Here now...overheard Mine Train -Saturday, May 3rd

UpstateMick

DIS Veteran
So, as I was walking by the Mine Train this morning on my way to Under The Sea we stumbled upon a group of VIPs at the Mine Train opening (walls are down in one section). I decided to eavesdrop and they were discussing a media event and an open date of Saturday morning, May 3rd. It was very hush, hush, but there were about 12 people there and I definitely heard May 3rd mentioned several times. Take it for what it's worth...just wanted to share. :thumbsup2

oooOh, good job!! :thumbsup2

And it just so happens DH and I will be there the 5th-9th. :good vibes *the planning and scheming commences!* :thumbsup2

Ooooh! Hopefully this is true; from what the rumor mill has been saying, late April/early may seems to be the consensus!

I'm going to be in Disney May 11-19, so I'm excited that my odds look really good!

The media event has already been confirmed to be April 30 through May 2. It wouldnt be shocking if May 3 was the official public grand opening date.

I've heard about "soft openings" preceding a media event. Any guesses when that would start and how that works if we happened to be there when it happened?

I hope I heard right for all you guys! I won't be back until next February, but I'm looking forward to all of you being able to enjoy! ;)

We arrive May 4th! I hope this is true!! Would love to try it out during this trip!

i heard that they are testing it first on media that has talked negative about $5 cupcakes and if they survive then bloggers who put more than 7 exclamation marks in posts are next. if no one falls out then everyone else is good.

This would be great. My granddaughter will be there May 4-7 with on a school trip!

Oh Lord, We are in MK on May 4th... Kind of excited to maybe get to ride, but also thinking maybe we should just skip the craziness and have fun in the rest of the park since this is only a short trip with 2 park days!

gah. We're going to be there April 28th to May 2nd! Our two Magic Kingdom days are those two days. I was hoping to be able to ride it at Rope Drop on May 2nd. I know it'll be in Soft Opening by then, but with the media event those 3 days, are they going to have it still opened and working at Rope Drop? How did they do it with the media events for the rest of Fantasyland?

So happy to hear this. I had read that the Grand Opening was going to be early May but now that you've heard a specific date that's even better.

WBPC cruise begins May 2... I was hoping we would see it on our pre cruise stay!

First off..nice job on the eavesdropping. This makes sense given the media dates. I am sure they will have a soft opening too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter