Here now, yes, it's crowded!

MK on 10/18 and MNSSHP
EP on 10/19
MK today 10/20 (and going to MNSSHP)
All have been very crowded. We did a good job with making rope drop and maximizing FP but man ... It seems so much more crowded than our trip this time last year. My DD8 said, "if we see a short line, skip it, because it's closed."o_O

2015: "October ain't what it used to be".

2007: "October ain't what it used to be".
http://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-from-por-any-s.1615934/#post-21395560

2005: "October ain't what it used to be".
http://www.disboards.com/threads/grrr-the-frustation-october.1355839/#post-16973573

Hehe. When was October what it used to be? :)

I'll add to this. I have an Unofficial Guide to WDW from 2003 that contains these quotes from readers:

"We planned our trip for the offseason (October ) because we thought it would be less crowded, but we were sadly mistaken".

"Five years ago a trip to WDW in October was a pleasure. Now the crowds are getting larger. By mid morning at the MK, lines for Splash Mountain were 50-60 minutes long. "

"Do not go in October; it was packed".

The more things change....

No need for a rant, but I am gonna state the obvious..... We have all read the numerous threads about how October ain't what it used to be....what I will say is, they were all right. MK was absolutely mobbed yesterday, as was world showcase. We're going to MNSSHP tonite and of course we're looking forward to it, but, we know it's gonna be a nuthouse.
As my wife said "I'd rather be in a packed Magic Kingdom then sitting alone at my desk at work"...well said my love, well said :-)

Today I checked my app for the MK and the wait times were great! Really low!

I'm also here now, and agree completely about the crowds. When I got here on Saturday, I had to wait about 10 minutes at the airport just to check in with DME. Then another 10-15 minutes for the bus. From the time my plane landed, it was > 2 hours to my resort. Two days ago, I went to the Chase lounge at Epcot and there was a wait to get in at about 12:15.

It's all relative. I've been coming to WDW for almost 20 yrs in Oct. Yes it's more crowded than it used to be but it's completely workable. We are here now and were also in Epcot last night for F&W. We had had no problems riding what we wanted and hitting about 1/2 the stops at FW.

I'll add to this. I have an Unofficial Guide to WDW from 2003 that contains these quotes from readers:

"We planned our trip for the offseason (October ) because we thought it would be less crowded, but we were sadly mistaken".

"Five years ago a trip to WDW in October was a pleasure. Now the crowds are getting larger. By mid morning at the MK, lines for Splash Mountain were 50-60 minutes long. "

"Do not go in October; it was packed".

The more things change....

Great find!

Here is the one thing I noticed about everyone saying it's crowded recently - they are only saying it about Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Which I think are to be expected given that it's F&W and the amount of MNSSHP during the week that cause people to flood in on non-party days or weekends (when levels are always higher). I haven't seen any comments about HS, AK or Disney Springs being crowded.

MK on 10/18 and MNSSHP
EP on 10/19
MK today 10/20 (and going to MNSSHP)
All have been very crowded. We did a good job with making rope drop and maximizing FP but man ... It seems so much more crowded than our trip this time last year. My DD8 said, "if we see a short line, skip it, because it's closed."o_O

We usually go to WDW in October but went in August this year instead since DD started college.
If we would have done an October trip we'd be there this week :sad: and done your same plan - MK on Sun 10/18 and EP on Mon 10/19 ..... Tue 10/20 probably would have been a pool day and maybe MNSSHP.

I will say while we missed the F&W food samplings we loved how empty Epcot was when we visited in August.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

I'm also here now, and agree completely about the crowds. When I got here on Saturday, I had to wait about 10 minutes at the airport just to check in with DME. Then another 10-15 minutes for the bus. From the time my plane landed, it was > 2 hours to my resort. Two days ago, I went to the Chase lounge at Epcot and there was a wait to get in at about 12:15.

What is the Chase lounge in Epcot?

What is the Chase lounge in Epcot?

The Chase lounge in Epcot is in the American Adventure, upstairs. As you face the building, look to the right where there's a CM under a green umbrella by a doorway. You need any Chase credit card to get in (not just Disney Chase). It's a couple big rooms where you can sit (if the seats aren't all taken), get free soda, recharge your cell phone (but maybe all the charging cords are taken), buy a glass of wine, maybe get wrist bands for preferred seating at the Eat to the Beat concert or Illuminations. I say "maybe" because when I was there, it was announced that the Illuminations viewing spot was being used by a private party that night, so unavailable, and the preferred seating for concerts was only available at 2 of the 3 times (and since I was there around noon, I'm not sure the 3rd was sold out already.)

We arrive tomorrow. I was planning on MK this coming Saturday because I really wanted to see MSEP, but I've come to the conclusion that the crowds aren't worth it.

Now my problem is, I have no idea of where to actually go Saturday since Epcot is to be avoided also. Is Disney Springs still super crowded on the weekends?
animal kingdom on a Saturday sounds good ???

My DH looked up first week of December dates (12/2-12/10) for a maybe trip, slim picking for resorts and that's all we needed for a definite no. with all the reports of crowd levels being more than expected I think the rest of the year will be the same.

Also here this past week and while we did everything we wanted to do wasn't thrilled with the crowds. Probably won't be back this time of year again!

Thinking of sept for a future trip. Heat n humidity ? How bad is it. We are from south pa. So....?
You will be amazed at how hot Earth can be....seventh layer of hell hot...surface of the sun while breathing through wet gauze hot. I am an expert after living on the MS Gulf Coast for 45 years.

September early was empty. Best time to go. No FW no parties.

We were there the 5th-12th and would definitely not describe it as empty. Having heard so many people on here describe it that way just set our expectations too high. Best to go in expecting it to be crowded, which it was during our trip.

Here is the one thing I noticed about everyone saying it's crowded recently - they are only saying it about Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Which I think are to be expected given that it's F&W and the amount of MNSSHP during the week that cause people to flood in on non-party days or weekends (when levels are always higher). I haven't seen any comments about HS, AK or Disney Springs being crowded.

We actually encountered the highest crowd levels at AK and HS during our trip in early Sept. The lowest crowds were during EMH nights at MK actually.

Last edited:
Thinking of sept for a future trip. Heat n humidity ? How bad is it. We are from south pa. So....?

We had a lot of cloudy days during our trip which made it pretty nice. I actually wore jeans three of the days! Now, when the sun came out it was a different story, especially during the end of our stay - seriously sweltering...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter