Here Now - Magic Kingdom March 6, 2018

DisneyChris2016

Mouseketeer
This is our third family trip to Disney - me, DH, DS12, DD10, DD7. We had our first park day yesterday - Magic Kingdom from rope drop to close and it was AMAZING! This was our first time attempting a full day, and our first time without a stroller, so I wasn't sure we would make it but the kids did great and we had so much fun!

A few highlights...
- We arrived around 8:30 for a 9:00AM open, were about the third row back from the rope at Liberty Square Bridge and rope dropped Peter Pen easily (walk on) My girls loved the queue!
- Crowds were very manageable. Posted wait times got pretty long in the afternoon, but we found most wait times to be a bit inflated.
- I had a lot of trouble with spotty WiFi this time, and the app was giving me trouble so fourth and up FP+ were kind of a pain, but we managed. (Our extra FP+ included Small World, Buzz, BTMRR and Magic Carpets).
- The only ride closure that we encountered all day was the People Mover (!) and it was back up and running shortly after.
- Eating at off times is great. We had an early dinner at Pinnochio Village Haus around 4:30 and it was empty.
- We saw HEA for the first time and it was incredible! We were blown away! But if you are ever considering recording the entire show on your phone, please reconsider. My family had the perfect view (behind the hub, staked out an hour in advance) only to be ruined by a man standing 20 feet up holding his phone above his head the ENTIRE show. :(
- Pixie Dust moments included my girls getting into the FP+ line to meet Tinker Bell without having a FP+, and an awesome CM at Magic Carpets at the end of the night giving us a certificate for 5 free snacks at Aloha Isle right before park closing. It was so much fun slowly strolling out of the park eating our Dole Whips!

Off to Animal Kingdom today... hope our good luck continues!

an awesome CM at Magic Carpets at the end of the night giving us a certificate for 5 free snacks at Aloha Isle right before park closing. It was so much fun slowly strolling out of the park eating our Dole Whips!

Wow, that's pretty awesome!

My son is there for his senior trip and was at the MK yesterday. He had an amazing day. Did all same day FP+ and got everything he wanted. He's at HS today.

Animal Kingdom today... family was a bit slow getting started after our late night, and we just barely made it to our Safari FP+ at the end of the grace period (sidenote - it took us exactly half an hour from the driveway of our Windsor Hills townhome to the Safari ride). Weather was pretty cool this morning. Warmed up this afternoon just in time for us to dry off a bit after Kali (we got DRENCHED!)

Rode Na'vi River Journey for the first time. Standby wait was posted at 105 minutes at noon. We thought it was beautiful but cannot imagine ever waiting for it. But it's worth doing if you can't get a FP+ for FoP.

We came back for a swim and after about half an hour of refreshing on the app, I managed to get FoP FP+ for tonight! So we're heading back in a bit to enjoy the evening atmosphere in Pandora. Can't wait to see it at night!

Very happy for you! Tell Mickey I said hi, and I'll get him that money I owe him.:earboy2:

I’ll add you can watch happily ever after fireworks on the disneynow ap on roku etc. all you need is a sign in (which you do by using your cable or dish username and sign on if you have Disney in your tv package). Also there’s youtube etc.

What a difference a day makes. We were there March 5 and had 4 rides go down on us before we got on our first. All 3 of our fast passes got converted to any times plus one we made after. Had splash go down on us twice, space mountain, 7d and Pooh all while on line. Easily the worst downtime day I’d had in a park in 20 years. Had about 4-5 other rides go down over the weekend. First complaint letter I wrote to guest relations in a long long time.

(To be fair - lots of great cast members and magic moments on trip as well but really really disappointed with how bad MK has been in particular lately and really upset with how bad splash is after two month renovation)

What a difference a day makes. We were there March 5 and had 4 rides go down on us before we got on our first. All 3 of our fast passes got converted to any times plus one we made after. Had splash go down on us twice, space mountain, 7d and Pooh all while on line. Easily the worst downtime day I’d had in a park in 20 years. Had about 4-5 other rides go down over the weekend. First complaint letter I wrote to guest relations in a long long time.

(To be fair - lots of great cast members and magic moments on trip as well but really really disappointed with how bad MK has been in particular lately and really upset with how bad splash is after two month renovation)

I emailed guest services about the all the rides that were out on our MK day, haven't heard back from anyone yet. I wonder how many of these they've received.

We were at MK on Saturday and Monday. Crazy number of rides down. On Monday, We even were on 7DMT when it broke down and had to be helped off the last big hill .Not fun at all. I wrote a letter to Guest Relations about our Saturday experience. Haven't had a chance to write about Monday yet but haven't heard back about Saturday. Worst 2 days of closures we have ever had .

We were at MK on Saturday and Monday. Crazy number of rides down. On Monday, We even were on 7DMT when it broke down and had to be helped off the last big hill .Not fun at all. I wrote a letter to Guest Relations about our Saturday experience. Haven't had a chance to write about Monday yet but haven't heard back about Saturday. Worst 2 days of closures we have ever had .
Sunday was awful as well. BTMRR and Splash were down most of the afternoon/evening and HM and PPF were down for a little while as well. Tuesday was mostly fine. Splash was down for the first hour but that was pretty much it.

I’m planning on Splash being down on my trip in 1.5 weeks. Very low expectations with that ride.

I wonder if GS is getting tired of those emails yet. Maybe everyone is watching more closely because it’s being discussed so much but it really feels like there’s something systemic going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter