Here now...overheard Mine Train -Saturday, May 3rd

We were there Mid November 2012. Left WDW on Thanksgiving Day. Cant remember the dates exactly.

ETWB was open off and on for AP. CMs were nice enough to let us in. We also were able to eat at BOG on a soft opening, but they were not taking ADRs. Just walk ups. Mermaid was the same thing, but believe it or not that was almost a walk on.

I believe both ETWB and Mermaid we did during MVMCP.:santa: We did BOG on November 18. It was my daughters birthday.:goodvibes It was sort of crazy because we had booked an ADR at Coral Reef for her birthday and got out of that just before 3:00 and it was only 6pm or so when we hopped over to MK and found out that BOG was open and taking walk ins. :yay: Ugh... needles to say we were stuffed and really not hungry, but couldn't resist the opportunity. Needless to say it was worth the experience of just getting to be there.:woohoo:

The official media event is scheduled for 4/30 to 5/2 and at some point within that time there will be an official opening ceremony, but soft openings should be starting no later than April 1 (barring any unforeseen delays) however if things progress at their current pace (speedier than expected) CM previews and softs during the second half of March are definitely possible as well, so while the first official day that 7DMT will be open to the public may very well be May 3, expect soft openings/previews well before that.

We were in MK the last weekend in Sept. 2012.....we were walking in Fantasyland and were asked to try ETWB. They just let anyone who happened to be walking by try it out.

We were there for a little mermaid soft opening. The area wasn't open to guests, but there were CMs standing by and asking certain guests if they'd like to ride. We walked up to ask when it was expected to open and they asked if we wanted to ride. The next night, we went by again and the ride wasn't operating. There was signage around too, but I didn't pay attention.

Thank you! That makes sense. I would be pacing back and forth all day long...putting on disguises...doing what I needed to do to get on! ;)

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Ive been searching "Mine Train" for the last 3 months just to get random updates. I SOOOOO hope this is true. We will be there May 5-9. OMG OMG OMG. Just another thing to obsess about. Im going to go on Disney Withdraw once we get home from our trip.

The official media event is scheduled for 4/30 to 5/2 and at some point within that time there will be an official opening ceremony, but soft openings should be starting no later than April 1 (barring any unforeseen delays) however if things progress at their current pace (speedier than expected) CM previews and softs during the second half of March are definitely possible as well, so while the first official day that 7DMT will be open to the public may very well be May 3, expect soft openings/previews well before that.

Does anybody know if you can use FP (or in our case we have three priority passes) before the grand opening? We will be there during Spring Break, mid-April. Or is it just a case of being there at the right time?

Does anybody know if you can use FP (or in our case we have three priority passes) before the grand opening? We will be there during Spring Break, mid-April. Or is it just a case of being there at the right time?

A soft open phase means it can be open for random short periods of time throughout the day, or sometimes not at all on certain days. They won't make FP available under such conditions.

i heard that they are testing it first on media that has talked negative about $5 cupcakes and if they survive then bloggers who put more than 7 exclamation marks in posts are next. if no one falls out then everyone else is good.
This is a forum, not a blog, but....here goes: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ride the Mine Train now?:rotfl2:

(please excuse my dumb humor :P)

We arrive May 5th. Fingers are crossed. I hope to see it when I get to do my fastpass+ on Thursday

I'm excited for all of you that will be there in May! I'm sure you are all prepared for the longest line you've ever seen in your life, as well.pixiedust:

Did you happen to notice if those VIPs were Disney bus drivers? I've always wondered where they get their information. :)

That would be fantastic!! We arrive May 4th, it'd be great to get to experience it bright and early! Lol. Can't wait to see it either way, it's looking awesome! :thumbsup2

With everyone and his pet dog putting this ride on FP+, the wait times will be hellish all spring/summer. I'm glad we'll be checking it out in the fall!

gah. We're going to be there April 28th to May 2nd! Our two Magic Kingdom days are those two days. I was hoping to be able to ride it at Rope Drop on May 2nd. I know it'll be in Soft Opening by then, but with the media event those 3 days, are they going to have it still opened and working at Rope Drop? How did they do it with the media events for the rest of Fantasyland?
Most of fantasy land is shut till 12 noon on the 2nd. Mde says rides open at 12 and Ariel starts meeting then too.

May 3rd is our last day. I hope it happens before then or at least on that day. I don't want to miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter