a feeling it will be very crowded. We will be going to AK this afternoon so depending on the wait times and availability I just might purchase Genie to ride the rides we want without a long wait. We did purchase the ILL for Tron for tonight.

We have not seen any large tour groups. There have been several people with British and other european accents.
Definitely not a Pre Covid July when it comes to South America Tour Groups.

During our 10 day Holiday we only encountered 4 SATGs.

We had 2 staying with us at All-Star Sports-1 from Uruguay(Grey Shirts) and 1 from Brazil(Pink Shirts).

In the Parks we ran into 1 from Brazil(Yellow Shirts) and 1 from Argentina(easy to spot,they all had on Lionel Messi Shirts!lol).

During any Pre Covid July trip,we would run into at least 2 dozen SATGs-they were everywhere.

It remains to be seen if future Julys will ever see the scene below on a massive scale again.

1690729179709.png

Hi all! We were at HS AND Epcot yesterday, here is my report:
:
At 7:00am on the dot for SDD at 12:30 pm. Got to park at 7:47 before security and tapstiles, too many up early and rush to leave so have a little rest. Went right to RnR, tot was down. Rode RnR twice back to back. By the time we were off tot was open. Rode with mostly no wait. Done with these three at just a few mins after 9. While on rides modified up to 9:30 for sdd. Rode tsm with 10 min wait. Got off and did sdd. Got aliens for immediate. Got tsm while on aliens. On tsm got relatively immediate with G+. Got mickey minnie for noon, was 11 when we got off. Walked right into Beauty and Beast. Did some shopping and got a drink at Starbucks. Decided we were tired and needed to head back at noon. Not super interested in Star Wars so we were okay missing it. Hth someone! (RnR was down when we left, whew!)

As soon as we got in MM I booked test track, for 7:20. This was around noon. We tried unsuccessfully for the rest of the day to get Remy or Frozen. We grabbed a few different food stops. I did get a Soarin, although don’t think it really did anything. We got there around 7 and then did Livin with the Land (also g+ which really just cut down the walk and maybe 2 boats). We got to test track at 8, off around 840. We got dinner and then it was 9 and the park closed!

*Note: did take a lot of modifying for tot, SDD. We tried to modify MM unsuccessfully for about 45 mins (several options came up but unsuccessful with all of them)

Sorry for the short hand, but just busy! Parks were full and at one point RnR or Rise was at 220 minutes. I know that’s inflated, but still very full!

Really felt the breakdowns yesterday at HS - rise was down most of the day - it opened up in the evening and we went standby and got to the shuttle before it died again. RnR was down all day. Subsequently lines were heavy at the other attractions. There were big storms in the evening. We had ADR at Sci-Fi at 8:20 and didn’t get seated until 8:50 so there went our lightning lane we were given for the breakdown. I think people weren’t vacating their tables cause of the rain and/or they kept taking walk-ins who did the same. Honestly the meal was one of our worst - not just at Disney but anywhere. The fried pickles had been under warmer for a loooong time - they were chewy and lukewarm. The onion rings were overly oily but the worst was the burgers. So salty even a salt monger like myself was like this is too much. My wife took 2 bites and couldn’t finish. My daughter picked this place so we kinda put a good face on it so she wouldn’t feel bad but $200 for that trash was inexcusable.

Overall the day was fine - we had Genie+ and I worked those modify so we rode everything except rise and RnR. Most without any wait. If we didn’t have it yea a lot of stuff was 60-100m mid-day.

Modify is where it’s at. If you ain’t using it you’re really shorting yourself. I just moved Rat from 4:20 up to 9:45 because of modify. Am I on the phone a lot? Yea but that’s the price so my fam can have a wonderful day. I just wish they’d appreciate more what I’m doing. Hearing “why are you on your phone all the time” from my wife is sorta frustrating. She just don’t understand what goes into this. Not knocking her but yea.

Hey all. I spent a weekend at Epcot only for Food and Wine while staying at Pop Century and thought I'd share some thoughts.

Firstly, Epcot wasn't "empty" but it was definitely way less crowded than this same time last year. The three big rides, Test Track, Frozen and Remy, had over an hour wait each for most of the day. Walkways weren't too bad and a ton of restaurants had availability according to the app. I ate at La Hacienda and more than half of the restaurant was empty (this was around 5-6 pm). It was VERY hot over the weekend and there were a lot of people camped out at Sunshine Seasons. People (kids and adults) laid out across booths and taking naps. I also took like an hour break sitting in there with a coffee. Epcot really needs more places to sit in the shade IMO.

I never buy Genie+ in Epcot but I did yesterday (was $17 per person). I am very happy I did because I was able to Remy, Frozen, and Test Track with some "fiddle faddling". Keep checking for LLs. People drop them all the time and a sooner time can pop up. I had initially gotten a 5:30 pm Frozen but after refreshing for a little bit, a time for right now showed up and I was able to grab it. Wait times are also super inflated. At around 10 am, Remy was showing a 40 minute wait but the queue was not outside. I took the risk and hopped on line and I didn't stop walking until I got to the room where you pick up the 3D glasses. My rule of thumb is if you don't see the line go outside, get on line for that one.

On saturday I didn't buy Genie+ and instead got the LL for Guardians. The ride broke down and had to be evacuated before I could ride, so I was able to get a refund and another LL for sunday at guest relations. The CMs were super nice about it and I appreciate it. I heard a lot of extremely angry people who paid for the LL yell at the CMs and that's not right.

As for the festival booths, some things were really good and others were meh. I noticed that France's booth consistently had the longest line. I even saw people waiting in line about 30 minutes before it opened. Yes, there are people rope dropping festival booths out here lol France's booth was pretty good. I also liked Japan, Canada, the Fry Basket one and Greece. Italy and Germany once again commit to having mediocre booths food wise (the Prickly Pear beer at Germany is good though!) Other than France and sometimes China, none of the booths had super long lines. A lot of them do close when it thunders though. For example during thunder, Germany stops serving beer but will still sell food. The Fry Basket one was open during thunder. The Brew-wings one gets insanely busy during rain due to it being indoors.

Onto the resort stay - I had never stayed at Pop before but my sister got a really good Florida resident rate so we picked it over the All Stars. The room was nearly identical to the one I stayed in at All Star Music. Nothing much to say about it. We were on the first floor in the 70s section and it was pretty quiet for a value. Not a lot of people walking past our room. I also liked that it was fairly close to the bus stop and the Skyliner station. We didn't rope drop or leave the park at park close, so can't comment on the Skyliner line. After peak rush times the line for the Skyliner was nonexistent though at night time my party was seated with another group. Never had that happen during morning hours. The Skyliner does close during thunder so on sunday night we had to take a bus back to the resort. The bus was at the front of the park and also had Art of Animation folks on it, so it was packed like sardines in there. Most uncomfortable bus ride at WDW probably.

Ate at Everything Pop for breakfast and it was one of the first times I encountered a rude CM. I mobile ordered and when I went to pick up my food, I didn't receive the drinks I ordered or one of the sides of eggs. I told the CM this and showed my receipt, but I received a passive aggressive, snarky response back. ....okay? Another CM helped me get the other items I ordered but I was so taken aback by the rudeness. Every other CM I saw was very helpful and friendly, so that one was just an outlier.

So yeah, I enjoyed Pop and going for the Food and Wine festival. Heat was pretty bad and I can see why people don't want to come to central Florida in the summer. I bet the pools at the resorts were packed to the brim.

Throwing things out there as we go on our Epcot day. Was in early and did rat and then poked around an empty world showcase. First hot coffee I’ve had in over a week - made me sweat but it was good. Coffee in the parks is actually reasonable (comparatively). Got an early boarding group for guardians and breezed on - that was niiiiice.

We’re doing F&W booths - they really should cover up menus for booths that aren’t open until later on in the season. My girls saw the ramen and freaked but it’s closed. We’re in the wings and brew lab - I got to wonder if whoever designed this area actually ate here. Why only offer impossible wings with one sauce? It’s so easy just to sauce them with one of the other flavors. Also they have neither soda or water available here - so the only things you can get with your salty wings are beer or sweet drinks like the pickle shake. That don’t make any sense. WDW needs to hire some customer experience people because it took us 2 minutes to figure out that was a mistake.

Virtual queue: I thought this would be awesome but I changed my mind and now believe it’s at least a good deal responsible for longer stand by lines. If you wanted to ride the newest ride you sometimes had to wait 3+ hours - that was your choice but you could do it and you were guaranteed a ride. And those lines sucked up people. Now they’re not in those lines. They’re either giving up and not riding and instead going to other rides or paying. It’s a huge cash grab and lessens the experience in the parks. Worse, it packs those people that would normally be eaten up by a traditional standby line into standby lines of other rides while they’re in the virtual queue.
Dont like the VQ at all. It was fine before you could pay to ride with G++, but now you are just having to sign up for the privilege of waiting in line 90 minutes.

If the VQ has the option to pay for a G++, my advice is to nite the bullet and pay for the G++

The Skyliner does close during thunder so on sunday night we had to take a bus back to the resort. The bus was at the front of the park and also had Art of Animation folks on it, so it was packed like sardines in there. Most uncomfortable bus ride at WDW probably.
Did you first exit IG and go to the Skyliner where you were then told to go to the front of the park? Previously they ran a bus from the back by the IG Skyliner to Skyliner Resorts. (Disney has told people to go to the front of the park before even though they were running this route so that's why I'm wondering if you tried and they have actually stopped running that route.)

Did you first exit IG and go to the Skyliner where you were then told to go to the front of the park? Previously they ran a bus from the back by the IG Skyliner to Skyliner Resorts. (Disney has told people to go to the front of the park before even though they were running this route so that's why I'm wondering if you tried and they have actually stopped running that route.)
There was a big sign by the International Gateway saying that the Skyliner was closed and that all busses to the resorts were at the front of the park (did not take a picture of it unfortunately).

There was a big sign by the International Gateway saying that the Skyliner was closed and that all busses to the resorts were at the front of the park (did not take a picture of it unfortunately).
I cannot imagine how awful it would be to have to walk all the way back to the front when you're just ready to get out of there at the Skyliner...that's a very. long. walk. when you're done. :(

I cannot imagine how awful it would be to have to walk all the way back to the front when you're just ready to get out of there at the Skyliner...that's a very. long. walk. when you're done. :(
Unless things have changed recently there were buses that ran from the backstage area to the Skyliner resorts during times of bad weather. I would ask first but you’re right, if this is the case it’s a very long walk to the front of the park when you plan to leave from the back!

It also seems that the in-park CMs will nearly always direct you to the front when the skyliner is down, however if you exit the park and ask the skyliner CMs, there are usually buses either backstage or at one of the Crescent Lake resorts. I'm not sure why they don't seem to be on the same page or if it is intentional.

Very bad interaction with another guest this morning at AK EE. We were maybe 6 families from the tap point when we got there and when they opened everyone in front was going through. In the line next to ours apparently there was an issue with a guest’s tickets so it wasn’t moving. I saw a guy next to me starting to shift out of his line into ours so I just walked in front of him and blocked him off. Well I guess he squeezed in behind us.

I went through first and when I turned back I saw this guy legit shove his hand around my daughter and try and squeeze his phone in to tap before my daughters could. In the process he put his arm around one of my daughters waists and was touching in areas you ain’t allowed to touch. So I stepped back to him quick and slapped his arm away and said no. He actually put it back. So I slapped it away again and stepped to him and started dropping f-bombs.

The guy kept saying - I was in front of you mate - I was in front of you mate. But I just kept staring him down and swearing at him until my wife and daughters were able to tap in and get away from this guy. Apologies to any families who heard me but I ain’t gonna stand for that and I don’t care what happens to me. Ain’t no one gonna touch my girls there while they being a huge pos.

Very bad interaction with another guest this morning at AK EE. We were maybe 6 families from the tap point when we got there and when they opened everyone in front was going through. In the line next to ours apparently there was an issue with a guest’s tickets so it wasn’t moving. I saw a guy next to me starting to shift out of his line into ours so I just walked in front of him and blocked him off. Well I guess he squeezed in behind us.

I went through first and when I turned back I saw this guy legit shove his hand around my daughter and try and squeeze his phone in to tap before my daughters could. In the process he put his arm around one of my daughters waists and was touching in areas you ain’t allowed to touch. So I stepped back to him quick and slapped his arm away and said no. He actually put it back. So I slapped it away again and stepped to him and started dropping f-bombs.

The guy kept saying - I was in front of you mate - I was in front of you mate. But I just kept staring him down and swearing at him until my wife and daughters were able to tap in and get away from this guy. Apologies to any families who heard me but I ain’t gonna stand for that and I don’t care what happens to me. Ain’t no one gonna touch my girls there while they being a huge pos.
Issues with tickets should mean an automatic trip to Guest Relations instead of holding up the line, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter