Here now!

Mama Mouse

DIS Veteran
Arrived today, only had time for a couple hours at Epcot so far. We did SE, maelstrom, gran fiesta tour and had dinner.

So far magic bands have worked beautifully for everything except magical express. Hoping that holds true the whole time we're here.

It's pretty chilly at night, but it was gorgeous out earlier. Crowds seem incredibly low!

Heading to AK and MK tomorrow, if anyone has any questions.

Arrived today, only had time for a couple hours at Epcot so far. We did SE, maelstrom, gran fiesta tour and had dinner.

So far magic bands have worked beautifully for everything except magical express. Hoping that holds true the whole time we're here.

It's pretty chilly at night, but it was gorgeous out earlier. Crowds seem incredibly low!

No questions but if you don't mind, can you take a bit of time to let us know how your experience is going; the good, the bad and the indifferent things. Much appreciate it!!!!!

Actually, size of crowds and lines, and your weather report would help a lot of people who plan on going there early in the year!

I am going to assume you are at some point going to HS. If you have a fastpass+ for Fantasmic, cancel it. We went 3 weeks ago and had one and it was a waste of a fastpass. Ended up sitting on the far end and walking in at the same time (in a different line) as all of the people that did not have one. It is worthless. :( On the bright side, everything else was great! Have a great time! :banana:

~Thanks so much for the update! I wish I was there right now! Have fun!:cool1:

Actually, size of crowds and lines, and your weather report would help a lot of people who plan on going there early in the year!

Again, I was only in Epcot for two hours but crowds were extremely low compared to what I'm used (mostly summer trips before.) No wait at all for any of the three rides we went on and Test Track was only listed at 30 minutes. I believe Soarin' was similar. No one had to stand on the bus back to Pop but the seats were filled. We did leave during Illuminations, though.

Weather is unusually cool for Florida. It's only 38 right now (but it's early) and only suppose to reach 56. The forecast for the rest of the weekend says we'll get back into the 60s.

I feel like it's too early to say that I love the magic bands but they are working great! Haven't used them for fp+ yet but no issues at our room or with charging. It makes spending a lot easier which is kind of scary!

Today we're heading to AK for a bit and then MK later.

I am going to assume you are at some point going to HS. If you have a fastpass+ for Fantasmic, cancel it. We went 3 weeks ago and had one and it was a waste of a fastpass. Ended up sitting on the far end and walking in at the same time (in a different line) as all of the people that did not have one. It is worthless. :( On the bright side, everything else was great! Have a great time! :banana:

That's a good tip. I opted not to do the F! Fp because someone else said that too. I'd rather just have the downtime waiting in line.

I'll be joining you in 9 days!! :cool1: I too will be staying at pop so if you have any updates on how crowded pop is or anything going on at the hotel I'd love to hear it. Also would love to see general crowd and weather updates, specifically what your family is wearing to stay comfortable cause I'm trying to figure out what to pack.

Thanks so much!!!

Also if you make it back to Epcot at any point I would be extremely interested in hearing what the waits are like for Anna and Elsa............

We leave in a week, curious also.
Would love to hear an update on the lines for Frozen.

I'll be joining you in 9 days!! :cool1: I too will be staying at pop so if you have any updates on how crowded pop is or anything going on at the hotel I'd love to hear it. Also would love to see general crowd and weather updates, specifically what your family is wearing to stay comfortable cause I'm trying to figure out what to pack. Thanks so much!!!

I coming back on Feb 1, also another Pop stay, and I so know when I tried to add a night Pop, along with all the values are totally full. However, I spent the morning at AK today and crowds are very low. Got a late start and still walked right on to Safari.

One thing, today is COLD. I'm freezing in pants, long sleeves and a light jacket. But the rest of this stay is supposed to be much warmer. Last night at Epcot I was fine in jeans and long sleeves.

I'll be back at Epcot on Sarurday and will know more about Elsa and Ana then.

Glad you guys are enjoying and having minimal problems with the magicbands! Have a fantastic trip!

Just a quick update. We did AK this morning. Did safari, flights of wonder and Everest twice, all with no wait except one 15 minute wait for one of the Everest rides. Ate at Flame Tree and upgraded to AP at guest services.

They initially quoted me the higher price but as soon as I asked about price bridging, they did it right and it went well. Still absolutely no issues with my band, even after the upgrade, until we got back tonight-it wouldn't open the door.
However my friend's worked so all is well for now.

Spent the afternoon and evening at MK. Used fp+ for space mountain, Peter Pan and btmrr. Also did tta, COP, Laugh Floor, Tea cups, msep, haunted mansion and country bears. Never waited longer than 10 minutes for anything bc of fp and a few were walk ons.

The biggest problem is the cold. It was miserably cold tonight but we roughed it out and had fun. It was rough though.

I have a few questions for you. If you are able to look in the pop food court at breakfast, can you tell me what kind of cereal they have available? My son is super picky & only eats cereal or pop tart for breakfast. He loves mini wheats & fruit loops.

I'm a little worried about the weather. It says 60-70s next week but I know it will be cool at night. I think we may need our thick jackets for morning & night.

Also, What kind of issues did you have with ME? We will be using it for the first time. Thanks!

We are here now also!

Magic Bands have worked marvelously for us all week. Have nothing but good things to say about them.

After reading all of the negative reviews I was a bit apprehensive pre-trip...and I have been pleasantly surprised.

I have a few questions for you. If you are able to look in the pop food court at breakfast, can you tell me what kind of cereal they have available? My son is super picky & only eats cereal or pop tart for breakfast. He loves mini wheats & fruit loops. I'm a little worried about the weather. It says 60-70s next week but I know it will be cool at night. I think we may need our thick jackets for morning & night. Also, What kind of issues did you have with ME? We will be using it for the first time. Thanks!

I'll have to check on cereal later.

Definitely bring those thick jackets. I had to buy a hat and blanket and was still nowhere warm enough last night at MK but it's unusually cold right now. Shouldn't be quite this intense next week.

Had zero issues with ME other than them saying my bands didn't work for them. Just bring the booklet they sent and you'll be golden.

Unfortunate update: today's plans derailed just a titch because I'm gonna be going to centra care later for an ear infection. (I'm prone to them.) we have Ohana at 7:30 and then going to hop back to pop and call the shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter